Page 322 of 340 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,050 of 8476

Thread: Gym Leaders and Elite Four Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    What's your team Kira?
    Dewott level 28, Lucario, Darumaka, Flaaffy and Tranquill all level 26. I was disappointed earlier because my team seemed under leveled, but I found Castelia Park and I trained against some Audino. I just recently beat Burgh, and I'm currently on Route 4 just before the battle against Colress. I plan to catch a Sandile and evolve it for the battle against Elesa.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    My battle with Burgh was surprisingly easy. I think I'm more upset that his roster barely changed from the original; Swadloon in place of Whirlipede makes sense, but why keep Dwebble?
    Why not? Dwebble is a nice counter to the Fire and Flying types that destroy his Swadloon and Leavanny. I'm more upset that they had the nerve to give him two Pokemon in the Leavanny line, that was really uncreative. They should've given him a Joltik or a Yanma or something.

Also, I'm not liking the huge level gap between her team's and Drayden's.
    At least then it's justified, seeing as there's three towns in between them. Most of the gyms are one town away and there's still a 5 level gap in between, which usually requires you to grind quite frequently.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    At least then it's justified, seeing as there's three towns in between them. Most of the gyms are one town away and there's still a 5 level gap in between, which usually requires you to grind quite frequently.
    Unless you frequently rotate between 10 or more Pokémon, I don't see why you'd ever need to grind in this game. The trainers should provide enough experience for you.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

Dewott level 28, Lucario, Darumaka, Flaaffy and Tranquill all level 26. I was disappointed earlier because my team seemed under leveled, but I found Castelia Park and I trained against some Audino. I just recently beat Burgh, and I'm currently on Route 4 just before the battle against Colress. I plan to catch a Sandile and evolve it for the battle against Elesa.
    You're not that much in hot water. Your future Ampharos could star in Skyla's Gym. Or your soon to be Darmanitan could handle Skarmory too. I trained in the Castelia Park also, I trained so much there, my Servine evolved after I defeated Elesa.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    Unless you frequently rotate between 10 or more Pokémon, I don't see why you'd ever need to grind in this game. The trainers should provide enough experience for you.
    They don't. The trainers in between are only enough for like, what, 2-3 levels in between gyms or something.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

They don't. The trainers in between are only enough for like, what, 2-3 levels in between gyms or something.
    It's not like you need to equal the levels of the Gym Leader's Pokémon to stand a chance or anything.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

It's not like you need to equal the levels of the Gym Leader's Pokémon to stand a chance or anything.
    Exactly. Besides, the way the levels of opponents in this game scale is so that the game can be beaten with little/no grinding at all. That is, if you don't try to stack for a team of 6 so early in the game. The Lucky Egg only simplifies things. I managed to finish each gym a level or two behind each leader's ace and had no trouble, and by the time I reached Iris, my team of 6 was on par with her team, with my Serperior matching the level of her Haxorus at the battle's start.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Yeah, but it matters when all of your Pokemon are drastically underleveled in the first place.

Yeah, but it matters when all of your Pokemon are drastically underleveled in the first place.
    What do you count as drastically underleveled? I think a few of my team members were six levels below Drayden's Haxorus, but by then I had a big numbers advantage.

Dewott level 28, Lucario, Darumaka, Flaaffy and Tranquill all level 26. I was disappointed earlier because my team seemed under leveled, but I found Castelia Park and I trained against some Audino. I just recently beat Burgh, and I'm currently on Route 4 just before the battle against Colress.
    Uh, you're way overleveled, fyi.

Don't skip areas, then?

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Don't skip areas, then?
    I didn't, I've gone through every area and battled every trainer I possibly can.

I think I'm more upset that his roster barely changed from the original; Swadloon in place of Whirlipede makes sense, but why keep Dwebble?
    I have the opposite opinion. Dwebble adds for some extra coverage. Swadloon is absolutely pointless. I get that he had to get rid of Whirlipede for Roxie, but there are so many bug Pokemon in Unova. Karrablast/Shelmet would have been perfect.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I have the opposite opinion. Dwebble adds for some extra coverage. Swadloon is absolutely pointless. I get that he had to get rid of Whirlipede for Roxie, but there are so many bug Pokemon in Unova. Karrablast/Shelmet would have been perfect.
    That's exactly what he did in Challenge Mode. But for Normal Mode? IDK, it doesn't feel right to use one and not the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    It's probably just a design thing, but I don't see why Game Freak had to "get rid of" Burgh's Whirlipede for Roxie. I mean, nothing stops both Burgh and Roxie from having a Whirlipede.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Defeated Challenge Mode Skyla on the first go.

Went in with Level 40/41 Serperior, Zoroark, Vibrava, and Crobat. Ended with Crobat vs Sigilyph(Was at type Disadvantage, I had Bite though, although it only took off a little less then half the HP so I used Acrobatics to finish it off, thankfully that was enough otherwise I would have lost). Was a close battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    It's probably just a design thing, but I don't see why Game Freak had to "get rid of" Burgh's Whirlipede for Roxie. I mean, nothing stops both Burgh and Roxie from having a Whirlipede.
    It's just a matter of not having to battle two Whirlipede from a Gym Leader so close together, they probably saw it as unnecessary or whatever, although still...Swadloon is rather unnecessary as well.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

It's awfully convenient that the Pokemon Breeder on Rt. 11 has an Altaria. It's perfect for training for Drayden.

Finally beat the Unova League today.

Grimsley was the victim of half my team being fighting types, but he still put a good effort in. Marshal's bulk was annoying, but I chipped through with Samurott and Heracross. Shauntal was the strongest Elite Four but I still handled the battle well. I swept Caitlin. Iris was a good last opponent, and I think she was more of a challenge than Alder. I had to heal during the battle at times to avoid being defeated. I finished with my Samurott in the red. I loved the battlefield too. It looked like it was in space.

The credits were amazing. I didn't realize until the scene with Drayden that these weren't screenshots from the game, but new screenshots showing me returning to Aspertia and visiting the people that helped me get there. Very humbly sweet.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Okay, wow. I just mopped the floor with Drayden. I taught my Flygon Dragon Pulse and OHKO'd all his Pokemon with it.

Okay, wow. I just mopped the floor with Drayden. I taught my Flygon Dragon Pulse and OHKO'd all his Pokemon with it.
    I like how they gave you the option to go left or right in that gym and I still went to both. So pointless. Cool concept, but pointless

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    I like how they gave you the option to go left or right in that gym and I still went to both. So pointless. Cool concept, but pointless
    ...Maybe it's intended for people who don't normally try to defeat every Gym Trainer?

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    ...Maybe it's intended for people who don't normally try to defeat every Gym Trainer?
    Most likely. It was more of an opinion than anything...

i wish drayden was the 8th gym leader again. moving through that gym was so epic you could have cut the tension with a knife. and also...EPIC DRAGON FIST BUMP!! Marlin on the other hand was so anticlimactic. I wish he was like the 3rd gym leader and not the 8th.
    cookie cookie

Quote Originally Posted by Hydreigon5782 View Post
    i wish drayden was the 8th gym leader again. moving through that gym was so epic you could have cut the tension with a knife. and also...EPIC DRAGON FIST BUMP!! Marlin on the other hand was so anticlimactic. I wish he was like the 3rd gym leader and not the 8th.
    I didn't dislike him that much. Geographically, he makes sense as the 8th gym. Otherwise, he should have been Gym 7 or lower IMO

I like his gym though

Man, I know using type matchups makes the game easier, but I was really expecting Marlon to put up more of a fight than he did. My Serperior nearly destroyed all of his Pokemon.

People are still complaining about Gym Leaders being easy? lol

Page 322 of 340 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332 ... LastLast