Page 270 of 340 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320 ... LastLast
Results 6,726 to 6,750 of 8476

Thread: Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

  1. #6726
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    "I am a wanted criminal. Do not notify anyone. Unovans are idiots. I never had this trouble in Kanto; I was apprehended by a ten-year-old. Now, allow me to create more fanon."

    Something like that, I don't know.
    LOL, that sounds like something he'd say in a parody or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  2. #6727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    LOL, that sounds like something he'd say in a parody or something.
    Do not say, you do.

  3. #6728
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Don't crush the dream. Why are you so mean?
    Crushing the dream of just-found characters that have no substance sans a handful of sentences to be major characters in upcoming games...?

    The future surrounds us.

    Let us begin.




  4. #6729
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dragon Roost Island
    Posts
    5,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    So has anyone who knows Japanese figured out what in Arceus' name Giovanni is doing in the World Tournament. What does he say when you fight him?
    I'm curious about this too. Apparently Norman mentions living in Johto or something, so Giovanni could say something about y'know, his whole world domination plan (BUT THAT'S IN THE PAST).

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    That said they'll probably never show up again outside of future world tournaments as filler
    Sort of raises the question as to why they gave these people such bizarre personalities if they were just going to be WT people.
    Then again these are the people who brought us Anthea and Concordia and Anthea and Concordia 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    That's what I immediately thought. What does "seven-fingered hands singing ice-cream-flavoured psychics" even mean? O.O
    I drew it on paint!

    yeah

  5. #6730
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    Sort of raises the question as to why they gave these people such bizarre personalities if they were just going to be WT people.
    Then again these are the people who brought us Anthea and Concordia and Anthea and Concordia 2.0
    I don't even remember what Anthea and Concordia were like.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  6. #6731
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    So has anyone who knows Japanese figured out what in Arceus' name Giovanni is doing in the World Tournament. What does he say when you fight him?
    Giovanni dialogue:
    Announcer: The trainer calling himself the strongest, Giovanni, enters!
    Announcer: If you have strength, the rules don't matter! Go, Giovaaanni!
    Those who oppose me will be hurt!
    Those who oppose me will be hurt!
    Those who oppose me will be hurt!
    Hm-Hmph! I can't believe I lost!
    Huff, huff! That was a fierce battle!
    Giovanni: "Hmph! I can't believe I lost! I have nothing to say to you...!"
    Giovanni: "I wish to fight you again, somewhere...!"

  7. #6732
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myriada View Post
    Giovanni dialogue:
    Announcer: The trainer calling himself the strongest, Giovanni, enters!
    Announcer: If you have strength, the rules don't matter! Go, Giovaaanni!
    Those who oppose me will be hurt!
    Those who oppose me will be hurt!
    Those who oppose me will be hurt!
    Hm-Hmph! I can't believe I lost!
    Huff, huff! That was a fierce battle!
    Giovanni: "Hmph! I can't believe I lost! I have nothing to say to you...!"
    Giovanni: "I wish to fight you again, somewhere...!"
    So they don't say anything about it? That's disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  8. #6733
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myriada View Post
    Announcer: If you have strength, the rules don't matter! Go, Giovaaanni!
    Oh, that crapsack Pokémon world. That's how he escaped the police and entered the tournament.

    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

  9. #6734
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    So they don't say anything about it? That's disappointing.
    I get the feeling that most of the WT dialogue will be like this.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  10. #6735
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    I get the feeling that most of the WT dialogue will be like this.
    Probably, but if they're going to allow infamous criminal ringleaders to enter a tournament with every Gym Leader in the world watching, they'd better give us a good explanation as to why.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  11. #6736
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Probably, but if they're going to allow infamous criminal ringleaders to enter a tournament with every Gym Leader in the world watching, they'd better give us a good explanation as to why.
    My excuse is that everything except for the Champions Tournament is non-canon.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  12. #6737
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Probably, but if they're going to allow infamous criminal ringleaders to enter a tournament with every Gym Leader in the world watching, they'd better give us a good explanation as to why.
    He "reformed." He doesn't even mention Team Rocket this time so I'm guessing the second thrashing finally humbled him.

    Honestly I'd raise a bigger eyebrow if, for instance, Cyrus was in the tournament.

  13. #6738
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    Giovanni's a gym leader, that's why he's in the tournament. Simple as that.

  14. #6739
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Giovanni's a gym leader, that's why he's in the tournament. Simple as that.
    Technically not anymore, he ran away and got replaced. And the whole subject is anything but simple.

    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

  15. #6740
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Outskirt Stand
    Posts
    1,301

    Default

    To be honest I didn't expect Giovanni to say much and also it is true that he was replaced I don't thing is it as simple as he just ran away.


    3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.



  16. #6741
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Technically not anymore, he ran away and got replaced. And the whole subject is anything but simple.
    Ok he was a gym leader. Maybe Unovan laws differ from Kanto laws and Looker (the bad cop that he is) never got onto the Giovanni case.

  17. #6742
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    North
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Technically not anymore, he ran away and got replaced. And the whole subject is anything but simple.
    Blue, Giovanni's replacement, is (listed) as champion, so they got the next best guy: the first Viridian City Gym Leader.

    It's been 5 or so years (Pt to BW) and a month (HGSS to Pt) since Kanto was relevant, who knows what changes occurred.

  18. #6743
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,775

    Default

    Eh, I really don't care if ha ran away or not, what matters is he is one of my favorites^^

  19. #6744
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    Posts
    943

    Default

    Wait a sec, could this dark type trainer be Vito Winstate?! I mean his Shiftry is a match and I think he's shown to be ace trainer.. could he be a gym leader in the next region or are these secondary trainers the Frontier Brains of the WT? Hmm..

  20. #6745
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    Wait a sec, could this dark type trainer be Vito Winstate?! I mean his Shiftry is a match and I think he's shown to be ace trainer.. could he be a gym leader in the next region or are these secondary trainers the Frontier Brains of the WT? Hmm..
    No because Vito isn't called Vito in Japan

  21. #6746
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    Posts
    943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    No because Vito isn't called Vito in Japan
    There I go not checking fact again, but seriously why did they add these characters who could act so generic into the WT and give them distinct personalities? Could they be new gym leaders or maybe new E4 for the next games?

  22. #6747
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    There I go not checking fact again, but seriously why did they add these characters who could act so generic into the WT and give them distinct personalities? Could they be new gym leaders or maybe new E4 for the next games?
    Because they wanted Type Masters but the leaders available didn't fill enough slots
    So take some generics and spice them up a bit

  23. #6748
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    My excuse is that everything except for the Champions Tournament is non-canon.
    How is something thats ingame non-canon? Doesnt the fact that its in the game make it canon?

  24. #6749
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Perhaps he did go to jail but he's free now ... ?

  25. #6750
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sSerenity View Post
    Perhaps he did go to jail but he's free now ... ?
    I don't think the police care at all. Not once do they even acknowledge Giovanni as a threat to track down.
    Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if people knew about him at all

    Giovanni: saved by mass incompetence

Page 270 of 340 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •