Page 142 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 3908

Thread: Unova Region Discussion/Speculation Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    So how is it that the C-Gear is capable of transporting its wearer to specific places in the region?
    The Pokeverse works in mysterious ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    The Pokeverse works in mysterious ways.
    The Pokéverse is mysterious indeed.

But even considering its mysteriousness, if the C-Gear is capable of teleporting the player to the Entralink, it should be capable of teleporting the player to other places, too.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

I don't see the shock in technology. Shouldn't pokeballs, PC's, and Pokemon Centres alarm you enough?
    Last edited by Endoplasmic Reticulum; 25th October 2012 at 5:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    I don't see the shock in technology. Shouldn't pokeballs, PC's, and Pokemon Centres alarm you enough?
    The actual technology doesn't really surprise me, but what does surprise me is how the transportation technology can only transport its user to and from one place.

The actual technology doesn't really surprise me, but what does surprise me is how the transportation technology can only transport its user to and from one place.
    Oh right.

I just tend not to question it

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    Oh right.

I just tend not to question it
    I guess players should just appreciate the technology that fictional worlds have and not over-analyze things, right?
    Of course, I say this with maximum hypocrisy, but still...

I'm finding the cramped regional design/pacing to be very problematic in this game (or at least midway through, which is where I am currently). Even when I'm trying to minimize the amount of grinding in this game, I still find myself being forced to out of necessity. The short distance between gyms translates into sudden level jumps, and the pacing is so bad that I find myself losing to common trainers and even wild Pokemon more often than gym leaders and other "bosses" in this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I'm finding the cramped regional design/pacing to be very problematic in this game (or at least midway through, which is where I am currently). Even when I'm trying to minimize the amount of grinding in this game, I still find myself being forced to out of necessity. The short distance between gyms translates into sudden level jumps, and the pacing is so bad that I find myself losing to common trainers and even wild Pokemon more often than gym leaders and other "bosses" in this game.
    Due to the distance between gyms, one could argue that the size of Johto and the distance between gyms of Unova are synonymous.

Having noted this, I'd agree that the pacing does seem a bit off in BW2. But hey, that just means that Game Freak expects the player to fight everyone and every Pokémon they see, I guess.

But hey, that just means that Game Freak expects the player to fight everyone and every Pokémon they see, I guess.
    Well they do put the trainers there for a reason.

On another note, did anyone else reach/complete the Strange House in BW2?

It felt good to get closure to that creepy situation on Marvelous Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Well they do put the trainers there for a reason.
    I guess that's true, but then what'd be the purpose of making some trainers avoidable? o:

I guess that's true, but then what'd be the purpose of making some trainers avoidable? o:
    To give you the option or in case your team couldn't handle it due to health problems

To give you the option or in case your team couldn't handle it due to health problems
    Exactly the same reason why they shouldn't just spring a rival battle on you right after exploring or battling a lengthy part of the game where half of your team have fainted or have low HP.

I guess. But nothing stops the player from turning back the way they came, going to a Pokémon Center, and returning, right? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    It's true. If I didn't lag behind every city to catch every pokemon and level all of my caught ones up, I would be too weak to deal with the next gym leaders.

{the rest, I haven't decided on yet or trained far enough.}

I guess. But nothing stops the player from turning back the way they came, going to a Pokémon Center, and returning, right? :/
    I guess. It's pretty much up to the players discretion what they choose

I guess. It's pretty much up to the players discretion what they choose
    Of course, this is one of the reasons why Pokémon is such a fun game to play. The number of possibilities the player can have is almost endless! (:

The pacing's kind of... weird, I guess. I think the problem is that they expect you to clear out every accessible area before challenging the Gym, and not doing that results in being severely underleveled. I was doing what they expected anyway, and I walked into the first five Normal Mode Gyms, for the most part, with my team around two levels under the Leader's secondaries and four levels under their ace. Once I got the Lucky Egg, though, I started to just abuse that, and ended up beating Iris with a team of Lv. 59s and a Lv. 62 starter (I try to train my party evenly, but Samurott eats half their 'mons for breakfast).

I personally found the pacing to honestly be pretty much perfect for my comfort level and playstyle aside from the Lucky Egg, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    I personally found the pacing to honestly be pretty much perfect for my comfort level and playstyle aside from the Lucky Egg, but that's just me.
    I enjoyed the simplicity of it myself as well

The pacing's kind of... weird, I guess. I think the problem is that they expect you to clear out every accessible area before challenging the Gym, and not doing that results in being severely underleveled.
    And with the experience gain system of gen V, going through the gym first kind of defeats the purpose of "making up" and going back to the areas that you didn't go to before. :/

True, but when you do eventually prevail over the random mooks in the Gym, you'll get buckets of Exp. because you're so underleveled.

Unless they die from recoil or something, but w/e.

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months

Of course, this is one of the reasons why Pokémon is such a fun game to play. The number of possibilities the player can have is almost endless! (:
    Here here!

{the rest, I haven't decided on yet or trained far enough.}

True, but when you do eventually prevail over the random mooks in the Gym, you'll get buckets of Exp. because you're so underleveled.

Could this be them trying to 'work' for your exp since you are under-leveled in battles?

Yeah, exactly, so you'll have gained the "missed-out" levels anyway, just by going through the gym instead of going through those optional, accessible areas.

Not really. Going through two areas at a normal level is about the same as going through one area underleveled and one area overleveled. Even if it's not worth as much, you'll be underleveled for the next area unless you get the Exp. from the area you skipped.

Plus, there's also Pokemon and items there, so there's really no reason not to go in order.

Not really. Going through two areas at a normal level is about the same as going through one area underleveled and one area overleveled. Even if it's not worth as much, you'll be underleveled for the next area unless you get the Exp. from the area you skipped.
    Yeah, that's true, but I assumed that after going through the gym (like how you mentioned in the scenario), the player's Pokémon would merely be normal-leveled rather than overleveled. Of course, that's all the more reason to go to the optional areas and train up.

Page 142 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast