Page 297 of 340 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,425 of 8476

Thread: Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    Game Freak, this is why you should have let me start with Challenge Mode. Not everyone has a second DS and a completed Black 2 game... Seeing as I have White 2, this means I'll never have access to Challenge Mode ever. You suck, Game Freak.
    It encourages players to buy more, that's really all there is to it.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    It encourages players to buy more, that's really all there is to it.
    I'm seriously considering getting an Action Replay because of this. There is no way I'm buying a second DS and a Black 2 game just to access Challenge Mode early, that's just plain ridiculous. "We're going to include an awesome feature! You only have to pay $185 (DSi is $150, Black 2 is $35, 150 + 35 = 185) to access it from the beginning!"

Nope, sorry Game Freak. Time to get an Action Replay.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

OMG just self impose a challenge. You would have still murdered Cheren with a fighting type and using counter when he only has physical moves. The only difference is the increase in Pokemon.

If you use a Pokemon that was put there just to make a gym leader easier, you won't have a challenge

I do believe this concept has already been invented in the forms of things like Nuzlocke

Yeah or doing a rotational challenge like I am planning on doing.

I was originally gonna do a 20 rotational challenge, but I condensed it down to 12 after I figured out a way to get challenge mode unlocked early

I'm seriously considering getting an Action Replay because of this. There is no way I'm buying a second DS and a Black 2 game just to access Challenge Mode early, that's just plain ridiculous. "We're going to include an awesome feature! You only have to pay $185 (DSi is $150, Black 2 is $35, 150 + 35 = 185) to access it from the beginning!"

Nope, sorry Game Freak. Time to get an Action Replay.
    To each their own, I guess. But keeping things version exclusive does encourage players to buy more, or at least interact with each other more.

Yeah but people our age don't really know as many others with Pokemon games. Plus, it costs a lot of money. I can see where he's coming from

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    Yeah but people our age don't really know as many others with Pokemon games. Plus, it costs a lot of money. I can see where he's coming from
    I can, too, but oh well.

It's unfortunate that things can't be had both ways. :/

I can, too, but oh well.

It's unfortunate that things can't be had both ways. :/
    Yeah I know what you're saying. Damn Gamefreak

Yeah I know what you're saying. Damn Gamefreak
    Yup. They are a business, after all. It's just that they seem to attract the attention of people both young and old and keep them mesmerized with these mysterious creatures called Pokémon.

Yeah. Great marketing techniques. But that's besides the topic.

Sooo...how about the fact they added a water type gym even though we've had like 5 billion water gyms already and STILL no Dark gym!?

Sooo...how about the fact they added a water type gym even though we've had like 5 billion water gyms already and STILL no Dark gym!?
    Not to mention the water gym came after the Dragon gym so late in the game. That didn't make sense to me

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Not to mention the water gym came after the Dragon gym so late in the game. That didn't make sense to me
    What is the problem?
    Water is one of the best types, like Dragon. It makes sense to be a late gym, imo.

I dislike the fact they keep adding more and more Water gyms, but I kinda appreciated this last one.
    Marlon is an interesting character and his gym is beautiful.

Let's hope they do not put any Water or Electric Gyms in Generation 6.

I think it suits Humilau City's tropical theme quite nicely. But then again, they could've made that place a dark, murky city instead of a tropical city and have a Dark-type gym there.

I think it suits Humilau City's tropical theme quite nicely. But then again, they could've made that place a dark, murky city instead of a tropical city and have a Dark-type gym there.
    Kind of like a swamp/bog where its mixed water and dark gym. That would be neat

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Kind of like a swamp/bog where its mixed water and dark gym. That would be neat
    That'd actually be a pretty cool area for a Dark-type gym to be. (:

That'd actually be a pretty cool area for a Dark-type gym to be. (:
    I would have not expected it at all to be honest.

Side Note: Drayden is my favorite gym leader in gen 5. And the fact he had a part after the gym battle was awesome.

I've challenged Marlon once so far and lost(I reseted the game though, defiantly going to try and not do that on White 2...). I used Emboar, Golduck, and Heracross(Level 50 for the first two, level 49 for Heracross). I'm not really in the best position in the gym, type wise, as four of my Pokemon are weak to Water type moves. I want to use Golduck to finish Marlon off but it probably wont work out too well, it only has Psychic and Surf for damaging attacks(Plus Disable and Flash).

I can't wait to battle the Gym leaders on Challenge Mode.

I completely murdered Cheren with Riolu + Counter.

Game Freak, this is why you should have let me start with Challenge Mode. Not everyone has a second DS and a completed Black 2 game... Seeing as I have White 2, this means I'll never have access to Challenge Mode ever. You suck, Game Freak.

Really praying that the rest of the Gyms aren't as pathetically easy as Cheren was...
    Well that all depends on how you battle them. The more advantages you use(Type advantage, healing(Revives mainly), using more Pokemon then the opponent, etc...) the easier it'll be. If you battle gyms the same way battles are done in Battle Subway and PWT, then the difficulty is more higher. I try not to rely on type advantage, I never use healing items, and I try not to use more Pokemon(Doesn't always work out with trainers, I stick with it for gym leaders though), and I've had difficult battles here and there.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    using more Pokemon then the opponent, etc
    That is a thing I always avoid doing.
    I always use the exact same amount of Pokémon the Gym Leader uses, like in the anime.

2x2, 3x3, 4x4, etc.

Winning with six Pokémon against a adversary that only has two or three does not seems fair to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Well that all depends on how you battle them. The more advantages you use(Type advantage, healing(Revives mainly), using more Pokemon then the opponent, etc...) the easier it'll be. If you battle gyms the same way battles are done in Battle Subway and PWT, then the difficulty is more higher. I try not to rely on type advantage, I never use healing items, and I try not to use more Pokemon(Doesn't always work out with trainers, I stick with it for gym leaders though), and I've had difficult battles here and there.
    I agree.

Many people have complained about the game being too easy and the Gym Leaders, E4, and Champion's Pokemon roster suck.
    We really can't do something about it. So the only solution is to give ourselves a challenge. So many ideas:

- Use only 1 or 2 Pokemon.
    - Use a Pokemon that is weak against the opponent.
    - Don't use any item (even hold items) throughout the battle.
    - Do not heal your Pokemon/party throughout the whole gym, League, etc...
    - Battle them with under-leveled Pokemon, let's say 5-20 levels lower than the opponent.
    - etc...

To put it simply: If you find it easy, then make it difficult for yourself.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Too me its very hard to even out the levels when comparing it to the gym leaders levels...and I like catching alot of pokemon at the begining. So i ususally stay under-leveled.

Besides, if you want a challange, do the PWt when you get too it (Or...you know, try nuzlocking xD), it forces alot of those things onto them. I only wish there was a singles 6 on 6...even if it would take forever. I LOVE 6 on 6 fights...lol

its why I'm playing triples despite not really likeing them all that much.

IN anycase. I ADORE the PWT. Its so much fun. <3....

but I can't help but think that all of their lines are totally copy and pasted...well not all of them. but alot seem to be the same thing they said in their games relatively.
    Volkner STILL can't enjoy a battle appearantly >_>.. XD

And I've already shown drayden the bright future twice...As Connor in black and white, and Pika in black and white 2 ._...XD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I used the Thundurus I got from the dream radar to take on most of the gyms, it made most of them fairly easy. Except for the Opelucid Gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I agree.

Many people have complained about the game being too easy and the Gym Leaders, E4, and Champion's Pokemon roster suck.
    We really can't do something about it. So the only solution is to give ourselves a challenge. So many ideas:

- Use only 1 or 2 Pokemon.
    - Use a Pokemon that is weak against the opponent.
    - Don't use any item (even hold items) throughout the battle.
    - Do not heal your Pokemon/party throughout the whole gym, League, etc...
    - Battle them with under-leveled Pokemon, let's say 5-20 levels lower than the opponent.
    - etc...

To put it simply: If you find it easy, then make it difficult for yourself.
    Or, don't level grind before the Gym.

I'm often vastly underleveled compared to Gym Leader, as I like to train a full team of Pokemon. I often avoid trainers to conserve HP and PP for the Leader. Trust, me when you're not overleveled these gyms can be a challenge. xD
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

So my Black 2 hasn't arrived yet from goddamn Amazon, despite my pre-ordering it 3 months ago and paying extra for their so-called 'guaranteed' release day delivery. Grr.

Even if it comes now I'm gonna have to work my butt off to get my first gym badge before midnight. Beating the 1st gym on the 1st day of my journey has been a tradition since I first held Red version in my hands. I'm...so unspeakably hacked off at Amazon right now.

So, um, on a cheerier note, I've been hearing from people that the difficulty levels are impressive in this game, even without Challenge Mode on? I hope this is true.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

I think what they should've done was taken out one of the earlier gyms (maybe Burgh, Elesa, Clay, or Skyla, those 4 are way too bunched together) and put a Dark type gym in Lacunosa Town. There's definitely inconsistent pacing with the gyms in this game, gyms 3-6 are right next to each other, but the 7th gym is like, 4 towns away.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Page 297 of 340 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307 ... LastLast