Page 321 of 340 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,025 of 8476

Thread: Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    If you have a Fire type that's at least Lv. 20, Burgh's an utter cakewalk.
    I didn't have one and it was still a cakewalk.

IIRC, my team was: @ that point. I may be mistaken though. I don't exactly remember.

Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone carried me through more than 1/2 the gyms easily.

I actually used Magnemite, but I always had it underleved because I used my Dewott and crew more.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    I actually used Magnemite, but I always had it underleved because I used my Dewott and crew more.
    I just used it for gyms and my other Pokemon for trainers. Then I got my Porygon2 and the game became a slaughterhouse

Beat Skyla. The first time her Swoobat pwned my Galvantula with Acrobatics, but the next time, she decided to use Heart Stamp instead. Skarmory and Swanna weren't much of a threat, though, once I got past Swoobat I pretty much had it in the bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Beat Skyla. The first time her Swoobat pwned my Galvantula with Acrobatics, but the next time, she decided to use Heart Stamp instead. Skarmory and Swanna weren't much of a threat, though, once I got past Swoobat I pretty much had it in the bag.
    Congrats ^^

Acrobatics took out my Samurott but after that, Skarmory's Sturdy was the only real problem because it was the only PKMN I couldn't OHKO

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Congrats ^^

Acrobatics took out my Samurott but after that, Skarmory's Sturdy was the only real problem because it was the only PKMN I couldn't OHKO
    Swoobat was only really problematic because it was the only Pokemon that could outspeed me. Swanna was a OHKO of course, and Skarmory merely used Steel Wing or something during its free turn.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Swoobat was only really problematic because it was the only Pokemon that could outspeed me. Swanna was a OHKO of course, and Skarmory merely used Steel Wing or something during its free turn.
    IMO, she should have used something other than Swanna. That Pokemon makes me feel sad for her

IMO, she should have used something other than Swanna. That Pokemon makes me feel sad for her
    I agree. I've never not 1 hit KOd it. Even the one time I had no super effective moves on, my Sigilyph crit hitted with synchronoise xD
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Quote Originally Posted by Charoshi View Post
    I agree. I've never not 1 hit KOd it. Even the one time I had no super effective moves on, my Sigilyph crit hitted with synchronoise xD
    I guess the only advantage to it would be outspeeding and taking out Rock-types you use

I guess the only advantage to it would be outspeeding and taking out Rock-types you use
    Hahaha, my rock type has always taken out a different one of her Pokemon. I think Skyla should have had Braviary/Mandibuzz over Swanna, or even Archeops. In my opinion she is simply the biggest pushover of all the gym leaders in both 1 and 2.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Quote Originally Posted by Charoshi View Post
    Hahaha, my rock type has always taken out a different one of her Pokemon. I think Skyla should have had Braviary/Mandibuzz over Swanna, or even Archeops. In my opinion she is simply the biggest pushover of all the gym leaders in both 1 and 2.
    I think I can agree with that.

Archeops would have been pretty sweet but the whole it being a fossil thing wouldn't work for me. I think Swanna is fine where it is. But it's so dang weak 8/

I think I can agree with that.

Archeops would have been pretty sweet but the whole it being a fossil thing wouldn't work for me. I think Swanna is fine where it is. But it's so dang weak 8/
    IDK, I think Archeops might be a bit OP for the 6th gym. That thing can destroy you when Defeatist isn't in effect. What about Drifblim?

IDK, I think Archeops might be a bit OP for the 6th gym. That thing can destroy you when Defeatist isn't in effect. What about Drifblim?
    The Ghost thing doesn't fit to me. And I think her thing is Bird-type as well as Flying-type.

But if we had to break that, Drifblim would be nice because the whole hot air balloon thing and her aviation skills. I would have loved it if she had an Altaria

I would have loved it if she had an Altaria
    IDK, I think I'd rather give Altaria to Drayden. But if we're not doing that, then sure.

Her Pokemon are all weak to Electric, at least they could have gave her something that can learn Earthquake.

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    Her Pokemon are all weak to Electric, at least they could have gave her something that can learn Earthquake.
    Gliscor, then?

Gliscor, then?
    That would have been good. They made her too easy if you had an Ice, Rock, or Electric type move.

That would have been good. They made her too easy if you had an Ice, Rock, or Electric type move.
    That's a Flying-type Gym for you

Electric yes, she has no way of countering those at all. But, Skarmory and Swanna both do fairly well against Rock types with their respective STABs. Skarmory also does well against Ice types, and Swanna is neutral to Ice attacks or resist it if it uses Roost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

She should just have one pokemon of each that do well vs their weaknesses. I would give her

Skarmory
    Gliscor
    Swanna
    Challenge mode Archeops.

I think Archeops is overkill for even the 6th gym's Challenge Moed. STAB 110 power Acrobatics coming off a base 140 attack is insane. Especially considering that, relatively, the strongest attack at that point was Excadrill's Bulldoze, which is about half as strong anyway.
    Sigilyph is fine for Challenge Mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    I think Archeops is overkill for even the 6th gym's Challenge Moed. STAB 110 power Acrobatics coming off a base 140 attack is insane. Especially considering that, relatively, the strongest attack at that point was Excadrill's Bulldoze, which is about half as strong anyway.
    Sigilyph is fine for Challenge Mode.
    How about Archeops getting a life orb? That way you just need to live 5 turns and you're golden.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    How about Archeops getting a life orb? That way you just need to live 5 turns and you're golden.
    I doubt Life Orb would change much, yes Acrobatics doesn't get it's doubled power but it still has Stab(I believe NPC's Pokemon get it), plus Archeops still has a very high Attack so long as it's ability doesn't affect it, it's also fast so unless you are using something faster you wont be able to reduce it's HP. Add Life Orb's boost and Acrobatics will still be giving a powerful punch I'm sure.

Gliscor really would be the only Pokemon that would be a good enough suit for Skyla to counter Electric types as everything else is covered. Although I think she's fine as is anyways, while her Pokemon don't have any moves or resistant to Electric types they do have:
    -Swoobat's Attract, so if you are using a male, things could be annoying. Swoobat is also fast so you may not outspeed it in time.
    -Skarmory's Sturdy plus Agility, unless you have Mold Breaker or similar Ability, you aren't knocking it out with one hit, it can then Speed up with Agility and probably hit you first next turn. Additionally, Challenge Mode Skarmory has a healing Berry, I'm not sure if it would heal it enough(With it taking affect after Sturdy took affect) to prevent Skyla from using a Hyper Potion, but I would think it would, which is probably why it has the Berry in the first place, this way Skarmory gets faster and still has some HP.
    -In Challenge Mode there's Sigilyph who has Hypnosis, Sigilyph is fast so it could get it in first, once you're Asleep things could take a turn for the worse.
    Nothing really from Swanna to deal with Electric types at all though. Even so, the other three can still counter Electric types despite being weak to them.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

My battle with Burgh was surprisingly easy. I think I'm more upset that his roster barely changed from the original; Swadloon in place of Whirlipede makes sense, but why keep Dwebble? Anyway, I'm terrified of battling Skyla later on; her Skarmory alone makes me uneasy. Also, I'm not liking the huge level gap between her team's and Drayden's.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    My battle with Burgh was surprisingly easy. I think I'm more upset that his roster barely changed from the original; Swadloon in place of Whirlipede makes sense, but why keep Dwebble? Anyway, I'm terrified of battling Skyla later on; her Skarmory alone makes me uneasy. Also, I'm not liking the huge level gap between her team's and Drayden's.
    What's your team Kira?

Page 321 of 340 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331 ... LastLast