Page 280 of 340 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 7,000 of 8476

Thread: Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by VEVOZ View Post
    You having a hard time to accept my thinking?
    If you consider Cheren's character arc in BW, it isn't so far-fetched that he finally learned that strength isn't everything and decided to teach a little bit of what he knows about Pokémon training for rookie Trainers, hence taking the position of first Gym Leader.

And in case you don't know, you can challenge Cheren and battle against his BW team in B2W2, so it isn't like the game rebooted him.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

-_____- you people are very strange,

just cuz i dont like one thing, and i have my own opinions, just for that every one needs to tell me im wrong?
    just cuz i have my own opinions about something?

thats as low a human being can go,,,

W2: 5072-1789-3761 | W: 1807-9100-3523 | IGN: Draco | My Clan: The Hoenn Triangle

Spoiler:- THT:

just cuz i dont like one thing, and i have my own opinions, just for that every one needs to tell me im wrong?

Your opinions are being criticized because they're kinda stupid. If you post your opinions to the Internet, that's cool, but being called out on your own ignorance is a risk that comes with doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

This is a discussion forum. Do you know what that word means? If you don't want to discuss, stay away from here. It's as simple as that.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

If anything her voice and song lean more towards a pop song
    some reason Avrail Lavene (too lazy to get correct spelling) popped into my head. who knows maybe thats who Roxie was based off of. and i will laugh if that is true

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Of Keys View Post
    some reason Avrail Lavene (too lazy to get correct spelling) popped into my head. who knows maybe thats who Roxie was based off of. and i will laugh if that is true
    I doubt Avril Lavigne (or however her name's spelled. I can't spell it either LOL) is popular in Japan.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I doubt Avril Lavigne (or however her name's spelled. I can't spell it either LOL) is popular in Japan.
    She probably was at least well know in Japan, in some point of her career.
    Anyway, there are Japanese singers with a similar style, like Aya Kamiki, who is often called "the Japanese Avril Lavigne".

I don't think Roxie is based on one singer. She may even be based off of no one. But one thing's for sure. She must get her own album!
    Here's my my first fic, Exciting League Battles Hope you like it!

Chapter XII (7) is up! Go have a little sneak peek!

Next Time: Kyurem, Lord of Thunder and Fire!

vs.

Second Fic: Still in Construction (<THAT'S NOT THE TITLE!)

Next Time: Prologue

Lopunnies, Lopunnies it must be Lopunnies! Or maybe Mijamaru....

She's most likely based just on the 'Grunge' style.

witch includes the whole rockstar thing.

Also Grunge is waste witch goes well with Poison as a type. Really should've had a trubbish.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

She's either emo or plain J-rock style.
    I don't think she's based on Avr- whatever. It's not difficult to create a rocker chick.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Just a thought, but in the PWT any Gym Leader that had different Rosters in the gyms depending on what game you fought them in, the rosters should carry over.

Like Volkner would have a choice of : Luxray, Electivire, Jolteon, Raichu, Octillary, Lanturn, and Ambipom

reflecting both his DP team as well as his Platinum and Battleground teams.

Would give him somthing to differntiate himself from Surge and Wattson...

Really I'd like them to use the pool of what they had in their prior games, with 1 or 2 new Pokemon too.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Just a thought, but in the PWT any Gym Leader that had different Rosters in the gyms depending on what game you fought them in, the rosters should carry over.

Like Volkner would have a choice of : Luxray, Electivire, Jolteon, Raichu, Octillary, Lanturn, and Ambipom

reflecting both his DP team as well as his Platinum and Battleground teams.

Would give him somthing to differntiate himself from Surge and Wattson...

Really I'd like them to use the pool of what they had in their prior games, with 1 or 2 new Pokemon too.
    Ugh, no. Especially not the DP teams where they filled their teams with random Pokemon because the Sinnoh Dex simply didn't have enough of that type.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

But it would be nice if they were still in the pool to pick from, instead of a situation like every ground user and their mother having Rhypherior or Garchomp...

But it would be nice if they were still in the pool to pick from, instead of a situation like every ground user and their mother having Rhypherior or Garchomp...
    Number of Ground type leaders: 2
    Amount of over lap: None

actually they share Krookodile, but Ground was the worst example...

Let's look at Electric since that's my 1st example, if things went right you could face 3 Electrodes, or 2 Magnezones, or 3 Raichus

there's a lot of repeated mons, now for a type like ice or ghost with a small pool to pick from anyways I can see the repeats making sense.

But let's take a look at some of the many overlaps

Seismitoad, Carracosta, Foretress, Mamoswine, Excadrill Magnezone, Electrode, Raichu, Aggron, Jellicent, Bronzong, Chandelure, Metagross, ABomasnow, Aerodactly, Rhypherior, all from world's strongest

With 600+ Pokemon to choose from you'd think there'd be less overlap, especially in the Water Department where there is tons of choices.

and some of the choices just seem tacked on because they needed 6 types for a trainer.

some that just don't match up
    Eirika and Abomosnow
    Giovanni and Garchomp
    Falkner with Aerodactyl AND Crobat (he even states he is a BIRD trainer in HGSS)
    Whitney's Tauros and Ursaring
    Jasmine's Lucario
    Norman and Ambipom
    Roak and his Crustle (he's a Fossil person meh)
    Byron and Foretress

Seismitoad, Carracosta, Foretress, Mamoswine, Excadrill Magnezone, Electrode, Raichu, Aggron, Jellicent, Bronzong, Chandelure, Metagross, ABomasnow, Aerodactly, Rhypherior, all from world's strongest

With 600+ Pokemon to choose from you'd think there'd be less overlap, especially in the Water Department where there is tons of choices.
    Considering these battles are Battle Frontier level battles, they need to provide a challenge. This means that a lot of pokemon within a type are unsuitable for their teams. Crasher Wake can't exactly be using a Lumineon can he?

and some of the choices just seem tacked on because they needed 6 types for a trainer.

some that just don't match up
    Eirika and Abomosnow
    Giovanni and Garchomp
    Falkner with Aerodactyl AND Crobat (he even states he is a BIRD trainer in HGSS)
    Whitney's Tauros and Ursaring
    Jasmine's Lucario
    Norman and Ambipom
    Roak and his Crustle (he's a Fossil person meh)
    Byron and Foretress
    Most of the weirdness comes from gym leaders using pokemon from regions after their debut regions. Then again, if they can get to Unova for the WT they must be able to catch pokemon from outside their region. Anyway they still all belong to their specialty type, so they fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I'm not worried about overlap as long as one trainer doesn't have the same 6 Pokemon another does. And that's not really a problem, since each type has at least 7 nonlegendary families.

Save for the poor Ghost types, almost all the ghost users are the same, if not for a slight rotation.

Since the only non-legendary ghosts are

Gengar, Mismagius, Dusknoir, Banette, Sableye, Spiritomb, Drifblim, Frosslass, Cofagrigus, Chandelure, Golurk, and Jellicent

in fact if they had done the PWT last Gen, they could only have 3 completely different Ghost teams Thankfully by Gen 4 there were only 2 Ghost Gym Leaders.

and don't diss the Lumineon lol, if they were smart and had given it Quiver Dance like it should've gotten, and with the new Storm Drain, it could really catch one by surprize.

Another thing I would've added to the PWT is Past rivals. The main problem would be the Starter.

For Barry I'd have done
    Staraptor-Sig, Roserade, Floatzel, Rapidash, Heracross, Snorlax.

I'd imagine they'd make Silver's Sneasil his signature, and keep it a sneasil (they did in HGSS for whatever reason). just replacing his starter would be tough because he didn't have a rotational type team like past rivals.

And Wally would really not change much.

I mean they would all be only fightable in the the World's Strongest tourney since they are among the few to make it all the way to the E4...

I'd also like a tournament called "Signature Tournament"

it would be 1 on 1, with the Opponent's each using only their Signature Pokemon's highest evolutionary form, and you only get 1 mon too.
    Last edited by MetalFlygon08; 22nd September 2012 at 5:07 PM.

Save for the poor Ghost types, almost all the ghost users are the same, if not for a slight rotation.

Since the only non-legendary ghosts are

Gengar, Mismagius, Dusknoir, Banette, Sableye, Spiritomb, Drifblim, Frosslass, Cofagrigus, Chandelure, Golurk, and Jellicent

in fact if they had done the PWT last Gen, they could only have 3 completely different Ghost teams Thankfully by Gen 4 there were only 2 Ghost Gym Leaders.
    The only time that's really an issue is with the Type Expert, where there needs to be at least 3 trainers. Other than that, it comes down to how they designed the teams. I would've done something like this:

Morty- Gengar, Sableye, Banette, Cofagrigus, Mismagius, Golurk
    Fantina- Driblim, Mismagius, Dusknoir, Spiritomb, Froslass, Chandelure
    Rensuke- Cofagrigus, Golurk, Sableye, Banette, Jellicent, Dusknoir

It's not perfect, but that's just about the best we can do at this point.

Since I was thinking of the Signature Tournament I made up a image in Paint of every important Trainer and their Signature

Spoiler:- Not picture but words:

If they had included E4 in the PWT there would be a HUGE pool for a signature tournament.

I have to say that Roxie and Marlon are such unique gym leaders I don't really like markin being the 8th gym leader I feel that he should be the 7 th gym leader I really like Roxie's she's one of my favorites
    Looking Good!
    Would you like a "Signature" like mine?, contact me

Quote Originally Posted by StarSurgeX View Post
    I have to say that Roxie and Marlon are such unique gym leaders I don't really like markin being the 8th gym leader I feel that he should be the 7 th gym leader I really like Roxie's she's one of my favorites
    Does it really matter that much?

Quote Originally Posted by StarSurgeX View Post
    But you start right close to Virbank city, Kanto and Johto could get away with it because your path around the regions was a spiral and even then blackthorn was sealed off by caves and ledges.

Coincidentally and hilariously enough, Crobat can learn Brave Bird.

Byron and Forretress
    eh, appearance-wise Forretress is more Steel than Bug, so it actually fits Byron.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

IMO, it would've been better if Giovanni had Dugtrio instead of Golem (Brock has one) and if Bugsy had Ledian instead of Forretress (Jasmine has one). And Erika with Parasect instad of Exeguttor, which could have been easily given to Sabrina in place of Slowking/Espeon. What's more, Volkner should have a Pachirisu instead of Voltorb and Brock a Sudowoodu in place of Relicanth (the most random Pokemon here, IMO) That way Leaders from the same regions wouldn't have repetetive Pokemon and some teams would be more mixed. I also agree that Tauros doesn't fit Whitney (there is Granbull, after all).
    Those are my 3 cents here.

Page 280 of 340 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330 ... LastLast