Page 310 of 340 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313314320 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,750 of 8476

Thread: Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

  1. #7726
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    It's kind of weird she puts on a dress specifically for battles...
    I don't know. I think it would be more weird for her not to dress up for such an important event as a champion's battle.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  2. #7727
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,572

    Default

    I think of it similar to Contest battles. Dressing up for something important.

  3. #7728
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    5,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    Speaking of pointless character appearances, what about Marshall being the roadblock to Twist Mountain?

    All that happens if you speak to him is he changes one line of dialogue when you battle him at the League. What's the point? Couldn't they have replaced him with a generic Worker?
    This. I would've preferred that on your first attempt to access Twist Mountain, you'll be pushed back and then Marshal comes out to tell you that you can't enter. Then he leaves. Soon after, a generic worker would come out and block it and say sorry for the inconvenience.

    .: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  4. #7729
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    7,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    I don't know. I think it would be more weird for her not to dress up for such an important event as a champion's battle.
    Yeah but that dress would be like for a dinner gathering or something, not a Pokemon battle

  5. #7730
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Don't ship me with Canada
    Posts
    6,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    Speaking of pointless character appearances, what about Marshall being the roadblock to Twist Mountain?

    All that happens if you speak to him is he changes one line of dialogue when you battle him at the League. What's the point? Couldn't they have replaced him with a generic Worker?
    I never got this either, a worker or a boulder like the one blocking the entrance to Terrakion in BW1 could've have worked over an Elite Four member too.

  6. #7731
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    7,986

    Default

    I think they thought "we haven't shown the Unova Elite 4 outside enough, so let's show the one that we did show outside of the league instead of someone forgettable like Grimsley"

  7. #7732
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Viridian City Gym, Kanto
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Unova elite 4 was my least favorite

    Edit:SirIllo Leveled Up!

    SirIllo leared Ill-Blast
    OG Post: BearTown:

    you sir made me laugh so hard. made my day

    "...'And when the dirt hits the coffin, just go to sleep..."
    Hollywood Undead
    Credit to Jew Bagel

  8. #7733
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Smelling the cat food
    Posts
    9,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    I think they thought "we haven't shown the Unova Elite 4 outside enough, so let's show the one that we did show outside of the league instead of someone forgettable like Grimsley"
    Well, Marshal fits better than Grimsley, considering Grimsley doesn't have much business around a moutain. Marshal, however, can train his Fighting types against the high-level Rock types.

    Quote Originally Posted by SirIllo View Post
    Unova elite 4 was my least favorite
    Good argument. I'm convinced.

  9. #7734
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,236

    Default

    Unova Elite 4 is easily the most interesting to me.

  10. #7735
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Viridian City Gym, Kanto
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Really? did you all ever play the hoeen games or were you lost for 5 years
    OG Post: BearTown:

    you sir made me laugh so hard. made my day

    "...'And when the dirt hits the coffin, just go to sleep..."
    Hollywood Undead
    Credit to Jew Bagel

  11. #7736
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    7,986

    Default

    My favourite is the Sinnoh elite 4 personally. They had cool typings and their personality and appearance varied. Unova Elite 4 are awful, definitely the worst out of all of them

  12. #7737
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Viridian City Gym, Kanto
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Best was kanto if you count the champions in this
    OG Post: BearTown:

    you sir made me laugh so hard. made my day

    "...'And when the dirt hits the coffin, just go to sleep..."
    Hollywood Undead
    Credit to Jew Bagel

  13. #7738
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirIllo View Post
    Really? did you all ever play the hoeen games or were you lost for 5 years
    ...Good argument. I'm convinced [2]

    PS: Hoenn E4 is the second better to me. Unova > Hoenn > Sinnoh > Johto > Kanto.

  14. #7739
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    7,986

    Default

    ...Unova were terrible.

    Sinnoh > Hoenn > Johto/Kanto > Orre > Fiore > Mystery Dungeon World > High Charity > Unova

  15. #7740
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Don't ship me with Canada
    Posts
    6,631

    Default

    I like all the Elite Four equal except for the Sinnoh League.

  16. #7741
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    696

    Default

    I didn't expect the Elite Four's rooms to change. They're still great. I wish we saw them more ingame.

  17. #7742
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Viridian City Gym, Kanto
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Arceus smiles on kanto and johto... The ogs of the world
    OG Post: BearTown:

    you sir made me laugh so hard. made my day

    "...'And when the dirt hits the coffin, just go to sleep..."
    Hollywood Undead
    Credit to Jew Bagel

  18. #7743
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Smelling the cat food
    Posts
    9,235

    Default

    The Unova Elites are my personal favorite, if only because of the fact that they were given actual backstories and were treated more like actual characters, rather than "HERP DERP I'M STRONG AND I LIKE THESE POKEYMANZ FIGHT MEH."

    But your argument has solid backing, as well.

  19. #7744
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    7,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    I like all the Elite Four equal except for the Sinnoh League.
    ...Why? Sinnoh's were the most unique IMO

    Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    The Unova Elites are my personal favorite, if only because of the fact that they were given actual backstories and were treated more like actual characters, rather than "HERP DERP I'M STRONG AND I LIKE THESE POKEYMANZ FIGHT MEH."

    But your argument has solid backing, as well.
    ...What backstory?

  20. #7745
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Viridian City Gym, Kanto
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    the unova elites are my personal favorite, if only because of the fact that they were given actual backstories and were treated more like actual characters, rather than "herp derp i'm strong and i like these pokeymanz fight meh."

    but your argument has solid backing, as well.
    whoa! We deserve a challenge not a little backstory piece of foolishness!
    OG Post: BearTown:

    you sir made me laugh so hard. made my day

    "...'And when the dirt hits the coffin, just go to sleep..."
    Hollywood Undead
    Credit to Jew Bagel

  21. #7746
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Don't ship me with Canada
    Posts
    6,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    ...Why? Sinnoh's were the most unique IMO
    I guess it was probably because of Flint lacking Fire types but blame DP, at least Platinum fixed that. I don't dislike them as Aaron is one of my favorite characters but I guess the other regional Elite Four overshadowed Sinnoh to me

  22. #7747
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    7,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    I guess it was probably because of Flint lacking Fire types but blame DP, at least Platinum fixed that. I don't dislike them as Aaron is one of my favorite characters but I guess the other regional Elite Four overshadowed Sinnoh to me
    I agree with you there. I hated the Sinnoh Elite 4 pre Platinum

  23. #7748
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    The Unova Elites are my personal favorite, if only because of the fact that they were given actual backstories and were treated more like actual characters, rather than "HERP DERP I'M STRONG AND I LIKE THESE POKEYMANZ FIGHT MEH."

    But your argument has solid backing, as well.
    The Unova ones are also my favorite. I think Shauntal is my favorite E4 member~

  24. #7749
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Viridian City Gym, Kanto
    Posts
    67

    Default

    MAH GAWD! Did you ever eel the suspence of fighting your rival as the champion in yellow?
    OG Post: BearTown:

    you sir made me laugh so hard. made my day

    "...'And when the dirt hits the coffin, just go to sleep..."
    Hollywood Undead
    Credit to Jew Bagel

  25. #7750
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    7,986

    Default

    I found Cynthia to be more suspenseful

Page 310 of 340 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313314320 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •