Page 171 of 340 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 8476

Thread: Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    I highly doubt it. I'm pretty certain she'll have three, Emolga, Flaaffy, and Zebstrika being those three. I'm certain we'll have rematches so I rather the Gym Leader don't have more then three Pokemon so that there would be more additions upon re-battling them.
    Yes, it would be awesome. Rematches are usually saved for the third version, and well, the sequels take the place of the "third version" for this Generation, so it's fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjanerd View Post
    I was hoping for a return of Shauntal, with whom I share several traits. She's probably the first trainer of my favorite type who I can respect since Morty...
    I think Shauntal is the only one of the Elite Four I'd really like to return.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Shauntal is the only one I want to go, honestly. Marshall was a great challenge, Grimsley is just plain awesome, and Caitlin doesn't seem likely to go since they brought her to Unova from Sinnoh, and Masuda said that one thing about Darach possibly being closer to Caitlin than she realizes (meaning he's in Unova). If Grimsley isn't Darach, I almost expect Darach to appear, maybe as an Elite Four member.

Or... as Achroma.

Well, I think Grimsley could be characterized more. He didn't really give us an idea of himself last games. All I got was that he's a rich, silent man who likes risks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Alternatively, the Pokemon fandom is on a whole entirely unable to be pleased, and no matter what Game Freak does, a loud minority will always ***** about how they could have done it better. :P

Fun with SI prefixes:

What do you call a 2000 g. mockingbird?

2 kilo Mockingbird

That pun was like 1 trillion bulls: terra-bull

Well, I think Grimsley could be characterized more. He didn't really give us an idea of himself last games. All I got was that he's a rich, silent man who likes risks...
    I believe he said he liked playing games that involve risks.

More precisely, he's from a distinguished family that fell into ruin, and that's why he developed the habit of gambling (they even gave his clothes the colors of a roulette).

Hm. When do we learn this? Did I miss it?
    Alternatively, the Pokemon fandom is on a whole entirely unable to be pleased, and no matter what Game Freak does, a loud minority will always ***** about how they could have done it better. :P

Fun with SI prefixes:

2 kilo Mockingbird

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    I think Shauntal is the only one of the Elite Four I'd really like to return.
    Same here. Besides her, the only one I like a bit is Marshal.

She's probably the first trainer of my favorite type who I can respect since Morty...
    Why? Phoebe is awesome.

Hm. When do we learn this? Did I miss it?
    Nintendo Dream, if I'm not mistaken. Many designs and concepts of Gym Leaders and Elite members were explained.

Like Agatha, Pheobe trained, like only Banette and Dusclops. There's nothing wrong with that, especially when there's only 3 Ghost type families, but I still find it repetitive. Not to mention both Agatha and Phoebe have no backstory...

Fun with SI prefixes:

2 kilo Mockingbird

Like Agatha, Pheobe trained, like only Banette and Dusclops. There's nothing wrong with that, especially when there's only 3 Ghost type families, but I still find it repetitive. Not to mention both Agatha and Phoebe have no backstory...
    Well, we know that Agatha is a battle-fanatic and badass old lady who used to be Oak's rival when they were young and became really upset when he gave up on the Trainer life to become a researcher (kinda like what many of us feel about May or Brendan in RSE haha). I really like Agatha a lot.

I like Phoebe too, she has a very unique design.

Ok, I agree that Pokémon-wise Phoebe and Agatha are very disappointing.

Design-wise they and Shauntal are my favorite Ghost trainers.

If I remember correctly I think Phoebe's grandmother or something resides on Mt.Pyre, or that she trains there or something...

And yes I am another one of those hoping for the Elite Members to be involved in the storyline this time...

I still can't figure out what the hell they were doing when all the chaos happened at the league in BW1...

Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    If I remember correctly I think Phoebe's grandmother or something resides on Mt.Pyre, or that she trains there or something...

And yes I am another one of those hoping for the Elite Members to be involved in the storyline this time...

I still can't figure out what the hell they were doing when all the chaos happened at the league in BW1...
    Chilling in their fancy rooms thinking "What's all that noise outside? I hope not a trainer, I only have four pokemon right now." lol

But that did never make sense. They were literally RIGHT THERE, GLs came across the region to get there and help defend. Caitlin was probably sleeping in her giant bed though.

Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post

Well maybe they didnt actually know what was going on when it was happening or that it was just a small matter that they thought and wouldnt go anywhere
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

Whats wrong with the rest of the elite four? I love them all

Quote Originally Posted by cookies kill you View Post
    Well maybe they didnt actually know what was going on when it was happening or that it was just a small matter that they thought and wouldnt go anywhere
    A giant castle was rising out of the ground right behind them. Please explain to me how that's a small matter?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    A giant castle was rising out of the ground right behind them. Please explain to me how that's a small matter?
    lol, i felt it strange that the e4 herd all of this but they were just in there rooms like oh well

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOfOneIX View Post
    lol, i felt it strange that the e4 herd all of this but they were just in there rooms like oh well
    They're too good for defending Unova. Probably like "What's tnat sound? Oh well, I'm too good. Let me play with my four semi-strong Pokemon"

I don't expect much Elite 4 involvement tbh..
    I can see Alder playing a much bigger role in these games though :]
    *Hoenn is where the start is*

Quote Originally Posted by Kall El View Post
    I don't expect much Elite 4 involvement tbh..
    I can see Alder playing a much bigger role in these games though :]
    Especially since he jumps off a cliff to ask us a favor, which if I'm remember correctly was to "walk in step with your Pokemon"

Quote Originally Posted by cookies kill you View Post
    If they were aware of who N was (and I think they should be, they weren't living inside a bubble or something - they should at least be able to recognize the legendary dragon of their own region), they should have been exceptionally alert about his challenge, even more so when he managed to beat all of them and proceed to challenge Alder. They knew he was up to no good and they should be ready to take action if the slightest thing felt wrong (and I hardly believe they didn't hear a gigantic castle rising from the ground right behind the League building).

They're too good for defending Unova. Probably like "What's tnat sound? Oh well, I'm too good. Let me play with my four semi-strong Pokemon"
    You can handwave most of them away.
    Caitlin! Is psychic, knew we'd take care of it.
    Shauntal! Engrossed in novel, also her area has constant lightning.
    Grimsley! Does not even remotely care and prefers to *glasses* take his chances
    Marshal! ......I don't know

OR, since the platform was still lowered they couldn't get there.
    OR, figured the champ could handle it
    OR....something. Really we probably weren't supposed to think too hard about it and the developers just wanted the leaders to lead the charge.

Well they did get beat three times in one day, their spirits were down!

J
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    You can handwave most of them away.
    Caitlin! Is psychic, knew we'd take care of it.
    Shauntal! Engrossed in novel, also her area has constant lightning.
    Grimsley! Does not even remotely care and prefers to *glasses* take his chances
    Marshal! ......I don't know

OR, since the platform was still lowered they couldn't get there.
    OR, figured the champ could handle it
    OR....something. Really we probably weren't supposed to think too hard about it and the developers just wanted the leaders to lead the charge.
    It all just seems weird. The Elite 4 were right there, GLs were across the region, who knows?

J

It all just seems weird. The Elite 4 were right there, GLs were across the region, who knows?
    It is weird...but anyways id like to see a new elite four, maybe put lenora or chili in there

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.

Page 171 of 340 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271 ... LastLast