Page 47 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1492

Thread: What attracts you to guys/girls?

Quote Originally Posted by iFi Salamander View Post
    It is hilarious how only people on the internet think I am an *******. Probably because it is the only place I share my views.
    Still I know most guys I know, and I, don't even want to put up with women if it isn't for a relationship unless they are incredibly laid back. Though my personal problem might be the fact I speak my mind 100% of the time therefore inevitably bring any female I meet to hate me, as opposed to guys who don't care.
    Unless you only talk to girls on the internet....

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    Unless you only talk to girls on the internet....
    Pretty much. Since the only girls my age I even see irl are our servers and all the ones I like aren't single, and all the other ones are pretentious snobs. Besides that all I see are guys and old people.

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

I am saying that when a supermodel is together with unattractive human being, there is a 98% chance that there is an underlying cause, and don't feel the need to recognize the incredibly unlikely chance the like each other because it is so rare it insignificant.
    Grabbing percentages out of your *** is not a statistical analysis in the slightest. You don't know that percentage, and even if you did, you still cannot judge a person because you still don't ultimately know their character.

The same can be said about your other example. Stereotypes exist for a reason, not just for people's petty judgement. I speak exactly what everyone else is thinking but too scared to say because of this absurd sense of political correctness that self righteous people seem to have floating around that prevent you from saying anything about another person without literally being that person yourself.
    "Stereotypes exist for a reason" is not grounds to act on them. The way to approach stereotypes is to recognize that you are and to acknowledge that your feelings and emotions are inherently flawed. This has nothing to do with political correctness. Assuming a person's motive based on superficiality or "past experiences" is flawed thinking no matter how you word it.

It is hilarious how only people on the internet think I am an *******. Probably because it is the only place I share my views.
    Of course. I'm an unpopular guy because I speak my opinion! It can't be because my opinions involve assuming the motive of a person based off looks alone!
    Last edited by GhostAnime; 21st January 2013 at 8:05 PM.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

Pretty much. Since the only girls my age I even see irl are our servers and all the ones I like aren't single, and all the other ones are pretentious snobs. Besides that all I see are guys and old people.
    So we should definitely take your advice because you have extensive knowledge on how successful relationships work.

Grabbing percentages out of your *** is not a statistical analysis in the slightest. You don't know that percentage, and even if you did, you still cannot judge a person because you still don't ultimately know their character.
    I'm sorry, I didn't know I needed to give you a documented statistic as empirical evidence over using common sense. I am sure the millions of fat slobs dating models would love to hear the tales of your altruism.

"Stereotypes exist for a reason" is not grounds to act on them. The way to approach stereotypes is to recognize that you are and to acknowledge that your feelings and emotions are inherently flawed. This has nothing to do with political correctness. Assuming that a person's motive based on superficiality or "past experiences" is flawed thinking no matter how you word it.
    If people didn't act on the basis of theory and probability (taking risks), then nothing would ever get accomplished, because are wasting too much time waiting for impossible confirmation. It is better to ask for forgiveness, than to ask permission.

Of course. I'm an unpopular guy because I speak my opinion! It can't be because my opinions involve assuming the motive of a person based off looks alone!
    It's not as if that makes me any different than any other human being. It's how people treat me, it's how people treat others, and just the way the world works. I just look like the ******* because it didn't go unspoken in this incidence.

So we should definitely take your advice because you have extensive knowledge on how successful relationships work.
    Five guy friends with multiple relationship issues and experience, and seven exes on my own. I'd have to be a literal retard to have no idea what I am talking about after being exposed to all of that.
    Last edited by iFi Salamander; 21st January 2013 at 8:11 PM.

Five guy friends with multiple relationship issues and experience, and seven exes on my own. I'd have to be a literal retard to have no idea what I am talking about after being exposed to all of that.
    So you literally know nothing about successful relationships.

I'm sorry, I didn't know I needed to give you a documented statistic as empirical evidence over using common sense. I am sure the millions of fat slobs dating models would love to hear the tales of your altruism.
    I know by common sense that it's nowhere near 98%. It's not as high as most people think it is. It is not so high that it would be logical to assume that a person is dating someone out of pity; especially considering that you cannot be a single judge of sexual attraction between two people whatsoever. There are too many factors to make yourself a single judge on a single scenario.

If people didn't act on the basis of theory and probability (taking risks), then nothing would ever get accomplished, because are wasting too much time waiting for impossible confirmation. It is better to ask for forgiveness, than to ask permission.
    This makes sense when the probability is well-grounded in a foundation or has undeniable truths. It doesn't work when you're talking about human emotion. Stereo-typically speaking, I should either be dead or in jail, but does that mean you should assume I'm lying if I were to tell you I were black even if the possibility seems as reasonable as assuming pity on a person's behalf? Do you really think making assumptions about human beings is the same as making assumptions about everything else?

Taking risks makes sense when you look at larger numbers of things or making objective decisions about things that are inanimate, but when you're talking about a single person, there is little to no benefit in doing so.

It's how people treat me
    :'(

edit: by the way, even if you found the clear statistical chance that a highly attractive person would date a "lowly" attractive person... who's to say the reason is most likely pity? it could be ANY reason in the world. It could be that they have a different standard of attraction. It could be for money. It could be anything. Singling out pity like that is not common sense in the slightest.
    Last edited by GhostAnime; 21st January 2013 at 8:20 PM.
    Credit to Nuit

Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

So you literally know nothing about successful relationships.
    God, you are predictable it is pathetic. Good thing I had a good argument in case you really did fall to such a sad ad hominem under the basis of:

-The idea that they were unsuccessful, not just a casual breakup.
    -That all of them were my fault and my fault alone.
    -The idea that people can't learn from mistakes.
    -Omission of the first part entirely.

Go away, your name "pesky" is just coming true. You are just reading what you want out of my posts and insulting me for them. Funny, who is the one assuming now?

Stereo-typically speaking, I should either be dead or in jail, but does that mean you should assume I'm lying if I were to tell you I were black even if the possibility seems as reasonable as assuming pity on a person's behalf? Do you really think making assumptions about human beings is the same as making assumptions about everything else?
    Apparently I literally lack the cognitive capability to understand human beings because I am so different than them. Though emotions, like everything else, can only be seen as ones and zeros in my eyes. Which is coincidentally why I am bad at relationships.

I just don't realistically see this happening unless the guy is loaded or pitied.

God, you are predictable it is pathetic. Good thing I had a good argument in case you really did fall to such a sad ad hominem under the basis of:

-The idea that they were unsuccessful, not just a casual breakup.
    -That all of them were my fault and my fault alone.
    -The idea that people can't learn from mistakes.
    -Omission of the first part entirely.

Go away, your name "pesky" is just coming true. You are just reading what you want out of my posts and insulting me for them. Funny, who is the one assuming now?
    If there was a breakup involved, does that not mean the romantic relationship failed in some way?
    I never said it was your fault.
    I never said you didn't learn, although your spiteful tone about women in more than one thread says the only thing you've learned is how to be bitter.
    Having male friends with relationship problems doesn't mean you know anything about how good, healthy relationships work.

Do you think I picked "Pesky" just for the alliteration? ;P

I hope your apparently statement was sarcastic, but if it isn't, at least you admit to lacking a serious understanding of human emotion.
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by GhostAnime View Post
    I know by common sense that it's nowhere near 98%. It's not as high as most people think it is. It is not so high that it would be logical to assume that a person is dating someone out of pity; especially considering that you cannot be a single judge of sexual attraction between two people whatsoever. There are too many factors to make yourself a single judge on a single scenario.

[...]

This makes sense when the probability is well-grounded in a foundation or has undeniable truths. It doesn't work when you're talking about human emotion. Stereo-typically speaking, I should either be dead or in jail, but does that mean you should assume I'm lying if I were to tell you I were black even if the possibility seems as reasonable as assuming pity on a person's behalf? Do you really think making assumptions about human beings is the same as making assumptions about everything else?

Taking risks makes sense when you look at larger numbers of things or making objective decisions about things that are inanimate, but when you're talking about a single person, there is little to no benefit in doing so.

edit: by the way, even if you found the clear statistical chance that a highly attractive person would date a "lowly" attractive person... who's to say the reason is most likely pity? it could be ANY reason in the world. It could be that they have a different standard of attraction. It could be for money. It could be anything. Singling out pity like that is not common sense in the slightest.
    Or, to put this post a bit more concisely:

iFi Salamander, you are committing the fallacy of the single cause in your entire worldview with regards to people and dating and emotion, and that is why you fail.
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

It is hilarious how only people on the internet think I am an *******.
    Probably because it is the only place I share my views.
    How about your views off the internet? Why is it the only place you can show your views?

Five guy friends with multiple relationship issues and experience, and seven exes on my own.
    Can't you express your views to these five guys?

I hope your apparently statement was sarcastic, but if it isn't, at least you admit to lacking a serious understanding of human emotion.
    He said 'literally'. But there are plenty of people who lose this ability on their short-lived mission to try to be tough-acting and all that.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

This might sound weird but I've always been attracted to girls Frekel's and arm hair. (but not to much arm hair)
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    This might sound weird but I've always been attracted to girls Frekel's and arm hair. (but not to much arm hair) :p
    Freckles are a cute feature on anyone. :D
    By arm hair do you mean hair on her forearms or armpit hair? Either way, I'm sure whoever you marry will adore you for it. One less area to spend time shaving, waxing, electrolysising... D:

Not sure if I already mentioned this one, but dimples are lovely as well.
    My fiance and I both have them, and that makes me so happy because they're a dominant trait. The little lady or gentleman we'll have together someday is certain to have them as well. :)
    Last edited by Doux; 23rd January 2013 at 1:07 AM.

Its like fishing. Looks are the bait, gets peoples attention, makes them want to get to know you. But a good personality is the hook, thats what impales people in the face and wont let them leave.
    White: Liquid(Serperior), Steve(Wargle), Kitsune(Zoroark), Bowser(Carracosta), Benisuzume(Volcarona), Yin(Zekrom)
    FC: 2623 2056 1823-Tatyana

Black: Solidus(Samurott), Cell(Reuniclus), Tator(Krookidile), Archie(Archeops), Buckshot(Sawsbuck), Yang(Resiram)
    FC: 1420 6686 1330-Mike

White2: Longpig(Emboar), Lucky(Sh Scolipede), Jimmy(Vanilluxe), Tetsujin(Golurk), Peanut(Jellicent), Rose(Ferrothorn)
    FC: 2237 5012 1360-Kain

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Kain View Post
    Its like fishing. Looks are the bait, gets peoples attention, makes them want to get to know you. But a good personality is the hook, thats what impales people in the face and wont let them leave.
    Perfect analogy! Kudos for thinking of that

...OW. still thats an interesting way to think of it

tall and skinny people are always attractive

Yeah man. Who's ever heard of somebody's mind, actions, or words being the bait?
    Credit to Nuit

Yeah man. Who's ever heard of somebody's mind, actions, or words being the bait?
    You speak of imaginary idealism.

Who said it isn't possible.

I have to admit, K-Pop stars like Hyuna are hot.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

You speak of imaginary idealism.
    It's not imaginary if I and others I know already attempt and understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by ~BrightStarVictory~ View Post
    Who said it isn't possible.
    I just thought it was implied by the person who made the original analogy.
    Credit to Nuit

Personality, interests, looks.

Bad metaphors aside, I don't like this analogy. I admit that we're all shallow to an extent, but I don't think good-looks sway everyone in that way.
    Last.fm | Steam IDNostalgia

It's not imaginary if I and others I know already attempt and understand it.
    I would not be so credulous as to over-exaggerate its importance and genuine prevalence.

Page 47 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast