Page 156 of 157 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157 LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 3908

Thread: Unova Region Discussion/Speculation Thread [Read First Post]

They should have put a past character battle in Challengers Cave. Someone like Giovanni.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    They should have put a past character battle in Challengers Cave. Someone like Giovanni.
    They already have that Veteran guy from BW1, they don't need a tough trainer. What they need is a rare Pokemon, preferably a legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    They already have that Veteran guy from BW1, they don't need a tough trainer. What they need is a rare Pokemon, preferably a legendary.
    They could have somehow made it multiple floors and have a different 5% encounter Pokemon on each floor. Pre-game, they could of had a miner say "We have discovered blah blah blah and due to unsafe conditions the cave will be unavailable until blah blah blah" and then just open it post game with more floors

They could have somehow made it multiple floors and have a different 5% encounter Pokemon on each floor. Pre-game, they could of had a miner say "We have discovered blah blah blah and due to unsafe conditions the cave will be unavailable until blah blah blah" and then just open it post game with more floors
    Yeah, but it's made to be a cave with powerful Pokemon and stuff, so it's perfect for a legendary. Frankly, I'm more surprised there isn't one waiting for you at the end.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

As much as the battle Giovanni idea sounds like a good idea I would have preferred to battle the hero from black/white 1. It would have made a better impact in BW2 plus it would be like battling Red at the end of the G/S games.

Quote Originally Posted by tedturtle View Post
    As much as the battle Giovanni idea sounds like a good idea I would have preferred to battle the hero from black/white 1. It would have made a better impact in BW2 plus it would be like battling Red at the end of the G/S games.
    That would be good, especially if you can personalize the experience using Memory Link (not the entire team, of course, but your name, gender, starter, and version could be used to determine their trainer data, their starter, their monkey, and their dragon while everything else would be preset).

That would be good, especially if you can personalize the experience using Memory Link (not the entire team, of course, but your name, gender, starter, and version could be used to determine their trainer data, their starter, their monkey, and their dragon while everything else would be preset).
    I don't think I would like personalizing that battle. I would like to see what surprise would be thrown @ us and what team would be used.

I don't think I would like personalizing that battle. I would like to see what surprise would be thrown @ us and what team would be used.
    It's likely that that's the route they would've taken, though, it wouldn't make sense to take all of this info from your game and then end up fighting a generic trainer. Besides, it's only half his team that would be determined by Memory Link. There's room for some surprises.

It's likely that that's the route they would've taken, though, it wouldn't make sense to take all of this info from your game and then end up fighting a generic trainer. Besides, it's only half his team that would be determined by Memory Link. There's room for some surprises.
    Either way, they would have to include whatever Dragon you don't have. It would be a good battle though.

Yeah, but it's made to be a cave with powerful Pokemon and stuff, so it's perfect for a legendary. Frankly, I'm more surprised there isn't one waiting for you at the end.
    I'm still surprised that they cut off Challenger's Cave entirely. The miner excuse of "This part of the cave is too dangerous and we cannot let people through" could've worked.

Like with Twist Mountain and Clay Road, Challenger's Cave could've led to some new area of the game (that could've housed a legendary or something).

Oh, the possibilities...

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Like we've said and listed several times before, BW2 missed out on lots of possibilities and opportunities to make the game a lot better. Just thinking about it every time will only disappoint you.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Like we've said and listed several times before, BW2 missed out on lots of possibilities and opportunities to make the game a lot better. Just thinking about it every time will only disappoint you.
    True, I wish I had the programming skills to make some of this stuff happen. But then I'd probably get in trouble with Game Freak or something. It really is a shame, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    That's true. Although most of this stuff doesn't disappoint me because all of the new additions outweigh these omissions and missed opportunities by a long shot. (:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

I didnt see this in the b2/w2 breeding mechanics section, maybe you should add this.

From http://www.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-bla...ion-2/Breeding

Passing Down IVs

Three Individual Values will be passed on from the parent Pokemon to the baby. These three IVs will be selected randomly from the either the male, the female, or both.

If you like a particular Stat's Individual Value, you can attach a Power Weight, Power Bracer, Power Belt, Power Lens, Power Band, or Power Anklet to either parent to pass down the HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, or Speed Individual Value on to the hatched Pokemon. If you let both Parents hold one of these items, only one of the IVs will be sent down, and the other two Stats will have random IVs.
    Pokemon 3DS FC: 0044-3542-1738
    Ground Safari: Phanphy, Gastrodon, and Marowak

Quote Originally Posted by Ristor View Post
    I didnt see this in the b2/w2 breeding mechanics section, maybe you should add this.

From http://www.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-bla...ion-2/Breeding

Passing Down IVs

Three Individual Values will be passed on from the parent Pokemon to the baby. These three IVs will be selected randomly from the either the male, the female, or both.

If you like a particular Stat's Individual Value, you can attach a Power Weight, Power Bracer, Power Belt, Power Lens, Power Band, or Power Anklet to either parent to pass down the HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, or Speed Individual Value on to the hatched Pokemon. If you let both Parents hold one of these items, only one of the IVs will be sent down, and the other two Stats will have random IVs.
    It's been like this since HGSS, which is why it was mentioned there (http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/breeding.shtml) as well as on the Breeding mechanics page

It's not mentioned on the BW2 page because that only lists changes to what was already established.

Not really sure where this goes, but is anyone else getting diamond dust weather in Icirrus?
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Not really sure where this goes, but is anyone else getting diamond dust weather in Icirrus?
    Yeah, IIRC, it's December only. Which means today is the last day for it.

Yeah, IIRC, it's December only. Which means today is the last day for it.
    It's special days, actually.

Don't know what's so special about the day -before- New Year's Eve, but there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post

Don't know what's so special about the day -before- New Year's Eve, but there you go.
    It's New Year's Eve in most of the world now.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post

I'm pretty sure it's New Years Eve exactly right now.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see Bolt's post.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 31st December 2012 at 8:06 AM.

Perhaps this will pave the way to fully-fledged in-game recognitions of real-world holidays, Animal Crossing style.

EDIT: no wait actually that's a stupid idea in retrospect, never mind.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Perhaps this will pave the way to fully-fledged in-game recognitions of real-world holidays, Animal Crossing style.

EDIT: no wait actually that's a stupid idea in retrospect, never mind.
    That might not be such a bad idea, actually, it's just a matter of coming up with creative ideas for the holidays. I can't really think anything aside from Poke Mart sales and events (which they already do through the DW).

That might not be such a bad idea, actually, it's just a matter of coming up with creative ideas for the holidays. I can't really think anything aside from Poke Mart sales and events (which they already do through the DW).
    I was thinking more aesthetic changes; I got the idea from reading the above discussion about diamond dust. Perhaps festive decorations in December and more seasonal restrictions, i.e. more than just being able to access a couple of areas in winter which you couldn't in summer. Also it's too late to implement this now but how about even seasonal films in Pokestar studios only being available to produce in certain times of the year?

I guess just generally more reasons to play the games at certain times of the year. GF could even make up Pokemon-related holidays in-game like Animal Crossing does, purely for the purpose of adding variety to the gameplay and to the region itself.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    more seasonal restrictions, i.e. more than just being able to access a couple of areas in winter which you couldn't in summer.
    Seasons are bad enough when you have to wait 3 months to access a certain area. Waiting 1 year would just be overkill.

I really like the new towns and areas in the sequel. My favorite place so far is the Strange House.

"Small but Brave! Keldeo the Hero!!"

3DS FC- 4141-3093-5467

FS- Flying Safari- Hawlucha,Woobat,Spearow

Please add me to your Friend Roster!

Page 156 of 157 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157 LastLast