Page 295 of 340 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,375 of 8476

Thread: Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    So much hate towards the Skyla's little Swoobat...
    I don't hate Swoobat. In fact, I found it to be highly useful when I used it Black. I just think it should have been replaced, rather than Unfezant, since that would make a better fit.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Exactly. She has Swoobat, Sigilyph, Swanna and Skarmory.

Lots of "S"s.
    SKYLA
    ~conspiracy go!~
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 10th October 2012 at 8:23 PM.

Did you really expect her to be difficult using an Ice type and an Electric type?
    Actually no, I was expecting to have an easy victory... Fool me, I lost twice before beating her.

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    Also I don't know how to hack
    Neither do I.

So much hate towards the Skyla's little Swoobat...
    >Implying that thinking that there are better choices for Skyla's roster = hate

Lairon is Rock/Steel, which 4x resists Flying moves. You're making the difficulty lower for yourself by abusing basic game mechanics and strategy.

Did you really expect her to be difficult using an Ice type and an Electric type
    Thanks for reminding me yet again why I love you so much.

e:

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    ~CONSPIRACY~
    Oh, the ~SUSPENSE~
    Last edited by Josef Stylin; 10th October 2012 at 8:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullkid View Post
    Oh, the ~SUSPENSE~
    It's funny because that also starts with the letter S

Quote Originally Posted by Bullkid View Post
    Oh, the ~SUSPENSE~
    Shocking! Also the only problem with Magnemite in BW2 is that it is not going to be that helpful against the Elite4 most likely.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Shazdar View Post
    Shocking! Also the only problem with Magnemite in BW2 is that it is not going to be that helpful against the Elite4 most likely.
    Barring coverage moves, Caitlin and Grimsley can't do very much to it.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Trust me. I used a Magnezone, and it wrecked

Quote Originally Posted by amittal12 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that they could have given Skyla the opposite Version exclusive.Rufflet for White 2 and Vullaby for Black 2 ?or maybe a Pelipper
    Why not switch them, that way you can actually see them in the other version.

I think Swoobat does fit her, it is a flying type and its color scheme matches Skyla's clothes.
    Swoobat isn't a particularly good flier (and I mean good at literally flying, not that it's a bad Flying type or can't use Fly or anything), plus it's not exactly that graceful. That's why it doesn't fit Skyla. I'll admit, it's kind of a minor thing, but it kind of bothers me that they'd keep this thing and get rid of the one Pokemon on her team that does fit that team (Unfezant).
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Swoobat isn't a particularly good flier (and I mean good at literally flying, not that it's a bad Flying type or can't use Fly or anything), plus it's not exactly that graceful. That's why it doesn't fit Skyla.
    Looking from this perspective, you are right... But I do think it is graceful, more than Skarmory, Gliscor and Sigilyph.

Looking from this perspective, you are right... But I do think it is graceful, more than Skarmory, Gliscor and Sigilyph.
    Yeah Swoobat does seem more graceful than Sigilyph.Not sure about Skarmony and Gliscor.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Barring coverage moves, Caitlin and Grimsley can't do very much to it.
    Yeah good point.For Grimsley that's also barring Scrafty.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Quite honestly there are many Pokemon that don't suit the gym leaders. I just don't really think about it like that. I just think about how it contributes to the challenge

Lairon is Rock/Steel, which 4x resists Flying moves. You're making the difficulty lower for yourself by abusing basic game mechanics and strategy.
    Do you have a point? I never said you shouldn't or can't use advantages to your liking. I also never called Skyla "easy" or "hard" or whatever as if her difficulty level was set, I said that it took me a few attempts to beat her.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Do you have a point? I never said you shouldn't or can't use advantages to your liking. I also never called Skyla "easy" or "hard" or whatever as if her difficulty level was set, I said that it took me a few attempts to beat her.
    ...Really? Skyla is one of the easiest gym leaders I've ever battled in any Pokemon game. I soloed her with a SERPERIOR. A Pokemon that is weak to her.

Granted this was in BW1 and probably wouldn't work in BW2.

Look at Skyla's final would tournament team. That's basically where they put what fits her: Swanna, Jumpluff, Drifblim, Archeops, Braviary, Mandibuzz

The question remains as to why they didn't stick one of those on her new team? Even a Rufflet/Vullaby would have been perfect over Swoobat because it would have given the player a pokedex sighting.
    Pokemon Y FC: 3668-8625-7027
    Combee, Volbeat, Pinsir

Because they're significantly weaker

...Really? Skyla is one of the easiest gym leaders I've ever battled in any Pokemon game. I soloed her with a SERPERIOR. A Pokemon that is weak to her.

Granted this was in BW1 and probably wouldn't work in BW2.
    Everyone has different experiences. I've played Black a ton of times with a ton of different teams and the difficulty I had with each gym leader changed based on what Pokemon I was using. There's also more to a battle then just type advantage.

Idk I just find that Swanna of hers makes it easy to defeat because it gets rid of her grass resistance and makes it 4x weak to Electric

Idk I just find that Swanna of hers makes it easy to defeat because it gets rid of her grass resistance and makes it 4x weak to Electric
    It also however, gives her something to counter Rock types, and Swanna takes neutral damage from Ice type moves. If someone goes in not planning to use Electric types and instead using Rock or Ice, then they'll probably have a harder time with Swanna. Plus Swanna could still give an Electric type some trouble, they take neutral damage against Water moves(Pure Electric types at less), Swanna could out-speed the opposing Pokemon and get a critical hit in.
    Last edited by gliscor&yanmega; 11th October 2012 at 1:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugwarrior View Post
    Look at Skyla's final would tournament team. That's basically where they put what fits her: Swanna, Jumpluff, Drifblim, Archeops, Braviary, Mandibuzz

The question remains as to why they didn't stick one of those on her new team? Even a Rufflet/Vullaby would have been perfect over Swoobat because it would have given the player a pokedex sighting.
    I guess not putting in the opposite-version bird promotes interactivity or something. :/

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Words of wisdom: Don't underestimate Cheren when your only teammate is an Azurill...
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I guess not putting in the opposite-version bird promotes interactivity or something. :/
    Not really. As is, you can see at least one Pokemon in each evolutionary line in trainer rosters and just trade for them on the GTS. You can already trade for Mandibuzz/Braviary over the GTS, what's the harm in allowing you to do the same with Vullaby/Rufflet?
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 11th October 2012 at 1:30 AM.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Not really. As is, you can see at least one Pokemon in each evolutionary line in trainer rosters and just trade for them on the GTS. You can already trade for Mandibuzz/Braviary over the GTS, what's the harm in allowing you to do the same with Vullaby/Rufflet?
    Well, yeah. Not needing to trade for Mandibuzz/Vullaby and Braviary/Rufflet means one less potential interaction. Needing to trade for them is one more potential interaction (in other words, increased interaction). It may not seem like much with the presence of the GTS, but for those who don't have Wi-fi access, it's quite the leap.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Well, yeah. Not needing to trade for Mandibuzz/Vullaby and Braviary/Rufflet means one less potential interaction. Needing to trade for them is one more potential interaction (in other words, increased interaction). It may not seem like much with the presence of the GTS, but for those who don't have Wi-fi access, it's quite the leap.
    No it doesn't. All you need is one Pokemon in the evolutionary line, then you can evolve or breed for the other.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    It also however, gives her something to counter Rock types, and Swanna takes neutral damage from Ice type moves. If someone goes in not planning to use Electric types and instead using Rock or Ice, then they'll probably have a harder time with Swanna. Plus Swanna could still give an Electric type some trouble, they take neutral damage against Water moves(Pure Electric types at less), Swanna could out-speed the opposing Pokemon and get a critical hit in.
    Hunh that's true. I never play a Pokemon game without an electric type so that may be the reason

No it doesn't. All you need is one Pokemon in the evolutionary line, then you can evolve or breed for the other.
    I guess. But not everybody wants to evolve or breed Pokémon (which is arguably their fault).

Page 295 of 340 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305 ... LastLast