Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Black2/White2 Pokemon Special Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    Iml908 says maybe Faitsu will get a Zorua as her starter. Then Doryuzu says Faitsu already has a Foongus.
    Oh sorry I thought that Iml908 was saying that Zorua will fill in the role of a "starter" starter Pokemon, like Bulbasaur and Charmander. I misunderstood. And I suppose that I wasn't thinking clearly because Zorua was never a starter at any point.

Oh and on another note, does anyone think that Rakutsu will eventually get N's Zekrom? In the games, the main protagonist of B2W2 gets N's dragon post-game so this could happen somehow in the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Oh sorry I thought that Iml908 was saying that Zorua will fill in the role of a "starter" starter Pokemon, like Bulbasaur and Charmander. I misunderstood. And I suppose that I wasn't thinking clearly because Zorua was never a starter at any point.
    Yes, I was saying that Zorua could fill the role of her Starter just as Pikachu is the "starter" for Yellow. I got this theory from TV Tropes, and I thought it was interesting. It said that both Pikachu and Zorua could have been considered "mascots" for their generation, and that last time we had 4 Dex Holders, Pikachu went to Yellow (although admittedly Pikachu WAS a starter). For added bonus, it could be N's old Zorua.

Quote Originally Posted by iml908 View Post
    Yes, I was saying that Zorua could fill the role of her Starter just as Pikachu is the "starter" for Yellow. I got this theory from TV Tropes, and I thought it was interesting. It said that both Pikachu and Zorua could have been considered "mascots" for their generation, and that last time we had 4 Dex Holders, Pikachu went to Yellow (although admittedly Pikachu WAS a starter). For added bonus, it could be N's old Zorua.
    Yes, the only reason that Pikachu is considered Yellow's main Pokemon is because Pikachu was a starter. Zorua was never a starter and being a mascot never did anything for any Pokemon (or at least in the manga, and I don't recall Zorua ever being the mascot of Generation V; it wasn't even the first to be introduced, Zoroark was). So Faitsu owning Zorua would not do anything. And why take away Zorua from N? He already tried to release it but Zorua was too bonded with N to be let go so N accepted Zorua as his Pokemon, something he never did before. That seems like a bond that is too strong to be broken to me. And in the games, N's main Pokemon was a Zoroark. We haven't seen a Zoroark in the manga yet so might as well make the Zoroark that appears be owned by N.

So another round was released, huh? The story didn't seem to advance a lot, and maybe that's a sign that the B2W2 chapter won't be as short as i thought it would be. I mean Kusaka still has a lot of ground to cover.

From the top of my mind:

-Marlon and Roxie appearing. (I know Marlon already appeared, but he wasn't referred as a Gym Leader)
    -The return of Alder.
    -The Kami trio and their Therian formes.
    - Keldeo and Resolute forme.
    -Victini showing off its signature moves.
    -The introduction of Neo Team Plasma and the frigate
    -Whatever role Benga will have
    -The return of N and Zekrom
    -Black and White whereabouts and possible return
    -The battle with Ghetsis and Colress
    -Kyurem and its formes
    -Possible Pokewood appearance or whatever the name it has.
    -Possible appearance of Mewtwo to showcase Psystrike
    -I suppose a battle with Genesect
    -Faitsu's role as a ex-member of the old Plasma surfacing and the obvious repercussions it will have on Rakutsu and Hugh.
    -Aaaaand of course, what i guess most people, including me, are expecting..the World Tournament.

Maybe there are some other stuff i'm forgetting. And at this point i didn't even include Sird on the list, because only Kusaka knows what the hell is he going to do with her. (I really hope he didn't put her on a bus)
    Assuming the XY chapter will start on the November issue of CoroCoro, what can we expect for the B2W2 chapter? A only new content-volume like the one we got for the Platinum chapter?

Well considering that Mewtwo is most likely going to appear in B2W2 so that Kusaka can show off Psystrike in the same generation that it was introduced in, Sird will most likely appear in some sort of flashback or at least be mentioned by Mewtwo. At this point, I'm actually hoping that the flashback with Sird, granted there is one, will show her being defeated. Honestly, at this point, Sird has nothing more to do other than nab Pokedexes (yes, the PWT is a good place for that but B2W2 is neo-Plasma's place to shine, not Sird's). Team Galactic is done so Sird has nothing more to do. I wish Kusaka would do away with her already. Unless...Sird already has been defeated by Mewtwo by the time of Platinum which was the reason why she didn't appear with the other commanders and how the cloaked grunt managed to return the Pokedexes to the Sinnoh characters???

If you ask me, I think Kusaka will be taking a lot of liberties with BW2. Just look at who our main characters are and how genesect is already showing up. Plus there's a lot to show off. I'm not talking changes like what he did to GSC's story, but definitely some significant changes.

And the PWT, oh man. I can't wait to see what he does there. I think Red is a lock to show up there. It'll probably somehow tie into the red chapter. Blue will probably show up too. But the PWT has A LOT of characters in it. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
    Last edited by diakyu; 20th July 2013 at 11:15 PM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I'm interested to see what the main plot is. Having not played the games of BW2 I will know nothing about the story at all. Hmm, that kind of makes it more fun for me. Everything will be a surprise, all I will know is Team Plasma got some kind of make over and don't look like Knights anymore, Ghetsis I hear went insane or something, Kyurem has two ridiculous forms and N's no longer Nish if that even makes sense. I'll just sit back and enjoy the read.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I don't want to see another Silver situation where son and father end up fighting with each other . But things seem to be that way this time with N and Ghetsis . I don't know if in the end N and Ghetsis will reunion .

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I'm interested to see what the main plot is. Having not played the games of BW2 I will know nothing about the story at all. Hmm, that kind of makes it more fun for me. Everything will be a surprise, all I will know is Team Plasma got some kind of make over and don't look like Knights anymore, Ghetsis I hear went insane or something, Kyurem has two ridiculous forms and N's no longer Nish if that even makes sense. I'll just sit back and enjoy the read.
    Literally none of the events in BW2 special have happened in the games lol. It really makes me wonder how much it'll deviate from the games.

Quote Originally Posted by arawn View Post
    I don't want to see another Silver situation where son and father end up fighting with each other . But things seem to be that way this time with N and Ghetsis . I don't know if in the end N and Ghetsis will reunion .
    Oh it'll probably happen. But I want N to meet Colress.
    Last edited by diakyu; 23rd July 2013 at 7:25 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by arawn View Post
    Since when did Silver and Giovanni fight each other? If you're referring to the ending of HGSS when Silver swore to stop Giovanni one day, then I wouldn't exactly call that a "fight". And based on what happened in the games (where N gave Ghetsis a speech about the love and trust between Pokemon and humans and Ghetsis had a mental breakdown, screaming at N to shut up and insulting him) I don't really think a reunion is gonna happen. But then again, Ghetsis seems much calmer in the manga than he seemed in the games and you have to consider that evil leaders who turned good in the games remained bad in the manga and vice-versa (look at Maxie, Archie and Cyrus). And the "evil leader turning insane" gimmick is getting kinda old. So you never know what Kusaka will do with Ghetsis.

You know, with Black missing, I really hope White gets her time in sun.

Pokespe has a problem that Coronis brought up once: it has a male protagonist bias.

While the Pokedex holder ladies are important, they're always overshadowed by the guys. And other times they have to share the spotlight with other characters.

It's worse in the final battles where they're either shoved into the sidelines to help other characters or are stopped from helping until the battle is mostly over.

(Some examples being Crys (and Silver) being shoved away so that Gold can battle Pryce alone. Sapphire only helping battle Archie and Maxie at the last minute after most of the battling had already been finished. Diamond and Pearl doing most of the work in the battle against Cyrus while Platinum dealt with other stuff. Crys wasn't even much of a factor in HGSS outside of her battle with Arceus.)

White's a really bad example of this, considering she literally did nothing in the BW finale.. Oh sure, she found out about N's past, but she didn't do anything with the info. She just rushes over to where Black and N are, but reaches them after N had left.

I do hope it gets changed in the volumes.

Also, her team is pretty weak. The three Pokemon capable of evolution in her team haven't gone out of their base forms. We haven't seen Sawsbuck and Reuniclus yet, right? Good time to debut them.

Unfortunately, with LactaidRakutsu around, neither White not Faitsu are likely to get much focus. :/

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    You know, with Black missing, I really hope White gets her time in sun.

Pokespe has a problem that Coronis brought up once: it has a male protagonist bias.

While the Pokedex holder ladies are important, they're always overshadowed by the guys. And other times they have to share the spotlight with other characters.

It's worse in the final battles where they're either shoved into the sidelines to help other characters or are stopped from helping until the battle is mostly over.

(Some examples being Crys (and Silver) being shoved away so that Gold can battle Pryce alone. Sapphire only helping battle Archie and Maxie at the last minute after most of the battling had already been finished. Diamond and Pearl doing most of the work in the battle against Cyrus while Platinum dealt with other stuff. Crys wasn't even much of a factor in HGSS outside of her battle with Arceus.)

White's a really bad example of this, considering she literally did nothing in the BW finale.. Oh sure, she found out about N's past, but she didn't do anything with the info. She just rushes over to where Black and N are, but reaches them after N had left.

I do hope it gets changed in the volumes.

Also, her team is pretty weak. The three Pokemon capable of evolution in her team haven't gone out of their base forms. We haven't seen Sawsbuck and Reuniclus yet, right? Good time to debut them.
    And don't forget about dear sweet Blue/Green, though she got some action fighting Sabrina, she didn't appear that often. The girls never do anything big during the big showdowns, and in general the boys tend to get more focus in regular chapters anyway. And just because the girls do Gym's doesn't mean they get favored. But White has gotten it really bad and the only thing I can think of that she did worthwhile was the Battle Subway. I really wanted to see more of her agency exposed as I thought it was such a interesting idea for Pokemon. Poor White.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Though the Platinum arc has Dia and Pearl out of the picture for sometime with Platinum dominating a majority of said arc. Well, it's better than nothing.

And I think the bias is because of the whole "male readers are the majority and will like a male protagonist doing most of the hero stuff" mindset Japan (and others have). And considering the franchise stems from video games... yeah, I'm sure you can see what I'm getting at (of course, Pokemon doesn't have those kinds of "Mature" elements in the games but still...).
    Last edited by matt0044; 24th July 2013 at 9:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Though the Platinum arc has Dia and Pearl out of the picture for sometime with Platinum dominating a majority of said arc. Well, it's better than nothing.

And I think the bias is because of the whole "male readers are the majority and will like a male protagonist doing most of the hero stuff" mindset Japan (and others have). And considering the franchise stems from video games... yeah, I'm sure you can see what I'm getting at.
    Yellow......

Maybe you say she as a male in chapter 2, but her character is not a popular "male" hero in general.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    And considering the franchise stems from video games... yeah, I'm sure you can see what I'm getting at (of course, Pokemon doesn't have those kinds of "Mature" elements in the games but still...).
    Except that ever since Crystal, the Pokemon games have been pretty much gender-neutral in terms of heroes.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

This page shows two post cards with new B2W2 artwork. It seems that Black and White will appear with their designs unaltered; 12 years old Rakutsu barely looks different than 16 years old Black. Also, this doesn't bode well for the World Tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    This page shows two post cards with new B2W2 artwork. It seems that Black and White will appear with their designs unaltered; 12 years old Rakutsu barely looks different than 16 years old Black. Also, this doesn't bode well for the World Tournament.
    Why do you think that? Actually the postcard with all the Dexholders makes me think the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat! View Post
    Why do you think that? Actually the postcard with all the Dexholders makes me think the opposite.
    Because the other postcard is already full with characters. I also doubt that they're going to re-design 13 Pokédex holders (who have all grown up significantly) when they didn't even see fit to change Black or White's clothes. And let's not forget the 32+ Gym Leaders.

Lastly, the Red chapter was as good a time as any to foreshadow the World Tournament, but that didn't happen.
    Last edited by Kein; 26th July 2013 at 8:23 AM.

Hm. Judging from that image, we can see that the Shadow Triad will be in their B2W2 outfits now.

The Seven Sage's outfits actually match their colors. Different from how the games did it, but not surprising considering their designs don't match the games' 100%.

Since there's no Meloetta, I will assume that all the legendaries here are going to be the ones that'll get the most focus. Glad to see the Musketeers aren't still here in addition to Keldeo.

I do wonder where Reshiram and Zekrom are.

Hugh's sister has purple hair. Petashi's colors are different than from what I expected. Oh, he has brown hair.

I really hope they post a bigger version on the site or someone goes, gets, and scans the image.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 26th July 2013 at 8:34 AM.

I do wonder where Reshiram and Zekrom are.
    They're fused with Kyurem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    They're fused with Kyurem.
    And there are three Kyurem on-screen at the same time.

No reason why they can't show up.

The sages have such dumb hats.

And I can see the PWT happening but only featuring one set of gym leaders and one champ representing that set (that way you can get Red and Blue in if the Kanto set is used). I think we all knew there was no way all the past gym leaders and champions were getting in. Of course it can just be used for that one mandatory plot sequence from the games and only reference that the PWT hosts a large tournament involving the gym leaders and champions (could show off some silhouettes here too).

And I guess it's fair White and Black got no new clothes. There's no basis from the games after all.

Edit: And I just realized Faitsu is our one way ticket to the Team Plasma memory links.
    Last edited by diakyu; 26th July 2013 at 9:18 AM.

The pic seems that only a normal Genesect, not have red Genesect.

And I also hope that have a big pic later.

----------

In the pic, we also did not see Roxie.

So I think this is not all roles complete.
    Last edited by e9310103838; 26th July 2013 at 9:38 AM.

And there are three Kyurem on-screen at the same time.

No reason why they can't show up.
    The point is that we know where they are; there is no mystery here.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu
    And I guess it's fair White and Black got no new clothes. There's no basis from the games after all.
    All the Pokédex holders had their attires at least slightly re-designed for their returns, with Green getting a complete overhaul for GSC (a change which wasn't based on the games). More importantly, they showed signs of aging.
    Last edited by Kein; 26th July 2013 at 11:42 AM.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast