Image created by blazegryph on Deviant Art.
2012 Summer Grand Tournament -
Hello everyone! I am Usurping Bark, and I have participated and hosted a number of tournaments in the past. Most of my tournaments, including this one, are based on the same format as soccer World Cups (if any of you watch FIFA). I am looking for active participants to battle in this Summer Tournament, which is bound to be really fun.
Rules for Battles
- Standard 6v6 BW OU Singles
- All battles must take place over Pokemon Online
- No Uber Pokemon
- All Standard Rules apply to this tournament
The Tournament will comprise of 32 participants, all of who will be broken up into Groups. They will all work their way up and attempt to reach the Round of 16, which is the Elimination Round. From there it's set up like a normal single-elimination tournament until the Finals. Before the Final Match to decide who is Champion, there will be a match to decide Third Place.
To begin with, every player will be divided into eight groups of four. The Qualifying Round (Round of 32) guarantees each participant a minimum of THREE MATCHES. During this Round, every combatant will be duking it out to reach the top two slots in their Group. During the qualifying round, participants will receive points for their matches. A win will grant the player 2 points, a tie will provide each player 1 point, and losing a match rewards 0 points. Now, it should be noted that ties work different in this Tournament. If the score at the end of the battle is either 1-0 (meaning the winner only has a single pokemon left) or 0-0, the match ends in a tie. Now you may ask: why am I doing it this way? Well first of all, 0-0 is an extremely rare way for battle to end. Also, if a player loses in a tight and heated battle and the winner's last pokemon has nearly fainted, the loser shouldn't be penalized entirely, in fact they deserve to split the battle. It's to make the Qualifying Round more intense, perse.
The Round of 16 begins the Elimination Round of the Tournament. There are no ties, a win is a win, and once a player loses they are out of the Tournament. In the case of a 0-0 tie, the two players will play eachother again. In the case of another 0-0 tie, the decision will be dealt with by a random number generator in which one player will represent a certain range of numbers and the other represents the other half of numbers.
The Quarter-Finals (Elite 8) are done with Best Out of 3 Matches. Ties are dealt with in the same fashion the Round of 16 were. The Semi-Finals (Final 4) are also done with the best out of three matches.
The Finals and the match to decide Third Place is decided with the person who wins the best out of seven matches. There will be no ties, no exceptions. In case of a 0-0 tie in the seventh match, the results will be decided in a manner which is to be decided if the ocassion arises.
The results of all battles should only be reported by the WINNER in this thread. In the Quarter Finals and on, every individual battle should be reported by the winner, not just the winner of the series. This is so that I can easily document everything. Thank you.
The last day of sign-ups is Friday the 25th of May at 12 midnight GMT-5 (EST time).
Serebii Username: Your username used in this forum.
PO Username: Your Pokemon Online username.
Time Zone: Your time zone.
Username - PO Usernames - Time Zone
01. Usurping Bark - [SdC]Usurping Bark - GMT-5 (EST)
02. geomese - [SdC]Shane K - GMT-5 (EST)
03. ShowMeTheMankey - [PR]ShowMeTheMankey - GMT+1
04. Rairyan - Rairyan - GMT
05. dragonuser - dragonuser - GMT-5 (EST)
06. John Wallrein - J dubz - GMT-5 (EST)
07. Eranu™ - Eranu - GMT+2
08. Aenea - Aenea - GMT+1
09. Rockstar - [MR] Rockstar - GMT-4
10. BL44ZT3HPR0 - [drac]blaaz - GMT-5
11. illogical Enigma - illogical Enigma - GMT-4
12. Extroph - [MisteR]E-X - GMT-4
13. Scubasteve23 - Scubasteve23 - GMT-6 (CST)
14. Pokemazter3001 - Pokemazter - GMT-6 (CST)
15. TheMaster - The[M]exican/The[M]aster - GMT-6 (CST)
16. Trollmonchan - trollmonchan - GMT
17. D. Gray Man - D. Gray Man - GMT
18. TerraWolf - Gary ____ Oak - GMT-4
19. TrollFreak - TrollFreak - GMT-5
20. SoMaPoKiTo - [TPL]Zombie Sunkern - GMT-6
21. metroid78 - metroid1 - GMT-4
22. woebegonenick - TL Nick - GMT-5 (EST)
23. Trickster44 - [MR]Trickster44 - GMT-5
24. jirachiuser1 - Clueless - GMT-6
25. Phoopes - Phoopes - GMT-4
26. Barbeller - Barbeller - GMT
27. Sietse23 - Epicnameisepic (or something with S23) - GMT+1
28. Albyness - [MR]alby - GMT+1
29. Bobjoe5000 - [TEG]Bobyjoe, [Drac]Bobyjoe or [PPP]Bobyjoe - GMT-6
30. Dark Knight lolz - rollDK[lol] - GMT-5
31. entrawarrior - Zeni - GMT-3
32. kuja20 - Akai - GMT
Commonly Asked Question
Q: My opponent is inactive? What do I do to avoid disqualification?
A: If you have PM'd your opponent and they do not respond, mark your activity by PMing/VMing me and/or posting on this thread so we can see you are the more active of the two.
Q: I'm going to be away for the first few days of Round One. What can I do to avoid being subbed out?
A: Not sign up.
Q: Why must all the battles be done on Pokemon Online?
A: It keeps all battles consistent, and all PO battles are logged, which will settle any disputes.
The Most Important Thing
I want this to be an active tournament, and do not want anyone quitting. This tournament will probably last until the end of July. I want all participants to be able to participate in at least two battles weekly max, as PO battles are really not that time consuming. I really want this tournament to move along at a good and high-beat pace, so please don't mind me if I am a little pushy.
Round of 32
Bold Blue = qualified for Sweet 16, clinched Top Seed in Group
Blue = qualified for Sweet 16
Red = disqualified
Yellow = lost claim to Sweet 16 (battle record calculation)
1. Usurping Bark (2-0-1) - 4 pts
2. Trollmonchan (3-0-0) - 6 pts
3. TerraWolf (0-0-3) - 0 pts
4. Dark Knight lolz (1-0-2) - 2 pts
Usurping Bark v Trollmonchan - Results: Trollmonchan, 0-4
TerraWolf v Dark Knight lolz - Results: DK, tentative activity win - liable to change
Usurping Bark v Dark Knight lolz - Results: Usurping Bark, 5-0
TerraWolf v Trollmonchan - Results: Trollmonchan
TerraWolf v Usurping Bark - Results: Usurping Bark, 4-6
Trollmonchan v Dark Knight lolz - Results: Trollmonchan
1. SoMaPoKiTo (1-0-2) - 2 pts
2. TheMaster (3-0-0) - 6 pts
3. geomese (0-0-3) - 0 pts
4. woebegonenick (2-0-1) - 4 pts
geomese v TheMaster - Results: Master
SoMaPoKiTo v woebegonenick - Results: woebegonenick 0-2
geomese v SoMaPoKiTo - Results: SoMaPoKiTo 0-3
TheMaster v woebegonenick - Results: TheMaster 2-0
geomese v woebegonenick - Results: woebegonenick, 2-0
TheMaster v SoMaPoKiTo - Results: TheMaster 4-0
1. ShowMeTheMankey (3-0-0) - 6 pts
2. Pokemazter3001 (2-0-1) - 4 pts
3. metroid78 (0-0-3) - 0 pts
4. Trickster44 (1-0-2) - 2 pts
ShowMeTheMankey v Pokemazter3001 - Results: Mankey, 2-0
metroid78 v Trickster44 - Results: Trickster44 0-3
ShowMeTheMankey v Trickster44 - Results: Mankey, 4-0
metroid78 v Pokemazter3001 - Results: Pokemaz, 6-1
ShowMeTheMankey v metroid78 - Results: Mankey, 4-0
Pokemazter3001 v Trickster44 - Results: Pokemazter, 2-0
1. Rairyan (2-1-0) - 5 pts
2. Scubasteve23 (0-0-1) - 0 pts
3. D. Gray Man (1-1-0) - 3 pts
4. Barbeller (0-0-2) - 0 pts
Rairyan v Scubasteve23 - Results: Rairyan, 4-0
D. Gray Man v Barbeller- Results: D. Gray, 3-0
Rairyan v D. Gray Man - Results: Tied, 1-0
Scubasteve23 v Barbeller - Results: -
Rairyan v Barbeller - Results: Rairyan, 5-0
Scubasteve23 v D. Gray Man - Results: -
1. Phoopes (2-0-1) - 4 pts
2. Extroph (2-0-1) - 4 pts (Gave spot in Sweet 16 up)
3. Bobjoe5000 (0-0-3) - 0 pts
4. dragonuser (2-0-1) - 4 pts
dragonuser v Extroph - Results: dragonuser, 4-0
Phoopes v Bobjoe5000 - Results: Phoops, default
dragonuser v Phoopes - Results: Phoopes, 0-2
Extroph v Bobjoe5000 - Results: Extroph, default
dragonuser v Bobjoe5000 - Results: dragonuser 6-0
Extroph v Phoopes - Results: Extroph, 2-0
1. Sietse23 (2-0-1) - 4 pts
2. illogical Enigma (0-0-3) - 0 pts
3. John Wallrein (2-0-1) - 4 pts
4. Albyness (2-0-1) - 4 pts
John Wallrein v illogical Enigma - Results: JW
Sietse23 v Albyness- Results: Albyness, 0-5
John Wallrein v Sietse23 - Results: Sietse, 0-2
Albyness v illogical Enigma - Results: Albyness, 6-0
John Wallrein v Albyness - Results: JW
Sietse23 v illogical Enigma - Results: Sietse23, 6-0
1. jirachiuser1 (3-0-0) - 6 pts
2. BL44ZT3HPR0 (0-0-3) - 0 pts
3. Eranu™ (1-0-2) - 2 pts
4. entrawarrior (2-0-1) - 4 pts
Eranu v BL44ZT3HPR0 - Results: Eranu 4-2
jirachiuser1 v entrawarrior- Results: jirachiuser
BL44ZT3HPR0 v jirachiuser1 - Results: jirachiuser
entrawarrior v Eranu - Results: entrawarrior 4-0
BL44ZT3HPR0 v entrawarrior1 - Results: entrawarrior, activity default
Eranu v jirachiuser1 - Results: jirachiuser
1. kuja20 (2-0-1) - 4 pts
2. Rockstar (1-0-2) - 2 pts
3. Aenea (1-1-1) - 3 pts
4. TrollFreak (1-1-1) - 3 pts
Aenea v Rockstar - Results: Aena, 2-0
TrollFreak v kuja20- Results: kuja20, 0-4
Aenea v kuja20 - Results: kuja20, 0-2
TrollFreak v Rockstar - Results: -
Aenea v TrollFreak - Results: Draw, 0-1 - TrollFreak moves to next round as a result of the advantage in this draw.
Rockstar v kuja20 - Results: Rockstar 4-0
MATCHES DEADLINE: June 1st, 2012 (12:00 EST)
Round of 16
D. Gray Man