Page 259 of 340 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,475 of 8476

Thread: Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    It's HOW some of you are taking it. Kinda melodramatic. I don't expect everyone to like the same thing but it's how one goes about it that really matters.
    I've seen a few people (myself included) saying 'Marlon? I don't think that fits Shizui very well at all' and/or 'I don't feel that Corless is anywhere near as good a name as Akuroma. It's weird-sounding, and it'll take a while to get used to'. That's not melodramatic. Most of those who don't like the localised names (the rampant lunatic minority excluded) aren't whining, or trolling, or thinking that voicing our complaints will in any way change anything. We're just discussing our disappointment and weighing up the positives and negatives with fellow fans, the way we do with everything else about the games. Pretty soon we'll shrug it off and get used to the new names, maybe even prefer em.

I really don't like this attitude whereby people are judged for expressing any opinion short of 'Gamefreak are gods and Pokemon can do no wrong'

~ Canon-wise, I'd love to know how multiple regions are coping with their Gym Leaders/Champions all AWOL! Imagine all those poor young trainers who are standing outside an empty gym knocking at the door...
    Last edited by SasakiThePikachu; 29th June 2012 at 3:39 PM.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

As soon as i found out that that marlon was the eight gym leader i couldn't help think knew it. i had a feeling he would follow in like Wallace and Juan.

I am curious as to how different the original gym leader's poke will differ. obviously some gyms are gonna change like Castelia but the line up is always something to look forward to

As soon as i found out that that marlon was the eight gym leader i couldn't help think knew it. i had a feeling he would follow in like Wallace and Juan.

I am curious as to how different the original gym leader's poke will differ. obviously some gyms are gonna change like Castelia but the line up is always something to look forward to

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    ~ Canon-wise, I'd love to know how multiple regions are coping with their Gym Leaders/Champions all AWOL! Imagine all those poor young trainers who are standing outside an empty gym knocking at the door...
    I've always imagined poor Sinnoh trainers camping outside of the Pokémon League because Cynthia is never there. She's walking around the region, or spending some time in a little house in Sinjoh Ruins, or spending whole months in Undella...
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    I've always imagined poor Sinnoh trainers camping outside of the Pokémon League because Cynthia is never there. She's walking around the region, or spending some time in a little house in Sinjoh Ruins, or spending whole months in Undella...
    Haha, so true. Not to mention Alder.

I think these Champions forget sometimes that they actually have jobs.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

OMG Chili's Emboar has the same moveset as mine Flare blitz/Hammer Arm/Head Smash/Wild Charge. Now i'm just looking over my shoulders to see of a Game Freak workers staring at me.
    Here's my my first fic, Exciting League Battles Hope you like it!

Chapter XII (7) is up! Go have a little sneak peek!

Next Time: Kyurem, Lord of Thunder and Fire!

vs.

Second Fic: Still in Construction (<THAT'S NOT THE TITLE!)

Next Time: Prologue

Lopunnies, Lopunnies it must be Lopunnies! Or maybe Mijamaru....

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Of Keys View Post

Lol, Burgh's team got worse. Switching a Whirlipede with a Swadloon when he already has a Leavanny.

At least his Challenge Mode is better in a sense.
    3DS Friend Code: 0404 - 7523 - 0951 - Feel free to add me

International hype anthem of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnzqWlm59A

X Team (Dale): Kangaskhan, Weavile, Starmie, Garchomp, Chansey, Gliscor
    Y Team (new!; Lucina): Combusken, Aerodactyl, Frogadier, Gloom, Whirlipede, lol
    Shinies: Abomasnow, Floette, Zubat, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Relicanth, Gyarados, Illumise

Quote Originally Posted by Bardische View Post
    Lol, Burgh's team got worse. Switching a Whirlipede with a Swadloon when he already has a Leavanny.

At least his Challenge Mode is better in a sense.
    well yeah i think they only did that to whet the players skills a bit. Challenge mode, for good reason, is supposed to be a challenge. and boy it'll be a challenge, espcially after seeing all the memories come back by looking at whose playing in the tournament

I think that there's no Elite Four tournament simply because there are not enough people for each one. Four Elite members + player = five contenders, we'd steel need more three.
    Or they could just lump all the E4 together, which gives us fourteen (Lance excluded, Bruno counted once). That's enough variation.

I really don't like this attitude whereby people are judged for expressing any opinion short of 'Gamefreak are gods and Pokemon can do no wrong'
    But the games are perfect in every other way! Therefore, they are also perfect in this way! Logic!

They're mostly the same in Normal Mode, with generally one Pokemon changing.

Haha, so true. Not to mention Alder.

I think these Champions forget sometimes that they actually have jobs.
    Given the strength of some post-game Trainers, it's all they can do to hold onto their titles.

Quote Originally Posted by KyuremCraze View Post
    OMG Chili's Emboar has the same moveset as mine Flare blitz/Hammer Arm/Head Smash/Wild Charge. Now i'm just looking over my shoulders to see of a Game Freak workers staring at me.
    ...They're not exactly bad moves. They're also easily available, given that three are level-up and one is a TM, and I doubt they'd give it Egg moves. Hell, my Emboar knows half of those.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 29th June 2012 at 4:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

I've seen a few people (myself included) saying 'Marlon? I don't think that fits Shizui very well at all' and/or 'I don't feel that Corless is anywhere near as good a name as Akuroma. It's weird-sounding, and it'll take a while to get used to'. That's not melodramatic. Most of those who don't like the localised names (the rampant lunatic minority excluded) aren't whining, or trolling, or thinking that voicing our complaints will in any way change anything. We're just discussing our disappointment and weighing up the positives and negatives with fellow fans, the way we do with everything else about the games. Pretty soon we'll shrug it off and get used to the new names, maybe even prefer em.

I said "some" not "all." And believe me, GF are no group of gods. Great people but not that great by a long shot.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

i'm not all that surprised people would think like that. yeah if you grew up with it and found how much BW has changed then you'd think GF was the best thing since sliced bread. the only thing is what happens once u get tired of playing too much? your back to where you start

now then an E4 in tournament does sound tantalizing though imo they wouldn't really hold much of a candle since there is a champions round and that i have to say really takes the cake

i'm not all that surprised people would think like that. yeah if you grew up with it and found how much BW has changed then you'd think GF was the best thing since sliced bread.
    Nah, I grew up with Pokemon. The anime came out when I was 10, and Yellow was the first game I ever got. 13 year later, I'm as big a fan as ever. But I, like most reasonable sane fans, know that GF are just a very talented group of people who have made my life a lot happier...but who are still human and occasionally prone to fault. The Challenge/Assist mode fiasco being the biggest proof of that thus far.

I said "some" not "all."
    I know Just please don't group 'disgruntled fans voicing disappointment about 1 thing' in with the idiots who react to localised names the way most people react to 2 girls 1 cup.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'd imagine that the League puts out a public notice a few weeks/months in advance whenever a large number of officials are on leave.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    I'd imagine that the League puts out a public notice a few weeks/months in advance whenever a large number of officials are on leave.
    So they leave a notice stating that the Gym Leaders will be gone indefinitely?

The World Tournament can't be canon. There isn't any noticeable aging, and it's ludicrous to think the all of the Leaders can simply leave their positions to battle in a tournament for an unspecified (possibly forever) amount of time. It's just a very entertaining feature of the game.

It seems this a problem all the time, given how in every game(sometimes multiple times) there is a gym leader who is out of the gym and needs to be fetched first. In fact, its probably very hard to get all 8 badges simply because the GL is out because of the World Tournament/Getting rid of the evil team/their occupation/just doing whatever. And let's not get onto Champions like Alder, Cynthia and even Flint gets in on the act.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I know Just please don't group 'disgruntled fans voicing disappointment about 1 thing' in with the idiots who react to localised names the way most people react to 2 girls 1 cup.
    Trust me I know the difference and I had none of that in mind.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    The World Tournament can't be canon. There isn't any noticeable aging, and it's ludicrous to think the all of the Leaders can simply leave their positions to battle in a tournament for an unspecified (possibly forever) amount of time. It's just a very entertaining feature of the game.
    Yep, PWT is nothing but pure fanservice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Yep, PWT is nothing but pure fanservice.
    I'm not complaining, though. I really hope this features returns in future games.

I'm not complaining, though. I really hope this features returns in future games.
    I could see it being a feature either exclusive to BW2 or saved for the final game of any given generation.

I somewhat like it, but I hope it stays in B2W2 only.

I somewhat like it, but I hope it stays in B2W2 only.
    Well what do you dislike about it?

Haven't played the games, but apart from the fact that it's frontier/tower/subway rules it seems like a swell idea. Plus there's only three battles instead of having to struggle through a horrid seven battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    Well what do you dislike about it?

Haven't played the games, but apart from the fact that it's frontier/tower/subway rules it seems like a swell idea. Plus there's only three battles instead of having to struggle through a horrid seven battles.
    It is perfect for battling and is very nostalgic to battle the previous leaders and champions.

What I dislike? It is a very personal issue I have with the feature: It is not related to the game plot. And if you try to consider it canon, it would screw with the plot/timeline.
    This issue is not enough to keep me away from battling in the PWT; In fact, I think it is really fun (even though it is too hard)... but I hope it does not come back in the next games.

Anyone else feel sorry for Emmet & Ingo at this point?
    Starting to become abundantly clear why we get a double battle with them in Nimbasa

It is perfect for battling and is very nostalgic to battle the previous leaders and champions.

What I dislike? It is a very personal issue I have with the feature: It is not related to the game plot. And if you try to consider it canon, it would screw with the plot/timeline.
    This issue is not enough to keep me away from battling in the PWT; In fact, I think it is really fun (even though it is too hard)... but I hope it does not come back in the next games.
    Ah. The fact that like everybody ever just happens to be there is a little weird, but it's really best not to think about things like that in Pokemon. Too many discrepancies to get your head around. Like why are Janine and Giovanni both Gym leaders?

(unless it's just a people who were Gym leaders at some point sort of thing)

Anyone else feel sorry for Emmet & Ingo at this point?
    Starting to become abundantly clear why we get a double battle with them in Nimbasa
    Yeah, I was wondering why they were randomly battleable, but it sort of makes sense now. The subway has been totally outshined by the World Tournament, guess they had to remind us of their existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    Ah. The fact that like everybody ever just happens to be there is a little weird, but it's really best not to think about things like that in Pokemon. Too many discrepancies to get your head around. Like why are Janine and Giovanni both Gym leaders?
    Yeah, regarding the World Tournament (and the Sinnoh/Johto Battle Frontier too) it is better to just not think about and consider it non-canon.
    The fact that none of the characters aged or changed clothes, or even Giovanni as a Gym Leader again makes 0 sense.

Page 259 of 340 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309 ... LastLast