Page 298 of 340 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,450 of 8476

Thread: Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I think what they should've done was taken out one of the earlier gyms (maybe Burgh, Elesa, Clay, or Skyla, those 4 are way too bunched together) and put a Dark type gym in Lacunosa Town. There's definitely inconsistent pacing with the gyms in this game, gyms 3-6 are right next to each other, but the 7th gym is like, 4 towns away.
    Odd, I really the large gym gaps. Like in Pt, after Byron the route to Sunyshore was very long. You had Route 216/7 which was one of the longest treks in all of pokemon. After Candace came, the drama with the lakes, the Galatic hideout and the ascent of Mt. Coronet. It really makes the region feel very large.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

just got game beat cheren after loseing once, his patrat had 3 critical hits on me and killed me loveing it so far yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    Odd, I really the large gym gaps. Like in Pt, after Byron the route to Sunyshore was very long. You had Route 216/7 which was one of the longest treks in all of pokemon. After Candace came, the drama with the lakes, the Galatic hideout and the ascent of Mt. Coronet. It really makes the region feel very large.
    It's not the long gap specifically that I hate, quite the contrary, it's that right before it, pretty much all of the other gyms are the next town over and now suddenly this gym is miles away (not to mention the gym after it isn't terribly far away). Can you say "bad pacing"?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

It's not the long gap specifically that I hate, quite the contrary, it's that right before it, pretty much all of the other gyms are the next town over and now suddenly this gym is miles away (not to mention the gym after it isn't terribly far away). Can you say "bad pacing"?
    I suppose. I've yet to play BW2, so I'll have to see how it all plays before I can say whether it's a welcome change of pace or poorly done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Agreed. After that long trek to the 7th gym, it was so weird for the 8th gym to be so close to it.

Maybe someday we'll get a Dark type gym...

Or, y'know, real life. Cities aren't placed in exact distances away from each other.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Opelucid isnt really that far from Mistralton It's just that twist mountain just HAD to be closed off so you had to take the long way around.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Opelucid isnt really that far from Mistralton It's just that twist mountain just HAD to be closed off so you had to take the long way around.
    Well yeah, but that's not relevant. What matters is that you have to travel a long way to get there.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Okay WHAT THE FREAKING HELL?

How could a level 62 chandelure outspeed my timid level 60 starmie?!

Yeah, there is kind of a huge gap, and it's really, really annoying. It screws the pacing hard.

Anyway, the Elite Four were not too bad. Marshal was harder than Iris, though. Might have been my team. Leavanny basically mopped everyone, though, but since the only Flying attack I had was Aerial Ace, with no psychic attacks at all... yeah.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

I just beat Cheren. He wasn't difficult, though I can see this not being the case if he ever managed to set up two Work Ups. It's a dangerous move so early in the game, especially on Lillipup.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    Anyway, the Elite Four were not too bad. Marshal was harder than Iris, though. Might have been my team. Leavanny basically mopped everyone, though, but since the only Flying attack I had was Aerial Ace, with no psychic attacks at all... yeah.
    Is Marshal any harder in BW2? I mean, he has the same Pokemon as in BW1, just at higher levels. He was definitely the hardest for me in BW1 thanks to the nuisance of an ability that is Sturdy (plus he tends to waste his Full Restores on Sawk each time I beat him down), but it also might have been because the only thing I had that had an advantage against him was Archeops.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Okay WHAT THE FREAKING HELL?

How could a level 62 chandelure outspeed my timid level 60 starmie?!
    its scarfed.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Is Marshal any harder in BW2? I mean, he has the same Pokemon as in BW1, just at higher levels. He was definitely the hardest for me in BW1 thanks to the nuisance of an ability that is Sturdy (plus he tends to waste his Full Restores on Sawk each time I beat him down), but it also might have been because the only thing I had that had an advantage against him was Archeops.
    He was just as easy as in BW1 when I battled him.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

I find Marshal to be just as tedious to defeat in BW2 as in BW1. Not necessarily easier, because of the reason you state, but just as tedious.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Defeated Marlon yesterday. Lost maybe one more time after my first lost, still ended up being a close call, Jellicent's Recover was the problem really.

I have to finish dealing with Team Plasma now(Defeated Colress so far), then I'll be taking on the Elite Four then Iris. After that's done I'll start my White 2 on Challenge Mode.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I just defeated Drayden... I lost once, even with Keldeo in my team. On other hand, in the second time I battled him, I defeated three of his four Pokémon with Flygon alone... I have no idea why he kept using crunch and rock slide instead of dragon moves in my Pokémon. Anyway, it was the easiest Gym battle up to now, even though I lost once =P

And oh, with Blaziken in my team, Zenzolin and the Shadow Triad were a quite easy too.

I just defeated the Elite 4 not to long ago. The battles were easy, due to my Pokemon being at really high levels. Serperior on level 70. The rooms are amazing, it's too cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    I just defeated Drayden... I lost once, even with Keldeo in my team. On other hand, in the second time I battled him, I defeated three of his four Pokémon with Flygon alone... I have no idea why he kept using crunch and rock slide instead of dragon moves in my Pokémon. Anyway, it was the easiest Gym battle up to now, even though I lost once =P

And oh, with Blaziken in my team, Zenzolin and the Shadow Triad were a quite easy too.
    Drayden's Pokemon only know Dragon Tail as a Dragon move(Except Altaria who has Dragon Pulse), and that has a -6 Speed Priority. Doesn't have much options. Did Flygon oneshot them? If so then the AI might have known Drayden's Pokemon would get knock out(Or something, not sure if AI is "psychic" or not). Although if it didn't oneshot then it would have made more sense to use Dragon Tail.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Drayden's Pokemon only know Dragon Tail as a Dragon move(Except Altaria who has Dragon Pulse), and that has a -6 Speed Priority. Doesn't have much options. Did Flygon oneshot them? If so then the AI might have known Drayden's Pokemon would get knock out(Or something, not sure if AI is "psychic" or not). Although if it didn't oneshot then it would have made more sense to use Dragon Tail.
    Actually no. Flygon 2HKO two of his Pokémon and 3HKO Druddigon.
    It was like this:

> Flygon used Dragonbreath.
    > Druddigon used Crunch
    > Druddigon ate the sitrus berry.
    > Druddigon used Crunch.

> Altaria was paralyzed
    > Altaria can't move blahblah

> Drayden's Flygon used Rock Slide.

> Haxorus used Dragon Tail
    > Flygon fainted.

And oh, if I am not mistaken, Druddigon used Dragon Claw in my first match against Drayden.
    So he had plenty of dragon moves to use against me.

I'm currently Grinding like there's no tomorrow before I challenge Drayden. My highest leveled Pokemon is my Level 46 Serperior... I still have my Muk at 41, and I need to get them in the Fifities. I'll trade my team to my white real quick and quickly Audino grind there.

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

When you guys said that Roxie sings, I thought you meant like speech bubble talk singing.

I did not know you meant actual singing. Oh my freaking god. There are proper audible vocals in a pokemon game.

I literally turned up the volume and ran around thrusting the DS in my family's faces and shrieking 'the gym leader is SINGING!!!'. Happy days
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    When you guys said that Roxie sings, I thought you meant like speech bubble talk singing.

I did not know you meant actual singing. Oh my freaking god. There are proper audible vocals in a pokemon game.

I literally turned up the volume and ran around thrusting the DS in my family's faces and shrieking 'the gym leader is SINGING!!!'. Happy days
    Yes, it is a very nice addition, though the Japanese version is much better. There's no enthusiasm when she sings "Pokémon!", and they also cut the "1, 2, 3, 4!" intro for no apparent reason.

So far I have only beaten 5 of the 8 gym leaders.

Cheren was super annoying in my run of Black 2 (Oshawott and Riolu); had to restart about 5 times. Only took one try to beat him in White 2.
    Roxie wasn't as bad, and I don't believe I had trouble with her in both versions.
    Burgh: Easy.
    Elesa; surprisingly easy. Although I felt lucky in Black 2. Only took one attempt in both Black 2 and White 2. Leafeon was my only team member left in Black 2, when her team had damaged taken. He made it through alive and took down all three! In White 2, Magmar and Trapinch took care of her Pokemon like pancakes. Loved her gym by the way.
    Clay: Easy for both versions, although made it out pretty lucky. I got a critical hit and landed Swagger with Krokorok on Excadrill, and she took him out. Everything else (Sandslash and Krokorok) were cake. Same went pretty well in White 2.

I bet Skyla will be a sweep as well. I fear Drayden though. Marlon has me excited because my team will be fully strong by then.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

IMO all the gyms are easy in Black 2 except maybe Cheren.

Page 298 of 340 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308 ... LastLast