Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battling the Leaf Thieves! (735)

I just realized something, when Leavanny was covering Ash with leaves, where did they all come from? From what I could tell they had another "cartoons defy the laws of physics" moment & had Leavanny pull them out of thin air
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 13th April 2012 at 9:07 PM.

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Running into Calem again , while getting the feeling that we're being watched
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

I just wacthed this episode and it was great. Here's a list for the things I liked:

-Swadloon evolved.
    -He didn't just evolve and then didn't do anything, he got much screentime in this episode and he really was a central character in this episode. We also saw his friendly, happy and helping personality. It's definitely very rare that reserves (aside Scraggy) get much screentime in episode other than battling. So this was a very nice surprise.
    -Starters didn't show too much in this episode. Their personalities and chemistries were showed well in the episode but they didn't steal the spotlight in the episode.
    -Scraggy got screentime in the episode and his friendship with Axew was shown in the episode.
    -Axew didn't even know he was kidnapped because he slept until gang was out of cave. It was definitely a fun scene.

This episode was brilliant and one of the best episodes in Best Wishes. 10/10
    Last edited by Charizard-Fan; 5th May 2012 at 10:07 PM.
    Welcome back Charizard! I've missed you so much! <3

I loved again this episode

Swaldoon evolved !
    He had a lot of screetime
    He has this creepy and lovely behavior
    Leavanny, Scraggy, Emolga, Axew, all have development ... Even the three starters were here and add fun !

Only ONE female Durant ? Poor girl !

I love Leavanny

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    Anyone notice the single female durant? A harken towards reality where every ant colony only contains one fertile female...
    Except real ants are almost all infertile females.
    Help spread the Dragonbuster Love!
    Hail to Saint Georgia!

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    I kept thinking Leavanny was a girl. Gosh....they must all get maternal instincts once they evolve. XDDD (it makes the most sense imo)
    Moreso Parental-instincts, but I know what you mean. His voice being barely deeper than prior Hahakomori seen is pasable, but the way he moves was undeniably 'feminine'.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Interesting fact I just learned, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    The common myth is "one queen and a zillion male workers" though. Pokemon has never been a nature documentary :P

I didn't like this episode. It was bland. Swadloon evolving sort of redeemed it, but Levannny seems weak.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Well it was a pretty good episode...again nothing special outside of Swadloon evolving. Still question why the starters were returned to their Pokeballs...they could have been helpful in the search and in fighting the ants
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Well it was a pretty good episode...again nothing special outside of Swadloon evolving. Still question why the starters were returned to their Pokeballs...they could have been helpful in the search and in fighting the ants
    So they can feel what poor Tranquill felt in many episodes?

Random : PokéRadar

-Emolga is like the most adorable thing ever.
    -Yay. The battle is actually lasting for a while... but Swadloon starts to evolve before the opening even starts. Oh well.
    -Leavanny sounds like a drunk drag queen.
    -Emolga, I love you, it looks so funny staring up at Leavanny.
    -Drag Queen Leavanny decides to run off into the forest by itself and spends ages sewing to come out with two small leaves with a hole in them.
    -Aww. Scraggy is chasing Axew, I love those two.
    -Dragvanny is such a freak, LEAF HATS ALL ROUND.
    -Haha, Emolga's face is priceless. I love this thing.
    -Tepig and Oshawott are fighting again. Hope this leads somewhere.
    -Meanwhile, Leavanny is making even more leaf hats because that is apparently what he does.
    -SUPERHERO AXEW.
    -Axew is gone how will we go on.
    -Where the hell did Dragvanny come from? He just like... appeared all worried.
    -My god, even Leavanny's run is bizarre.
    -Axew is still asleep, what.
    -Aww, poor Scraggy and his sore knee.
    -Yay, all is well.
    -Is Scraggy a walking Pokemon now or something? He was out from the start of the episode for no particular reason.

Good episode overall. Loved the focus Dragvanny and Emolga got, and the interactions were great. Really liked this episode, even if the plot was simplistic. Leavanny is absolutely hilarious, too. Glad it has personality.

Oh yes, a good episode. I'm shocked by the fact that the opening battle lasted more than thirty seconds and I'm really happy by the interactions between the trio (Dento being the clumsy guy despite Iris warning him or when Ash asked who was going to pretend to be food, lol) and the Pokémon - that was some great stuff - Snivy and Emonga don't fight as heavily as before but their rivalry is still there.

....and now, her story begins.

Maybe it's because Emonga listens now better unlike it used too.

My ideal battle ever!

Swadloon evolves lol

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Maybe it's because Emonga listens now better unlike it used too.
    That's very true, Emolga had just about as much screentime as Leavanny did. She not only battled Swadloon in the beginning, but helped find Axew (since Ash didn't have Unfezant) and helped defeat the Durant.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Finished watching the episode, loved it.

I love Leavanny in the Anime, their voices(Dub and original) are probably one of my favorite. It was nice seeing Ash's Leavanny get some screen time here.

I would like more of these kind of episodes where a lot of stuff goes on for everyone.

Was disappointed to see that Ash and the others just left the Durant like that, I know they stole Axew and were attacking but they didn't know what was going on, I prefer the ending that was in the scan where the Durant see their mistake and seem sorry, although I guess it wasn't too bad, they seemed fine knowing that their food wasn't stolen or anything.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

And Leavanny evolves, while the Durant are allowed to leave in spite of their actions.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

Ah Leavanny, I'll never get used to the way you walk/run. He was still really helpful though, especially when helping out those wild Sewawa's.

Loved the episode. One thing that stood out for me was the ending. I mean, usually Pokemon would give us some sap story about the Durant and Ash helps them out, gaining their trust and friendship. That wasn't the case here. The BWtrio basically ran in, got attacked, attacked them back, ran out, and all was good again on both sides. I actually wouldn't mind if they did this kind of ending more often...not all the time, obviously.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

This episode was ok... It was great to see Durant for the first time. I do wish Leavanny would have learned a new move in this episode, instead of using the same ones from before. The Shadow Claw attack by the Durant was really animated well. So many funny moments, like Emolga and Snivy not liking the idea of leaf clothes.

48/100
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Only one Female Durant, well that means not much trouble like that group of Swoobat.

A good episode. Swadloon evolves into Leavanny, and it was funny when Cilan tries to be careful, yet he gets hurt anyway.

ahhhh love this episode ... had a classic vibe to it and durant is soo coooooollll!!!!!!

What happened to the Durant was overkill.

Something else that I enjoyed was seeing one of Ash's reserves interacting this Iris and Cilan. We barely get that outside of Scraggy and Krokorok.

Random : PokéRadar

yay we finally get leavanny.

Levanny is seriously amazing; glad Ash gets a new fully evolved Bug type Pokemon. Hopefully we see more of Leavanny from now on, in rotation of course.

The episode plot was quite different in parts, and it came as a shocker. Truthfully, I felt bored watching today. Probably because it's getting up so early.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast