Page 136 of 340 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 8476

Thread: Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Nice.

A or would better for her team.
    Ampharos should be on her team over those two.. or Flaffy they're both kind of feminine and Ampharos even bares a resemblance to her old outfit.

Yeah, I forgot about Denryu. It fits Kamitsure more than Dentula, at least.
    But being feminine doesn't mean much... Arty with a Hahakomori proves this (And that's why I think he will have a Beequen, other feminine Pokémon)

I've noticed...
    People forget that Skyla, who uses flying types, could have a Vullaby/Mandibuzz.

I think, the teams will be:
    Cheren:
    Lillipup
    Patrat (main)

Homika:
    Koffing (main)
    Trubbish

Burgh (or other):
    Whirlipede/Scolipede
    Leavanny
    Vespiquen (main)

Elesa:
    Emolga (yes, She should keep ONE Emolga)
    Flaffy/Ampharos
    Zebstrika (main?)
    Tynamo/Elektrik (main?)

Shizui:
    Simipour*
    Ludicolo
    Dewott/Samurott (main)

Clay:
    Excadrill
    Krockorok/Krookodile (main)
    Dugtrio
    Some other Pokemon

Skyla:
    Unfezant/Pidgeot
    Skarmory
    Braviary
    Mandibuzz (main)

Drayden/Iris:
    Dragonair
    Haxorus (main)
    Druddigon
    Shelgon

Also, what if Hihihiroshi (the japanese fan name for the rival) does a Gary/Blue where he becomes the Champion?
    Last edited by Z-man; 2nd June 2012 at 10:20 PM.
    My White Team:
    My White 2 Team:
    My Overall Team:

My youtube! Currently playing: Pokemon FireRed
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Gogeta1104?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by Z-man View Post
    I've noticed...
    People forget that Skyla, who uses flying types, could have a Vullaby/Mandibuzz.

Cheren:
    Lillipup
    Patrat (main)

Homika:
    Koffing (main)
    Trubbish

Burgh (or other):
    Whirlipede/Scolipede
    Leavanny
    Vespiquen (main)

Elesa:
    Flaffy/Ampharos
    Zebstrika (main?)
    Tynamo/Elektrik (main?)

Shizui:
    Simisage
    Ludicolo
    Dewott/Samurott (main)

Clay:
    Excadrill
    Dugtrio
    Some other Pokemon

Skyla:
    Unfezant/Pidgeot
    Skarmory
    Braviary
    Mandibuzz (main)

Drayden/Iris:
    Dragonair
    Haxorus (main)
    Druddigon
    Shelgon

Also, what if Hihihiroshi (the japanese fan name for the rival) does a Gary/Blue where he becomes the Champion?
    Simipour is the water monkey, Simisage is the grass one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    It would make sense, since he's a seasoned trainer, but his Patrat and Badge show he's really the first one.
    Plus, his Patrat is level 11, so.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-man View Post
    I've noticed...
    Or, people just don't like Vullaby.

Cheren:
    Lillipup
    Patrat (main)
    Patrat was the first sent out, meaning it's not his "main." The main is pretty much never the lead.

Homika:
    Koffing (main)
    Trubbish
    Same as above, the main is never the lead.

Burgh (or other):
    Whirlipede/Scolipede
    Leavanny
    Vespiquen (main)
    Since Burgh's Whirlipede was illegal in the first games, I highly doubt he'll have a Scolipede unless the levels of each Gym Leader are beefed up considerably.

Elesa:
    Flaffy/Ampharos
    Zebstrika (main?)
    Tynamo/Elektrik (main?)
    I feel like Zebstrika would be the main over Tynamo, but that's just me. (Actually, I'd prefer Ampharos be her main, but that's also just me.)

Shizui:
    Simisage
    Ludicolo
    Dewott/Samurott (main)
    Assuming you mean Simipour. Honestly, even though he's not a Leader this time around, I feel like Cress's main is Panpour, so it makes less sense for Shizui to use one. Also, unless they add a Fire-type Leader whose main is Emboar and a Grass-type Gym Leader whose main is Serperior, I don't think Shizui's main is going to be Dewott or Samurott.

Clay:
    Excadrill
    Dugtrio
    Some other Pokemon
    Isn't Excadrill his main?

Skyla:
    Unfezant/Pidgeot
    Skarmory
    Braviary
    Mandibuzz (main)
    This team is mostly impossible. Rufflet and Vullaby evolve into Braviary and Mandibuzz respectively at level 54. Again, unless levels are beefed up considerably (and in Skyla's case it'd be about twenty levels from BW), Braviary and Mandibuzz would be horribly illegitimate. I think it's more likely that she'd keep Swanna in the place of those two, and that those two would appear in a rematch team.

Drayden/Iris:
    Dragonair
    Haxorus (main)
    Druddigon
    Shelgon
    I personally dislike the overabundance of pseudo-Legendaries in this game, but that's just me.

That'd be seriously cool. I'm not sure why this isn't a more popular idea.

I don't like the idea of the rival becoming the champion for some reasons:

- I prefer men/women being the champion, like Daigo, Shirona and Adeku, over kids (Green). It is cooler and since I am not a kid anymore, it is easier to me to relate to them.
    - Repeating what already happened with other rival? Why?
    - I still wonder who was the champion who Green battled in RBY/FRLG.
    - Green is the character I like the least in the franchise, I wouldn't like to see people comparing the new rival with him.

- Repeating what already happened with other rival? Why?
    Well, I mean... why repeat what we've done since Gen II by having some random adult figure as the Champion?

- I still wonder who was the champion who Green battled in RBY/FRLG.
    I never actually thought of that. Huh. (S)He should show up in BW2

- Green is the character I like the least in the franchise, I wouldn't like to see people comparing the new rival with him.
    I really don't see how this would be a problem. People have already compared the two, but from what we know of the new rival by now, he's kind of like Barry (in that he's a friend of the player) and he's a caring older brother to a sister (who is apparently taken by Team Plasma at some point?). He's totally separate from Blue, and comparing the new rival with Blue wouldn't hurt the new rival's personality or anything. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Well, I mean... why repeat what we've done since Gen II by having some random adult figure as the Champion?
    Because it makes more sense? An adult have more experience, etc...

I never actually thought of that. Huh. (S)He should show up in BW2
    Yeah, she/he should. I guess Game Freak does not even remember that they didn't reveal the previous champion of Kanto region.

I really don't see how this would be a problem. People have already compared the two, but from what we know of the new rival by now, he's kind of like Barry (in that he's a friend of the player) and he's a caring older brother to a sister (who is apparently taken by Team Plasma at some point?). He's totally separate from Blue, and comparing the new rival with Blue wouldn't hurt the new rival's personality or anything. :S
    People have already compared the two? o.O wow, what I see is people comparing he with Silver, even the color scheme of them is similar.

It is not a problem in general. Only to me, because like I said, I can't stand Green and his arrogance. You see, people treat Green as the deus ex machina of the Pokémon World, but he isn't even the strongest trainer of Kanto to begin with. Oh well, I am going offtopic with this.
    Last edited by Nyarlathotep; 1st June 2012 at 9:24 PM. Reason: typo

Experience does not always come with age. A 10 year old could be more experienced than a 20 year old. You are just biased at children being champions, admit it.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 1st June 2012 at 9:41 PM.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Not in the Pokemon world, it doesn't. Experience doesn't really matter much with Pokemon Trainers. Age is obviously helpful, but each game shows that the best trainer in the world is always a child (or adolescent): the player character. Besides, I was mostly arguing that if the problem with BW2's rival being Champion was that it was repeating what had been done before, than repeating what's been done since Gen II would be simply atrocious.

People have already compared the two? o.O wow, what I see is people comparing he with Silver, even the color scheme of them is similar.
    It's because when we only had his art to go off of, he looked slightly evil, and possibly just a bad-*** type. So, people assumed his personality would be a little more cold or jerk-ish, making him like Blue.

@Grei: Yeah, you have a point, the PC becomes the champion in every game, but they are clearly special cases. You see, almost all Gym Leaders, E4s and Champions are adults or young adults. The reason for this is pretty obvious. Can a kid become a Pokémon master? Absolutely, but if this task were so easy to accomplish, all the games would have a lot of kids as Pokémon masters.

Talking about champions, my wishes for this position are: Renbu, N, Touya/Touko or Adeku again.

Or if they want to put a kid as the champion again, I'd rather see Iris in this position.

I really hope Homika gets a Scolopide to go along with that koffing. I really don't want an easy gym battle.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I really hope Homika gets a Scolopide to go along with that koffing. I really don't want an easy gym battle.
    Scoliepde at gym 2? No thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    Scoliepde at gym 2? No thank you.
    but Gardenia has a Roserade at gym 2.

but Gardenia has a Roserade at gym 2.
    Roserade has a terrible movepool if you evolve it early on. Scolipede can outrun pretty much anything that early in-game and it has good attack as well.

Roserade has a terrible movepool if you evolve it early on. Scolipede can outrun pretty much anything that early in-game and it has good attack as well.
    Well Roserade could pretty much out-speed anything as well and it had high special attack They could always make Scolipedes it's move-pool crappy as well.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 1st June 2012 at 10:02 PM.

This, Scolipede is too much a Whirlipede and Koffing or a Trubbish and Koffing would be just fine for her.

I suggest using two vs two, no type advantage, no using items of any kind in battle, I'd assume all that could give you a hard time for the battle, after all battles are as easy or hard as you make them.

If she's going to have Venoshock then I'm sure she'll be even harder to beat, just make sure you don't use a Magnemite.

EDIT: Also, having Pokemon around the same level(Preferably lower) would do wonders probably.
    Last edited by gliscor&yanmega; 1st June 2012 at 9:54 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Well if not a Scolipede then at least a Wheezing or a Seviper would fit well.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    I suggest using two vs two, no type advantage, no using items of any kind in battle, I'd assume all that could give you a hard time for the battle, after all battles are as easy or hard as you make them.

If she's going to have Venoshock then I'm sure she'll be even harder to beat, just make sure you don't use a Magnemite.

EDIT: Also, having Pokemon around the same level(Preferably lower) would do wonders probably.
    Truth is I kinda do already make it hard for myself and it was still really easy. The only gym leaders that gave me trouble in the original Black/White was Lenora and Elesa. I never once had a problem with Skyla, Brycen, Drayden/Iris no matter what my team was.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 1st June 2012 at 10:06 PM.

Well if not a Scolipede then at least a Wheezing or a Seviper would fit well.
    Weezing would be hard to take down at the 2nd gym... Seviper would be alright maybe.

Weezing would be hard to take down at the 2nd gym... Seviper would be alright maybe.
    That's kinda the point...To make it hard. It's not like I am asking for like a Garchomp on the second gym, now that would be over-kill lol

That's kinda the point...To make it hard. It's not like I am asking for like a Garchomp on the second gym, now that would be over-kill lol
    lol Yeah I know. Her gym would be easy if you use Magnemite... Weezing's defensive stats are 65/120/70 @.@

To me is pretty obvious that she will have a and a

lol Yeah I know. Her gym would be easy if you use Magnemite... Weezing's defensive stats are 65/120/70 @.@
    Heck who knows they might give you a psychic type like Ralts or something to so you can have an advantage against her gym.

Heck who knows they might give you a psychic type like Ralts or something to so you can have an advantage against her gym.
    I hope so >w< I love Ralts... Well it's at least available in the Dream Radar. Good thing I have a 3DS...

Page 136 of 340 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast