Page 169 of 340 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 8476

Thread: Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Flaaffy isn't a feminine Pokémon...

Quote Originally Posted by flygonabsol99 View Post
    I don't think Flaafy is all that feminine. It doesn't match Elesa to me, except for the fluffy arm things in the new pic.

Am I the only one who noticed Elesa's hair dye? It looks kinda nice to me.
    It certainly doesn't scream "masculine" either. I'm sure most would think of it being feminine, what with the Pink and it's wool being rather stylish.

Elesa being a model having a Pokemon that has wool which is used to make clothing seem very fitting in my opinion.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by flygonabsol99 View Post
    I don't think Flaafy is all that feminine. It doesn't match Elesa to me, except for the fluffy arm things in the new pic.
    I agree. I'd rather Elesa had a Tynamo or a Joltik on her team instead of that sheep. But I guess Game Freak really wants to showcase Generation 1-4 Pokemon again. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I agree. I'd rather Elesa had a Tynamo or a Joltik on her team instead of that sheep.
    Both would be very underwhelming for a fourth Gym. It's a shame they evolve so late, Galvantula would be very fitting for her.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I agree. I'd rather Elesa had a Tynamo or a Joltik on her team instead of that sheep. But I guess Game Freak really wants to showcase Generation 1-4 Pokemon again. Oh well.
    But Tynamo's evolutions are slightly ugly and supermodels don't like spiders.
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Both would be very underwhelming for a fourth Gym. It's a shame they evolve so late, Galvantula would be very fitting for her.
    Actually, Tynamo is pretty scary with its vast movepool, and Joltik's BST of 319 overwhelming....

All joking aside, I wouldn't ally expect a fashion model to own a giant spider, but I suppose a Zebra is odd as well. Maybe Elesa uses her nw giant cloak, drags it on carpet to charge static electricity, then uses the static electricity to charge Flaaffy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Alternatively, the Pokemon fandom is on a whole entirely unable to be pleased, and no matter what Game Freak does, a loud minority will always ***** about how they could have done it better. :P

Fun with SI prefixes:

What do you call a 2000 g. mockingbird?

2 kilo Mockingbird

That pun was like 1 trillion bulls: terra-bull

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanusX View Post
    *Cough* Inner beauty*Cough**Cough*

Quote Originally Posted by ninjanerd View Post
    but I suppose a Zebra is odd as well.
    Stripes, they are fashionable I do believe, well at less stripes are used for designs. I find Zebstrika to be very fitting for Elesa. Emolga I'm not sure how it would fit in with Elesa being a model but Emolga is clearly meant to be cute so there's that at less.

I'm glad Elesa has a Flaaffy, I don't believe it's ever been used by a Gym Leader(Excluding rematches, which I don't think it was used much then either).
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Flaaffy=cotton=clothes=fashion=Elesa
    I see no problem with her having a flaaffy, I think it fits her.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Please explain to me when it was said youd to go through Nimbasa to get to Castelia? No where, I'm recalling. Besides it'd literally be impossible to get there unless you for some reason took a boat to Driftveil. But no, Nimbasa does not come before Castelia.
    Have you even payed attention to the new artwork for Unova? You start out in the southwest corner of the region and provided those underwater tunnels don't go to Castelia City you would have to go north to Driftveil, then cross over to Nimbasa and then south to Castelia.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    There could always be rematches.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Elesa's design seems somewhat egyptian...it's interesting
    ... I don't see it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Flaaffy isn't a feminine Pokémon...
    It's pink and fluffy. How is that not feminine?

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanusX View Post
    Is that an official rule?

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Have you even payed attention to the new artwork for Unova? You start out in the southwest corner of the region and provided those underwater tunnels don't go to Castelia City you would have to go north to Driftveil, then cross over to Nimbasa and then south to Castelia.
    Have you paid attention to it? There's no pathway from Virbank to Driftveil. It's all vegetation. Unless the underwater tunnel or a boat brings you to Driftveil, there's no pathway there.

Additionally, the badge case confirms that Castelia is the third Gym, because the Insect Badge's outline is visible. After Virbank, we aren't going to Driftveil, we are going to Castelia, and chances are, it's by underwater tunnel. We've known this for a fairly long amount of time.

Is that an official rule?

I think its going along with the social stereotypes that girls will only like cute pokemon.

Still it would be interesting to see if the underwater tunnels are just visual like the bridges or if battles and stuff happen along them.

3DS friend code: 3454-1081-1955 Bug - Illumise, Combee, Pinsir Please PM for friend safari
    Looking for Shaymin and Deoxys (trading through gen 6) Please PM with offers!

PokeDex: 803/810
    Lv 100's: 415/810
    Shinydex: 162/810
    shiny100: 005/810

Latest Shiny: (335 encounters 10/07/2014)

Hunts :
    Black2: Route 5 (RE)
    X: Sandshrew (MM)
    Y: Friend safari/Hordes (RE)
    HG: Starter (SR)

Quote Originally Posted by elorasheppard View Post
    Still it would be interesting to see if the underwater tunnels are just visual like the bridges or if battles and stuff happen along them.
    As disastrous of consequences I could see for that, I'd love to battle someone in the underwater tunnel. Your rival, maybe? I've never been a fan of gauntlet-style trainer battles (where you literally just walk straight down a road and have trainers challenge you left and right, like on the Nugget Bridge in Kanto or on pretty much any Cycling Road), but having a rival battle there would be cool.

It's pink and fluffy. How is that not feminine?
    Is that an official rule? Pink and fluffy aren't characteristics exclusives to females.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Elesa's design seems somewhat egyptian...it's interesting
    No, it does not seems Egyptian o.O

Is that an official rule? Pink and fluffy aren't characteristics exclusives to females.
    This is Pokemon, of course it is. Honestly though, a gym leader hasn't had a member of that line before. It's refreshing.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Have you paid attention to it? There's no pathway from Virbank to Driftveil. It's all vegetation. Unless the underwater tunnel or a boat brings you to Driftveil, there's no pathway there.
    http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/4/42/Unova_alt.png

No path up to the Giant Chasm, no paths near Mistralton, path to Tubeline bridge covered in vegetation, the PokéTranfer lab off the main path with no visible path to it, no path over to Route 17. So yeah, no path on the map does not mean there won't be one.

Additionally, the badge case confirms that Castelia is the third Gym, because the Insect Badge's outline is visible. After Virbank, we aren't going to Driftveil, we are going to Castelia, and chances are, it's by underwater tunnel. We've known this for a fairly long amount of time.
    I already said in an earlier post that I had not seen the badge case before.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    This is Pokemon, of course it is.
    No, it isn't.

No, it isn't.
    Clefairy line
    Jigglypuff line
    Skitty
    Snubbull line

Yeah it pretty much does. Plus I can only remember females using the mareep line in hgss trainer battles.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

What about the Nidoran line?

How many guys do you see wearing something pink and fluffy on a regular basis? Of course it's feminine.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too!
    Diamond FC: 5157 8289 3121
    Name: Jeff

guys elesa goes for cute and majestic pokemon and i dont see her getting a leech or tic
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

Quote Originally Posted by cookies kill you View Post
    guys elesa goes for cute and majestic pokemon and i dont see her getting a leech or tic
    Joltik is cute but not majestic.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

She has Tynamo in the anime.

It's hard to tell, since her BW team consisted simply of the only Electric-types you could have met up until that point.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Page 169 of 340 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269 ... LastLast