Page 2 of 340 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    We saw in BW that every gym leader have it's profession aside from being gym leader except iris
    Striatlon trio-waiters
    Lenora- museum owner
    Burgh-artist
    Elsa-model
    Clay-miner
    Skyla-pilot
    Iccirus leader-actor
    Drayden-mayor
    Iris (AKA Dora the explorer)-nothing

The poison leader (I don't plan remembering japanese names)- gitarist
    The water leader- Life guard

speculation: dark gym leader- researcher of the strength of the pokemon (AKA akuruma)
    Actually, Homika isn't a guitar player. She is clearly holding a bass since it only has four strings. Just tought that I would point that out. And it has been mentioned in another thread that Shizui is a dive fisher, not a life-guard. He doesn't looks like a life-guard anyways, he lacks the style of one and items (like a whistle or something) that will make him look like one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Anyone else think that instead of battling previous gym leaders, their relative or some sort will be the ones that we'll be battling?

For example, instead of Clay, it might be his son/daughter because he's out on a business trip abroad.
    ...or instead of Brycen, a new actor he's been mentoring perhaps?
    I don't see why that wouldn't work.

I also wonder if any of the past region gym leader might take post in Unova.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglychu View Post
    Well the Striaton triplets are obviously out now that we have another Water gym.

I wonder if that means we won't get monkeys like in BW.
    I hope not because I am sick to death of those monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    *Cough Dark Gym*
    This.

There is no reason why Dark type are still yet to have a gym.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    I fail to see how they "babied" us. That Work Up's a killer move.

I fear that the first Gym here may be to easy.
    If you didn't use the Monkey then you got a challenged.

But using the monkey in the first gym wasn't what bothered me, what bothered me was that we had to beat the first gym just to trade and I hated that.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 14th April 2012 at 2:25 AM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

It would be nice to get a complete override of leaders. I do think the originals will be in there, just not with as big of a part. I could totally see GF making a Rock gym first just to mess with us. Have it in Driftveil! Though if the new water leader turns out to be one of the last, it has to be in Undella Town. But who knows...
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

So Dora Iris was a master dragon in training... I wonder if she will be master dragon in BW2
    dive fisher and bass player are much more creative than my idea lol
    I think they are trying to discourage choosing a fire starter this time
    Fighting isn't effective on poison and fire isn't effective (and weak to) water then we got a ground gym probably and then pignite is weak to ground attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

I had a thought actually...

If say we do get 16 Gyms... after beating the first 8 and beating the league first time around...

The continuation of the game starts at the new starting City... but this time we traverse around making way through the paths that are covered up on the map...

This would leave the striaton triplets as the final 16th Gym... the first ever tripple battle Gym Challenge, and they each own powerful pokemon of their respective types maybe starter final evos??

Then you lead on to the final destination... Nuvema Town where we find and challenge the hero from BW, the strongest trainer in the games...

So Dora Iris was a master dragon in training... I wonder if she will be master dragon in BW2
    Fighting isn't effective on poison and fire isn't effective (and weak to) water then we got a ground gym probably and then pignite is weak to ground attacks.
    Don't forget that the last three fire starters have had the EXACT same typing.
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Quote Originally Posted by BroaddySN View Post
    This is giving me an interesting idea of, if the previous game's gym leaders are still all intact, then maybe we have the choice of choosing which badges we want. Maybe we only have a quota of 8 badges to fill before gaining entrance to the league, and can pick and choose the gyms who's badges we receive.
    I love this idea. Why not have 16 Gyms with only 8 needed to challenge to Elite Four? These 16 leaders could be a mix of leaders from BW and new ones, like Homika and Shizui. As long as we weren't limited to 8 gyms, and could obtain as many badges as we wanted, I think this would be the highlight of the game. It's a really good idea. And it would require new Gym Leaders, which is promising because Homika and Shizui are so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakrey View Post
    With only two Pokémon in her team, I guess Homika will likely be the first gym leader to be challenged by the protagonist. Or Maybe I'm wrong.
    How do we know she only has two Pokemon? But yeah, with only 2 she must be the first Leader.

Chili opens up that fire gym he was talking about. It'd be interesting to see him on his own and 2 years older.
    Yes! I have to say that Chili was my favorite out of the triplets, and seeing him more matured and stronger, and on his own, is really tantalizing. I want to see this so bad now.

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    How do we know she only has two Pokemon? But yeah, with only 2 she must be the first Leader.
    In the scans there is a screenshot of the battle with her where you can see 2 slots of the party occupied.
    Equipment:
    3DS XL X&Y Special Edition, DSlite.

Time:
    GTM -4

Black:

Neo
    FC: 2279 9709 9979

My Former Team!

She will likely have a Venepede
    maybe even a part grass type!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    She will likely have a Venepede
    maybe even a part grass type!
    I think it will be venipede and trubbish
    the TM given will be probably toxic as slydge wave it too strong for the first game and toxic is really useful

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

I'd like this. Or perhaps Cilan and Cress run the cafe, and Chili opens up that fire gym he was talking about. It'd be interesting to see him on his own and 2 years older.
    When does he say he wants to open up his own Gym ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kass157 View Post
    I agree! I expect to see her having a Whirlpede as her main... just because of the bass guitar she has.
    She probably won't have a Whirlipede, because it evolves from Venipede at Lv.22, which is far too late for the first Gym Leader. I think she'll have a Venipede and hopefully a really cool second Pokemon, like Qwilfish, Spinarak, or Croagunk. She'll probably have a Foongus, though.

Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    Actually....I don't think he did ever say anything along those lines..
    Last edited by KickAsh; 14th April 2012 at 3:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    She could be fought a little later on. Misty, Whitney, Brawly, and Lenora all used two Pokemon, despite not being the first Leader. If the Poison leader is the third or even the second Leader, I could see her with an underlevelled Scolipede.

So, if we assume the frozen areas on the map are inaccessible, this would mean that Cilan/Chili/Cress, Lenora, and Brycen (at the bare minimum) couldn't make a return. With two GLs confirmed, that would mean there's at least one more that we don't know about.

I believe it was never mentioned in the game.
    Who made that up?

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I believe it was never mentioned in the game.
    Who made that up?
    idk in game but im sure he said it in the anime

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOfOneIX View Post
    idk in game but im sure he said it in the anime
    The games and anime are not canon... so.
    I doubt Chili will get his own gym in the games.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

The games and anime are not canon... so.
    I doubt Chili will get his own gym in the games.
    dont really care about the trio anyway or the anime as long as lenora and elesa are in im good

I'm starting to give up on the Triplets for BW2... going to miss their friendly selves... I was hoping 16 Gyms... the triplets being the final Gym Challenge of a tripple battle... But who knows...

Triplets being a triple battle would be a neat idea actually, although idk about that for a gym badge personally. I didn't like them too much personally (only gym leaders in the game to do nothing whatsoever in regards to the plot) so I wouldn't miss them.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Wow I forgot about Pokemon Smash that would be airing in like less that 24 hours... Although... Because of last week, I'm not going to expect much from it.

The only and only thing I'm hoping for at the moment... Is that we get to see the beginning of a battle with a Gym Leader, to see if they have animated sprites... Similar to how the trailer for Pokemon Platinum showed Roark's animated sprite for the first time...

Wow I forgot about Pokemon Smash that would be airing in like less that 24 hours... Although... Because of last week, I'm not going to expect much from it.

The only and only thing I'm hoping for at the moment... Is that we get to see the beginning of a battle with a Gym Leader, to see if they have animated sprites... Similar to how the trailer for Pokemon Platinum showed Roark's animated sprite for the first time...
    According to GCPM11 (as he said in his youtube video on the scans) there is gameplaye being shown on the next Pokémon Smash. Though, I personally don't know much about that.
    Equipment:
    3DS XL X&Y Special Edition, DSlite.

Time:
    GTM -4

Black:

Neo
    FC: 2279 9709 9979

My Former Team!

Even though that was only mentioned in the anime, I kind of hope that it's true in these games. I've never been fond of the Striaton City Gym Leaders, so I really hope that they left Striaton City and set off to follow their own dreams. Something like that, anyway. And perhaps we'll learn whether they really were the Shadow Triad or not (I'm a firm believer in the theories).

Something interesting I found was something Cilan says in the BW games...

"In the Unova region, um, we are still novice Gym Leaders. Which means, well, that other Gym Leaders are much stronger than we are. Going...slow...and steady...is OK, so... we compete with one and get, um, stronger and stronger."

Maybe they will have a comeback in BW2 in a much stronger position...

Quote Originally Posted by Kass157 View Post
    According to GCPM11 (as he said in his youtube video on the scans) there is gameplaye being shown on the next Pokémon Smash. Though, I personally don't know much about that.
    promotional trailer and black ky vs white ky

Going off his track record (including saying Hoenn is in HGSS...and said images he used in his videos ending up coming from deviantart and new Pokemon would be coming out in it too)...I wouldn't hold much merit in what he says.

Sure, gameplay shown is not an unlikely thing at all (it is frequently done), but it isn't necessarily going to happen, and what may happen mightn't be much more than stuff like showing off a couple of battle screens of Kyruem forms.

But anyways that's another topic.

I wonder what sort of Pokemon we can expect from these new gym leaders, such as if they'll be all gen five Pokemon or not. Or for that matter if any previous gym leaders from BW (assuming at least some remain) use some pre-5th gen Pokemon first time around.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Page 2 of 340 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast