Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: What attracts you to guys/girls?

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    You're probably alone on that one. Many people regardless of sexuality and interests turn a blind eye to those with poor social skills, normally because it's hard to tell if the person is either passing off as uninterested, or uninteresting.
    Okay maybe I worded that wrong, read socially awkward as timid, so just uncomfortable in some social situations. I just want to look after them. Again, i might be alone on that but oh well.

A social, smart, and beautiful girl is ideal. Lucky for me there are several of those in both my schools.
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I used to liek mudkipz, then I took an arrow in the knee. However the arrow turned out to be a seaking. It yelled "F*** yeah" so I screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!". The seaking's face became that of a troll while mine became forever alone. The situation was super effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Romain View Post
    Y'all can? Oh gurl, it be a good thang that mama uses weaves.
    Joke all you want, but personal self does alot for info
    3DS FC: 3652-0833-1760

Rock type
    Pokemon: Rhydon, Pupitar, Dwebble

Would really like any shiny, modest misdreavus, HA Carvanha or any other good offers

Although I can initially be attracted by looks it takes a certain personality for me to maintain interest. I like people who are smart and empathetic with a sense of ethics similar to my own.

Looks, humour, spontaneity, fun, and loyal.

I've moved on from my horrible racial fetish and find more of the girl's personality to be attractive. Another thing I rule in that is equal to personality (IMO) is health. 'Do they take care of their body (as in weight) and face (do they share my loathing for facial acne)?' is one of the questions that I rule in.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    I've moved on from my horrible racial fetish and find more of the girl's personality to be attractive. Another thing I rule in that is equal to personality (IMO) is health. 'Do they take care of their body (as in weight) and face (do they share my loathing for facial acne)?' is one of the questions that I rule in.
    Seems like you're going from one form of shallowness to another.

Quote Originally Posted by MissDigitalis View Post
    Seems like you're going from one form of shallowness to another.
    Seems a little less shallow, I mean some people are more prone to acne, but for the most part it'd be a good gauge for hiegine. Also i've wondered with race, does not wanting to date a certain race make you racist? For instance say i don't want to date someone with ginger hair, i still look at them equally they just have a certain feature i find unattractive - does the same apply with race?

Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    Seems a little less shallow, I mean some people are more prone to acne, but for the most part it'd be a good gauge for hiegine.
    I'm pretty sure that the hygiene thing is a myth when it comes to acne. I think it's mostly due to hormonal changes and such. I also notice that he made no mention of character whatsoever.
    Also i've wondered with race, does not wanting to date a certain race make you racist? For instance say i don't want to date someone with ginger hair, i still look at them equally they just have a certain feature i find unattractive - does the same apply with race?
    I think it's slightly racist.

I'm pretty sure that the hygiene thing is a myth when it comes to acne. I think it's mostly due to hormonal changes and such. I also notice that he made no mention of character whatsoever.
    A myth? No obviously someone who washes there face regularly vs someone who doesn't is gonna have less acne

I think it's slightly racist.
    care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    A myth? No obviously someone who washes there face regularly vs someone who doesn't is gonna have less acne
    Eh, well from my experience it's not true anyway. I can't say over all. I used to shower twice a day and still had horrible acne as a teen but now as an adult I only shower every other day and don't have pimples at all.

care to elaborate?
    Well it could just be a fetish you have for blondes or whatever but if you said "I won't date blacks/gingers/etc just because of their appearance regardless of their personality" it'd be shallow at least but it does come off as slightly racist to me. I'm sure others would disagree though.

I find Caucasian to be the most attractive look. Preferably blond and not really annoying. I know one of those and then I remember that I spend most of my time playing Pokemon or Jazz guitar.
    3DS Friend Code: 3780-9421-5420

Well it could just be a fetish you have for blondes or whatever but if you said "I won't date blacks/gingers/etc just because of their appearance regardless of their personality" it'd be shallow at least but it does come off as slightly racist to me. I'm sure others would disagree though.
    Hahahahahahaha. Yeah. Racism.

Next you'll tell me I hate all fat people if I don't want to date a fat woman. Or any quality that I have a tendency to avoid meaning that I express a hatred for that specific quality. Because that's what the extremity of racism implies. Hatred.

My god, you people.
    Next.
    Last edited by Magnegross; 13th April 2012 at 4:57 AM. Reason: grammatical error

Quote Originally Posted by Magnegross View Post
    Hahahahahahaha. Yeah. Racism.

Next you'll tell me I hate all fat people if I don't want to date a fat woman. Or any quality that I have a tendency to avoid meaning that I express a hatred for that specific quality. Because that's what the extremity of racism implies. Hatred.

My god, you people.
    Next.
    I have to say I think there's a pretty big difference between having preferences and outright saying "I would never date a ____ person." If you say you have a preference for women with a certain shape, that's not speaking in absolutes. If you say you would never date a "fat woman" I think you do in fact have prejudiced attitudes at the very least towards fat women. (Replace "fat woman" with whatever shallow characteristic you'd like.) Whether or not you admit to said prejudiced attitudes is irrelevant. Maybe "hatred" might be a strong word to use. I don't know. But I do think if someone says they'd never date a certain type of person, they clearly have a negative attitude toward that kind of person.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    I have to say I think there's a pretty big difference between having preferences and outright saying "I would never date a ____ person." If you say you have a preference for women with a certain shape, that's not speaking in absolutes. If you say you would never date a "fat woman" I think you do in fact have prejudiced attitudes at the very least towards fat women. (Replace "fat woman" with whatever shallow characteristic you'd like.) Whether or not you admit to said prejudiced attitudes is irrelevant. Maybe "hatred" might be a strong word to use. I don't know. But I do think if someone says they'd never date a certain type of person, they clearly have a negative attitude toward that kind of person.
    I feel as if I have an imaginary list of formal and informal criteria for a potential date/life partner, but if I were to talk weight for example, as long as they are not too out of shape to do anything, it would be low on my agenda. I care more about someone who would accept me as I would accept them.

I see what the gist of what you are talking about though.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    Shallow, yes. Racist? Doubtful unless you've expressed racism outwardly in the past and admit to it.

But I know what you mean. "I wouldn't date a fat/black/white/ginger/stupid etc. person" is obviously not the same thing as "I find ' ' features unattractive, but I will date them if I am otherwise attracted to them".

Shallow is really just a broad form of racism. A rose by any other name would be as full as much ****.

Edit: And racism doesn't just mean acting like Hitler or a skinhead. If you discriminate a person solely because race when it has nothing to do with their personality, I consider that racist under any circumstances.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    Yes. Glasses are cool. Unless it really doesn't fit the person.
    Glasses, my friend. Fit anyone

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    You just seem all around shallow.

The racial fetish wasn't even that bad. Then you lead into say "health" and I was like, okay, that's respectable. Then, however, you followed up with "'Do they take care of their body (as in weight) and face (do they share my loathing for facial acne)?'" and it just went straight back to shallowness.

I agree that health and hygiene are very important, but weight and acne are two things that have far too many variables to simply attack like that. Yes, health is a big factor - but hereditary traits and hormones have just as much to do with weight and acne as personal health and hygiene.

Example: I am a Nazi in terms or washing my face and keeping clean, but due to my 19 year-old, male hormones, acne still comes and strikes me more often than I'd like.

I'm actually underweight, myself, but some people who are overweight have a hard time to lose weight due to genetics.

Also, the following arguments with regard to this aren't very secure, either.

3DS FC: 0989-1762-1315
    Friend Safari: Normal (Teddiursa, Kecleon, Chansey)
    PM me if you'd like to add me.

Soul Silver Team:

^ Just a curious question.. race wasn't that bad, but acne and weight, which are more controllable, are? <_<
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostAnime View Post
    Shallow is really just a broad form of racism. A rose by any other name would be as full as much ****.

Edit: And racism doesn't just mean acting like Hitler or a skinhead. If you discriminate a person solely because race when it has nothing to do with their personality, I consider that racist under any circumstances.
    Quick Question. A friend of mine (white male) sleeps solely with black women. Does that make him racist?

Quote Originally Posted by mawile_626 View Post
    Quick Question. A friend of mine (white male) sleeps solely with black women. Does that make him racist?
    He got jungle fevah.

I had it for a while, it's normal(not racist).
    "He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
    Gandalf to Saruman

Quote Originally Posted by Zevn View Post
    He got jungle fevah.

I had it for a while, it's normal.
    I know. He got mugged and lost it. I was trying to ascertain how GhostAnime viewed this considering the last posts

What I find attractive in girls? The same personality as me,someone who I could relate to,and being innocuous.
    Nintendo Gamer since 1999.

It's hard to define, the best way I can describe it is "girls who simply attract me". I don't hang around with a list of traits I like in a girl and keep checking them everytime I cross paths with a girl. Independently of looks or personality, they either attract me or not, or either I learn to like them or not - there's just no label to me.

What's that? What'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthat what'sthatwhat'sthat?

AS: Sceptile, Sableye, Flygon (?), Relicanth, Muk, Girafarig

Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast