Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1492

Thread: What attracts you to guys/girls?

oh believe me, GhostAnime isn't exaggerating its importance (for himself, at least)
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

If a boy is really feminine that usually makes me very attached to them whether it be an intimate relationship or just friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by Amish View Post
    If a boy is really feminine that usually makes me very attached to them whether it be an intimate relationship or just friendship.
    I've never quite understood that before. Perhaps just for a friend, but for a partner as well?
    Personally, masculine men are what I go for. In the sense that they're larger and have body hair, but also in the sense of what they enjoy and how they behave.
    But I also love when they are secure in their masculinity enough to do and enjoy things that may not be thought of as being manly or gruff. It's nice when he gardens with me or helps me cook dinner. :)

Well his profile says he's male, so that explains it.

I personally can't stand flamboyant people.

Quote Originally Posted by Doux View Post
    I've never quite understood that before. Perhaps just for a friend, but for a partner as well?
    Personally, masculine men are what I go for. In the sense that they're larger and have body hair, but also in the sense of what they enjoy and how they behave.
    But I also love when they are secure in their masculinity enough to do and enjoy things that may not be thought of as being manly or gruff. It's nice when he gardens with me or helps me cook dinner.
    What's not to understand? Different people are attracted to different things.

To be honest (and I'm not proud of it), skinny girls with big breasts and low self-esteem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Well his profile says he's male, so that explains it.

I personally can't stand flamboyant people.
    Oh, that's silly! That can't be the reason that he likes feminine men. That's just proof that he's a man who likes men.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    What's not to understand? Different people are attracted to different things.
    I understand that part! But I'm interested to see why people are attracted to what they are. I can't understand why everyone likes what they do from my perspective because I only know why I like what I like!

I like muscly guys, with big arses who are generally pretty stupid. Hairy men are nice too as they get a bit older, I just love all types it's so hard to choose!

I like when I guy has curly hair. Not small curls, big curls. Like a curlfro. Either that or long straight hair (Not emo though, gross). Not too long though. Not past the bottom of the shoulder blade Also, not being an idiot (or rude) is nice, yes. I like when a guy is funny. I also like chests. Not huge muscular, just ordinary. I like lean figures too. He must like animals like me and be a ProCap.
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

Cute, artsy girls with weird personalities. Emotional stability and intelligence is a must. I don't care much for specifics on looks but if it's gonna take up space, it might as well be pretty.

artsy girls with weird personalities.
    or

Emotional stability
    Pick one.

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

tits and ***.

err, i mean, a girl with a nice personality. somebody my mom would approve of.

Pick one.
    Here we go.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostAnime View Post
    Here we go.
    I really doubt anyone will with any decent intelligence would overlook the futility it is to challenge me at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by iFi Salamander View Post
    I really doubt anyone will with any decent intelligence would overlook the futility it is to challenge me at this point.

^Me IRL

Seriously. The only reason it's futile to argue with you is because your views are so ass backwards.

^Me IRL

Seriously. The only reason it's futile to argue with you is because your views are so ass backwards.
    The only reason it is futile to argue with me is you are trying to convince a human being with zero faith in mankind to see the world from someone who does.

Though in this case the archetypes I was referencing are pretty paradoxical. Artsy girls are usually seen as fluttery, and inspired. Art in itself is an emotional form, therefore to me in the very least it does not seem realistic to find an artsy girl who also is stoic.

The only reason it is futile to argue with me is you are trying to convince a human being with zero faith in mankind to see the world from someone who does.
    Do you realize how pretentious you sound? Just wondering.

Though in this case the archetypes I was referencing are pretty paradoxical. Artsy girls are usually seen as fluttery, and inspired. Art in itself is an emotional form, therefore to me in the very least it does not seem realistic to find an artsy girl who also is stoic.
    "Emotionally stable" =/= "stoic"

Do you realize how pretentious you sound? Just wondering.
    I walk around work and life notoriously (but jokingly) calling myself god. It isn't like I am explicitly not trying to sound pretentious. Though most people in that know me in person know I am a pretty lax and sociable guy.

"Emotionally stable" =/= "stoic"
    Eh, they are kind of two sides of the same coin.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stoic?s=t

Dipping any farther into that would just be arguing semantics as some straw you are trying to grasp at which also seems pretty futile.

I walk around work and life notoriously (but jokingly) calling myself god. It isn't like I am explicitly not trying to sound pretentious. Though most people in that know me in person know I am a pretty lax and sociable guy.
    Oh, yeah, your talk of your personal life really seems lax and sociable.

Eh, they are kind of two sides of the same coin.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stoic?s=t

Dipping any farther into that would just be arguing semantics as some straw you are trying to grasp at which also seems pretty futile.
    It's not grasping at straws at all. The whole idea of stoicism is not showing any emotion at all. One can be emotionally stable, yet still show emotion. Furthermore, someone who expresses their emotions via an artistic medium are not necessarily emotionally unstable. Art is good therapy after all.

must be able to recite the B/W national dex in ORDER

Oh, yeah, your talk of your personal life really seems lax and sociable.

It's not grasping at straws at all. The whole idea of stoicism is not showing any emotion at all. One can be emotionally stable, yet still show emotion. Furthermore, someone who expresses their emotions via an artistic medium are not necessarily emotionally unstable. Art is good therapy after all.
    I was an Illustration major for a year. I spent 30 hours of my week around a large group of artsy females. I know exactly how they act, and they weren't exactly what I'd call stable.

Now I am not going to say they are break down and cry, but they definitely weren't thick skinned people, though they did develop it over time because of objective critiques and what not.

My case still rests that his specifications were pretty picky, and won't be an easy task to adhere to.

I was an Illustration major for a year. I spent 30 hours of my week around a large group of artsy females. I know exactly how they act, and they weren't exactly what I'd call stable.

Now I am not going to say they are break down and cry, but they definitely weren't thick skinned people, though they did develop it over time because of objective critiques and what not.

My case still rests that his specifications were pretty picky, and won't be an easy task to adhere to.
    Anecdotal evidence ahoy! One of my best friends of 12 years is an artist. I've met plenty of her artsy friends and have had plenty of artsy friends myself (at least one of whom is literally a stoic). That doesn't mean I act like I know how every artistic person acts.

There are plenty of people who have posted in this thread who have had lists of "picky" specifications. It's just an idea of what someone finds attractive, not the end-all-be-all of the only kind of person they'll date.

Anecdotal evidence ahoy! One of my best friends of 12 years is an artist. I've met plenty of her artsy friends and have had plenty of artsy friends myself (at least one of whom is literally a stoic). That doesn't mean I act like I know how every artistic person acts.

There are plenty of people who have posted in this thread who have had lists of "picky" specifications. It's just an idea of what someone finds attractive, not the end-all-be-all of the only kind of person they'll date.
    You should know by now I don't seriously believe all human beings could fall into any guideline, that would mean I am blatantly wrong. I can however sift through the most realistic outcome and live my life, and give my life lessons based on those outcomes. After all with human beings it is all about probability.

Which again just exacerbates my point. In the end he probably is going to settle for one or the other.

Why did you use the word stoic? What's that have to do with emotional stability?
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

You should know by now I don't seriously believe all human beings could fall into any guideline, that would mean I am blatantly wrong. I can however sift through the most realistic outcome and live my life, and give my life lessons based on those outcomes. After all with human beings it is all about probability.
    You do give such wonderful advice. Do tell us more.

Which again just exacerbates my point. In the end he probably is going to settle for one or the other.
    Or he might find both. Or he might go with neither.

Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast