Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battling the Leaf Thieves! (735)

Quote Originally Posted by pokeaussie37 View Post
    Sounds like a solid, if not spectacular, episode.
    Sums it up pretty well. The plot was ultra basic and didn't have anything unexpected in it, and while there were lots of good moments, nothing stood out as particularly noteworthy. Not bad, just very straight forward.

That was a great episode. Swadloon's evolution during the battle against Emolga was wonderful. It shows that a Pokemon doesn't have to evolve during a gym battle, important battle or when he saves the day. It shows that training is what makes the Pokemon evolve, and it wasn't the first time we see Ash training with Swadloon, so that was a nice build-up and a simple yet wonderful way to make a Pokemon evolve.
    Its body is covered with a pure white fur. The colder the weather, the more active it becomes.
    Dewgong

[IMG]http://i44.*******.com/if7pug.png[/IMG]

Saw the pictures, can't wait to watch it.

I liked that Leavanny got a nice episode to be out and about, as well as Emolga. I'm glad that the starters didn't really get shown much other then napping and getting a leaf hat thingy, although I did enjoy the little rivalry(Or whatever it is) between Oshawott and Tepig, as well as Emolga and Snivy, was nice seeing Snivy save Emolga as well and Emolga doesn't want to thank it. I liked that Scraggy was out most of the episode too, it's friend got kidnapped so it should have been out and worrying.

I'm not sure what happened in the end, but I think maybe Ash and the others gave the Durant some leaf balls or something, I hope that's the case at less other wise I would have liked what happened in the manga scan better, just seems wrong to attack the Durant when they didn't mean any harm, but I'm pretty sure Ash and the others gave them leaf balls so I'm fine with that. I would have liked a Durant on the team, but I knew it wouldn't happen and I don't mind, I hope Durant appears again though, preferably under the ownership of a rival.

The episode looks good to me.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

It seems like a good introductory episode for Leavanny. Swadloon hasn't been given a large amount of focus, so it's good that it has its own episode at least.
    This signature is just a plot device to keep me moving.

So Leavanny's size seems to have change a bit throughout the whole episode, but that really doesn't matter XD.

Anyway, it was pretty good, don't know why Ash recalled the starters, but oh well :P
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Anyway, it was pretty good, don't know why Ash recalled the starters, but oh well :P
    This episode was epic. Dento ran into a rock. Don't ask, it made my day. Then they had to go the extra mile and have him slip on a banana peel? X333 It reminds me how in the Victini movie Dento runs into the light (well his backpack did anyway) xD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    So Leavanny's size seems to have change a bit throughout the whole episode, but that really doesn't matter XD.

Good. I'm glad that it was Pikachu, Scraggy, Leavanny, and Emolga who battled. Too bad Stunfisk wasn't there.

Random : PokéRadar

Whoa! This episode came out pretty fast. And I'm glad no one didn't catch the ant. No one needs that. As far as this episode goes, great job. Leavnny is super awesome and Scraggy proves once again that size is only a thing. 9/10

Alder: You wanna know what's better than battling?
    Ash: What?
    Alder: Eating hotdogs and battling!
    Trip: My God, It's like looking into the future.

Still miffed that Swadloon got crap treatment, honestly one more REAL battle wouldn't have killed the writers. And on top of that it's in the process of evolving before the opening?

That said I enjoyed the episode. I enjoyed seeing Leavanny throughout the episode.

Assuming Bulbapedia is accurate, I have this feeling Inuko Inuyama tried to make Leavanny masculine, but it just didn't work. Despite being male, Leavanny is just too feminine. But then again it isn't like I could see Unshō Ishizuka voicing Leavanny, since that would be incredibly awkward.

For those who are saying that Leavanny has the same exact personality as the other Leavanny. I disagree.

1. The other Leavanny barely showed up to show a personality that's identifiable. Burgh's Leavanny displayed NO personality when battling against Ash. And making leaf clothes or making costumes (Luke's) is not a personality that's an action.

2. The one Burgh used didn't show much of a personality at all in their debut episode either. To say it matches Ash's Leavanny is pretty much drawing conclusions from absolutely nothing. Because the only thing Burgh's Leavanny ever did personality wise, if you even want to call it that (is it happily saying "Ha ha" as it makes leaf clothing for Ash's Sewaddle) and unlike Ash's Leavanny, Burgh was the one who requested the leaf clothing. Ash's Leavanny made leaf clothing without needing Ash to tell it to, especially to the three wild Sewaddle.

So therefore the only Leavanny THAT HAS EVER shown an identifiable personality is Ash's Leavanny.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

It was a nice episode I guess. I had a feeling that Swadloon would evolve in a battle against one of Ash's friends; I think it was sort of cheap, but Swadloon has always been treated badly. Anyway, I thought the leaf collars and masks were cute, and I laughed when I saw that Ash was covered with leaves, but I really hated those Durant; not only did they look gross, but they acted exactly as I expected them to act. I'm glad they weren't captured because I wouldn't be able to tolerate a Durant in the main cast.

Great episode! I love it because it focuses on Iris and her pokemon. And it was an enjoyable episode for swadloon to evolve in.

I actually really liked this one! I was wondering how they were going to show a male leavanny but it actually worked...Ash's leavanny's voice actually sounds masculine albeit a bit off-masculine...but that's fine, he's the fruit on the team anyways. Have you seen how he runs XD..anyways, I also loved how there was only one female durant in the whole colony, a harken to real-life ant colonies...but then again, technically all ants are female with only one fertile female (the queen) and drones for reproductions...but I guess it works differently for durant...also when that one durant screamed...classic...
    Last edited by XXD17; 12th April 2012 at 8:26 PM.
    Draconic pokemon are king !!!

Pokemon Y Team:

my deviantart featuring a wide array of moemon drawn by yours truly: http://xxd17.deviantart.com/

Very good episode here. I did like how the writers took their time to show more of Ash's pokemon as well as taking the opportunity to throw some clever throw backs, showing that they actually remembered what happened in the previous episodes.

Also, I did like how we get to see some dynamics between the pokemon being worked here. After an arc devoted to show the characters interacting with their rivals/recurring friends, it was a nice change of pace. I'm even impressed they kind of continue with the Oshawott's and Tepig's "rivalry". Honestly, I was thinking it'd be some sort of "one episode only" thing and the whole rivalry thing would be just fan wishful thinking. Nice seeing I was wrong about that.

My minor issue is with Leavanny's personality as it seems to be completly changed from the times it was a Sewaddle. Not that it was bad, just a tad odd, if you ask me. Another thing is that... ok, we get to see Ash's entire team and more two from Iris (except Excadrill though I'll let that pass) but what Cilan's? Not even Pansage got to appear this time. Anyway, this doesn't prevent the episode from being nice.

It was an enjoyable episode overall. I hope Leavanny gets more screentime from now on, he was cute and clever in this ep.
    Those Durant were huge!

anyone else notice that Durant was HUGE in this episode ?? I mean its just 1'00" !!? in the anime it was 5x this size. even bigger than axew which is actually twice Durant's size !!!!

Haven't watched it but the main thing I liked and actually laughed looking at the pictures was the interactions, a lot of funny stuff from this episode it seems.

Leavanny looked funny as heck with her interactions, I liked Tepig and Oshawott going at each other again also, Axew, Emolga and others had some funny moments also, really looking forward to eventually watch this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Haven't watched it but the main thing I liked and actually laughed looking at the pictures was the interactions, a lot of funny stuff from this episode it seems.

Leavanny looked funny as heck with her interactions, I liked Tepig and Oshawott going at each other again also, Axew, Emolga and others had some funny moments also, really looking forward to eventually watch this.
    Hahakomori is male............but I see how you can be confused, as they made his voice deeper, but just barely deeper than Arti/Luke's respective Hahakomori.

I enjoyed that he was not left out of nap time, was such a jovial fellow as well as helpful, and was out ALL episode, even as the gang set out again travelling toward Sekka City, he STILL was not recalled, so that was nice.

Not happy he was not reveal to have any new moves, but it WAS refreshing to see a non-GYM/Non-Team-Rocket induced evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Hahakomori is male............but I see how you can be confused, as they made his voice deeper, but just barely deeper than Arti/Luke's respective Hahakomori.

I enjoyed that he was not left out of nap time, was such a jovial fellow as well as helpful, and was out ALL episode, even as the gang set out again travelling toward Sekka City, he STILL was not recalled, so that was nice.

Not happy he was not reveal to have any new moves, but it WAS refreshing to see a non-GYM/Non-Team-Rocket induced evolution.
    Haha the her just came out for some reason, I'm usually not confused by that, it wasn't even a confusiong, I think it just came out weird.

Would have liked a new move also, it will have something eventually, in his next battle I'm sure he will show something.

OMG!!!!!!!!! LEAVANNY IS SO CUTE!!!!!!!!! And he was out the whole episode!!! Hell ya!!!!!!!!

A new attack would of been epic though .
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!

I kept thinking Leavanny was a girl. Gosh....they must all get maternal instincts once they evolve. XDDD (it makes the most sense imo)

Dent's "It's cute" was as adorable as the Kurumiru. Also I loved his "It's siesta time~".

Iris says "watch your head"- Dent walks into a stalactite.
    Iris warns the others to "mind their step"- Dent trips over.

I will never get tired of Dent being made into the butt monkey, it's just so hilarious to see.

I loved the Iront's voices as it sounded like they were in a mariachi band going "Ay, ay, ay".

Zuruggu being extremely worried over Kibago's disappearance was a nice touch due to their brotherly bond.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    Iris says "watch your head"- Dent walks into a stalactite.
    Iris warns the others to "mind their step"- Dent trips over.
    I love this. Like seriously...I have MORE to add to the "Woe of Dent" XDDDD

One of the Durant at the end should have said: "Aye yai yai *facepalm*" that woulda been win. XD
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 13th April 2012 at 3:47 PM.

Okay, I didn't really expect anything from this episodes, but after watching it, gotta say it was one of the best episodes! This is exactly why I LOVE Best Wishes.

I always love when the Pokémon get to hang out and show their personalities and dynamics. I've never been into Ash's Tepig too much, as I kinda find his personality little 'meh', but he's seriously cute when Oshawott makes fun of him and they get into fight. :'D After this episode, I like him hella lot more. And never can be tired of seeing Snivy/Emolga -dynamic. Oh man, Ash and co. have way too awesome Pokémon this season. Also, shall we talk about the ultimate BROMANCE that is between Scraggy and Axew! No can deny it anymore! If they are ever going to evolve, I want them to evolve at the same time, they are my otp, because they are such bros! : D And Leavanny is a male after all? He seemed like a mother of the group! So sweet.

Oh and, Cilan. What's with him today? xD First he's a multilanguage expert. He did say "it's cute" and something about siesta time, right? Well, siesta is a spanish word to me... Rofl, also for him mashing his head against that rock and tripping over. Why was this episode this entertaining, I wasn't expecting it at all! Hah, and Iris and her cutesy moment when ordering attract from Emolga! Even Ash was hilarious in his leaf-costume. :''D

So yeah, excellent episode in my opinion, didn't have any boring moments at all! And the bromaaaanceeeeee.

OMG It was weird to see that Leavanny being so feminine O_O anyway I liked him/her XD Great episode, Swadloon finally left depression by evolving.

Anyone notice the single female durant? A harken towards reality where every ant colony only contains one fertile female...
    Draconic pokemon are king !!!

Pokemon Y Team:

my deviantart featuring a wide array of moemon drawn by yours truly: http://xxd17.deviantart.com/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast