Page 296 of 340 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306 ... LastLast
Results 7,376 to 7,400 of 8476

Thread: Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I guess. But not everybody wants to evolve or breed Pokémon (which is arguably their fault).
    Well too bad for them, then. You can't expect 649 Pokemon to be showcased over the course of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Words of wisdom: Don't underestimate Cheren when your only teammate is an Azurill...
    Interestingly enough, I beat the whole Aspertia gym with Azurill alone.

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

Marlon was nothing too special, but he wasn't a bad boss fight. Jellicent was a cool addition and actually made this a slight struggle! In general, though, I think his gym was rougher than he was, but a lot of that was just due to high HP/defense and basically being starved of energy a little.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Well too bad for them, then. You can't expect 649 Pokemon to be showcased over the course of the game.
    Yeah, that's true.

Something I've noticed with the gym leader order is that the type of any one gym has a type matchup relationship with the previous gym relatively less and less often now.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

My challenge mode drayden battle was Drayden was too smart for his own good XD. I started out with Drapion vs Druddigon, I started hone clawing for a sweep only to be nailed with dragon tail after 3 boosts After Drapion got dragon tailed out, volcarona was sent, I signal beamed druddigon taking out 40% or so, Druddigon then nailed volc with rock slide, an OHKO. I sent out mienshao and revenged with jump kick. He switched in Altaria as I sent in drapion again. I misclicked and hit crunch while altaria sung me to sleep. The dragon cotton guarded twice while I slept. I then woke up and used hone claws while the dragon sung again and missed. I hit it with ice fang dealing only 15% or so. Then hax struck and altaria froze. I got in another hit with ice fang, then drayden switched Altaria out for flygon, who got nailed with ice fang in the process, OHKOing it. Altaria was then sent back, freeze cured thanks to natural cure. Too bad the cotton guard boost was gone. Boosted ice fang OHKO. Final mon was haxorus. I knew he could outspeed and I prayed that the guy wouldn’t earthquake. He used dragon tail instead, in a remarkable haxxing of the haxorus my ice fang went first AND froze the beast. I finished Drayden off with a second ice fang. I didn’t even need Starmie and misszard :P.

Yeah, that's true.

Something I've noticed with the gym leader order is that the type of any one gym has a type matchup relationship with the previous gym relatively less and less often now.
    *thinks through the gym order for 5 minutes*

Seems like more of a coincidence, except maybe in Kanto.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Yeah.

Johto - Flying > Bug, Normal != Ghost, Fighting != Ghost, Fighting > Steel, Steel > Ice, Ice > Dragon.
    Hoenn - Rock < Fighting, (Electric, Fire, Normal, Flying, Psychic, Water).
    Sinnoh Pt - Rock < Grass, Fighting != Ghost, Steel is not very effective to Water, Steel > Ice, (Electric).
    Unova BW - (Fire/Grass/Water, Normal, Bug), Ground > Electric, Ground != Flying, Ice > Flying, Dragon > Ice.

Yeah.

Johto - Flying > Bug, Normal != Ghost, Fighting != Ghost, Fighting > Steel, Steel > Ice, Ice > Dragon.
    Sinnoh Pt - Rock < Grass, Fighting != Ghost, Steel is not very effective to Water, Steel > Ice, (Electric).
    Unova BW - (Fire/Grass/Water, Normal, Bug), Ground > Electric, Ground != Flying, Ice > Flying, Dragon > Ice.
    Oh. Well that's to be expected, considering how intricately related the type chart is.

Oh. Well that's to be expected, considering how intricately related the type chart is.
    Yeah, I guess. There are only so many types that are super effective and not very effective against any one type.

Just beat Marlon on CM and holy hell I was not expecting what he did. besides being a gangsta and all if ya know what I mean.

My team

Magnezone-52
    Starmie-50
    Volcarona-49
    Flygon-50
    Drapion-50
    Mienshao-50

So i started out with magnezone vs wailord, only for the whale to use earthquake, taking out my floating magnet in one shot. Then I sent out mienshao and jump kicked for 65% or so. He retalia6ted with a critical hit on scald, which my poor mienshao could not survive. Next came volcarona who put my 10 shards to good use by killing the mighty whale with giga drain. Next came carracosta, I GDd again, only for sturdy to save the turtle and my bug to be slain by yet another gym leader rockslide. Flygon avenged Volc by putting his own giga drain to use. Next up came mantine where I stalled with starmie until I could revive magnezone and send it back out. A volt switch took out the mantine in one. Final battle was jellicent vs Drapion. Drapion outsped and crunched for 70% he then tanked a 40% sclad like a boss and finished with crunch.

THIS GYM IS IN NO WAY A MAGNEZONE STRAIGHT SWEEP GUYS!

my marlon experience.

Yeah.

Yeah I agree, Kanto and maybe Johto seem deliberate but the other regions seem to only have that because most types are linked together in the type chart.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Yeah.

Sinnoh seemed kind of related, but Hoenn has nothing like that at all.

Had a close battle against Drayden using Aggron, Krookodile, and Gligar. Came down to Gligar with little health left and managed to get an Acrobatics in to knock Haxorus out. I like that the trainers focused on certain things(Attack, Defense, Triple Battle, Rotation Battle), as well as some using items. I was a little under-leveled too, 45/46 for the three of them.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Did Elesa's Zebstrika have Volt Switch in BW1? I defeated her on my first try but she took down 5/6 of my team, mostly using Volt Switch for every attack except for when she couldn't use Electric types against Trapinch. Once again she's the most difficult so far.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Did Elesa's Zebstrika have Volt Switch in BW1? I defeated her on my first try but she took down 5/6 of my team, mostly using Volt Switch for every attack except for when she couldn't use Electric types against Trapinch. Once again she's the most difficult so far.
    Yes, all of her team had Volt Switch

The TM she gave out was Volt Switch. Of course her signature Pokemon would have it

I still need to rebattle the E4 on CM. I already beat everyone else(except the N season battles). Alder was a joke. So was Marlon. My Galvantula OHKOed his wailord with thunder. Funny that my shiny emboar(traded from bw) beat his carracosta with arm thrust. Mantine was a joke thanks to Galvantula. Jellicent got cursed body on my Zangoose's shadow claw which made him useless against it(he had strength, ice punch and close combat left) so I switched to Sigilyph and took it out with shadow ball.

So the gym leaders I had trouble with in CM were Cheren(due to hax) and Burgh( aerial ace literally shocked me)

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    The TM she gave out was Volt Switch. Of course her signature Pokemon would have it
    Except Skyla because for some reason the majority of birds didn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Swoobat is the only one to learn Acrobatics in the gym battle iirc.However in the World Tournament, Jumpluff and Archeops learn Acrobatics.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    That reminds me of Fantina where only her Haunter/Gengar would have Shadow Claw

Sinnoh seemed kind of related, but Hoenn has nothing like that at all.
    I think Hoenn's was a deliberate stop to the gym type order shenanigan, whereas Sinnoh's was just coincidental. Unova's, on the other hand, seemed deliberate.

I think Hoenn's was a deliberate stop to the gym type order shenanigan, whereas Sinnoh's was just coincidental. Unova's, on the other hand, seemed deliberate.
    Yeah. That's what always happens. Fiction always decides to put a stop to the typical formula, then pay homage to it later on

Yeah. That's what always happens. Fiction always decides to put a stop to the typical formula, then pay homage to it later on
    I'm not sure if Unova's gym leader order was intended to be an homage rather than just be a part of the standard "reboot" of the Pokémon series that people claim it to be.

I completely murdered Cheren with Riolu + Counter.

Game Freak, this is why you should have let me start with Challenge Mode. Not everyone has a second DS and a completed Black 2 game... Seeing as I have White 2, this means I'll never have access to Challenge Mode ever. You suck, Game Freak.

Really praying that the rest of the Gyms aren't as pathetically easy as Cheren was...
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

I'm not sure if Unova's gym leader order was intended to be an homage rather than just be a part of the standard "reboot" of the Pokémon series that people claim it to be.
    Well, Generation V isn't a reboot, so it is most likely just one of the various homages to the first two generations.

Page 296 of 340 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306 ... LastLast