Page 176 of 340 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276 ... LastLast
Results 4,376 to 4,400 of 8476

Thread: Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    You mean Drayden/Iris instead of Ghetsis, right?
    Yes yes! My bad haha

I don't think N will be the Champion. He disappeared for two years and I still think it's too soon.
    I agree and I hope the new rival isn't the new champion, what I think that is very unlikely.

I'm all for Lenora taking the role! ...even though that's too unlikely
    Me too! Lenora as the champion would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Well, there sure are plenty of candidates: Achroma, Drayden, Marshal, Touya/Touko, some new character that they haven't showcased for some reason...
    I like the three first candidates.

Alder isn't champion anymore? Top Candidates: Achroma and your rival.

Has anyone any idea which building may be Homika's Gym building?

Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    Is there a picture of the city? If so could you provide a link?

Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    It could be that Blue warehouse-like building next to the boat.
    or the building next to the PokeWood Studio (although this one is more likely to be the PokeWood theater).

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilpulp View Post
    Alder isn't champion anymore? Top Candidates: Achroma and your rival.
    The rival is very unlikely... If Alder isn't the champion anymore, I think is because someone beat him in the two years that have passed and since the new rival will be starting his journey along the protagonist, this person isn't him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    The rival is very unlikely... If Alder isn't the champion anymore, I think is because someone beat him in the two years that have passed and since the new rival will be starting his journey along the protagonist, this person isn't him.
    Unless he's a very good Trainer and ends up defeating the Champion and winning the title before you challenge him/her. I just hope he/she still appears in the game if this is the case.

(well... unless Alder simply left the role leaving no substitute and we get another Blue scenario with the rival defeating the Elite Four and becoming the Champion)
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

What about gary in Kanto, he started along with the protagonist and became the champion?

I don't think I would want Hilda/Hilbert to be champion, but rather a Bonus Boss. Their main pokemon should be your starter Pokemon, like if you chose Oshawott, they would have Samurott and so forth

I think Marshal will get a redesign and will be champion, but he won't focus on fighting types, just very strong Pokemon. In BW, doesn't he train to be champion with Alder? If so, this would make perfect sense.

Unless he's a very good Trainer and ends up defeating the Champion and winning the title before you challenge him/her. I just hope he/she still appears in the game if this is the case.
    It may happen. I don't know, I just feel that they don't need to repeat Blue scenario.
    But if the rival manages to be the new champion, it would not be THAT bad. At least he have a badass design, unlike Blue.

(well... unless Alder simply left the role leaving no substitute and we get another Blue scenario with the rival defeating the Elite Four and becoming the Champion)
    I don't think Alder would do that.
    After all, he was requested to be the Champion by the Pokémon League.

It would be really weird to see the Unova league without a champion, since two people besides Alder have the right to be in this position: Touya/Touko and N.

What about gary in Kanto, he started along with the protagonist and became the champion?
    You meant Blue, because Gary is the anime character.
    And he became the champion, yes. But have in mind that unlike Unova League, there weren't a Champion in Kanto League when Blue arrived in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    think Marshal will get a redesign and will be champion, but he won't focus on fighting types, just very strong Pokemon. In BW, doesn't he train to be champion with Alder? If so, this would make perfect sense.
    I can see this happening, after all, he was Alder's apprentice.
    And he may still use only Fighting Types, but better ones.
    Last edited by Nyarlathotep; 15th June 2012 at 2:33 AM.

Blue. There's no Gary in the games.

But yeah, it's possible, especially if Alder stepped down leaving the position vacant.

Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    In BW, doesn't he train to be champion with Alder? If so, this would make perfect sense.
    I don't think so, he simply called himself Alder's apprentice.

And I think Alder can't simply have someone "trained to be Champion" and give him the position, whoever wants the title must win it.

I don't think Alder would do that.
    After all, he was requested to be the Champion by the Pokémon League.
    Exactly. But what if the Pokémon League asked him to take the title just so they would have someone to serve as an inspiration for Trainers in the middle of Team Plasma's "free your Pokémon" crisis? Then I think Alder would step down from the role when he felt the danger was over.

It would be really weird to see the Unova league without a champion, since two people besides Alder have the right to be in this position: Touya/Touko and N.
    Unless they didn't want the position too. Just like Red. I'd like them to have it, but...
    Last edited by Ver-mont; 15th June 2012 at 2:34 AM.

if Alder isn't the champion anymore, I think it should be the player from BW. My theory is one two things can happen, first is if you connect in some way with BW using BW2 it copies your player's most recent elite 4 defeating team, and scales the levels back to what they should be based off the e4 in bw2. The second option and more probable is during the course of Bw2 your player is asked but their idol (the bw player) first you're asked if your idol is male or female and what their starter pokemon was, from their a team is created.
    3DS Friend code
    1246-9040-8906
    Friend Safari
    Ghost: Shuppet, Phantump, and Spiritomb

Secret Base
    Coming Soon

And I think Alder can't simply have someone "trained to be Champion" and give him the position, whoever wants the title must win it.
    Maybe Marshal beat Alder in a battle?
    The apprentice beating the master.

Exactly. But what if the Pokémon League asked him to take the title just so they would have someone to serve as an inspiration for Trainers in the middle of Team Plasma's "free your Pokémon" crisis? Then I think Alder would step down from the role when he felt the danger was over.
    Interesting theory, but I think Alder was in the position for a longer time.
    If he was new in the Champion position in BW, I doubt Elesa would have recognized him.

Unless they didn't want the position too. Just like Red. I'd like them to have it, but...
    If this is the case, Alder will still be the Champion.
    Also, if he decided to give up his position, I am sure that the League would request other trainer to be the Champion.

ALRIGHT SO
    http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/cha...aracter09.html

official site update, here's elesa. More to the point, her flaaffy:

turns out it is, in fact, level 28. This means one of two things: it's her new ace or she got a fairly significant level buff.
    I'm leaning towards the latter, since Zebstryka is...sort of better than Flaaffy in every way.

Incidentally, Elesa fans will be pleased that the jumbotron behind her may have a 3d model of her

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Incidentally, Elesa fans will be pleased that the jumbotron behind her may have a 3d model of her
    You're right!
    She's projected at the screen. Nice observation!
    I wonder if it's animated, or just a slideshow of still images.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

turns out it is, in fact, level 28. This means one of two things: it's her new ace or she got a fairly significant level buff.
    I'm leaning towards the latter, since Zebstryka is...sort of better than Flaaffy in every way.
    Following the BW logic... Lv.28 Emolga, Lv.28 Flaaffy, Lv.30 Zebstrika.

It's nice to see the Gyms will be a little more challenging this time! (or so it seems)

If Flaaffy is her new signature, we can hope that Skyla's will not be Swanna anymore.

If Flaaffy is her new signature, we can hope that Skyla's will not be Swanna anymore.
    I don't know... look, Elesa appears alongside Flaaffy, so it's either her "middle of the battle quote" or her "final Pokémon quote". In BW, those were said after you used your first move... and since Flaaffy's HP isn't full, I don't think it's the latter. So, Flaaffy is probably the first Pokémon she sends out.

ALRIGHT SO
    http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/cha...aracter09.html

She has Zebstrika in the animated trailer.

B1/W1 team:
    Lv25 Emolga
    Lv25 Emolga
    Lv27 Zebstrika

Possible B2/W2 team:
    Lv28 Flaffy
    Lv28 Emolga
    Lv30 Zebstrika

I fail to see how 3 levels is a "significant level bump".
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

3 levels goes a long way!
    OK well "significant" may have been overstating it, I suppose. Maybe "fair" or something.

I don't know... look, Elesa appears alongside Flaaffy, so it's either her "middle of the battle quote" or her "final Pokémon quote". In BW, those were said after you used your first move... and since Flaaffy's HP isn't full, I don't think it's the latter. So, Flaaffy is probably the first Pokémon she sends out.
    You have a point.

A level bump would be better than changing her signature Pokémon, anyway.

Don't forget that her gimmick might still be volt swap. That could be her "I'm doomed!" quote but it wouldn't be able to prove it either way because volt switching could have knocked down the other two.

Don't forget that her gimmick might still be volt swap. That could be her "I'm doomed!" quote but it wouldn't be able to prove it either way because volt switching could have knocked down the other two.
    That's plausible, actually... that damn Volt Switch, it's really likely she'll use it again.

clever thinking that is. i think zebstrika will remain the powerhouse of the electric team, mainly because why would it be a flaafy? flaafy is generally inferior to zebstrika anyway and its only 2 levels away from being an ampharos (which would be a plausible powerhouse), i personally think ampharos is better than zebstrika but not by much, not sure about anyone else but thats irrelevant because she has a flaafy not an ampharos. theres a chance she might not even have an emolga, i wouldnt mind if she did...since it will only be 1. battling with someone who has more than 1 of the same pokemon is frustrating, especially when its someone like a gym leader, and emolga was a pain in the backside in b/w because of that darn double team (one of the most annoying moves ever to be created) and she had 2 double teaming emolgas! if her 3rd pokemon is to be emolga, i just hope it doesnt know double team!, it could be something like jolteon though, you never know, but i think it will be emolga.

3 levels goes a long way!
    OK well "significant" may have been overstating it, I suppose. Maybe "fair" or something.
    In reality, I believe it's nothing.

I mean, judging by people talking about the difficulty of the Pokemon games, I'm assuming Pokemon is the only RPG many of you guys have played (not talking about anyone specific, just in general). Compared to most RPGs, the Pokemon games are... REALLY FREAKING EASY. For instance, in the Mother/EarthBound series, nearly every boss takes me several tries, and usually all of my party members are knocked out except one, and I almost always have to go and grind a bit before being strong enough to beat the boss.

But with Pokemon, there's none of that challenge. I beat everything on the first try. I never have to grind. I don't intentionally level up my Pokemon, I just battle every trainer. I never defeat wild Pokemon for experience. But somehow, my Pokemon always end up about the same levels as the Gym Leader (sometimes higher), and the battles aren't hard at all. In fact, they're really easy. I even put limitations on myself by using the same amount of Pokemon as the Gym Leader, but they're still really easy.

The levels in recent games are waaaay too low. And don't say "oh but the E4 levels up after you beat the game remember" yeah that's cool and neat and all, but why does the game get hard after the story? Is the story supposed to be for kiddies too? I'm tired of that BS.

Remember in Pokemon Red/Green/Blue, how when you challenged the Elite Four, all your Pokemon were in the high 40's, but the Elite Four had Pokemon in the mid 50's, and the Champion topped out at Lv65? Yeah, that's what the difficulty should be. And don't say "oh but that's too hard for little kiddies" because I BET EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU BEAT THE GEN I GAMES AS A KID. I beat Blue's team of Lv60 Pokemon, including his Lv65 Venusaur, with a team of Lv48 Pokemon, when I was a little kid. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

My point is, there is absolutely no point for Game Freak to allow such a low difficulty level in recent games. I know the point is to make it easier for little kids and all, but really, that's stupid, because they're really underestimating how smart little kids are. As I said earlier, I beat Blue's team of Lv60 Pokemon with my team of Lv48 Pokemon when I was a little kid, it's too bad that these days kids have to beat Ghetsis's team of Lv50 Pokemon with their own team of Lv50 Pokemon.

EDIT: To put it into perspective, try beating Ghetsis with a team of Pokemon at Lv38. I bet you could find a way to beat him. And I bet I could too, even my 6-year-old self. After all, we all did a similar feat in the Gen I games. Dear Game Freak, please up the difficulty level. And stop worrying about little kids, because little kids aren't that stupid.
    Last edited by Chaos Rush; 15th June 2012 at 7:28 AM.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Page 176 of 340 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276 ... LastLast