Page 170 of 340 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 8476

Thread: Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

So, do you think the Elite 4 is still the same people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Alternatively, the Pokemon fandom is on a whole entirely unable to be pleased, and no matter what Game Freak does, a loud minority will always ***** about how they could have done it better. :P

Fun with SI prefixes:

What do you call a 2000 g. mockingbird?

2 kilo Mockingbird

That pun was like 1 trillion bulls: terra-bull

Quote Originally Posted by ninjanerd View Post
    So, do you think the Elite 4 is still the same people?
    No, hopefully it will be a little different. Just like the Indigo Plateau Elite Four had some changes between Gen I/III and II/IV.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Well, I mean, they haven't really expanded on any Elite 4 member except for Caitlin. They have back stories,but only Marshal has real outside dialogue; Caitlin and Shauntal only appear at Cynthia's villa. I prefer an expansion on current characters rather than inventing an entirely new Elite 4 member who will only be battled and not have any characterization...
    Alternatively, the Pokemon fandom is on a whole entirely unable to be pleased, and no matter what Game Freak does, a loud minority will always ***** about how they could have done it better. :P

Fun with SI prefixes:

2 kilo Mockingbird

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    It's hard to tell, since her BW team consisted simply of the only Electric-types you could have met up until that point.
    Actually you can't get emolga until the route after Nimbasa city so thats not entirly true. I hope she has miore than just 2 different pokemon >.>

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I like the elite four the way they are, just hoping for them to have new pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles2007 View Post
    Actually you can't get emolga until the route after Nimbasa city so thats not entirly true. I hope she has miore than just 2 different pokemon >.>
    But you're free to visit Route 5 before challenging the Gym, so you can meet Emolga before battling her, that's what matters. It's not like the rule only applies to her, though, her case was just the most blatant.

Yes it's true. The two routes east and west of Nimbasa are not blocked off before battling her.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

I would suspect Elesa's Flaafy is simply replacing an Emolga, as most Gym Leaders in Black/white bar the triplets and Lenora had 3 Pokémon.

Fun with SI prefixes:

2 kilo Mockingbird

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Is that an official rule? Pink and fluffy aren't characteristics exclusives to females.
    It's basically a matter of stereotypes, obviously Pink and fluffy can be characteristics of males, and they are, but they have been and still are more commonly associated with females.

Flaaffy may not be as feminine as Lopunny, but it's certainly one of the more feminine Pokemon out there.

It really doesn't matter anyways, Elesa probably has it because it's got wool which is used for clothing.

I hope she has miore than just 2 different pokemon >.>
    She's only has 1 different Pokemon as of now, and that's probably all she's getting. She was seen with Zebstrika and Emolga in the promo. I wouldn't want her or most of the other Gym Leaders to get much of a change to their teams, assuming they'll get rematches they'll get more Pokemon later.
    Last edited by gliscor&yanmega; 13th June 2012 at 11:08 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Yeah I think they just gave her a Flaffy because she had two Emolga, and they just took advantage of the old Pokemon :P
    Kinda obvious I think but yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Flaaffy=cotton=clothes=fashion=Elesa
    I see no problem with her having a flaaffy, I think it fits her.
    I don't think they gave her a Flaaffy just because it's based on a sheep. I think they gave it to her because they're trying to promote the older Pokemon, and Flaaffy has always been underrated, so they killed two birds with one stone. I still believe that Elesa will be given a Pikachu/Raichu though. Maybe in her rematch roster.

Oh, and I believe sheep produce wool, not cotton.
    Last edited by Lorde; 13th June 2012 at 11:53 PM.

Though it's still possible that she would have 4 Pokemons.

As much as I hate the cliché-ness of her having a Pikachu, it probably will happen.

Did anyone notice, during one of the trailers, the Pikachu statue in Nimbasa park is joined by a Pichu statue?

Fun with SI prefixes:

2 kilo Mockingbird

As much as I hate the cliché-ness of her having a Pikachu, it probably will happen.

Did anyone notice, during one of the trailers, the Pikachu statue in Nimbasa park is joined by a Pichu statue?
    That was there in BW yet she didn't have a Pikachu. Well the Pikachu one was.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by HyperXhydra95 View Post
    I don't think so. She's most likely to be fourth Leader again (Flaaffy, levels), so Shizui is a later Leader -- and he was confirmed to have just three Pokémon. At least in BW, no Unova Gym Leader has less Pokémon than a previous Leader. It's possible they will simply keep the three-Pokémon teams for Gyms 3+, unfortunately.

Yeah, I din't really like that...

Fun with SI prefixes:

2 kilo Mockingbird

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I don't think they gave her a Flaaffy just because it's based on a sheep. I think they gave it to her because they're trying to promote the older Pokemon, and Flaaffy has always been underrated, so they killed two birds with one stone. I still believe that Elesa will be given a Pikachu/Raichu though. Maybe in her rematch roster.

I've never seen Flaaffy as underrated, in both my playthroughs of HG I used a flaaffy to get an ampharos. And you're right, cotton plants produce cotton, sheep produce wool.

Most likely she'll have three, that's what's expected, in rematch teams (God willing there are) then she'll probably have a Raichu. But like I said, she probably will just stay with three Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    No, it isn't.
    Pokemon is one of the most stereotypical and sexist franchises I have ever encountered. The strong men and boys outnumber the strong women and girls, the pink and cutesy Pokemon are always portrayed as females or babies, and the majority of male characters wear masculine colors.

If pink is considered a feminine color by the general public, and fluffiness is more associated with women than men, then Flaaffy is a feminine Pokemon. It makes complete sense with Elesa and I didn't want (and couldn't imagine) her with any other Electric-type confirmed for these games.

Yeah, it was noticed by somebody almost immediately. :P

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    That was there in BW yet she didn't have a Pikachu. Well the Pikachu one was.
    That's because pikachu wasn't in the regional pokedex? Yes there were showings of Pikachu but that's solely because it's the mascot of the series and wanted to show it off.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperXhydra95 View Post
    I highly doubt it. I'm pretty certain she'll have three, Emolga, Flaaffy, and Zebstrika being those three. I'm certain we'll have rematches so I rather the Gym Leader don't have more then three Pokemon so that there would be more additions upon re-battling them.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    WOW, that was a big mistake on my part. I was thinking about the move cotton guard which it learns, and forgot that sheep produce wool.
    Anyway, I hope they bring Caitlin back and give her more backstory. She has so much potential having special powers and all.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    WOW, that was a big mistake on my part. I was thinking about the move cotton guard which it learns, and forgot that sheep produce wool.
    Anyway, I hope they bring Caitlin back and give her more backstory. She has so much potential having special powers and all.
    I believe wool is used to make clothing regardless anyways.

I would like to think no Gym Leader or Elite Four will be left out of the games, while some will get removed from their Gym Leader position and possibly Elite Four position, I still would like to believe that they will all still be in the game in some form, preferably battle-able. I would like some back-story on them all as well, Gym Leaders usually get some decent attention and involvement in the plot and get some back-story here and there but Elite Four haven't always been so lucky. Perhaps we can have some side quest or main quest that has us work with the Elite Four this time to stop Team Plasma or whatever. And post story maybe we can find the Elite Four each somewhere and they tell a little more about themselves, although I'd be fine with them just having more of a role in the plot.

I was hoping for a return of Shauntal, with whom I share several traits. She's probably the first trainer of my favorite type who I can respect since Morty...

Fun with SI prefixes:

2 kilo Mockingbird

Page 170 of 340 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast