Page 319 of 340 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,975 of 8476

Thread: Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    I'm talking about Challenge Mode Cheren and Roxie. Normal Mode was fine with me, but Challenge Mode was an increase in difficult for me. Plus I didn't have Mareep to use against Pidove, didn't want to make things that much easier for me. Plus I have the Shift/Set option set on Set, so if I were to switch out Riolu, someone would probably get hit by Pidove or it would just power up, of course I could just put it on Shift, but, again, trying to keep the game difficult as possible without using easy ways out.
    Okay, I got that, but even on Normal mode, they should be a little bit tougher than that. Hell, I'm having more trouble with ordinary trainers than Gym Leaders in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by zhanton View Post
    Am I the only one who felt that Unfezant fit Skyla more than Swoobat or Sigilyph (Challenge Mode) do? Especially in the case of Sigilyph, I just don't really see it fitting Skyla.
    OMG yes. Unfezant is the only one of her original team that really felt like it fit (Swanna kind of did, but not completely).
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Okay, I got that, but even on Normal mode, they should be a little bit tougher than that. Hell, I'm having more trouble with ordinary trainers than Gym Leaders in this game.
    I think one of the reasons for this is because the trainers can potentially have any type of Pokémon (assumptions only based on their trainer sprite), whereas the player tends to know the type of Pokémon the gym leader uses and accomodates their team to perform the best based on this knowledge. In other words, the surprise factor that trainers have that gym leaders don't.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

I'm about to start challenge mode on my next game, as soon as I've gotten the shiny gible. Are the gyms really that much harder? They looked more difficult, but not to that much of a severity.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Quote Originally Posted by Charoshi View Post
    I'm about to start challenge mode on my next game, as soon as I've gotten the shiny gible. Are the gyms really that much harder? They looked more difficult, but not to that much of a severity.
    Of course, if you just compares levels, it doesn't really seem that hard, but when considering the pacing of the game, it can get quite hard if you're not prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Of course, if you just compares levels, it doesn't really seem that hard, but when considering the pacing of the game, it can get quite hard if you're not prepared.
    I always found in my W2 and B2 play throughs that I was always over levelled vs the Gym leaders. Heck, in both games I was higher than the champ by the time I fought them. So I guess I'll just see what Cheren hits me with. xD
    SoulSilver BQ

I always found in my W2 and B2 play throughs that I was always over levelled vs the Gym leaders. Heck, in both games I was higher than the champ by the time I fought them. So I guess I'll just see what Cheren hits me with. xD
    If you want to challenge yourself without putting any artificial limitations on your playthrough, you should try fighting only the trainers that are required and avoid every unavoidable trainer. (:

If you want to challenge yourself without putting any artificial limitations on your playthrough, you should try fighting only the trainers that are required and avoid every unavoidable trainer. (:
    Hahaha, I actually did that to an extent on B2 and was still higher. While it was fun playing the underdog in previous games, I've grown fond of blasting through opponents with a high levelled team. I'm looking forward to challenge mode, because I haven't had troubles with gym leaders since the days of Silver version Miltank. (shudder) I might try your idea though if I lose the fun value of obliterating my foes though
    SoulSilver BQ

Hahaha, I actually did that to an extent on B2 and was still higher. While it was fun playing the underdog in previous games, I've grown fond of blasting through opponents with a high levelled team. I'm looking forward to challenge mode, because I haven't had troubles with gym leaders since the days of Silver version Miltank. (shudder) I might try your idea though if I lose the fun value of obliterating my foes though
    Of course, nothing's stopping you from using the same six Pokémon throughout the entire game, right? Now with the reusable TM's, you can just teach any one move to as many Pokémon you want. (:

Of course, nothing's stopping you from using the same six Pokémon throughout the entire game, right? Now with the reusable TM's, you can just teach any one move to as many Pokémon you want. (:
    heh, I'm the type of player that gets really attached to my in-game team. I even like to switch up the gym battling rosters. Like in White 2, I could have swept with my OP Krokorok, but instead used Electabuzz and Pignite as well. I find it more fun than sweeping gym leaders with a single pokemon.
    SoulSilver BQ

heh, I'm the type of player that gets really attached to my in-game team. I even like to switch up the gym battling rosters. Like in White 2, I could have swept with my OP Krokorok, but instead used Electabuzz and Pignite as well. I find it more fun than sweeping gym leaders with a single pokemon.
    I know, I'm like that, too. But it doesn't hurt to do something you don't normally do in order to challenge yourself, right? (:

I know, I'm like that, too. But it doesn't hurt to do something you don't normally do in order to challenge yourself, right? (:
    Yup! Sometimes I need to do that to avoid getting bored of the franchise, although BW2 has reenergized me quite a lot
    SoulSilver BQ

Yup! Sometimes I need to do that to avoid getting bored of the franchise, although BW2 has reenergized me quite a lot
    Of course, even if you do get bored of the game, the important part is that you're immediately pumped again for the next installment. (:

Do you guys turn off the switching pokemon option? Just something to consider if you want more of a challenge

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Do you guys turn off the switching pokemon option? Just something to consider if you want more of a challenge
    In Challenge Mode, I do. In Normal Mode, I don't.

I only leave that option on in Normal Mode because I usually just speed through Normal Mode anyway and take my time with Challenge Mode.

In Challenge Mode, I do. In Normal Mode, I don't.

I only leave that option on in Normal Mode because I usually just speed through Normal Mode anyway and take my time with Challenge Mode.
    Makes sense to me. It just changes things up a little bit

Makes sense to me. It just changes things up a little bit
    Now that I think about it, I should leave that option off in Easy Mode, just to make Easy Mode slightly more challenging. Hmm.

I always have it on, even though it's basically cheating.

Lawl.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    I always have it on, even though it's basically cheating.

Lawl.
    To be fair, it's not really considered cheating. You're not taking advantage of a design flaw, and besides, it's the default option anyway. o:

Now that I think about it, I should leave that option off in Easy Mode, just to make Easy Mode slightly more challenging. Hmm.
    Well that and it helps you pick your team more carefully

To be fair, it's not really considered cheating. You're not taking advantage of a design flaw, and besides, it's the default option anyway. o:
    Yeah.

I'll go with that.

Yeah.

I'll go with that.
    Haha, you'd take anything that can be said to make it so that your decision not to touch the Options menu is considered cheating, huh? (:

Haha, you'd take anything that can be said to make it so that your decision not to touch the Options menu is considered cheating, huh? (:
    Not touch the Options menu?

And play on Medium text speed? What madness are you suggesting?

And play on Medium text speed?
    I would probably die

Not touch the Options menu?

And play on Medium text speed? What madness are you suggesting?
    You know what I mean.

Changing text speed doesn't have any mechanical impact at all on gameplay. :P

I purposely kept using Thunder Wave on her Grimer, and her Grimer never used Mud-Slap. :/
    Paralyze doesn't work all the time. Also, because Mud-Slap lowers accuracy 100% of the time, it just makes things more difficult. If you get lucky and never get hit then that's great, but luck doesn't always work out in your favor.

Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    Elesa uses a joltik with enery ball? that's broken

I wonder how Skyla counters electric types, since I OHKOd everything with Jolteon
    She doesn't have any real counters against Electric types, nothing type wise at less.

However, Swoobat is fast and has Attract, if it's up something slower that's a male things could be difficult.

Skarmory has Sturdy as well as Agility, so it can take a hit, then Speed up, then hit back. It also has a healing Berry, so if it's not damaged too much(Which could be possible with it's high Defense) it can heal a little, although I don't think that would be that useful against Electric types.

Sigilyph is fast and has Hypnosis.

Swanna has it's own thing but really isn't useful against Electric types considering the 4x effectiveness. Skyla's first three Pokemon are probably suppose to stop any Electric types, while Swanna can handle Rocks and Ice types(Skarmory can do so as well).

I decided to start doing that with these games. It defiantly makes a difference for me. Now if you want to switch you have to do so by giving up a turn and either getting hit, stat lowers, affected with something, or your opponent gets stronger.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Page 319 of 340 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329 ... LastLast