Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who thinks GBA Pokemon games are harder than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth pkmn View Post
    I think they're easy.
    Well, if you have the right team ANY game is easy.

I remember back when I played yellow

My team before fighting blaine

Pikachu lvl 76
    Ivysaur 23
    Wartortle 24
    Magikarp(et) 13
    Aerodactyl 7
    Omanyte 12

Aww, I was so noobish back then,
    Yellow isn't a GBA game.

*3DS FC: 4854-6647-2058. IGN is Sietse.

Deleting posts, and reposting just so you can be the last one who posted is pathetic :l

Totally thought they were harder than other games. Gen I was easy if you picked Charmander or Squirtle. Gen II wasn't as easy as Gen I. Gen IV was too easy the first go round. I haven't played Gen 5 yet. In Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, I felt stumped many-a-times. I was thirteen too so maybe that was why it seemed a bit tough. Gen III is my favorite one though because of this.
    White Team (WHITE FRIEND CODE: 4341-8446-1827)

currently training. Need to transfer HeartGold team for better results.

Yes. I never beat R/S/E/FR/LG. I've beaten D/P/P, and I beat B/W numerous amounts of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Spite View Post
    Yes. I never beat R/S/E/FR/LG. I've beaten D/P/P, and I beat B/W numerous amounts of times.
    You should scrape up some money, buy a GBA, and play Sapphire and Emerald! They are quite awesome!
    White Team (WHITE FRIEND CODE: 4341-8446-1827)

currently training. Need to transfer HeartGold team for better results.

Personally i think that the DS games, at least Daimond and Pearl are harder ,mostly because the levels of the AI stagnate at the end of teh game, making training a three hour grind fest for just one pokemon.
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

They were a bit harder since it was a bit complicated (I admit, it's pretty easy to get lost in Hoenn, especially since there was a lot of Sea routes) and sometimes, you have to go in circles. Another thing that did make them a bit hard too is the fact that it's not easy to train and also, tough trainers as well.

I do think all the 3rd generation games have been more difficult than everthing that has followed them, I prefer the more recent games over 3rd generation because I think there is a better balance in the difficulty

The GBA games were very difficult compared to the DS games. There was not very many good places to train your Pokemon. Also, around the Elite 4 the wild Pokemon were very strong. And the Elite 4 themselves were very strong unless your team was very high levelled.
    I can't think of anything good to say so I'll just have this here instead. It's great to be bored...

i think the the generation 1 and 2 games were quite hard (but fun to play)

seeing as i bought pokemon emerald a year later (i had to save up for it) with a normal nintendo ds (which i still have) pokemon emerald only works on teh top screen, but i personally think its quite medium to play.
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

I thought BW were the hardest considering how every gym leader at least beat me once -_- IMO, Hoenn is pretty easy if you go with Mudkip or Torchic IMO

Harder in the 3rd gen for me. Especially emerald.

It feels harder since the graphics are awful compared to the DS

No, Pokemon always has been very easy imo.
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah i think they were harder harder to train and harder to catch pokemon
    http://www.neoseeker.com/ Please join this site I think we should help all the community's there also this is the one that I am trying to build up http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/64633/. So please join and help

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg31/...if&res=landing
    I don't accept random friend requests and don't read my convos

I don't, but they're more classic

Third gen is much more difficult. I had so much trouble with Steven in Sapphire. I also found the gyms to be very hard, especially the last two.

Level grinding in Gen 3 is a pain which makes trying to defeat the Elite 4 the first time really difficult. Particularly since you can't just change the time and people will battle you like in DPPlHGSS. You have to wait for them to be ready to battle you first, which can take a long time, even when you in the area running up and down in front of them at the time.

The fact that the movements are so slow, it takes a LONG time to train and lvl. up. Plus the Gym Leaders were a pain ._.

'What I wanted to protect.. . was you, Ichigo.' -Tensa Zangetsu

Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Join the Bleach Club!

I completed 3rd gen, but to me, 1st gen will always be the hardest. I never completed the E4 until recently.

I still hate Brawly, though.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

IMO, the games just keep getting easier... with red and blue being hardest and black and white being easiest.
    This "Pokemon Rainbow" rumored game is already killing me. I want it!

Also, general nintendo fans will probably like my youtube. I make unboxings and collection videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/EnragedSwalot?feature=mhee
    Thanks if you check it out

I've always thought that the GBA games were much better because they offered more of a challenge.
    In Diamond & Pearl, Team Galactic was way too easy. Team Rocket and Magma/Aqua were much better
    <-- My 4th Generation Trade Shop

I by far think R/S/E are the hardest games of teh series mostly because I don't liek the movesets for most of the pokemon and all the elite 4 are tough but I still enjoy playing it.
    X FC 1650 1536 9669

^Agree. No vs seeker to train and level up faster. I don't like Pokenav.

Kalos shinies (Some):
    - Vivillon Hunt Complete! -

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

It depends on the generation. Gen 3 is defintely hard, but Gen 2 is easy, and Gen 1 lies somewhere in the middle. And neither Gen 4, nor Gen 5, are what I would consider 'easy'.
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

I think the gba games are harder because it's harder to trade now. On ds, you can trade soneone for a stronger pokemon if you need it, or even use the GTS. However for gba, well not all of us have out link cable anymore.

I've heard lots of people say they think gba versions are hardest, so it may actually be a lot harder. I've never noticed a real difference though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast