Page 107 of 157 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 3908

Thread: Unova Region Discussion/Speculation Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    from a design perspective maybe they thought they had enough areas as-is.
    they also may have gotten rid of them for space reasons. every little bit counts and such
    I don't buy that. BW2 Unova is still smaller than the likes of Hoenn and Sinnoh.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I don't buy that. BW2 Unova is still smaller than the likes of Hoenn and Sinnoh.
    not by much
    especially when you consider everything else that goes into the games

more goes into making a game than just a region

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    I agree with you that keeping Route 10 open would've been smart. And yes putting like Mewtwo would be cool, actually it'd fit very nice like Cerulean Cave. But canon continuity has to be taken acount of, how would Mewtwo have gotten from Kanto to Unova? There's only one so, how? As for Regigigas I think it fits in Twist Mountain. It's HUGE and in an...unexplored part of Twist Mountain so the construction there wouldn't have reached it. Challenger's Cave could've worked yes, but I personally like having Regigigas in Twist Mountain.
    That makes absolutely no sense at all, you're saying that GameFreak needs to account for continuity for legendaries like Mewtwo? What about legendaries like Heatran who was already placed in Sinnoh's Stark Mountain (and now in Unova's Reverse Mountain), Latios and Latias from Hoenn to Unova's Dreamyard, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres from their Kanto areas to roaming Sinnoh, etc.. I'm not saying Legendaries can't migrate from region to region, but let's not act like there's only one place for a legendary since GameFreak has long said otherwise, and as such too many examples contradict your idea that GameFreak actually cares about continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    GF doesn't give a crap about continuity. Look at the three lake guardians. They're just chilling in random places and not in their lake. At least Regigigas in twist mountain makes more sense than the places the lake guardians are found. They could've easily put mewtwo in route 10 not that I care.
    The Lake Guardians don't screw up continuity at all. Just because a Pokemon is a legendary doesn't mean it's the only one of their kind. It's been confirmed that there are multiple Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, etc.

The only legendaries where only one of their kind exists is Mewtwo, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, and Genesect. All other legendaries have multiple specimens.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Besides, by this point the sinnoh deities have calmed down (and there's not much they can really do if more than one or Giratina pops up)
    whose to say the pixies can't wander about

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    The Lake Guardians don't screw up continuity at all. Just because a Pokemon is a legendary doesn't mean it's the only one of their kind. It's been confirmed that there are multiple Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, etc.

The only legendaries where only one of their kind exists is Mewtwo, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, and Genesect. All other legendaries have multiple specimens.
    And technically, we don't even know for sure if these are unique specimens either.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    And technically, we don't even know for sure if these are unique specimens either.
    HGSS proved it's possibly to create more of the trio, at least

Actually, that's true. R_N pointed out that these are all Sinnoh myths, meaning the whole "Arceus created the universe" thing is not necessarily true, it's just what Sinnohians believe, and if the HG/SS Cynthia event is canon, then it's kind of confirmed that there are potentially multiple Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina.

However, it is 100% confirmed that there is only one Mewtwo, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, and Genesect, due to the backstories involving the creation of said Pokemon.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    That makes absolutely no sense at all, you're saying that GameFreak needs to account for continuity for legendaries like Mewtwo? What about legendaries like Heatran who was already placed in Sinnoh's Stark Mountain (and now in Unova's Reverse Mountain), Latios and Latias from Hoenn to Unova's Dreamyard, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres from their Kanto areas to roaming Sinnoh, etc.. I'm not saying Legendaries can't migrate from region to region, but let's not act like there's only one place for a legendary since GameFreak has long said otherwise, and as such too many examples contradict your idea that GameFreak actually cares about continuity.
    Heatran: Can be Male or Female so if they wanted to, they could breed...they just won't breed for us. Besides it's said that they go there to cool down.

Lati Twins: They fly around and Pokemon Heroes confirmed the existence of multiples...as well as Tobias's Latios and Nurse Joy's Latias.

Birds: Could be multiples, they fly around so they can easily migrate.

Lake Guardians: If they wanted to, they could just teleport whereever. And the places make sense. Mesprit, being of emotion, found at Pokemon burial place. Uxie, being of knowledge, found in front of Nacrene Museum. Azelf, being of willpower, on a route towards the Pokemon League...which needs a lot of willpower to get to.

Regis: Well multiple have been confirmed many times already, they're favorites.

I get where you're coming from, I was just trying to say about Mewtwo. There's only one Mewtwo in existnce, canonically.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    if the HG/SS Cynthia event is canon, then it's kind of confirmed that there are potentially multiple Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina.
    I'd say HGSS Cynthia is an exception, not a rule, given that the creation only came about as a result of Arceus being at that one particular location and basically being commanded to do so. It's definitely not something that's going to occur on its own if Arceus is left to its own devices.

Lati Twins: They fly around and Pokemon Heroes confirmed the existence of multiples...as well as Tobias's Latios and Nurse Joy's Latias.
    You're confusing game canon with anime canon.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Ok but still Lati twins were found in Kanto when the Soul Dew is obtained. There are multiple Lati Twins.

Ok but still Lati twins were found in Kanto when the Soul Dew is obtained. There are multiple Lati Twins.
    This or they're the biggest tourists in the Pokémon kingdom.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    This or they're the biggest tourists in the Pokémon kingdom.
    They're favorites, like the Regis. They like to see some new things, and maybe start some Lati families along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Well, the Dex mentions Latias herds, so in any event, multiple Latis are accounted for.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I guess this means that Hoehn has the most non-stationary Legendaries. Lati Twins (herds of Lati@s) who fly all over, Regis (at least three sets, in three different regions), multiple Deoxys who live in Space, Jirachi in Millenium Comet so in Space, Weather Trio found in Johto's Embedded Tower. I guess that means they have the most multiples of legendaries too.

I guess this means that Hoehn has the most non-stationary Legendaries. Lati Twins (herds of Lati@s) who fly all over, Regis (at least three sets, in three different regions), multiple Deoxys who live in Space, Jirachi in Millenium Comet so in Space, Weather Trio found in Johto's Embedded Tower. I guess that means they have the most multiples of legendaries too.
    1) The Millennium Comet doesn't exist in the game continuity.

2) It's possible that the members of the Weather Trio are simply members of their own larger species, unless you ascribe to my split-timeline theory. I like to think that there's only one of each. If there weren't, then why is every separate Rayquaza/Groundon/Kyogre tethered to a Green/Red/Blue Orb?
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

1) The Millennium Comet doesn't exist in the game continuity.

2) It's possible that the members of the Weather Trio are simply members of their own larger species, unless you ascribe to my split-timeline theory. I like to think that there's only one of each. If there weren't, then why is every separate Rayquaza/Groundon/Kyogre tethered to a Green/Red/Blue Orb?
    Yeah, ik but we never got a place in game for Jirachi so that's good enough. And Kyogre I can see multiple of amd maybe Rayquaza but not Groudon...god things are complicated.

I think the implication is that the HGSS titans are the same ones.
    The tower was built for them by visiting Hoennians to honor them and I think the Hiker talks to them in the sense of singular.

Even when they showed up in the Ranger games it's implied they're the same ones

btw jirachi doesn't live in the comet, even in the anime iirc. it just used it to power up.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I think the implication is that the HGSS titans are the same ones.
    The tower was built for them by visiting Hoennians to honor them and I think the Hiker talks to them in the sense of singular.

Even when they showed up in the Ranger games it's implied they're the same ones

btw jirachi doesn't live in the comet, even in the anime iirc. it just used it to power up.
    I figured there was only one of each, they just like to travel. Idk about the comet, it travels through soace in it in the anime so idk, they should've given it a home in Hoehn.

Yeah, ik but we never got a place in game for Jirachi so that's good enough. And Kyogre I can see multiple of amd maybe Rayquaza but not Groudon...god things are complicated.
    Well now that's just confusing...why would there be multiples of Kyogre and Rayquaza but not Groudon? Maybe I could see K/G having multiples with Rayquaza being a singular specimen, but...

I mean, I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't quite follow your logic.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

I figured there was only one of each, they just like to travel. Idk about the comet, it travels through soace in it in the anime so idk, they should've given it a home in Hoehn.
    He's right, Jirachi lives in Forina in the anime. It's just that it will only wake up on the seven nights the comet is visible on the sky.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    He's right, Jirachi lives in Forina in the anime. It's just that it will only wake up on the seven nights the comet is visible on the sky.
    Ahh right, sorry it's been awhile since I've seem Jirachi: Wishmaker (found my Wishmaker Jirachi though )

Well now that's just confusing...why would there be multiples of Kyogre and Rayquaza but not Groudon? Maybe I could see K/G having multiples with Rayquaza being a singular specimen, but...

I mean, I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't quite follow your logic.
    Don't worry, you're not being rude. I'll explain. See, since the ocean is so huge I could see multiple Kyogres existing in it. Since the sky is so vast I could see multiple Rayquazas existing in that. But for Groudon, you need volcanos or vast underground areas for it, something we don't really see a lot of anymore and for volcanos, Heatran has claimed them. It's just that Groudons are so big and huge that they'd be hard to be inconspicuous just walking around, unlike the other members of its trio. Hope that explains it better.

Anyone else think an early game cave and/or forest in Southwest Unova would've helped the Pokemon distribution a bit? They could've even just used Oath Forest and Heart Cave (which could be a full cave with the Lake Trio event at the bottom area which would be inaccessible until post game), but make them both accessible early and have wild Pokemon there?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Anyone else think an early game cave and/or forest in Southwest Unova would've helped the Pokemon distribution a bit? They could've even just used Oath Forest and Heart Cave (which could be a full cave with the Lake Trio event at the bottom area which would be inaccessible until post game), but make them both accessible early and have wild Pokemon there?
    I think that Game Freak should have either;

-Not made the new Pokédex number 300, it's clear that pre game Unova isn't big enough to hold them all.
    - Allowed us to explore Twist Mountain but block off the area where Regigigas resides, this will also allow Eevee to evolve into Glaceon without trading.
    - What Bolt the Cat just said.
    -Moved some Unova pokémon around, not all can be found until post game and some are still caught late in the game like Pawniard.
    -Allowed us to explore Pinwheel forest but block off access to Nacrene City with some Ice, this will also allow Eevee to evolve into Leafeon without trading.
    -Turn the Sangi Ranch into a daycare centre and a new safari game that will be unlock later in the game, say after 4 badges.

It is really disappointing that Black and White 2 has 300 pokémon but not all can be found until post game.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 30th July 2012 at 6:21 PM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    -Not made the new Pokédex number 300, it's clear that pre game Unova isn't big enough to hold them all.
    That is an outright lie. Factor in Double Grass and Shaking Spots and there's plenty of room, the problem is they're not using those two methods very well, instead they put in the same Pokemon but higher level, and evolved Pokemon, most of which shouldn't even be catchable.

- Allowed us to explore Twist Mountain but block off the area where Regigigas resides, this will also allow Eevee to evolve into Glaceon without trading.
    Twist Mountain seems more like an area that you pass through to get to Icirrus City, I can kind of see why it's closed in BW2. That being said, there's still no excuse for its Pokemon to be missing from the main storyline, they could've added a patch of grass outside to help alleviate that, as for Icy Rock, they could've just moved it to Giant Chasm.

-Moved some Unova pokémon around, not all can be found until post game and some are still caught late in the game like Pawniard.
    There's no excuse for them not to do this, I can think of plenty of places for some of these late game Pokemon that are earlier in the game. Evidently, when they changed the storyline path, they failed to take into account the effect this would have on the Pokemon distribution, and it really shows. Many of the Pokemon are pretty much in the same place they were in BW1, they didn't seem to bother changing much. They probably should've taken their time and looked into the issue a bit more, it would've helped the game a lot.

-Allowed us to explore Pinwheel forest but block off access to Nacrene City with some Ice, this will also allow Eevee to evolve into Leafeon without trading.
    Again, there's not much point to going to Pinwheel Forest at that point in the game, and Moss Rock could've been moved somewhere else. Also, what ice? The ice doesn't appear until after the 7th gym.

-Turn the Sangi Ranch into a daycare centre and a new safari game that will be unlock later in the game, say after 4 badges.
    There's another inexcusable design flaw. Why is the Daycare post game? It's such a critical facility to the gameplay. Again, this seems like something that they should've considered when they changed the storyline path. And the Safari Zone idea is interesting, it seems like it's almost necessary considering some habitats (ice, volcanic, marsh) are uncommon during the main game or only in post game.

Page 107 of 157 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast