Page 153 of 157 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157 LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 3908

Thread: Unova Region Discussion/Speculation Thread [Read First Post]

  1. #3801
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    What, you mean Route 17/18?
    I explored that area once I beat the game and I'm really disappointed it wasn't in the main game. Plasma could've had a hideout in the P2 Lab or something. But that was definitely a Water route done right.
    I was actually referring to the Hoenn's long water routes (105-109 and 124-134). Although, 132-134 had the rapids, so they weren't quite as bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    That's where they need to start sprinkling more interesting stuff (like islands and dive spots) to keep the longer water routes from getting too boring. I agree with you that long stretches of water can get tedious (especially in Hoenn's case), but if they divide it up into smaller chunks with several "rest spots" along the way, it's probably better.
    Yeah, basically this. The water routes just need more points of interest.

  2. #3802

    Default

    Well if you could redesign any water route(s) in Unova, which ones would you change and what changes would you make?

  3. #3803
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Well if you could redesign any water route(s) in Unova, which ones would you change and what changes would you make?
    I don't really think many of Unova's water routes need redesigning. None of them are particularly long or boring, that's more of a problem with other regions. Maybe Rt. 21, which is slightly too mazelike for my liking. And not because it's confusing, moreso because the path snakes all around the route before you reach Seaside Cave.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  4. #3804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I don't really think many of Unova's water routes need redesigning. None of them are particularly long or boring, that's more of a problem with other regions. Maybe Rt. 21, which is slightly too mazelike for my liking. And not because it's confusing, moreso because the path snakes all around the route before you reach Seaside Cave.
    The first thing I thought of when I went down Rt.21 was the Whirl Islands and how much I hated their design :/

  5. #3805
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    The first thing I thought of when I went down Rt.21 was the Whirl Islands and how much I hated their design :/
    I didn't mind Whirl Islands as much as I minded the surrounding water routes, which were so expansive and boring that it was hard to know where you were going.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  6. #3806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I didn't mind Whirl Islands as much as I minded the surrounding water routes, which were so expansive and boring that it was hard to know where you were going.
    That whole area in general. I think that's where my disliking for water routes began

  7. #3807
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,594

    Default

    I didn't think the water routes connecting places like Cianwood and Olivine were too confusing. The areas connecting Lilicove, Sootopolis, Mossdeep, and the like were (relatively) simple if you went in a relatively straight path. I only felt lost when I tried to explore for items/trainers. I think that's more a function of the lack of "landmarks" at sea as opposed to during land travel.
    Oh, look! I wrote a fanfic! Weak (One-Shot. Rated G). Can Iris convince Bianca that she can't just avoid her problems?

    And another one: Mischief (One-Shot. Rated G). A little fun for October.

  8. #3808
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    That whole area in general. I think that's where my disliking for water routes began
    I don't blame you there. Most of the more open water routes tend to be harder to navigate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ememew View Post
    I didn't think the water routes connecting places like Cianwood and Olivine were too confusing. The areas connecting Lilicove, Sootopolis, Mossdeep, and the like were (relatively) simple if you went in a relatively straight path. I only felt lost when I tried to explore for items/trainers. I think that's more a function of the lack of "landmarks" at sea as opposed to during land travel.
    Yeah, but that's exactly the problem, and one of the major reasons water routes need lots of landmarks in general. I like water routes, but when they're too open and empty they get confusing and annoying to explore.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  9. #3809
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I don't really think many of Unova's water routes need redesigning. None of them are particularly long or boring, that's more of a problem with other regions. Maybe Rt. 21, which is slightly too mazelike for my liking. And not because it's confusing, moreso because the path snakes all around the route before you reach Seaside Cave.
    More of a landmark than a route, but I'd change Seaside Cave to make it far more... substantial. As far as I remember, I spent about two entire minutes exploring the place then I moved on. As much as I think Unova's got enough cave locations anyway, I wish that they did something unique with it to make it stand out.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

  10. #3810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I don't blame you there. Most of the more open water routes tend to be harder to navigate..
    It's not even the fact they are harder to navigate. I just think it takes forever to get from point A to point B when you are trying to scale a vast water area littered w/ trainers and rocks as fast as you can because you don't want to deal with it.
    It's more the frustration that I want to get out of there and get it over with but I have to get it done then so I don't have to get it done later.
    But GF hates me -___- Though they made me feel better about them w/ BW/BW2 because they didn't really have any that you HAD to travel.

  11. #3811
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    More of a landmark than a route, but I'd change Seaside Cave to make it far more... substantial. As far as I remember, I spent about two entire minutes exploring the place then I moved on. As much as I think Unova's got enough cave locations anyway, I wish that they did something unique with it to make it stand out.
    They need to do that with caves in general, a lot of them are starting to feel generic.

    Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    It's not even the fact they are harder to navigate. I just think it takes forever to get from point A to point B when you are trying to scale a vast water area littered w/ trainers and rocks as fast as you can because you don't want to deal with it.
    It's more the frustration that I want to get out of there and get it over with but I have to get it done then so I don't have to get it done later.
    But GF hates me -___- Though they made me feel better about them w/ BW/BW2 because they didn't really have any that you HAD to travel.
    Ah, well I don't necessarily find that too problematic, but I don't mind shorter mandatory water routes. As long as I can still have long, optional ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  12. #3812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Ah, well I don't necessarily find that too problematic, but I don't mind shorter mandatory water routes. As long as I can still have long, optional ones.
    I would actually prefer it the other way around.

    I would like to have to do the longer ones in game so they're done and I can do the shorter ones post game because that's when I do all of the quick item clean-ups and whatnot.

  13. #3813
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    I would actually prefer it the other way around.

    I would like to have to do the longer ones in game so they're done and I can do the shorter ones post game because that's when I do all of the quick item clean-ups and whatnot.
    But wouldn't you prefer to have more meat in the post-E4 gameplay rather than before the E4?
    (Of course ideally I know everyone would like to have tons of things to do on both sides, but that's never going to happen -_-)
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

  14. #3814
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    4,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    But wouldn't you prefer to have more meat in the post-E4 gameplay rather than before the E4?
    (Of course ideally I know everyone would like to have tons of things to do on both sides, but that's never going to happen -_-)
    I prefer having more pre-E4 content. Once you beat the champion there's no longer a sense of urgency to get anywhere. There's no goal at the end except maybe a legendary. If Route 17/18 were incorporated into the main game, we'd probably have a few Plasma battles and a story event at the P2 Lab. Now its just a few trainers and items. It just feels so empty by comparison. Of course there's the thrill of exploring, but with the story and other elements on top, you can certainly do more with an area before the E4 than after it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

  15. #3815
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,907

    Default

    Maybe I'm thinking too hard about this, but could the P2 Laboratory be based off of Plum Island? Plum Island isn't in Manhattan but it's in eastern New York. It's a secluded laboratory that has an undisclosed purpose. Plum Island apparently conducts tests on animals while the P2 Lab is the place where Genesect was resurrected (testing on Pokemon). Coincidence?

        Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  16. #3816
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    I prefer having more pre-E4 content. Once you beat the champion there's no longer a sense of urgency to get anywhere. There's no goal at the end except maybe a legendary. If Route 17/18 were incorporated into the main game, we'd probably have a few Plasma battles and a story event at the P2 Lab. Now its just a few trainers and items. It just feels so empty by comparison. Of course there's the thrill of exploring, but with the story and other elements on top, you can certainly do more with an area before the E4 than after it.
    Well, we're going into the realms of personal preference here, but for me, the best thing about defeating the E4 is being able to access all of the areas you couldn't before the E4. Fortunately B/W2 had quite a lot of it, but even some locations had some storyline-driven occurrences, e.g. battling N in his Castle, then fusing Kyurem and Zekrom/Reshiram.

    The areas which weren't story-driven were still quite nice to explore anyway, mainly the south-eastern portion of the region. I still explored it as thoroughly as I did in B/W1.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

  17. #3817
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    The areas which weren't story-driven were still quite nice to explore anyway, mainly the south-eastern portion of the region. I still explored it as thoroughly as I did in B/W1.
    I'm glad that they left out a lot of areas to explore. But GF should've made some changes in most of the areas. Aside from the trainers, they're identically the same as before.

    :: Dragonspiral Tower could've had a bit more wreckage inside, which should've altered the path towards the top.
    :: The puddles within the Moor of Icirrus, and Route 8 could've at least expanded, while some went dry.
    :: Pinwheel Forest, especially the forest path should've changed a lot and should've had more explorable areas.
    :: Routes 1-3... I really don't expect much changes in these routes. Same with the Dreamyard.
    :: Wellspring should've had a least one or two more new cave openings.
    :: Currents within Routes 17 and 18 should've at least changed.

    .: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  18. #3818

    Default

    I agree about Dragonspiral Tower.

    I love that place, but I think there was some missed opportunity for improvement when BW2 came around.

  19. #3819
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    :: Dragonspiral Tower could've had a bit more wreckage inside, which should've altered the path towards the top.
    Interesting idea, but IDK that it would be necessary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    :: The puddles within the Moor of Icirrus, and Route 8 could've at least expanded, while some went dry.
    Now this I like, they could've made this a seasonal thing, like it would freeze over in the Winter and dry up in the Summer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    :: Pinwheel Forest, especially the forest path should've changed a lot and should've had more explorable areas.
    I don't think they'd need to do anything too drastic here. Maybe at most, the bridge on the main path breaks so you have to go down the path towards Rumination Field and then use Surf to go back to the forest path, but other than that, its' pretty much fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    :: Routes 1-3... I really don't expect much changes in these routes. Same with the Dreamyard.
    For the Dreamyard, they could've collapsed the area a bit more making it more mazelike.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    :: Wellspring should've had a least one or two more new cave openings.
    Maybe, but Wellspring Cave isn't too interesting either way, so I don't really care what they do here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    :: Currents within Routes 17 and 18 should've at least changed.
    The path through Rt. 17 and 18 is fine the way it is, I'd rather they not mess with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  20. #3820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Maybe, but Wellspring Cave isn't too interesting either way, so I don't really care what they do here.
    Wellspring cave has potential to be more though. They kind of tease you once you get to the second level and once you get there it's nothing but disappointment

  21. #3821
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    The path through Rt. 17 and 18 is fine the way it is, I'd rather they not mess with it.
    It's indeed fine, but would have been much better if the puzzle is different. What Wulava meant is, keep the currents, just change the puzzle.

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  22. #3822
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    It's indeed fine, but would have been much better if the puzzle is different. What Wulava meant is, keep the currents, just change the puzzle.
    While we're on the topic of routes they should've changed, Route 9 seems like it should've had more done to it. I mean, it's got a department store just sort of thrown into the middle of the route, you'd have thought after two years other buildings would've been developed around it.

  23. #3823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    While we're on the topic of routes they should've changed, Route 9 seems like it should've had more done to it. I mean, it's got a department store just sort of thrown into the middle of the route, you'd have thought after two years other buildings would've been developed around it.
    I agree. Route 9 has just been one of those Routes you pass through and were like "um...k" and that's it. It was very small and didn't have a lot of 'meat' to it, so to say.

    Also, with Challenger's Cave as well. I was actually excited to see the changes that they would make to it with the release of Black and White 2, only to find out it was blocked

  24. #3824
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    It's indeed fine, but would have been much better if the puzzle is different. What Wulava meant is, keep the currents, just change the puzzle.
    You mean like changing the currents' direction? I'd rather they not even mess with that. The original design suits its purpose quite well, really, P2 Laboratory and that one part of Rt. 18 with the Double Grass are both appropriately difficult to access, so it's fine. The only part I can see changing is them reversing the way you travel through Rt. 18, and even then, it'd be too minor a change and too difficult to implement to be worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  25. #3825
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    I agree. Route 9 has just been one of those Routes you pass through and were like "um...k" and that's it. It was very small and didn't have a lot of 'meat' to it, so to say.
    Exactly, it, along with Route 5, 11 and 16 seem like they're only filler routes, and nothing more. Although, Route 11 isn't as bad as other three IMO.

    Also, with Challenger's Cave as well. I was actually excited to see the changes that they would make to it with the release of Black and White 2, only to find out it was blocked
    There wasn't really a whole lot going on in it originally, so I'm not that fussed that it's gone.

Page 153 of 157 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •