Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: What attracts you to guys/girls?

Coolness.

There is nothing more important than being cool.
    Not
    A
    Single
    Thing

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    Coolness.

There is nothing more important than being cool.
    Not
    A
    Single
    Thing
    To me, coolness is just a collective term for any sort of positive trait. So I guess that applies to me too.

^ Click this for good times ^

What attracts me is their hair and eyes. Also loyal, good sense of humor... overall a nice personality.. maybe a tattoo. An awesome one ^_^ D:
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Everybody who says personality is the only thing that matters has never been with someone ugly enough to stop traffic (but they have a nice personality everybody).

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    To me, coolness is just a collective term for any sort of positive trait. So I guess that applies to me too.
    I'm not just an adjective! I'm a person!

I'm attracted to a certain girl.

Oh, we're actually taking this topic seriously? =P

Personally, what I strive to find is one single quality. A quality that pretty much encompasses sub-qualities everyone admires (including here).

Open-mindedness.

A word so overused and misunderstood. Usually, when we think of open-minded people, we think of a person who has "moderate" views or has no biased leanings towards most things. Some think of it as accepting any new information no matter what. Lastly, some people even think of it as a person who is indecisive on making opinions.

But it's none of those things. Being open-minded is more about the approach rather than the belief, and I have Pesky Persian to thank for that.

What do I mean by this? Over the past few months, I've pretty much learned this secret. It isn't really that important for someone to have the same political or religious ideologies as you. It isn't even important that you both have the same hobbies and interests. It is true that people who share similar activities and beliefs tend to understand each other better, but it simply isn't necessary that they share any of them. What I feel is necessary is that they approach you as a person in an open-minded way.

Being an open-minded person is really about thinking past first base. It's about having the humility to think above your own background and vision. It is recognizing your natural tendencies and challenging them constantly by looking through the world as both "you" and as a neutral observer. It is recognizing that there are hundreds of philosophies and ideologies in everything; even something as simple as waking up in the morning and getting ready for school or work. Regardless of what you do, believe, and value, you can be open-minded by simply approaching the next person and treating their interests, beliefs, and values as valid. It is even more impressive when it is something completely foreign to you.

Someone may not be as big of a gaming nerd as you, but are they interested in seeing what it's like? Do they ask questions about it? Do they try it out? Actually acknowledge and respect your passion for it? Try to learn something from it? Someone may not also be a Christian, but do they still believe in something higher than themselves? Do they recognize the benefits and positive things that come from it? Do they respect and acknowledge what it's done for you personally? Do they understand the idea behind your belief even though both of you do not agree? Do you both see each other past your beliefs..?

People who tend to approach the world and people around them with this attitude likely have sub-qualities everyone wants. Intelligence, honesty, non-judgmental, kindness, flexibility, listening, .. the list goes on. Just about every good quality we want in a mate can easily involve being open-minded in some way.
    Last edited by GhostAnime; 11th April 2012 at 5:07 PM.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

For a time, it used to be the way they looked for me, but now it is personality and whether I can actually have a conversation with them.
    For example there is this one girl who is hilarious and everyone notes that she is a great person because she isn't a ***** like some of the girls in my school. I can have a conversation with her too, that is until I get the nerves

That is what pretty much attracts me, though when it happens, it can never be undone or stopped repeating, its so annoying

EDIT: Rank Up, bout time, must be a sign off this post
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by djhappy View Post
    Everybody who says personality is the only thing that matters has never been with someone ugly enough to stop traffic (but they have a nice personality everybody).
    hey ugly people need love to lol
    岩根雅明=♡

Good hygiene, intelligent, confident (not to be confused with cocky), easy-going, doesn't mope/complain too much, overall friendliness, etc. etc.

There are simply tons of little things that attract me to a woman, it'd be silly to list them all.

Physically, I'm really not picky but I do have standards. My preference is dark hair with bright eyes, with an average/slender physique. I find several different face structures appealing but there is a certain "template", if you will, that I prefer to others.

3DS FC: 0989-1762-1315
    Friend Safari: Normal (Teddiursa, Kecleon, Chansey)
    PM me if you'd like to add me.

Soul Silver Team:

Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    Better delete my history =(

I don't want anyone using my computer to get any ideas.
    Don't worry, we already have gotten ideas of you saying that ^^ (I'm using my dad's computer, so...yeah...)

I, if I ever want to be in a relationship, would want a girl who's moderately cute, is kind with a good sense of humor, and enjoys spending time with me. Also, I want one that I can cuddle with a lot

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

True. I mean I'm not going to say that looks don't factor into what I like (on some base or another, most of us are shallow people), but looks with nothing else to back it up is almost as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostAnime View Post

Personally, what I strive to find is one single quality. A quality that pretty much encompasses sub-qualities everyone admires (including here).

Open-mindedness.

A word so overused and misunderstood. Usually, when we think of open-minded people, we think of a person who has "moderate" views or has no biased leanings towards most things. Some think of it as accepting any new information no matter what. Lastly, some people even think of it as a person who is indecisive on making opinions.

But it's none of those things. Being open-minded is more about the approach rather than the belief, and I have Pesky Persian to thank for that.

What do I mean by this? Over the past few months, I've pretty much learned this secret. It isn't really that important for someone to have the same political or religious ideologies as you. It isn't even important that you both have the same hobbies and interests. It is true that people who share similar activities and beliefs tend to understand each other better, but it simply isn't necessary that they share any of them. What I feel is necessary is that they approach you as a person in an open-minded way.

Being an open-minded person is really about thinking past first base. It's about having the humility to think above your own background and vision. It is recognizing your natural tendencies and challenging them constantly by looking through the world as both "you" and as a neutral observer. It is recognizing that there are hundreds of philosophies and ideologies in everything; even something as simple as waking up in the morning and getting ready for school or work. Regardless of what you do, believe, and value, you can be open-minded by simply approaching the next person and treating their interests, beliefs, and values as valid. It is even more impressive when it is something completely foreign to you.

Someone may not be as big of a gaming nerd as you, but are they interested in seeing what it's like? Do they ask questions about it? Do they try it out? Actually acknowledge and respect your passion for it? Try to learn something from it? Someone may not also be a Christian, but do they still believe in something higher than themselves? Do they recognize the benefits and positive things that come from it? Do they respect and acknowledge what it's done for you personally? Do they understand the idea behind your belief even though both of you do not agree? Do you both see each other past your beliefs..?

People who tend to approach the world and people around them with this attitude likely have sub-qualities everyone wants. Intelligence, honesty, non-judgmental, kindness, flexibility, listening, .. the list goes on. Just about every good quality we want in a mate can easily involve being open-minded in some way.
    This might be one of the most intelligent posts I've seen on the internet. There are times when I try to think like this, and other times that I completely forget about it (I mean, Vampire Diaries? Seriously?). But thinking like this, even if it's only 2 out of 3 times, is definitely a good way to approach life, and girls you might be attracted to.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

haha, funny thread. Well nice butt and other features xD If I get to know someone more than it becomes some sense of humor and personality, but at first glance definetly what I said first lol

GodDamnZilla

It's a way of pretending you're a deep caring person.

You see a cute person, but you say how wonderful of a personality they have. It doesn't matter that you actually don't know the person well enough to make generalization about the person personality. Why? Because its easier to just make up good traits about the person based off of the idealized version of that that you created out of your own infatuation.

This really is one of those societal memes that needs to be dialed down a few notches.
    Last edited by Zazie; 11th April 2012 at 7:13 PM.

she also gotta have a donk

Confidence is a biggie. It really irritates me when the person I'm with is constantly worrying about screwing up. It's kind of flattering at first, but it quickly turns annoying. The time spent away from someone you like matters just as much as the time you spend with them, and when the other person is constantly making contact and always trying to bridge the healthy gaps because they're not confident enough in themselves or in the other person's trust, it bogs everything down.

So, confidence is extremely attractive for me.

To get on a less personal level, a decent body ain't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquadon View Post
    True. I mean I'm not going to say that looks don't factor into what I like (on some base or another, most of us are shallow people), but looks with nothing else to back it up is almost as bad.

This might be one of the most intelligent posts I've seen on the internet. There are times when I try to think like this, and other times that I completely forget about it (I mean, Vampire Diaries? Seriously?). But thinking like this, even if it's only 2 out of 3 times, is definitely a good way to approach life, and girls you might be attracted to.
    Achievement unlocked
    Don't come off as pretentious with unnecessary long posts.

You see a cute person, but you say how wonderful of a personality they have. It doesn't matter that you actually don't know the person well enough to make generalization about the person personality. Why? Because its easier to just make up good traits about the person based off of the idealized version of that that you created out of your own infatuation.

This really is one of those societal memes that needs to be dialed down a few notches.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_effect
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

Open-mindedness.

Personally, before I even think about romantic relationships, I don't think I am quite an open minded person for friends. D:
    For example, I can be friendly and civil, but once I find out the other person has different interest, I find it difficult to maintain that relationship, haha.
    I don't even know....

I need to think about this once I am on break... need time to think carefully about this matter

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Tall, tanned, red hair, six-pack. Yeah. That
    But if I should remain realistic, I would say looks don't matter. It matters a little, but not that much.
    And a great personality, of course. (And I'll stick with the tall part)

Quote Originally Posted by -Silver- View Post
    Being in love with sweet, funny, giving, beautiful and humble.. pretty much these two girls. Seriously.
    They are two of the most vacuous *****s in existence. I really can't dig you out of any more of your debating holes if you're genuinely serious about admiring those two wastes of semen.

****ing hell we agree.

CBA with a list, but if you're a french brunette you're 3/4 of the way there.

I've always said than people with good personality will be always attractive.
    ALWAYS
    Its just than sometimes, we cant see it.
    The human being will be always looking for perfection, but sadly, perfection doesnt exist
    ~
    Signature made by me

Quote Originally Posted by Aquadon View Post
    Seriously.

Severe genital disfigurement.

[IMG]http://i46.*******.com/34yobpe.gif[/IMG]
    tweet

$$$Money$$$

I am also insainly attracted to guys with Glasses, by some reason

I really don't care as long as she doesn't end every sentence as if she's asking a question? other than that it's all good.

Open-mindedness.
    The human mind can only show a certain degree of open-mindedness, unfortunately. So going by single defition alone, I don't really think that you can get away with saying that.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast