Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Black2/White2 Pokemon Special Speculation Thread

Default Black2/White2 Pokemon Special Speculation Thread

Might as well separate this from other threads so that you guys wouldn't have to use spoilers.

Well as you all saw, there is some more info on B2 and W2.

While I know that more game info should show up soon within these next few months up until it's release, I suppose now is just as good a time as ever to start speculating on a possible future Black 2 and White 2arc for Pokemon Special.

Will the story follow the game canon of taking place 2 years after the events of the first two games or will Kusaka and Yamamoto take liberties with this time jump?

What will be the names of the new protagonist, seeing as the games don't really have significant name change?

What of the new rival? What will be his name? (I doubt it will be Gray since there aren't any games with that title, but I could imagine Kusaka naming him that anyway.)

So much to speculate about.
    I'm kinda hoping that Kusaka will take liberties with that possible arc, but I'll wait before I make a final thought on the matter.

Speculate away you guys.
    BUNP

Quote Originally Posted by Me...
    Yeah I can definitely see Black and White dressing in the clothes of the new player characters... I can imagine there'll be a B2/W2 saga after this current one.

And wait a minute, wait a minute....

Since there's an unnamed rival............ does this mean we have a Gray in this manga after all? O__O An exclusive Gray...
    Game Freak could still use Gray/Grey as a name for a future gen game, but... I dunno...

I'm also speculating that there will be a two-year timeskip, but only after this saga.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Ahh finally you came back after a long time.

Alright let me put it in this way. The first thing is the character of the antagonist because I think they add new antagonist replacing N and new team
    The character of the antagonist is someone who is very lonely and never met pokemon before(180 degrees of N's). She(yes she is a girl) just use pokemon as a tool and never have a caring heart to pokemon. (This is only a speculation)
    Credit for Spockisnotimpressed's Tumblr

If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

I wonder how they are gonna lead up into B2W2 arc though.
    I'd imagine that if it takes place 2 years after the events in BW, then I guess that also means that the plot for BW itself probably won't be that affected by stuff for B2W2. Who knows. :c

EDIT: @FakePsychic: ...to tell you the truth, I would just rather see Ghetsis as the main villain in B2W2. Maybe N will be mentioned at times, but the way BW ended (game wise) left the ending itself open ended, especially since Ghetsis was the only sage who was not caught and the Shadow Triad is still on the loose.

(holy crap, I just realized. Since there is a new Water type Gym Leader, that may mean one of the current Gym Leaders might be replaced. If that Shadow Triad/Striaton Brothers theory is true, then perhaps it's Striaton City that gets a new gym leader while Cilan, Chili and Cress go off to follow Ghetsis. )
    Last edited by chamo-chan; 12th April 2012 at 7:26 AM.
    BUNP

Quote Originally Posted by Fake Psychic View Post
    Ahh finally you came back after a long time.

Alright let me put it in this way. The first thing is the character of the antagonist because I think they add new antagonist replacing N and new team
    The character of the antagonist is someone who is very lonely and never met pokemon before(180 degrees of N's). She(yes she is a girl) just use pokemon as a tool and never have a caring heart to pokemon. (This is only a speculation)
    But is kinda pointless to create a new character altogether when they have 3 to choose from already.
    I could see Kusaka naming them in a Gray-esque way.

I would really like to see Kusaka and Yamamoto give unique names to these new protags. I mean, other Pokemon mangas have done that frequently, so I kinda want to see Kusaka and Yamamoto give a cracka at it.
    BUNP

Quote Originally Posted by chamo-chan View Post
    FakePsychic: ...to tell you the truth, I would just rather see Ghetsis as the main villain in B2W2. Maybe N will be mentioned at times, but the way BW ended (game wise) left the ending itself open ended, especially since Ghetsis was the only sage who was not caught and the Shadow Triad is still on the loose.

(holy crap, I just realized. Since there is a new Water type Gym Leader, that may mean one of the current Gym Leaders might be replaced. If that Shadow Triad/Striaton Brothers theory is true, then perhaps it's Striaton City that gets a new gym leader while Cilan, Chili and Cress go off to follow Ghetsis. )
    Ohh, that theory is kinda more than 1 month old I think. Let's just hope it is coming true. But maybe Ghetesis have kinda new plan to make new evil team

Quote Originally Posted by Beat! View Post
    But is kinda pointless to create a new character altogether when they have 3 to choose from already.
    I could see Kusaka naming them in a Gray-esque way.
    It's just my Imagination after all
    Last edited by Ludger; 12th April 2012 at 10:04 AM.
    Credit for Spockisnotimpressed's Tumblr

If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

Quote Originally Posted by Fake Psychic View Post
    Ohh, that theory is kinda more than 1 month old I think. Let's just hope it is coming true. But maybe Ghetesis have kinda new plan to make new evil team
    This is the first time I hear about this theory, because I live under a rock. But it kind of makes sense.

Guys, don't forget our male and female main character.

I did not hope that they are Black and White dress.

Unlike Lyra and Kris, they(L&K) at least have the same characteristics.

Especially when Hilbert and Hilda may occur in BW2.

We will increase the three main characters (maybe dex holder......Oh, nearly 20 dex holder), one may be named Gray and the other two named unknown, and they are main characters in Unova......

Then our Cheren and Bianca will continue to hover at the edge.

I feel Kusaka get a headache......

I predict that the naming tradition will still be followed: The protagonist will be name Black2 and White2. Literally. They so gonna have parental issues.

Damn! I just realized!

Since this is a sequel, that means the BW2 chapter will have to run with the current one as well!

Nooooo......

The new game information really brought some interesting stuff to the table. Honestly, I wouldn't like if Black and White starts using the new player characters' outfit. I want the new kids to be their own thing here.

Anyway, I wonder how Kusada is going to handle the time skip. I mean, he already have a running arc. Will he give it a closure and "time skip" or will he attempt to keep going with the arc while doing the time skip.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Phoenix View Post
    The new game information really brought some interesting stuff to the table. Honestly, I wouldn't like if Black and White starts using the new player characters' outfit. I want the new kids to be their own thing here.

Anyway, I wonder how Kusada is going to handle the time skip. I mean, he already have a running arc. Will he give it a closure and "time skip" or will he attempt to keep going with the arc while doing the time skip.
    But if they are new characters, what will be their names?

They can't just make up something. The name Gray isn't used in the new games.

These updates are just one big mess as far as the manga's concerned. I can only imagine that something bad happens at the end of BW, something similar to the Lake of Rage incident, that creates a need for two new heroes, which would also help fill the dex-holder gap that Bianca and Cheren couldnt fill. Maybe some of the gym leaders got involved in this terrible incident too, creating a need for some new gym leaders, and if B2W2 introduces 8 new gym leaders completely, then maybe we can just assume that something goes wrong with N's Castle and everyone in it "disappears" for 2 years. It could even be similar to the Yellow arc where the previous hero leaves to battle someone, in this case N, but fails to return. If this wasn't the case, itd be hard to explain why these newly introduced gym leaders werent helping in the fight at the museum, although Drayden wasnt there either. The new characters can just become new outfits for the current protagonists, but it wouldnt explain the new rival at all.

Made by aclover
    Brawl FC: 3136-6444-1040
    pm me if interested

Crazy theory time has come at last. I'm actually most interested in the starter line up of Tepig, Oshawott, and Snivy. Who will get what? As far as Black2 and White2 go, I'll be honest I'm not crazy about White2 aka the girl, she looks very generic, but Black2 on the other hand looks quite nice. This is the first time in awhile I think the boy looks better then the girl. I know who I'll play as my first playthrough without the need of a coin, but that's a topic for another thread. As for as how this effect PokeSpecial, we could either have what the person above me said and have a Lake of Rage incident where Black&White2 take over for a bit, there's also the possibility of a FRLG situation happening or this could very well just be a sequel. Only time will tell but things are about to get interesting around here. I hope they do the time skip. PokeSpecial/Adventures has always been loyal to following time so I hope the continue here.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

We did that plot multiple times already.

Can we have some variety?

I imagine that Black and White might get design changes to fit the new characters. Either that, or completely new characters.

We have three new characters and no colors, minerals, or metals to give them

Either the rival gets an original name and White and Black become these two, or we're gonna have a problem regarding names.

If Black and White 2 means there will not be a third version of Grey (obviously) then the rival will have to have a original name because there is no way around it. Or we could just have a lot of Wally's running around.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    If Black and White 2 means there will not be a third version of Grey (obviously) then the rival will have to have a original name because there is no way around it. Or we could just have a lot of Wally's running around.
    We already have Cheren and Bianca I really can't swallow the idea of Black and White getting redresses. But it does seem like we have few other options at this point. But it'd just be really irksome if you could battle them in game, then it'd be like Red having redressed in Gold's clothes.

Quick inquiry. We haven't seen any old characters yet. What if Hilbert/Hilda reappear with outfit changes? o.o

And on another note, the screenie of the main boy battling the rival names then Black2 and Rival. So it's not completely the out of the scope of believablity that they could be turned into names.

It does say that... but.............. I still don't see Kusaka making new characters when there are already two with both similar names and simlar looks. The new ones look like the B/W protagonists with a veeeeey different type of fashion sense... and different eyes.... the former being excused by the two-year timeskip I think'll happen in the manga.

Even if Hilda and Hilbert appear in B2/W2 (and they might, in imitation of G/S/C)... I feel like that lack of interaction between Black, White, and the two new protagonist characters in this manga would be a small price to pay for making it easier to write the manga (by using less characters).

..... I still think Gray/Grey is the most likely name for the rival (as another "easy way out" thing), although like I said, Game Freak can call a future main game (I don't mean in this generation) "Gray" because... they haven't used it so far. Doesn't mean Game Freak has to... and I think it's a low chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Phoenix
    Oh no... VIZ!!!

Even without the B/W saga booklets being released by VIZ, I hope the first B2/W2 chapters aren't released in June, the same months as the games. The first chapters published for the B/W saga were published in the Pokemon Fan issue that came out the same day as the games Pokemon B/W. The D/P saga started in the magazines a couple of months after the games were released in Japan. I believe Platinum was as well. I think Hg/Ss was the same.

Due to the graphic novel releases. I'm hoping that 2013, especially, is a graphic novel speed-up year in Japan (assuming there aren't many magazine-to-graphic-novel changes for the B/W saga chapters already released). Then again it wouldn't be too hard to increase the rate of Adventures graphic novels released in 2011. =D
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

While I kind of want new characters to the story, it would be pretty amazing to have 16-year-old Black and White to be the stars of the new arc and rock new clothes. But even if they weren't the main characters I don't think they wouldn't make an appearance in Adventures, since they are still from the same reagion. It would be awful and not like Kusaka and Yamamoto at all.

But it really is a problem that we don't have enough names. It would be bad if the new guys were called Black2 and White2. While colors and minerals can be names without problem, I don't believe anyone would accept a number in their name, not even in Pokémon. Ok well, if your father is a scientist and he clones you after you passed on then it's completely possible, since that has actually happened. But that wouldn't be like Adventures at all.

I think the finale of BW arc leads to the situation of BW2 and then they try to fix it in the new arc. Now I'm really excited of how the BW arc will end.

judging by the scans I think the gyms that are gonna be replaced are the first 2 the trio and Lenora's one..

Back to topic..

It would be silly to see black and white dress up like that :P but it would also give kusaka and yamamoto fewer problems in making new names and more characters...

im also curious on what might happen to both black and white XD after the two year timeskip in BW2's arc :P

I'd rather see the rival/N/new character be the focus of the b/w2 arc and black and white get new clothes as supporting characters. Adding new protagonists would be too much. Like people have been saying, it depends if hilbert/hilda are in the game like red in gsc, but it would be the easiest less confusing way to go. It sorta works out too that if the rival gets oshawott, then there would be two sets of starters

Tepig- Black and White/N
    Snivy White and Cheren
    Oshawott- Rival and Bianca

As for the story a rescue arc would be interesting with the rival going to save black and white/ gym leaders/elite four from the ice/Team Plasma but it would be even more interesting to me if the rivals goal was to go beat black, similar to black's goal to win the championship.

They could go with the Yellow Arc route, so they can link the current BW story with the new one. A character (say Adeku or Black) meets the new characters in the current story and gives some sort of advice to the new children that makes them want to have their own adventures. I do agree, though, that the story could benefit from Kusaka taking liberties with the plot.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast