Page 143 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 3908

Thread: Unova Region Discussion/Speculation Thread [Read First Post]

Does anyone else feel like the Abundant Shrine was meant to be accessed the first time you got to Route 14? Not only are the trainers and Pokemon under leveled to be about the same level as the ones on Route 14, BUT the Pokedex has a gap where the Vulipx line and the Bronzor line should be in relation to the Abundant Shrine. The Pokedex also lists the Shrine right next to Route 14 in the Habitat List, and this list is composed of the areas in the order the game thinks you should access them.

I feel like not making the route open to it, and waiting for the player to get waterfall to get to it, was an over site.
    Pokemon Y FC: 3668-8625-7027
    Combee, Volbeat, Pinsir

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Having noted this, I'd agree that the pacing does seem a bit off in BW2. But hey, that just means that Game Freak expects the player to fight everyone and every Pokémon they see, I guess.
    Yeah, I'm doing that, but it's still not enough. After I beat a Gym Leader, my team's levels are usually all over the place, and some of my weaker Pokemon are so underleveled that when they end up in the next route, they start to struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Not really. Going through two areas at a normal level is about the same as going through one area underleveled and one area overleveled. Even if it's not worth as much, you'll be underleveled for the next area unless you get the Exp. from the area you skipped.

Plus, there's also Pokemon and items there, so there's really no reason not to go in order.
    Pretty much. I think next gen the EXP system should be a combination of both EXP systems. When you're underleveled, it works like it does now where you gain bucketloads of EXP for beating higher level Pokemon, but when you reach the same level as your opponent, you just stop losing EXP for each level up. So in other words, put in a floor for the amount of EXP per Pokemon after you pass the opponent's level.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugwarrior View Post
    Does anyone else feel like the Abundant Shrine was meant to be accessed the first time you got to Route 14? Not only are the trainers and Pokemon under leveled to be about the same level as the ones on Route 14, BUT the Pokedex has a gap where the Vulipx line and the Bronzor line should be in relation to the Abundant Shrine. The Pokedex also lists the Shrine right next to Route 14 in the Habitat List, and this list is composed of the areas in the order the game thinks you should access them.

I feel like not making the route open to it, and waiting for the player to get waterfall to get to it, was an over site.
    Probably. I think when they included East Unova in to the last quarter of the game, they just plain forgot that you need Waterfall to reach Abundant Shrine. I don't blame them, I did too.

EDIT: Something just occurred to me when I went to revisit Aspertia City. Where is Hugh's house?
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 25th October 2012 at 6:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

What's weirder is that the Trainers who require Waterfall to access outside the Shrine still Pokemon in the mid-50s.

Probably they just meant to place the entrance to the Shrine on the Route without requiring Waterfall. Shame, because I wouldn't mind having a Bronzong available to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    EDIT: Something just occurred to me when I went to revisit Aspertia City. Where is Hugh's house?
    It's toward the center of town-ish.

What's weirder is that the Trainers who require Waterfall to access outside the Shrine still Pokemon in the mid-50s.

Probably they just meant to place the entrance to the Shrine on the Route without requiring Waterfall. Shame, because I wouldn't mind having a Bronzong available to use.
    I think they just forgot that you need Waterfall to get to Abundant Shrine. I don't blame them, I did too. What they should've done was give you Waterfall around that point, then you can go there almost immediately.

It's toward the center of town-ish.
    Yeah, but that house isn't labelled as such, nor is the little girl that I assume you think is Hugh's sister isn't labelled as such either.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 26th October 2012 at 4:10 AM.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Does anyone else feel like the Abundant Shrine was meant to be accessed the first time you got to Route 14? Not only are the trainers and Pokemon under leveled to be about the same level as the ones on Route 14, BUT the Pokedex has a gap where the Vulpix line and the Bronzor line should be in relation to the Abundant Shrine. The Pokedex also lists the Shrine right next to Route 14 in the Habitat List, and this list is composed of the areas in the order the game thinks you should access them.

I feel like not making the route open to it, and waiting for the player to get waterfall to get to it, was an over sight.
    The same goes for the Diving spot, though there's no Pokemon in it.

At least we get the Waterfall HM from N in Victory Road. The Dive HM is not obtained until post-game -_-

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Is there anyone actually living in Driftveil City anymore? I mean really, how many hotels do you need?

Clay probably had the resident's moved, and those too stubborn to move, well, let's say his new Gym is so much more shallower because the old pit was to full of buried bodies...

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Clay probably had the resident's moved, and those too stubborn to move, well, let's say his new Gym is so much more shallower because the old pit was to full of buried bodies...
    Goddamn you Clay.

Ah well, what do you expect from the owner of a large scale corporation?

Goddamn you Clay.

Ah well, what do you expect from the owner of a large scale corporation?
    That and his miners never sleep. He's overworking them

Yeah, I'm doing that, but it's still not enough. After I beat a Gym Leader, my team's levels are usually all over the place, and some of my weaker Pokemon are so underleveled that when they end up in the next route, they start to struggle.
    I'd argue that the slightly lower levels in the next route are like that to make your struggling Pokémon catch up.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

I'd argue that the slightly lower levels in the next route are like that to make your struggling Pokémon catch up.
    This would make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    This would make sense to me.
    But I'd understand the need to switch out a weaker Pokémon for one of the already-strong Pokémon, which would make the already-strong Pokémon even stronger and make the weaker one grow a bit. In other words, the level gap between the weak and strong Pokémon would still be there. :/

But I'd understand the need to switch out a weaker Pokémon for one of the already-strong Pokémon, which would make the already-strong Pokémon even stronger and make the weaker one grow a bit. In other words, the level gap between the weak and strong Pokémon would still be there. :/
    Well I think that it all depends how you personally raise your team. It's something they taught you way back in RBY where if you don't raise your Pokemon evenly, they'll fall behind.

Well I think that it all depends how you personally raise your team. It's something they taught you way back in RBY where if you don't raise your Pokemon evenly, they'll fall behind.
    I guess that's true, but sometimes the player just can't help but use most the Pokémon that can take advantage of favorable type matchups.

There's not enough of them. When most of your Pokemon are 5 levels behind, having only a handful of trainers between gyms isn't going to do much for your team's average levels.

There's not enough of them. When most of your Pokemon are 5 levels behind, having only a handful of trainers between gyms isn't going to do much for your team's average levels.
    Yeah, I guess that's true. But then again, that's what grinding in the grass is for. :/

Yeah, I guess that's true. But then again, that's what grinding in the grass is for. :/
    Yeah, but I'd like to minimize the amount of time you're forced to spend doing that, because it can get boring very quickly.

Yeah, but I'd like to minimize the amount of time you're forced to spend doing that, because it can get boring very quickly.
    I hear that. It does help though when you have something to sidetrack yourself while you're doing it

Eh, you can't have it both ways, I suppose. :/

Eh, you can't have it both ways, I suppose. :/
    Not the way Unova is designed, no. Which is exactly my point. Clustering the gyms so close together is bad for pacing since it forces you to level up quickly in a short amount of time.

Not the way Unova is designed, no. Which is exactly my point. Clustering the gyms so close together is bad for pacing.
    Eh, I guess the pacing of the region just means that players have to be extra-vigilant of how they train their Pokémon, I guess.

And to say that Unova was too easy...

Eh, I guess the pacing of the region just means that players have to be extra-vigilant of how they train their Pokémon, I guess.
    I agree with this. But I have to admit, type advantages are easy to get hooked on in Unova because they are available so often

I agree with this. But I have to admit, type advantages are easy to get hooked on in Unova because they are available so often
    It's arguable that that's one of the reasons why Striaton Gym is the way it is, and why the monkey that's advantageous against its gym leader is given to you so early in the game.

It's arguable that that's one of the reasons why Striaton Gym is the way it is, and why the monkey that's advantageous against its gym leader is given to you so early in the game.
    To teach you type advantage early. And how you can get Sandile before Elesa's gym and stuff like that

To teach you type advantage early. And how you can get Sandile before Elesa's gym and stuff like that
    They do that quite often in Pokemon games, actually. The wild Pokemon distribution is designed so that you always having something to use against the next gym leader. It's just more evident in Unova because unlike past games, the very environments you go through reflect the types of Pokemon you need for the next gym (for instance, you go through Chargestone Cave before you fight Skyla, which has lots of Electric types). That didn't really happen as much in past games, although it does explain why snowy areas are typically near the end of the game (to counter Dragon type trainers that are typically late game gym leaders or Elite 4 members).

Page 143 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast