Page 180 of 340 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 8476

Thread: Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

  1. #4476
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joep05 View Post
    i felt like burgh was quite possibly the easiest gym battle out of all 40ish that have been created so far, leavanny was just too easy, chances are most people would've captured a pidove, and leavanny is no match for pidove, let alone tranquill or tepig/pignite.
    I'm sure Burgh's Dwebble could handle Pidove or a Tranquill. If someone were to use a Water type in response to Dwebble then Leavanny would probably have a fine time against it.

    If someone was using Rock types to combat the Bug types, then most likely Leavanny would handle it.

    A Fire type could be handled by Dwebble.

    All depending on whether or not they are dual types or not.

    In the end, it really doesn't matter though, whoever you feel is easiest, it's because you didn't make the battle challenging enough for yourself. If you're going to be using type advantage most likely most battles aren't going to last long. As well as various other optional things you can do to make the battles easy which in the same way are optional to make the gym harder by not using certain methods.



    As for the matter of more new Gym Leaders, I doubt we'll have anyone else replaced, Cheren is replacing Lenora, all together we have three new Gym Leaders which is more then we've ever gotten, I think it's fine how it is, and I'd rather there not be any more new Gym Leaders.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  2. #4477
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    southampton
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    I'm sure Burgh's Dwebble could handle Pidove or a Tranquill. If someone were to use a Water type in response to Dwebble then Leavanny would probably have a fine time against it.

    If someone was using Rock types to combat the Bug types, then most likely Leavanny would handle it.

    A Fire type could be handled by Dwebble.

    All depending on whether or not they are dual types or not.

    In the end, it really doesn't matter though, whoever you feel is easiest, it's because you didn't make the battle challenging enough for yourself. If you're going to be using type advantage most likely most battles aren't going to last long. As well as various other optional things you can do to make the battles easy which in the same way are optional to make the gym harder by not using certain methods.



    As for the matter of more new Gym Leaders, I doubt we'll have anyone else replaced, Cheren is replacing Lenora, all together we have three new Gym Leaders which is more then we've ever gotten, I think it's fine how it is, and I'd rather there not be any more new Gym Leaders.
    i dont give my opponents the advantage by being weak in battle, thats just silly, i put everything into each one no matter who the opponent is, its better that way. yes dwebble is respectable (best one of burghs 3 in my opinion) they each have pokemon that they are good against, but the point is, you will probably have a pidove on your team which can easily handle the leavanny and leavanny is the signature, not dwebble, dwebble isnt that bad but not really too challenging, you have the option to switch when you know whats going to come out next, why would you keep oshawott (for example) in battle when you have a pidove and you know leavanny is coming out next. other gyms have pokemon that are a challenge to anything on your team, even ones with a type aadvantage, like haxorus.

  3. #4478
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joep05 View Post
    i dont give my opponents the advantage by being weak in battle, thats just silly, i put everything into each one no matter who the opponent is, its better that way. yes dwebble is respectable (best one of burghs 3 in my opinion) they each have pokemon that they are good against, but the point is, you will probably have a pidove on your team which can easily handle the leavanny and leavanny is the signature, not dwebble, dwebble isnt that bad but not really too challenging, you have the option to switch when you know whats going to come out next, why would you keep oshawott (for example) in battle when you have a pidove and you know leavanny is coming out next. other gyms have pokemon that are a challenge to anything on your team, even ones with a type aadvantage, like haxorus.
    It's not silly, it's a method to make the game more challenging to you.

    Also, the more you know about your opponent, the more times your rely on type advantage, the more times you use more Pokemon then the opponent, the more times you basically make the battles easier for yourself means the battle will be easier for yourself.

    I've played Black and White numerous of times, each Gym Leader has given me difficulties ranging from easy to difficult.

    In the end, Burgh wasn't easy, you simply made him easy for yourself.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  4. #4479
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,609

    Default

    I think they are keeping one new gym leader as their "trump card". And why should they show all the new stuff? There would be no reason to buy the game then. I still think the elite four will change a lot. I know they aren't mentioned a lot during the pre-release period. But I do at least think we're getting a new champion. Alder didn't get a design change. And since all the old gym leaders did change, it would only make sense he would if he was still champion.

  5. #4480
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,238

    Default

    I'd rather see one or two new Elite Fours than more new Leaders.

    I really don't care much about any of them besides Shauntal.

  6. #4481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    I'd rather see one or two new Elite Fours than more new Leaders.

    I really don't care much about any of them besides Shauntal.
    Even if they aren't replaced, I hope more is done with the Elite Four in BW2. They've always felt like they're just "there", whereas the Gym Leaders got out-of-Gym roles in BW.

  7. #4482
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Shauntal the only elite four which fits, Grimsley and Caitlin can be no longer Elite four, but I think there's enough new characters, we have one week to find out!

  8. #4483
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HyperXhydra95 View Post
    Shauntal the only elite four which fits, Grimsley and Caitlin can be no longer Elite four, but I think there's enough new characters, we have one week to find out!
    ...Why does Shauntal fit? Why can't Grimsley and Caitlin be Elite Four any longer? What of Marshal?

    All four are Elite Four, as such, they all fit, and all can still be Elite Four.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  9. #4484
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    And why should they show all the new stuff? There would be no reason to buy the game then.
    Advertisement. And it works the other way round: you see the new stuff, you like it, you anticipate it, and you buy the game so you can play with it.

    I hardly think they showed everything the game has to offer, but your logic doesn't make any sense.

    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

  10. #4485
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    ...Why does Shauntal fit? Why can't Grimsley and Caitlin be Elite Four any longer? What of Marshal?

    All four are Elite Four, as such, they all fit, and all can still be Elite Four.
    That's my opinion, I meant Shauntal the most character that fits, I also don't mind them staying.

  11. #4486
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HyperXhydra95 View Post
    That's my opinion, I meant Shauntal the most character that fits, I also don't mind them staying.
    I don't care much for Shauntal, I hope an old gym leader replaces her.

    My Pokémon Omega Ruby Team:

    [Raven] : [Neptune] : [Simba] : [Dubai] : [Zelda] : [Brutus]
    3DS Friend Code:
    2938-8044-3384

  12. #4487
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Outskirt Stand
    Posts
    1,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster5394 View Post
    I don't care much for Shauntal, I hope an old gym leader replaces her.
    In my opinion, it would be best that the Unova Elite Four members keep their position because I can't see it any way. I wouldn't mind if they changed but I don't want to become another situation like Agatha who's whereabouts are unknown.


    3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.



  13. #4488
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    217

    Default

    The only thing I want the new elite four to have is more pokemon the first time, and maybe an actual order. Them being the same order makes it easier since all of them are the same level.
    I would also like another opportunity to visit N's castle after beating them, kind of like in pokemon ranger where you could re-battle the three legendaries.

    I'll update this sometime

  14. #4489
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    southampton
    Posts
    245

    Default

    i dont see why any e4 members would be replaced, doesnt seem that necessary really, caitlin the psychic trainer was in platinum though as a frontier brain so i guess she has already had a couple of stints on 3 seperate games so perhaps she is most deserving of the boot, personally aside from metagross i was never that keen on her pokemon anyway, felt they were boring and easy, but thats opinion. there was no replacement in sinnoh, just enhancements on the trainers themselves, hoenn had steven replaced with wallace as well as enhanced teams on the rest of them. im sure there will at least be enhancements, i dont see alder being replaced but you never know. 1 week to go before we find out. cant wait till they come out on europe :-D...unfortunately we have a while to wait :-/

  15. #4490
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joep05 View Post
    i dont see why any e4 members would be replaced, doesnt seem that necessary really, caitlin the psychic trainer was in platinum though as a frontier brain so i guess she has already had a couple of stints on 3 seperate games so perhaps she is most deserving of the boot, personally aside from metagross i was never that keen on her pokemon anyway, felt they were boring and easy, but thats opinion. there was no replacement in sinnoh, just enhancements on the trainers themselves, hoenn had steven replaced with wallace as well as enhanced teams on the rest of them. im sure there will at least be enhancements, i dont see alder being replaced but you never know. 1 week to go before we find out. cant wait till they come out on europe :-D...unfortunately we have a while to wait :-/
    Caitlin wasn't a BF, only Darach was.



  16. #4491
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    2 Fort
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Going From An Amusement Park to a Fashion Show,R.I.P Roller Coaster Gym
    Pokemon Black FC: 5415 6099 7015
    I don't always say no,but when I do I Nope.avi
    Quote of the business week:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Your mother took a **** while giving birth to you and thought she had twins
    My Trophy Pokemon: Italian Ranch mew,Darkrai,Jirachi,Sinjoh Giratina.
    Proud Owner of a Legit Keldeo!!!

    Caution,Watch your Dubstep.
    I have claimed Kyoto By Skrillex
    Proud Member Of the fake band Mordecai and the Rigby's

  17. #4492
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Caitlin wasn't a BF, only Darach was.
    They both were. She was shown in the sprite with him.

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

  18. #4493
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hiatus
    Posts
    7,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcanusX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Don't forget her, uh, appeal.
    And the fact she is one of the sexiest Gym Leaders ever.
    Lol

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    No, nothing's certain but 99.9% of people accept the fact that there won't be any more Gym Leaders. If you people don't like Clay, Burgh, etc., then don't play BW2.
    You should probably stop being so presumptuous.

    Quote Originally Posted by HyperXhydra95 View Post
    Shauntal the only elite four which fits, Grimsley and Caitlin can be no longer Elite four, but I think there's enough new characters, we have one week to find out!
    I disagree that Shauntal somehow fits more. I think they all fit, but I certainly think that Caitlin and Grimsley have way more of a chance of staying than Shauntal.

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Caitlin wasn't a BF, only Darach was.
    What? Yes she was. She was the Frontier Brain, she just told Darach what to do. The Sinnoh Battle Frontier had six Frontier Brains.

    Speaking of, I wonder if/how Darach will appear in BW2.

  19. #4494
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Do you think Elsea's guym will still be in the theme park? It made sense when it was the rollercoaster challange, but now that it is a fashion show it seems like it would be out of place.
    Mystic Power

  20. #4495
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,428

    Default

    If she was a BF, why doesn't she have a trainer title?



  21. #4496
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hiatus
    Posts
    7,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    If she was a BF, why doesn't she have a trainer title?
    Because Darach has the title. Because you battle him, not her.

    Why would she be there calling all the shots in the Battle Castle if she wasn't the Frontier Brain? If Darach was the Frontier Brain, then Caitlin was completely useless, because Darach could have just been calling the shots, and for the battle he could have just come down.

    Besides, she appears in the VS Banner next to Darach when you challenge him, and in the Prints you receive upon defeating them. She's a Frontier Brain, alongside Darach.

    I thought all of this was well-known?

    (EDIT: Also, the abbreviation for "Frontier Brain" is FB, not BF. BF is "Battle Frontier.")
    Last edited by Grei; 16th June 2012 at 12:36 AM.

  22. #4497
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Because Darach has the title. Because you battle him, not her.

    Why would she be there calling all the shots in the Battle Castle if she wasn't the Frontier Brain? If Darach was the Frontier Brain, then Caitlin was completely useless, because Darach could have just been calling the shots, and for the battle he could have just come down.

    Besides, she appears in the VS Banner next to Darach when you challenge him, and in the Prints you receive upon defeating them. She's a Frontier Brain, alongside Darach.

    I thought all of this was well-known?
    He is the BF snd has the title, She just tells him what to do, so technically she isn't the BF.
    He works for her.



  23. #4498
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hiatus
    Posts
    7,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    He is the BF snd has the title, She just tells him what to do, so technically she isn't the BF.
    He works for her.
    Again, it's "FB," not "BF." "BF" is Battle Frontier, "FB" is Frontier Brain.

    No. They both appear in the print and in the VS banner. Why would she be included in those if she wasn't the Frontier Brain? Besides, why would she, a little psychic girl, be allowed to call the shots in the Battle Castle if she wasn't a Brain? You just keep saying, "no, she's not," but you really aren't justifying why you're saying this, especially since it's been pretty much universally accepted that she and Darach are both the Frontier Brains of the Battle Castle. It's not a double battle, so it wouldn't have said "Castle Valet Darach and Castle Princess Caitlin."

  24. #4499
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    He is the BF snd has the title, She just tells him what to do, so technically she isn't the BF.
    He works for her.
    Who cares? Lets just stop this topic by saying they are both FB's and we can talk about something else, more on-topic.

    My Pokémon Omega Ruby Team:

    [Raven] : [Neptune] : [Simba] : [Dubai] : [Zelda] : [Brutus]
    3DS Friend Code:
    2938-8044-3384

  25. #4500
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    2 Fort
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Im gonna laugh when I see my Male trainer do his little turn on the catwalk and while hes there maybe he's gonna get a hair cut by one of the stylists
    Pokemon Black FC: 5415 6099 7015
    I don't always say no,but when I do I Nope.avi
    Quote of the business week:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Your mother took a **** while giving birth to you and thought she had twins
    My Trophy Pokemon: Italian Ranch mew,Darkrai,Jirachi,Sinjoh Giratina.
    Proud Owner of a Legit Keldeo!!!

    Caution,Watch your Dubstep.
    I have claimed Kyoto By Skrillex
    Proud Member Of the fake band Mordecai and the Rigby's

Page 180 of 340 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •