Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B/W & B/W2, Two Stories? Nope.

Post B/W & B/W2, Two Stories? Nope.

*One cannot simply assume that the story of B/W was better than B/W2 although B/W2 is better, The Story of B/W and B/W2 Are one as a whole, Divided in two games. With that being said the "story" of B/W is no different from B/W2 or vise-versa, Why? Maybe Because of it being part of it as direct sequel, Wich is why you need to play both games in order to have a complete understanding of the main story.*
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, Do you, Like me, Visualize the story of B/W and B/W2 as one main story? Or' as two completely separeted stories with irrelevant connections to eachother?

They're two entirely separate plots that share some antagonists. You can understand most of BW2 without having played BW1.

The events of BW1 have little bearing on BW2, they're completely independent plots.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    They're two entirely separate plots that share some antagonists. You can understand most of BW2 without having played BW1.
    so very true Although people will still say they are connected
    i face this alot with friends

3DS FC: 5000-3615-6054 IGN-Hyori
    MY BLACK FC: 4642 5240 8797
    My black2 FC 5415 8754 8627

I'm an event hunter If you've got events Pm me ,shinies welcome

I see BW1 connected to BW2 the same way that RB/LGFR is to GSC/HGSS. As Hilbert/Hilda/Red(/Leaf) you set in motion things that that would form parts of the story of Nate/Rosa/Ethan/Lyra. Red(/Leaf) shut down Team Rocket and became the Champ. Hilbert/Hilda stopped Team Plasma and did a few things

It's like The Hobbit connected to Lord of the Rings. I bet most of you see the LOTR movies/read the Books, and not read The Hobbit. BW2/GSC/HGSS/LOTR told you parts of the story that you needed to know for that game while not really spoiling the plot of the Previous "instalment".

One series of "books" that does this resonably well is known as the "Share Series" or official "Trader Tales" (actually Free Audiobooks : http://podiobooks.com/series/a-trade...solar-clipper/ ) written in a way you can enjoy one book on it's own, and reach a reasonable conclusion, and in later books the returning Characters get a small reintroduction. The First three books are set just after the other books, give or take a few hours or days. (Before anyone starts complaining that I'm linking to illegal Material, I am not. According to Dr Lowell himself, he gave Podiobooks the permission to host the Audiobook versions, before the Print Edition (now out of print) . Actually Owners Share was so popular it killed their servers.) I've listen to it a few times. None of the books are Cliff hanger closers, some episodes are.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

They're two separate plots, though they're connected to each other. Besides, B2W2's plot was terrible; even if they were trying to show how Team Plasma was decaying, either the translators messed up, or it was just bad from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchog View Post
    So, Do you, Like me, Visualize the story of B/W and B/W2 as one main story? Or' as two completely separeted stories with irrelevant connections to eachother?
    Why such excessively contrasting options? Can't the stories be connected (as they quite evidently are)?

I get what you are saying, but you can go into BW2 with little to no knowledge of BW and understand pretty well what is going on.

The stories of BW and BW2 are connected in the fact that the events of the prequel affect events of the sequel, yeah. They're not connected in that a player is able to understand the events of BW2 even when they haven't played BW yet, as many have already mentioned.

Having said this, I think it's the execution of BW and BW2's events that compel people to say that either BW or BW2's "story" is "better" than the other, whatever "execution" may mean to the individual player.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

it is good i like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    ^ Exactly. The stories are simply connected to each other. Knowing the story in BW gives you a better understanding of the story in BW2, but you can still understand it quite well without BW. You can also get a good idea of the background story by speaking with some of the NPCs.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

BW1 is a complete story and BW2 is a complete story. They're separate stories that are connected to each other (I thought that should have been obvious).

They are two separate stories, but they're connected at the same time. Thanks to Unova Link.
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

LOOKING FOR: Modest, 4/5 IV from Alpha Sapphire
    PM me for offers!! PLEASE!!

BW2 is way seperate. BW1 is Plasma before the split. BW2 is Plasma after the split. BW1 is the start of Cheren and Bianca, BW2 is where they ended up later in life. It's completely possible to understand BW2 without having played BW1 at all.
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

They are seperate stories, most people who've never BW have played B2 and W2, and still love the stories because they are complete without the player playing the first games. Now I have played White and W2, so this isn't me, but some people I know never played the originals and still had a kick as* time with the sequals.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

It really doesn't matter to 9 year old kids who will play a game without even caring about the story as long as they can play it until they get bored.

"Small but Brave! Keldeo the Hero!!"

3DS FC- 4141-3093-5467

FS- Flying Safari- Hawlucha,Woobat,Spearow

Please add me to your Friend Roster!

I always thought about that

They are just 2 stories entertwined.

Though BW's story was somewhat better.
    Why can't GF make a Great story that requires you to say...beat the E4 and see the credits roll Once and THEN save the world from whatever having the credits roll once again after foiling say Team Earths Plan. Kudos to those who understood the reference to a certain poke-************************************************** ***

the rest is censored so I don't infringe anything, hopefully.

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I look at them as two complimentary parts. Can you eat peanut butter alone? Sure. But chances are if you paired it with jelly, you would enjoy it even more.

Do you need to play one to understand the other? No, but you never have to do that with these games anyway. I mean is the true appeal of Pokemon the main story? I am going to go out on a limb here and say that Pokemon's appeal lies in a lot of it's replay value. Most times we slug through the main story to get to other points in the game. Is the main story enjoyable? Absolutely.

If you played BW2 but not B/W would you be missing out what was going on? Nah. Same thing goes for playing B/W but not playing the sequels.
    BW2 is a sequel, so it just gives you further insight on to what has been going in the world and how it has changed.
    But I do think if you played BW and then moved on to the sequels you would have a greater appreciation for the story and how the characters have developed since you saw them last.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

BW1 and BW2 are two separate, yet equally important parts of the Unova region's saga. Part 1 tells of the uprising and eventual defeat of Team Plasma, while part 2 details Team Plasma's rocky road to redemption. Each part can be enjoyed separately while ignorant of the other part, but playing both parts of the adventure dispels ignorance and provides enlightenment, thus deepening enjoyment.

I always prefer to play all sequels in a series. I don't like missing things such as important information, shocking revelations, and most importantly, in-depth backstories of fan-favorite characters. I do the same with movies--the fact that I haven't seen The Hobbit yet both frustrates and disappoints me, but hopefully I can see it this Tuesday if it's still in theatres by then.

B/W and B2/W2 are separate, but knowing the story of one helps you better understand the other one.

I also consider Gen V as one saga as a whole. BW is about Hilbert/Hilda beating Team Plasma to become the hero, and BW2 is about how Nate/Rosa and Hugh were caught up in Neo Plasma's activities while on their journey.

I feel that everything in Gen V hinges on the Reshiram-Zekrom battle at the end of BW. Memory Link also helps flesh out some characters a lot more.

I think they are separate

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

I think that tough one could play B2W2 without BW and enjoy it, it would be much better to play BW first for the ones who love great storylines. Altough in B2W2 the characters in common refer important parts of the previous plot, they are very vague when they do that... Seriously, if someone is reading this post right now and hasn't got any GenV game but is trying to decide between BW and B2W2 - please, I beg you to buy BW first, in order to get more used to the GenV storyline, as I cannot deny the fact it is a great one.
    Yes, I discovered the GB Sounds glitch! : video here

Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

Pearl FC: 2751-9028-8522
    Platinum FC: 3181-3995-0123
    SoulSilver FC: 0604-9190-1415
    Black FC: 1334-7065-6073
    White 2 FC: 0691-3271-0651

3DS FC: 1736-1030-9286

BW and BW2 are obviously different plots with several connections to each other. But it's still better if you could get used to BW's story first before proceeding onto BW2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast