Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Black2/White2 Pokemon Special Speculation Thread

Aren't there news about this saga?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronflex View Post
    Aren't there news about this saga?
    Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Not at all.
    Isn't it a bit odd? I mean, it's about X-Y time and we haven't BW2 chapters out yet, nor infos.

Isn't it a bit odd? I mean, it's about X-Y time and we haven't BW2 chapters out yet, nor infos.
    Due XY is the first versions in 6 Gen, we will have a great chance to get it to synchronize with the games.

The XY games aren't even out, if Kusaka were to start with the XY then he'd spoil the games.

We still have six months...

And plus, despite Kusaka's amazing ability to predict the future, he still doesn't know more about the new games than we do. Maybe the anime producers do, but not Kusaka.
    Last edited by Macromind101; 9th April 2013 at 5:09 PM.

It's weird that we have nothing on BW2's chapters yet. I mean, I wish I cared enough, I'd rather just go to the XY chapters to be honest, but I'm sure BW2 will have important stuff in it so we can't skip it. It feels like BW2 in general was filler, not just for Adventures but the games as well. I'm not saying it's bad, it just wasn't as a big of deal then maybe it should have been considering it's the first game title named for a sequel, but I'm not complaining, I'm so ready for XY aka gen 6. Still I wonder what BW2's chapter will be about.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Might as well revive this thread, since BW is over and B2W2 is coming up next month.

Does anyone think Hugh might take on the new gym leaders of B2W2 which are Cheren, Roxie and Marlon? Kusaka would probably want to show off the new Unova badges (well not in Cheren's case I guess since he still uses the Basic Badge) so most likely someone would have to be shown battling the new gym leaders. Black may do that but he already got the needed eight badges and he already won the league so there isn't really any reason for him to go for more badges. I would think Hugh's sole goal would be to defeat Team Plasma rather than battle gym leaders, though. However, there may be reason for him to battle Cheren because Cheren was under the influence of Team Plasma at one point which would probably make Hugh abandon rationality and just go all out on Cheren. And who knows, he just might go delusional and come up with reasons why Roxie and Marlon might be affiliated with Team Plasma. Idk, just throwing out random theories. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Might as well revive this thread, since BW is over and B2W2 is coming up next month.

Does anyone think Hugh might take on the new gym leaders of B2W2 which are Cheren, Roxie and Marlon? Kusaka would probably want to show off the new Unova badges (well not in Cheren's case I guess since he still uses the Basic Badge) so most likely someone would have to be shown battling the new gym leaders. Black may do that but he already got the needed eight badges and he already won the league so there isn't really any reason for him to go for more badges. I would think Hugh's sole goal would be to defeat Team Plasma rather than battle gym leaders, though. However, there may be reason for him to battle Cheren because Cheren was under the influence of Team Plasma at one point which would probably make Hugh abandon rationality and just go all out on Cheren. And who knows, he just might go delusional and come up with reasons why Roxie and Marlon might be affiliated with Team Plasma. Idk, just throwing out random theories. :P
    If Hugh challenge the new gym leaders, we need to have "two protagonists" accompanied (or simultaneous display). Otherwise he will be the protagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    If Hugh challenge the new gym leaders, we need to have "two protagonists" accompanied (or simultaneous display). Otherwise he will be the protagonist.
    Yes that probably will happen. The prologue was about Hugh and something tells me that Nate and Rosa (who will probably be Black and White in new clothes) will just be supporting characters.

I don't think Kusaka will make BW2 arc another beat the gymleaders and the evil organization arc. Hugh is just going to focus on traveling to train his Pokemon and to get strong enough to get revenge on team Plasma. He could encounter some gymleaders with troubles, like what happened in the games and maybe Iris could be a substitute champion, because Black went on a journey to find White.

Yes that probably will happen. The prologue was about Hugh and something tells me that Nate and Rosa (who will probably be Black and White in new clothes) will just be supporting characters.
    Black will most likely be missing during most of BW2 just like the games. And what we have of the BW ending has no sign of White. She might be missing during it too. I think Cheren and Bianca could be the supporting characters.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Black will most likely be missing during most of BW2 just like the games. And what we have of the BW ending has no sign of White. She might be missing during it too. I think Cheren and Bianca could be the supporting characters.
    You're speaking too soon. We still have one more magazine chapter of BW yet to be released (not the last chapter but rather the chapter before the "last" one Michael made a thread about a few days ago). And the volumes will most likely tack on a few more rounds to give BW a proper ending. Ghetsis really needs to have a proper defeat. I mean c'mon, when's the last time the magazines had the complete ending that the volumes had? From what I know, Kusaka has been juggling either two or three arcs on his hands since 2005, when he was working on RS, FRLG and Emerald at the same time. And he abruptly cut short the ending of the arcs since, as far as I know and I'm pretty sure he did that earlier, Emerald. Just wait until the BW volumes end before we call that chapter released a few days ago an "ending".

Ghetsis doesn't need a proper defeat in BW, he get's that in the BW2 arc. So it's still tolerable that he was able to beat Black or end up in a draw. Not sure which one of those it was.

So, for some time I mentioned the cloning theory, but I never mentioned what I think about it or how I think it should be dealt with. What I'll post is slightly different of what I wanted to post some months before.

First of all, Achroma (Colress). In the games, he mentions some things about humans bringing out the hidden potential in Pokémon. So, Black succesfully defeated Team Plasma, thus Achroma would think he's a Trainer able to bring out the hidden potential in Pokémon, as such, he, believing such an ability could be genetic, would clone Black and White (not sure for what reason White could be cloned) and make the clones members of Team Plasma, and use them for their goals. Then Cheren finds out about the "Project B2 W2" and invades Team Plasma's HQ, then frees the clones, escapes with them, and takes then to Hiōgi (Aspertia) to hide them.
    He then uses an Ohbem (Beheeyem) to give them fake memories and tamper with the memories of everyone in town to make it seem like they were always there, or just pulls a John Doe and Kyle XY and goes like "I found two amnesiac naked teenagers lying unconscious on the forest". He then names them "Kyōhei" and "Mei" after the word resonance (Kyōmei) because, dunno, he heard something about Kyurem, or some other reason.
    About the Ohbem part, he could also erase Team Plasma's memories about the project but has to leave before he could destroy all files about the project (thus leaving a way for Team plasma to know about them) and all the security cam tapes that showed his invasion, but this would leave an empty room with two empty cloning pods or whatever you call those cylinders of glass you see on movies that Team Plasma would be wondering about before they could find the remaining records of the project.

With or without Ohbem, Cheren would be the only one knowing about their origins, and would be their protector/guardian/whatever, and they would want to challenge the League (like Black) or the World Tournament, but Cheren is against them leaving with the excuse that "it's too dangerous". They (or just one of them) challenge Cheren for a battle to prove their strength, and then win the Badge. Cheren decides to allow them to travel, but gives them Badges with a tracking device so that he would always know where they are.
    This would be a cool idea, as it would have a spy feel to it, and Cheren wanting to protect the clones would be his way to redeem himself from affiliating with Plasma.

And if this happens, I want a scene where White meets Cheren and the two clones, notices their resemblance to herself and Black, and asks who they are, and just have Cheren, in a mysterious and suspicious tone, respond "They are Kyōhei and Mei".

But seriously, I'm ready to accept the cloning not happening. I also think the Dark Trinity (Shadow Triad) are clones of the San'yō (Striaton) brothers. There must be a reason for why they look so similar and have similar behavior (same manneirisms, same type preferences for Pokémon). Not to mention, that the scene where they insult the brothers calling them weaklings would become them bashing their originals as "imperfect" beings or something like that.

Another theory I had, is that White 2 is White's cousin and has the same name as her (because, dunno, her parents couldn't think of anything else and copied from their niece), and due to being two years younger and having the same name, White nicknamed her "White 2". Part of her development would be about not being a cheap copy of her cousin.

About the World Tournament, does anyone think we'll see characters from spin-off games there? Kusaka already put Tōru (Todd Snap) in the Emerald arc, so I think he would put other spin-off characters in the manga if he wanted. I would like to see the Colosseu cast participating in the Tournament.
    Last edited by G-SANtos; 24th June 2013 at 12:54 AM.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

What I am looking forward to in the B2W2 chapter is the big battle between the old Plasma grunts and the new Plasma grunts, led by the respective sages, Rood and Zinzolin. I really liked the scene in the games; the only thing about it that I didn't like was how Zinzolin wasn't there to lead the new Plasma grunt army. I hope that scene will be incorporated into the manga and transform into a big, drastic and memorable scene. Similar to the Nimbi vs. Skellobit scene, if any of you guys played Super Paper Mario.

So, does anyone think the cloning theory could work the way I mentioned, should it ever be implemented? And does anyone else think the Dark Trinity may be clones of San'yō brothers?

As an alternate to the "White's cheap copy cousin" theory, maybe we could have Whitetwo being White's younger sister. Many Japanese names have numbers, and I think they are, or were, used to count the nunber of children, and this is sometimes used in fiction, like the Yamura siblings in Bokurano, who have the numbers from one to four in their names, and the twins Kōichi and Kōji in Digimon Frontier. With that in mind, Kusaka could addapt this to the PokéSpe world by having White have a sister named Whitetwo. If White is a pretty normal name there, why not also have Whitetwo? And besides, we don't know anything about White's family, do we?
    This, however, wouldn't work for Blacktwo, as the BW2 protagonist lives in Hiōgi (Aspertia), and I'm pretty sure that if Black had any siblings, we would have seen them in any of his flashbacks. I still see the possibility of at least Black being cloned, but I admit it's also possible to have Blacktwo pass off as a coincident doppleganger, despite it wasting the plot potential for Cheren being the protector of the clones.

Again, does anyone expect the appearance of protagonists from the spin-off games such as the Colosseum and/or XD cast? If Tōru (Todd Snap) could appear in the Emerald arc, then anyone can appear here, or at any arc for that matter, maybe even Satoshi (Ash Ketchum), despite him not having any place in the PokéSpe world.

And does anyone think at least one of the main characters will have some of N's released Pokémon? They are catchable in the game, so I think it could be possible.
    Last edited by G-SANtos; 24th June 2013 at 2:55 AM.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

I was hoping that Black would get Zorua since I don't like him having Reshiram, but that seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    As an alternate to the "White's cheap copy cousin" theory, maybe we could have Whitetwo being White's younger sister. Many Japanese names have numbers, and I think they are, or were, used to count the nunber of children, and this is sometimes used in fiction, like the Yamura siblings in Bokurano, who have the numbers from one to four in their names, and the twins Kōichi and Kōji in Digimon Frontier. With that in mind, Kusaka could addapt this to the PokéSpe world by having White have a sister named Whitetwo. If White is a pretty normal name there, why not also have Whitetwo? And besides, we don't know anything about White's family, do we?
    I do not know how to explain, but this is different nature with Black 2 & White 2, at least.

A part of me wants a Black2 and White2 just because every time I hear it I laugh. While I'm not a huge fan of Nate and Rosa, I won't mind seeing them in PokeSpecial. Lol Black2 and White2. It tickles me XD

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    A part of me wants a Black2 and White2 just because every time I hear it I laugh. While I'm not a huge fan of Nate and Rosa, I won't mind seeing them in PokeSpecial. Lol Black2 and White2. It tickles me XD
    But if Nate and Rosa (Black2 and White2) appear as separate characters in the manga, you'd have to consider what will happen to the starter tradition (where the male protagonist gets this type, the rival gets this type and the female protagonist gets this type). It'll pretty much be ruined. :/

But if Nate and Rosa (Black2 and White2) appear as separate characters in the manga, you'd have to consider what will happen to the starter tradition (where the male protagonist gets this type, the rival gets this type and the female protagonist gets this type). It'll pretty much be ruined. :/
    Is that so important? And I don't see what you mean, Blacktwo could easily get Pokabu (Tepig), the offspring of Buoh and Bubu-chan, Hue would get Mijumaru (Oshawott), the offspring of the two Water Starters, and Whitetwo would get Tsutarja (Snivy), the offspring of the two Grass Starters. I don't see how that ruins the tradition.

EDIT: I think Mitsuru (Wally) will appear in the World Tournament. Kusaka said he wants to make him appear again.
    And since both Blue and Ruby have Pokémon that just receiver the Fairy-type (technically it's not confirmed if Kirlia will receive it, but I can see Kirlia evolving during or before the BW2 arc), one thing that would be cool for Kusaka to do, as a way to foreshadow the Fairy-type, would be for Puriri (Jiggly) and RURU to be hit by Dragon-type moves (maybe even both being hit together by the same move) and not being affected at all, leaving everyone to wonder how that was possible.
    Last edited by G-SANtos; 25th June 2013 at 2:38 PM.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Pokemon games are changing, that means Adventures should change along with it, while adding its own twist of course. Yes, I liked the old traditions, but I also don't want things to be ruined just to hold onto said traditions. Bianca and Cheren's demotions were unnecessary because they weren't named after games. I'm ready for the change even in Pokemon Adventures if it makes the series better. If they manage to keep the traditions going then I'm okay with it, but if they do something new and it works then I'm also okay with that as well. This is why I consider Adventures far superior then the Pokemon Anime, it's willing to make big and small changes.

Macromind, if what you're worried about is that Daikenki (Samurott) won't go to anyone, well, they could have Daikenki going to N in the volumes, since N is almost like a rival. So it would go like this:
    Group 1. Black, the protagonist: Fire-type. N, the (almost) rival (assuming Kusaka sees him as a Rival): Water-type. White, the girl: Grass-type.
    Group 2. White, the deuteragonist: Fire-type. Bel, the rival: Water-type. Cheren, the girl boy: Grass-type.
    Group 3: Kyōhei, the protagonist: Fire-type. Hue, the rival: Water-type. Mei, the girl: Grass-type.

Done. You give White two Starters, and, consequently, two roles, while building three groups of characters. Having Cheren being the "girl"/"chick" of a second group gives a new twist to the Starter type tradition. Hm... What if the two groups thing was the reason Kusaka swapped Cheren and Bel's Starters?

Do you guys want a Early Bird Cameo of anyone from X/Y? I think Sana could appear in the audience of the World Tournament, and when G-Cis attacks the PWT, Mei/Whitetwo saves Sana from a collapsing structure that was going to fall on her. Then in XY we get Sana mentioning that she copied her hairstyle from "a cool girl" that saved her in the PWT. I mean, come on, the resemblance of Mei and Sana is so blatant, that there's no way Kusaka would ignore it. People already commented on it, and there's even a fanart in Pixiv where Sana wears a palette swapped version of Mei's clothes.

By the way, I want a scene where Gold pats White's butt and is beaten by Black. Or even by White herself.
    Last edited by G-SANtos; 27th June 2013 at 3:55 PM.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Gold and White :-"> What a womanizer ! I don't think N will get Samurott .
    My spec : black emboard white Amanda Hugh Samurott .
    Rosa and Nate could be Black and White with new style . This would cut down the number of starter we need for all protag . Not having Rosa and Nate as separate chars can help Kusaka keep the naming tradition too .

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast