Page 269 of 340 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,725 of 8476

Thread: Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    The outside of the Gym doesn't look so great; it leaves much to be desired.
    But then again, when have gym exterior's ever been particularly good(bar Opelucid and maybe Driftveil)? Bearing in mind that this is also the first generation with unique exterior designs for each gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Underachiever007 View Post

And is that Elesa's gym in the picture?
    Considering it's clearly in Nimbasa and has the massive, glowing gym symbol on the front, I'd say yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    The outside of the Gym doesn't look so great; it leaves much to be desired. Still, Elesa's Gym has the best music in my opinion, so it's forgiven. I can't wait to battle against her. ❤
    I think it has the most spectacular visuals as well (inside, I mean). They really pulled all stops with that one.

As far as flashy gyms go, Cheren got the raw end of the deal.

Yeah Drayden wanting Iris to look like that is amazing, but even more amazing the entire build up to it. The protag is oblivious to who she is exactly, and finding her at the end of the league, in that room, with that look, and that music is just great. Even better is for those who played BW and are going into this without spoilers are gonna be blow away. The backdrop is also pretty amazing, representing the E4 and all.
    BLAH

I'm really excited about the World Tournament Type Expert listings. 8 types have an additional trainer and since all the others are gym leaders, I wouldn't put it past Game Freak to use this stage as an opportunity to have the 6th gen gym leaders make cameos!
    The additional types and the order I think it'd be is: Bug (Walter) -> Dark (Vito, Illusane, Bonnie) -> Ghost (Rensuke) -> Psychic (Cart) -> Poison (Botsuri) -> Steel (Thatcher) -> Ground (Ieji) -> Dragon (Ryuichi)
    Sure there are 3 dark-type trainers added, but it could be like the striaton gym leaders where you only fight one. Plus it's about time we have a dark-type gym leader!
    And sure on my list Dragon is last again, but I think it's a toss-up between Steel and Dragon as the final leader.

As neat as that would be, I really doubt these guys are going on to be gym leaders in gen 6. they're not all even named after plants!
    I'm sure fans will take off with it regardless, though, yeesh.

What sprites do those guys use? Are they all Ace Trainers, or do they use player/GL sprites, or have custom sprites, or some random mix or different ones, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Porygandrew View Post
    I'm really excited about the World Tournament Type Expert listings. 8 types have an additional trainer and since all the others are gym leaders, I wouldn't put it past Game Freak to use this stage as an opportunity to have the 6th gen gym leaders make cameos!
    The additional types and the order I think it'd be is: Bug (Walter) -> Dark (Vito, Illusane, Bonnie) -> Ghost (Rensuke) -> Psychic (Cart) -> Poison (Botsuri) -> Steel (Thatcher) -> Ground (Ieji) -> Dragon (Ryuichi)
    Sure there are 3 dark-type trainers added, but it could be like the striaton gym leaders where you only fight one. Plus it's about time we have a dark-type gym leader!
    And sure on my list Dragon is last again, but I think it's a toss-up between Steel and Dragon as the final leader.
    I also hope they will be the 6th gen's Gym Leaders, atleast there wouldn't be any Grass, Water, Fire and Rock gyms.
    Last edited by drawk[e]; 9th July 2012 at 9:47 PM.
    Gimme what I neeeeeeeeed!

Spoiler:- Teams & Stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    What sprites do those guys use? Are they all Ace Trainers, or do they use player/GL sprites, or have custom sprites, or some random mix or different ones, or what?
    Definitely not custom sprites, considering there's no such sprites in the rips.
    other than that we don't know yet

Wonder what they say before the match

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    As neat as that would be, I really doubt these guys are going on to be gym leaders in gen 6. they're not all even named after plants!
    I'm sure fans will take off with it regardless, though, yeesh.
    Oh God. Please, no...

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

Wonder what they say before the match
    Botsuri is described as having a creepy laugh and wants to experiment on you.
    Ieji wants to become a Ground-type Pokemon. ("I will! I'm serious!!")
    Cult is weird, she talks about seven-fingered hands singing ice-cream-flavoured psychics, then falls asleep.
    Walter seems to have no personality to speak of whatsoever.
    Rensuke is a 'shock creator' who lives in a haunted house.
    Ryuuichi talks about the pride of dragons, and was apparently 'chosen by dragons'. (His name can mean '#1 Dragon')
    Thatcher says she can withstand any attack with her Steeled heart, then cries when you beat her.
    Vito turned to Evil because he 'sinned' by stealing a 10-yen coin someone dropped on the ground. (about 8p)
    Illusane is described as the 'Queen of Evil' and has a typical Japanese ojousama laugh. (stuck-up lady)
    Bonnie is a coward who decides that anything goes as long as he wins, even running away to avoid losing.

(Note that all genders except Illusane(Female), Rensuke, Walter and Eiji(Male) are implied from mannerisms, and could be incorrect)

Quote Originally Posted by myriada View Post
    Cult is weird, she talks about seven-fingered hands singing ice-cream-flavoured psychics, then falls asleep.
    Ryuuichi talks about the pride of dragons, and was apparently 'chosen by dragons'. (His name can mean '#1 Dragon')
    Thatcher says she can withstand any attack with her Steeled heart, then cries when you beat her.
    Vito turned to Evil because he 'sinned' by stealing a 10-yen coin someone dropped on the ground. (about 8p)
    Illusane is described as the 'Queen of Evil' and has a typical Japanese ojousama laugh. (stuck-up lady)
    Bonnie is a coward who decides that anything goes as long as he wins, even running away to avoid losing.

(Note that all genders except Illusane(Female), Rensuke, Walter and Eiji(Male) are implied from mannerisms, and could be incorrect)
    y u so weird
    Gimme what I neeeeeeeeed!

Spoiler:- Teams & Stuff:

So they're all insane

Can't say I expected that

uhh.

That's a mite terrifying.

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

So they're all insane

Can't say I expected that
    Aren't most NPCs, especially irrelevant ones, insane anyway?

So I'm guessing Botsuri is a Doctor & Ieji is one of the little kid types (Maybe a School Boy or a Youngster)

Ryuuichi might be an Ace Trainer or Veteran, since the Dragon Tamer class is absent and the Aces/Vets are peppered through Drayden's gym

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Aren't most NPCs, especially irrelevant ones, insane anyway?
    Not to this extent.
    Usually they just go off about shorts or office work or something related to their profession/area.

usually not

Favourite character in B2W2 confirmed.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Cult is weird, she talks about seven-fingered hands singing ice-cream-flavoured psychics, then falls asleep
    Ummm what. Why are these people such freaks, like seriously. Seems odd to give such... unique personalities to NPCs who don't do much.

e: I guess these are this gen's version of frontier brains, though, so it sort of makes sense.
    Last edited by Grey Wind; 9th July 2012 at 11:53 PM.
    AS:

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    Ummm what. Why are these people such freaks, like seriously. Seems odd to give such... unique personalities to NPCs who don't do much.
    Maybe she will show up in a future game as a gym leader or Elite Four kind of like Caitlin.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

Bonnie sounds like the perfect dark-type user, hell id love to see him/her in a future game, sadly seems like all these guys are WT exclusive.

o.o

The WT attracts all the crazies. I kinda hope they show up in later games now.

Unless someone used Google Translate on her dialogue (which would explain a lot of the Funhouse of Horror above), this biatch be crazy.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

It's hard for them to become full-fledged characters in later games because, well, chances are they don't even have their own designs. They're just like named characters from some Trainer classes.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

So has anyone who knows Japanese figured out what in Arceus' name Giovanni is doing in the World Tournament. What does he say when you fight him?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    It's hard for them to become full-fledged characters in later games because, well, chances are they don't even have their own designs. They're just like named characters from some Trainer classes.
    That's not a big problem, really
    "We got makeovers"
    They don't even really need to address it

That said they'll probably never show up again outside of future world tournaments as filler

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    Unless someone used Google Translate on her dialogue (which would explain a lot of the Funhouse of Horror above), this biatch be crazy.
    That's what I immediately thought. What does "seven-fingered hands singing ice-cream-flavoured psychics" even mean? O.O

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Johto Rocket Executives?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    So has anyone who knows Japanese figured out what in Arceus' name Giovanni is doing in the World Tournament. What does he say when you fight him?
    "I am a wanted criminal. Do not notify anyone. Unovans are idiots. I never had this trouble in Kanto; I was apprehended by a ten-year-old. Now, allow me to create more fanon."

Something like that, I don't know.

That said they'll probably never show up again outside of future world tournaments as filler
    Don't crush the dream. Why are you so mean?

Page 269 of 340 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319 ... LastLast