Page 11 of 157 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Unova Region Discussion/Speculation Thread [Read First Post]

I think it is also Undella : / but the Pokemon Centre changes my mind..

Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    I think it is also Undella : / but the Pokemon Centre changes my mind..
    Why? Because its on the left of the way north?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitja View Post
    Why? Because its on the left of the way north?
    Unless they decide to change it's location...

Shizui isn't the Gym Leader of Undella but someplace very near...

After comparing both maps, the noticeable differences are an island off Undella Bay, a small (airport?) inside the mountain and the Giant Chasm getting bigger. Other than that there's seem to be very little differences in the east of Unova, although this is not accurate. Is there anything that I have missed in the East of Unova ?

edit : oh and this water body just beside the pokemon league
    Last edited by Kekezuke; 14th April 2012 at 6:33 PM.

Of those less noticeable changes:
    -Something was added next to the Ferris Wheel in Nimbasa
    -Challenger's Cave on Route 9 is gone

I also wonder what's up with those craters at Driftveil. Meteorite? And why is the lighthouse gone (not that it had any use, but I'd rather want it purpose-ized than removed)?
    Last edited by Maxim; 14th April 2012 at 6:33 PM.
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

And if I'm ever back, I'm never back for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Of those less noticeable changes:
    -Something was added next to the Ferris Wheel in Nimbasa
    -Challenger's Cave on Route 9 is gone

I also wonder what's up with those craters at Driftveil. Meteorite? And why is the lighthouse gone (not that it had any use, but I'd rather want it purpose-ized than removed)?
    Can the yellow building next to the Ferris Wheel be where we re-battle Gym Leaders...

What I would love actually is a ride on the Ferris Wheel with the Gym Leaders for a rematch...

Quote Originally Posted by immewnity View Post
    None of those were the originals. The first two are also mixed maps. I'll get the two of the same size in a few minutes.

Here's something that'll help you, though: an overlay of the two, showing the new map, then the old map when hovered over. Helps to see a lot of the differences.
    Thats pretty useful. Anyways, two things I notice.

-Look at the desert Resort on the comparison map. It appears that the ruins the fell down.
    -Look north of Undella Town on the comparison map. It seems like there's just a chunk of land above Undella that becomes water.
    -Can anyone else see something northwest of Opilucid? It may just be a darker shade of ice, but I feel like I can see something there.
    -On the very,very South west corner, I feel like I can see some sort of blue building under the ice.
    Last edited by crystalzapdos; 14th April 2012 at 7:02 PM.
    No sig. Deal with it.

The changes to the Unova region are interesting I guess. I've always thought of the region as being bland, but it seems that we'll have several new areas to explore. I wish I could say that the Unova region is one of my favorites, but even with these new additions, it still feels like it's lacking a certain je ne sais quoi. I just hope we get some more sea routes.

We need a road between Black / White City / Forest and Route 2 (Striaton / Nacrene)

And we need a real road between Anville and Mistralton

None of those were the originals. The first two are also mixed maps. I'll get the two of the same size in a few minutes.

Here's something that'll help you, though: an overlay of the two, showing the new map, then the old map when hovered over. Helps to see a lot of the differences.
    Thanks to that map, I've spotted something rather interesting. No idea if anyone's said it yet but we now have 2 airports, on each side of Unova. Perhaps to get from one side to the other?

One is in Mistralton city and the other is in the mountain in the east.

Airplanes are present in both locations:

I did an edit of the map to include Subway Routes, assuming they haven't changed. I always found it odd that the yellow, blue, and red route led to nowhere. The red route though is intriguing. The orange covered up slightly is okay since it's not as vital as the other two. Now that BW2 adds more places, it makes me wonder if they added more stuff to those places. The red route leads south of the new starter town, and if you look closely, you can vaguely see a building in the area I circle. What's odd that the brown border around the map. When you get the south-western part of the map, the edge looks like it's corrupt or non-existent as you can see some green poking through the ice where the edge should be.

UnovaMapBattleSubwayRoutes.jpg

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

Quote Originally Posted by King Shuckle View Post
    I did an edit of the map to include Subway Routes, assuming they haven't changed. I always found it odd that the yellow, blue, and red route led to nowhere. The red route though is intriguing. The orange covered up slightly is okay since it's not as vital as the other two. Now that BW2 adds more places, it makes me wonder if they added more stuff to those places. The red route leads south of the new starter town, and if you look closely, you can vaguely see a building in the area I circle. What's odd that the brown border around the map. When you get the south-western part of the map, the edge looks like it's corrupt or non-existent as you can see some green poking through the ice where the edge should be.

UnovaMapBattleSubwayRoutes.jpg
    Does the yellow route lead to Striaton City? If not, it'd be awesome if they made new areas there. Actually for that matter, it'd be awesome if they made any sort of route connecting east Unova to southeast Unova, it'd make a lot more sense. Maybe one that connects Nacrene City/Pinwheel Forest to Black City/White Forest? Also, the fact that the yellow route leads to nowhere leads me to believe that northeast Unova will get more development as well.

Also, something just occurred to me. Unova is based off New York. And there's a tunnel, namely the Holland Tunnel, that goes under the Hudson River. With that in mind, I think this new underwater tunnel could be based on the Holland Tunnel, except it is made see through to be more visually appealing. With that in mind, the tunnel probably connects Castelia City to one of the cities in southwestern Unova, probably the one just south of Driftveil.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Here's a direct overlay of the in-game Subway map on both versions (to see what the others lead to on the old one):

Here's a direct overlay of the in-game Subway map on both versions (to see what the others lead to on the old one):

Haha you did a better job than I did, but I used the map with the altered contrast because the "building" in the southwest part of them map was more apparent.

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

Quote Originally Posted by King Shuckle View Post
    Haha you did a better job than I did, but I used the map with the altered contrast because the "building" in the southwest part of them map was more apparent.
    Mine was also from a cropped portion of the map. :P I just did that to show where they all went to-scale, and to show where they went in BW. Yours is a lot better for showing the building point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooney View Post
    Thanks to that map, I've spotted something rather interesting. No idea if anyone's said it yet but we now have 2 airports, on each side of Unova. Perhaps to get from one side to the other?

One is in Mistralton city and the other is in the mountain in the east.

Airplanes are present in both locations:

It's also worth mentioning that the airplane in Mistralton's airport isn't there in BW's Unova map , even though planes were in the game itself. The maps for the regions no longer illustrate every building in the area like they used to, only areas of importance, so it's clear an airplane will be involved in some way this game. Plus, Hiougi is a city, but the map only shows 2 or 3 buildings, so we know this map leaves out most buildings.

And I like these additions Unova is getting, but the symmetry and manmade appearance to the region as a whole really bugs me. The other regions were more natural looking. Maybe this is the best that could be done with a region based on a state, because state borders are manmade so it's natural for the region's borders to be the same way.
    Last edited by BroaddySN; 14th April 2012 at 9:06 PM.

I wonder how we'll be able to access Desert Resort since Route 4 has been built up with buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Polly456 View Post
    I wonder how we'll be able to access Desert Resort since Route 4 has been built up with buildings.
    the castle seems to has been buried or just gettin ridden of

We'll have to go through a building like the lavaridge pokemon center to get to the hot tub. And that thing about the airplane probably isn't relevant to you. THey just won't have us flying somewhere else.

There seems to be a faded path on the left towards there...

Quote Originally Posted by BIGJRA View Post
    We'll have to go through a building like the lavaridge pokemon center to get to the hot tub. And that thing about the airplane probably isn't relevant to you. THey just won't have us flying somewhere else.
    We could fly from one part of the region to another if there is no other way to get around it.

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

I beginning to think that the ice on the map is hiding a Safari Zone.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but two things on the new Unova map (hidden under ice) caught my interest:

The first shows what seems to be a large, blue pool near to where the old Unova League used to be situated on the old Unova map. Due to its significance on the map, it could be noted that it will play a large role in the new game.

The second clearly shows two islands. On the map, these islands are situated in Undella Bay (here's just a wider reference, where the two islands can be seen if you look closely at Undella Bay). However, on the the old Unova map, there clearly aren't any islands in Undella Bay.

This could perhaps point to some expansion on the Abyssal Ruins in BW2. Nonetheless, it's something worthwhile to note.
    Running for the thrill of it

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but two things on the new Unova map (hidden under ice) caught my interest:

The first shows what seems to be a large, blue pool near to where the old Unova League used to be situated on the old Unova map. Due to its significance on the map, it could be noted that it will play a large role in the new game.

The second clearly shows two islands. On the map, these islands are situated in Undella Bay (here's just a wider reference, where the two islands can be seen if you look closely at Undella Bay). However, on the the old Unova map, there clearly aren't any islands in Undella Bay.

This could perhaps point to some expansion on the Abyssal Ruins in BW2. Nonetheless, it's something worthwhile to note.
    Why does everyone seem to keep repeating each other???

Doesn't anyone skim read through some of the latest pages to see whats been discovered already?

Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    Why does everyone seem to keep repeating each other???

Doesn't anyone skim read through some of the latest pages to see whats been discovered already?
    Someone doesn't know how to deal with speculation on forums
    Running for the thrill of it

Page 11 of 157 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast