Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: What attracts you to guys/girls?

I like protective, sweet, funny, and romantic guys. Looks matter a little, but it's their personality that truly matters. If a guy has a great personality and is hot, their hotness would only be a bonus. I wouldn't date a guy just because he has a six pack, the guy could be a complete jerk. I don't like guys with a lot of tattoos, guys who smoke, or guys who swear a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    The human mind can only show a certain degree of open-mindedness, unfortunately. So going by single defition alone, I don't really think that you can get away with saying that.
    Did you read below that?
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmuffin123 View Post
    I like girls that are similar to me. Intelligant, funny, and cute looking. I'm single right now and proberally am gonna stay forever cuz I asked a girl out that I liked but she just said I was weird and walked off. And I thought she was the nicest girl I met before that.
    Hahahahaha oh god this is golden

And you guys are totally bullshitting yourselves if you say looks aren't a part of what attracts you.

But in all seriousness, intelligence is a must. Someone who is a good orator and has the ability to cheer people up. Obviously I must find them physically attractive as well.

For me it is important for a girl to have a good personality. Looks are important too, but not the most important. Intelligence is important too, but they don't need to be extremely intelligent, just enough to have an intelligent conversation with. I also like girls that are pretty and "real" more than extremely hot Barbie-like girls. Also, if she plays video games then that’s a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnegross View Post
    Hahahahaha oh god this is golden

And you guys are totally bullshitting yourselves if you say looks aren't a part of what attracts you.
    I thought I was the only one who caught that, I actually laughed out loud at it. The internet never lets me down for a good chuckle.

3DS FC: 0989-1762-1315
    Friend Safari: Normal (Teddiursa, Kecleon, Chansey)
    PM me if you'd like to add me.

Soul Silver Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    I am also insainly attracted to guys with Glasses, by some reason
    That's because equipping glasses adds +15 to adorableness.

My sexuality happens to make me feel attracted to other guys.
    Last edited by If U Seek Amy; 12th April 2012 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostAnime View Post
    Did you read below that?
    I did indeed. It's just that you don't see very many people in the world today who aren't judgemental to some point. Usually those who are non judgemental have became so because of a lack of confidence of some sort. While I am not accusing every single open-minded person of lacking confidence, I am trying to point out that it's very hard to find someone in this state of mind that isn't smothered in attention, if not lacking confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnegross View Post
    But in all seriousness, intelligence is a must. Someone who is a good orator and has the ability to cheer people up.
    Intelligence is attractive in every meaning of the word, but in no way is it a must. Arrogance tends to follow with intelligence in most people.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    (come and play Team Fortress 2 with me!)

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    I have a really hard time believing the people that they are not attracted by appearance at all
    •raises hand•

Of course personality matters to me like everyone else, along with moral character and values that are similar to my own. Intelligence is also something that's a given, along with the ability to think critically and objectively

But honestly, I can't find out any of those traits about a person unless I get to know them. And the only reason why I approach a potential significant other to strike up a conversation is if I'm physically attracted to them. I mean, I'm getting married in October, and if something happened to my wife to leave her disfigured, I would stay with her; but we would not have even started are life altering relationship if I hadn't gone and asked her out. And that would not have happened if I didn't find her attractive when I met her

An Ancient Treasure, a Terrible Price. Take the Risk, Eat the World
    (Final Chapter added 05-15-2014)

-Thanks to PopPrincess_Lyra for the banner above, and Sworn Metalhead for the banner below -

All Hail the Six Kings...
    Chapter One added (12-07-2014)

brains are a big plus, i really like smart guys. but um, yeah, all the usual. personality, etc, etc.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    Ahh, I forgot to say that. Yess, I love glasses.
    Black FC: 5028 7872 0522 (Travis)

My shiny pokemon:

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    Yes. Glasses are cool. Unless it really doesn't fit the person.

Quote Originally Posted by RulerOfUnova View Post
    My sexuality happens to make me feel attracted to other guys.
    Nothing wrong with that at all mate.

Intelligence is attractive in every meaning of the word, but in no way is it a must. Arrogance tends to follow with intelligence in most people.
    I find an arrogance in someone who actually has a right to be easier to deal with than someone who is arrogant because they are oblivious to the fat that they are thick. Also, intelligence tends to lead to social awkwardness in earlier years and it takes a while for that to disappear. To be honest I find the social awkwardness quite cute in itself.

Needs to be a blonde or a brunette, have a nice figure/body, big boobs, doesnt laugh like a man(i hate that when theres a good looking girl then she laughs and she sounds like a man laughing that just turns u off), good looks, and a great personality.(and doesn't mind me playing video games)
    I claim Mewugirom and ultimate Kyurem Credit by BrutakaBlazikin

3ds fc- 2664-2274-9834
    Pokemon White FC-0347-1829-1770

Clans
    KI:U- [в˛κ] born 2 kill
    MK7- [tAF] team AlphaFreeze

Can't wait till Pokémon X and Y

So y'all like people with glasses? I guess I'm even more fabulous~

I've started to notice that showing signs of any positive feelings towards me is a major contributing factor to a crush. It happens when you give women's opinions such authority and have a poor self image that makes you starved for validation. So if you have anything nice to say about me, you've pretty much got my heart in your hand in an instant.

And yeah, I can't say I don't have a preference for pretty things. Not proud of it, but I figure having eyesight as my strongest sense makes that hard to not be a thing.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

has to have a pretty face, good body, and just able to take a joke. can't have a serious girl, i don't like that(especially when i'm always sarcastic xD).and i think a nice smile puts the icing on the cake.
    Black FC: 0905-8396-1651
    Black 2 FC: 0734-2563-1464

LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING POKEMON:
    *UNTRAINED*

HAVE THE FOLLOWING FOR TRADE:
    Adamant + Jolly / Naďve / Naďve + Modest

LEGENDS:
    G1:
    G2:
    G3:
    G4:
    G5:

I did indeed. It's just that you don't see very many people in the world today who aren't judgemental to some point. Usually those who are non judgemental have became so because of a lack of confidence of some sort. While I am not accusing every single open-minded person of lacking confidence, I am trying to point out that it's very hard to find someone in this state of mind that isn't smothered in attention, if not lacking confidence.
    It wouldn't be attractive if most people had it. =)
    Credit to Nuit

Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by mawile_626 View Post
    I find an arrogance in someone who actually has a right to be easier to deal with than someone who is arrogant because they are oblivious to the fat that they are thick.
    It's still unattractive. Even though I'm arrogant myself half the time

Also, intelligence tends to lead to social awkwardness in earlier years and it takes a while for that to disappear. To be honest I find the social awkwardness quite cute in itself.
    You're probably alone on that one. Many people regardless of sexuality and interests turn a blind eye to those with poor social skills, normally because it's hard to tell if the person is either passing off as uninterested, or uninteresting.

It wouldn't be attractive if most people had it. =)
    Good point, sir.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    (come and play Team Fortress 2 with me!)

I'm not going to say that looks don't matter to me, because honestly they do. I mean, I mean, they probably matter to me significantly less than most girls my age, and I am definitely more likely to date an attractive guy, but I wouldn't date a guy purely because he was attractive, but im pretty shallow when it comes to being attracted to unatractive guys :P

I'm not going to say that I flat out "like nerds best" because the majority of the time when I girl says that she doesn't have a full understanding of how guys will take it... I like guys with a nerdy side, hell, it's probably the number one thing I find attractive in a guy, but just saying "I like nerds" is a horrible statement made by girls who take pictures of themselves in 3D glasses and call themselves nerds...

For girls, I'm 100% attracted to girls that aren't Caucasian. If you're Asian or African, I'll be even more attracted to you. I don't know why this is but it's what I enjoy the most. I also love people with humor and intelligence.

For guys, I like them Caucasian, not skinny but not huge either, and they have to have some type of body hair. It's the same thing personality wise with the girls.
    Rolling my eyes forever 😂

Oh, we're actually taking this topic seriously? =P

Personally, what I strive to find is one single quality. A quality that pretty much encompasses sub-qualities everyone admires (including here).

Open-mindedness.

A word so overused and misunderstood. Usually, when we think of open-minded people, we think of a person who has "moderate" views or has no biased leanings towards most things. Some think of it as accepting any new information no matter what. Lastly, some people even think of it as a person who is indecisive on making opinions.

But it's none of those things. Being open-minded is more about the approach rather than the belief, and I have Pesky Persian to thank for that.

What do I mean by this? Over the past few months, I've pretty much learned this secret. It isn't really that important for someone to have the same political or religious ideologies as you. It isn't even important that you both have the same hobbies and interests. It is true that people who share similar activities and beliefs tend to understand each other better, but it simply isn't necessary that they share any of them. What I feel is necessary is that they approach you as a person in an open-minded way.

Being an open-minded person is really about thinking past first base. It's about having the humility to think above your own background and vision. It is recognizing your natural tendencies and challenging them constantly by looking through the world as both "you" and as a neutral observer. It is recognizing that there are hundreds of philosophies and ideologies in everything; even something as simple as waking up in the morning and getting ready for school or work. Regardless of what you do, believe, and value, you can be open-minded by simply approaching the next person and treating their interests, beliefs, and values as valid. It is even more impressive when it is something completely foreign to you.

Someone may not be as big of a gaming nerd as you, but are they interested in seeing what it's like? Do they ask questions about it? Do they try it out? Actually acknowledge and respect your passion for it? Try to learn something from it? Someone may not also be a Christian, but do they still believe in something higher than themselves? Do they recognize the benefits and positive things that come from it? Do they respect and acknowledge what it's done for you personally? Do they understand the idea behind your belief even though both of you do not agree? Do you both see each other past your beliefs..?

People who tend to approach the world and people around them with this attitude likely have sub-qualities everyone wants. Intelligence, honesty, non-judgmental, kindness, flexibility, listening, .. the list goes on. Just about every good quality we want in a mate can easily involve being open-minded in some way.
    You know, it's almost in poor taste to write this up in a thread about attraction, because it's simply not an ideology that should be limited to something you look for in a partner, but something every person everywhere should strive for. I've always been of the same opinion regarding this as you, though I've never been able to (nor attempted to) articulate it so well. Kudos to you, good sir. Kudos. I've tried to always live my life looking through the perspectives of other people, and though I still think that I can do that quite well, bearing those perspectives in mind while I do whatever the hell it is I'm going to do is something I've noticed myself getting worse at over the years. But reading these words here has inspired me. I'm going to redouble my effort in actually trying to live this way again.

Anywho, girls... I dunno, as in every iteration of this thread, I'm going to have to stick with my tried-and-true answer of having a really great sense of humor and being funny as the number one trait. Of course, I like hilarious people in general, especially those who are funnier than me, but eh. If we're going by physical features... ah, hell, I don't know. Saying anything seems really limiting. I guess I'd have to say that in general, I'd go more for a cute face than a hot body, though.

Her eyes and the way she keeps her hair. Can tell alot about a woman by just her hair :P
    3DS FC: 3652-0833-1760

Rock type
    Pokemon: Rhydon, Pupitar, Dwebble

Would really like any shiny, modest misdreavus, HA Carvanha or any other good offers

^ No you can't.

Cool, I inspire people!
    Last edited by GhostAnime; 12th April 2012 at 4:05 PM.
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by MonoclePenguin View Post
    Her eyes and the way she keeps her hair. Can tell alot about a woman by just her hair :P
    Y'all can? Oh gurl, it be a good thang that mama uses weaves.

Things that attract me to guys are blue sapphire clear eyes, jet black hair with curls and most Italian guys like Al Pachino or someone like those. Super sexy!!

My ideal battle ever!

Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast