View Poll Results: How high of a level have you gotten in Voltorb Flip?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll

16 10.96%

25 17.12%

30 20.55%

15 10.27%

20 13.70%

17 11.64%

27 18.49%

10 6.85%

2 1.37%
  • 10 or higher... if thats possible

8 5.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Voltorb Flip

I tend to take a lot of time on one level and I try to make good use of the markers. I've only ever gotten to level 3 though xD
    To always have confidence, to always believe, to always be ready and willing. This is what it means to be... Serperior.

My Heartgold team:

The highest I've gotten was level 2 sadly. I've been improving more at it and having more of a strategy.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.

I remember getting to Level 3.
    I'm just no good at luck based games with little strategy involved. I don't regret buying that Action Replay either, I would have spent months playing that game to get all the coins I wanted.

Oddly, I find the earlier levels mmuch more difficult. I think I just gain momentum after lvl 4 or so and eventually get unlucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I've never gotten past level 2, I'm afraid.

"i know how to use a sword!" - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

level 7. i hate it, that u cant just buy the coins like in D/P
    Hey guys, please sign up to my RPG The Archetype, we need more members!

Spoiler:- text:

I am a proud member of Join the fight.
    Credit goes to Avenger Angel for making the RP's awesome banner. Thanks Bron and Neo for the awesome RP

Highest I've gotten to is 6 and my god do I absolutely detest this horrific mini game. Why oh why did they replace the slot machine with this stupid game? I've spent the last 2 hours only making a little over 3k coins with some very infuriating moments where I end up getting a stupid voltorb. I much rather just mindlessly pull a lever while watching TV or reading something on the internet than having to think too much. I like to try and leave the thought intensive moments to the actual combat and not a fricken mini game just to try and obtain an Eevee. I would like to get the TM Ice Beam as well but I don't see that happening since it requires 10k coins. Yikes, that would be like 8 hours of constant play time of this terrible game for me.

Voltorb Flip is so difficult if you don't know how to do it. There are several guides around, but I've never used one. I've gotten to level 3. I honestly don't like it, it isn't fun. I suppose if you like it, that's awesome! My friend Tanya has gotten to level 10, she's ridiculously good at it. I wish they would bring back a game corner. Maybe not like a gambling type, but like the mini games from FireRed and LeafGreen like the jump rope and Dodrio berry picking.
    My Shines (Gifts/GTS, some RE): -Lucky, -Pichu, -Raichu, - Vileplume, -Bellera, -Hunbro, -Entei, - Darunia, -Burning, -Mew, -Flybea, - Azumarill, -Weavile, -Arceus, - Blaxorus, -Janine, -Swampert, -O'kee, -Purple, -Suicune, -Raikou, -Furret, -Blupo, -Charming (first random encounter on Black), -Blingblang, -Tempos, -Whiscash, -Rueben and Rubri, -Goragal, -Starmie, -Porygon-Z, -Athena, -Jim Bo, -Pinkeye (first ever shiny encounter on Emerald).

Level four. I want to get ice beam so I can teach it to my Slowpoke, but it ain't half time consuming. I am however damn determined to do it (I'm currently just over halfway to getting 10k)

I've gotten to level 8 at best, I don't like it that much since it's so irritating but I just can't stop playing!

Alright here's a strategy. It's not fool proof, but it works alright I managed to get to level 7 a couple of times. I've spent a lot of time playing with plenty of infuriating moments and I've gotten enough coins to buy 2x thunderbolt, 1x ice beam and 1x flamethrower so far.

Step 1: Flip the lines with no voltorbs

Step 2: If the number of points and Voltorbs together equal five you don't need to bother with this line, mark the cards in these lines with both the circle and the one unless you're sure what is under there.

Step 3: Look for the low risk points. Once you find the 2 or three card in a line and the rest can be filled out with voltobrs and 1s to reach the points it's supposed to have, there's nothing left to get, mark the cards off with a circle and 1.

Hi. I spent the last two days writing a program that tells which square to flip once we give it the informations about the number of voltorbs per row/column and the sum of coins per row/column. It's a Python script, so you'll need to have Python (2.7, not 3) installed to run it. You can also modify the script if you'd like to, I don't mind. You can download it here: http://dansuncoin.free.fr/voltorbflip.htm

I hope this helps. =)

Quote Originally Posted by skedar View Post
    Hi. I spent the last two days writing a program that tells which square to flip once we give it the informations about the number of voltorbs per row/column and the sum of coins per row/column. It's a Python script, so you'll need to have Python (2.7, not 3) installed to run it. You can also modify the script if you'd like to, I don't mind. You can download it here: http://dansuncoin.free.fr/voltorbflip.htm

I hope this helps. =)
    I don't believe I have Python, so I can't run the script. In general terms, I don't think any program can perfectly predict what to do. I know I've been foiled many times at the end of a game when I have to choose between a 50/50 square at the 4 intersections of 2 rows and 2 columns. There may be some rules I don't know about, though.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

You're right about one thing, it's impossible to predict perfectly what to do. Though, unlike a dice, it's rarely 50/50, even at 4 intersections of 2 rows and 2 columns. The probabilities are not equally distributed. Some statistical analysis can lead to better results than a random choice.

But yeah, sure, it still would not be perfect. =) It's random anyway.

There are some programs that are easier to use than mine, they don't require to install anything and they run online (http://esper.vacau.com/voltorb/ or http://voltorbflip.lanowen.com/). Their statistical analysis of any given situation is faster than on my program, though apparently less accurate and reliable. It might help anyway if one needs to quickly get some coins. =)
    Last edited by skedar; 1st November 2012 at 11:32 AM.

Speaking of programs, I just made a website to help people with Voltorb Flip. It solves as much as possible for you and tries to make the best guesses when guessing is necessary.

http://www.voltorbflip.com/

Hopefully some people can find this useful.
    Last edited by Masky; 2nd November 2012 at 9:40 PM.

I can't get past level 2... I don't really like Voltorb Flip, so I don't play it ever -_-

KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique

Trainer Info / Wants
        Spoiler:- clicky here:

Use Wolveram as a referrer if you do join!!!!
    Credit goes to pkmnfn for the Ho-Oh bar

Quote Originally Posted by THEIRONDONUT View Post
    level 7. i hate it, that u cant just buy the coins like in D/P
    Or the older games, but the prizes aren't THAT important XD nya~

I can't even get past level 2. It's almost impossible to get far in this game... Good thing I have a japanese Soulsliver so I can use the slot machines to get the prizes.

If anyone is having problems do what he said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mera View Post
    Step 1: Flip the lines with no voltorbs

Step 2: If the number of points and Voltorbs together equal five you don't need to bother with this line, mark the cards in these lines with both the circle and the one unless you're sure what is under there.

Step 3: Look for the low risk points. Once you find the 2 or three card in a line and the rest can be filled out with voltobrs and 1s to reach the points it's supposed to have, there's nothing left to get, mark the cards off with a circle and 1.
    I figured this strategy out in the first minute of playing it, it works seeing as how im at level 7 and counting.

Actually I'm a she

I only got as high as three, to my recollection. I'm quite frankly terrible at this game and played it only when I had absolutely nothing else to do that wasn't entirely out of my way and time-consuming to perform.

If they were going to get rid of the slots, they should have at least kept in the coin purchase system. I don't see anything corrupt with it, so why did law changes have to give that the boot?

I don't know. Short story is that I liked the slot machines better.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

level seven but with cheating. derp.

“... even if the world line changes, as long as you don't forget me, i'm there.”
    myanimelist || hummingbird || vndb || tumblr || last.fm

Where are the slot machines when you need them?

MOST ANNOYING MINI GAME ever xD
    i always fail - sad face

I hate when you lose on your first try on a high level and get reset can't it only drag you down after you get at least one?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast