Page 145 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 3908

Thread: Unova Region Discussion/Speculation Thread [Read First Post]

  1. #3601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Nah, that would've been a bit unfair. But I like the idea of version exclusive storyline paths, that's an interesting idea.
    Only down side would be you would have to get both versions to get the full experience

  2. #3602
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Only down side would be you would have to get both versions to get the full experience
    Not necessarily. You would just explore the other areas later in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  3. #3603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Not necessarily. You would just explore the other areas later in the game.
    So unlocking the routes available in the opposite game after the E4?

  4. #3604
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    So unlocking the routes available in the opposite game after the E4?
    It doesn't even have to be that, just sometime later in the game than the other version.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  5. #3605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    It doesn't even have to be that, just sometime later in the game than the other version.
    That would be cool. It would also help w/ Legendary placement. Instead of the version exclusive legendaries being in the same spot, there will be version exclusive locations for them as well
    Last edited by sAv1Or); 27th October 2012 at 11:34 PM.

  6. #3606
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    That would be cool. It would also help w/ Legendary placement. Instead of the version exclusive legendaries being in the same spot, there will version exclusive locations for them as well
    You know, I didn't even think of that, but yeah, you're right. What would they put in place of the other legendary, though?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  7. #3607
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shining in 32 skies
    Posts
    9,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    You know, I didn't even think of that, but yeah, you're right. What would they put in place of the other legendary, though?
    Probably some item or something.

    Maybe another legendary, even.

  8. #3608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Probably some item or something.

    Maybe another legendary, even.
    I would probably say an item.

    Say Latias is in game A and Latios in game B.

    You catch them in 2 different locations and where the other would be in the other version, you get a Soul Dew @ that location

  9. #3609
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    I would probably say an item.

    Say Latias is in game A and Latios in game B.

    You catch them in 2 different locations and where the other would be in the other version, you get a Soul Dew @ that location
    That's not necessary with Latios/Latias, they typically inhabit the same area.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  10. #3610
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    So I finally got access to the Nature Preserve, and honestly I'm kind of disappointed by it. I was expecting this elaborate forested area and a little puzzle to get to the Shiny Haxorus. But nope, it was easy.

    But as for the location of it...I'm honestly considering it being in Hoehn. I mean it is far, far away so why not? The only real thing that's out of place is Haxorus but still. It's possible.

  11. #3611
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    But as for the location of it...I'm honestly considering it being in Hoehn. I mean it is far, far away so why not? The only real thing that's out of place is Haxorus but still. It's possible.
    The Nature Preserve is a little bit off the north part of the map IMO. If you notice, Unova is split by two rivers. Judging from the landscape of the area, the reserve is the meeting place/origin point of those two rivers...

  12. #3612
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    So I finally got access to the Nature Preserve, and honestly I'm kind of disappointed by it. I was expecting this elaborate forested area and a little puzzle to get to the Shiny Haxorus. But nope, it was easy.
    Do they ever make those areas elaborate? They're usually pretty short. I do wish they'd be longer and more complex, though.

    Also, anyone else find Black 2 Reversal Mountain's design to be really annoying? I mean, you have to go down to the lower path to reach Heatran's room, and then to reach the Undella Town exit, you have to go all the way back to the Lentimas Town entrance and go down the upper path.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 28th October 2012 at 3:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  13. #3613
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Do they ever make those areas elaborate? They're usually pretty short. I do wish they'd be longer and more complex, though.

    Also, anyone else find Black 2 Reversal Mountain's design to be really annoying? I mean, you have to go down to the lower path to reach Heatran's room, and then to reach the Undella Town exit, you have to go all the way back to the Lentimas Town entrance and go down the upper path.
    Yeah, I liked White's better too.

  14. #3614
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,687

    Default

    IMO, Nature Preserve doesn't need a more complex puzzle, what it really needs is more variety of Pokemon that's available there.

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  15. #3615
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    IMO, Nature Preserve doesn't need a more complex puzzle, what it really needs is more variety of Pokemon that's available there.
    Nah, it's fine. But I'm sick of all these bonus areas that are really just tiny patches of land with a Pokemon in them, they should put more effort into such areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  16. #3616
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shining in 32 skies
    Posts
    9,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Also, anyone else find Black 2 Reversal Mountain's design to be really annoying? I mean, you have to go down to the lower path to reach Heatran's room, and then to reach the Undella Town exit, you have to go all the way back to the Lentimas Town entrance and go down the upper path.
    Wait, White 2's is less annoying?

    YES.

  17. #3617
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    IMO, Nature Preserve doesn't need a more complex puzzle, what it really needs is more variety of Pokemon that's available there.
    I agree, only ones that aren't in the National dex I believe are Nuzleaf, the Magikarp line, and Girafarig. Maybe Stantler and Stunky would've worked too, at least to me.


    Why am I in your usertitle person

  18. #3618
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Wait, White 2's is less annoying?

    YES.
    Yeah, I checked a guide. In White 2's, Heatran's Room is on the way to the Undella Town exit. Man, what is it with White 2 having the better area layouts? White 2 Rt. 4 is a lot more interestingly designed, White 2 Reversal Mountain is a lot more streamlined, and White 2 Victory Road makes it easier to get to the Forest area (in White 2, you're forced to go through there, but in Black 2 you need Waterfall to get there).

    Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    I agree, only ones that aren't in the National dex I believe are Nuzleaf, the Magikarp line, and Girafarig. Maybe Stantler and Stunky would've worked too, at least to me.
    You also have Noctowl and Kecleon.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  19. #3619
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanteKoriyu View Post
    The Nature Preserve is a little bit off the north part of the map IMO. If you notice, Unova is split by two rivers. Judging from the landscape of the area, the reserve is the meeting place/origin point of those two rivers...
    It's a little bit off the north? Umm, it's said in-game that the Nature Preserve is far, far away. I don't think being a little north qualifies that. Besides we have no idea where any other regions are in relation to Unova.

  20. #3620
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,959

    Default

    I started on Victory Road today and I'm pleasantly surprised. I thought it was going to lead into BW1's Road, but it's completely new. I like how it snakes through the giant mountain, forested areas and even in the ruins of N's castle. It allows for some cool exploration.

    It also seems really challenging. There are so many wild Pokemon in here, plus a massive amount of trainers. I've found myself having to heal a lot. Unfortunately I walked into Hugh's battle without saving prior for a while and he literally defeated me with 1 HP left on his Unfezant.

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  21. #3621
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I started on Victory Road today and I'm pleasantly surprised. I thought it was going to lead into BW1's Road, but it's completely new. I like how it snakes through the giant mountain, forested areas and even in the ruins of N's castle. It allows for some cool exploration.
    For the first half, yeah, it's pretty interesting going through various environments. But the second half is pretty much a generic cave/mountain area that we've seen zillions of times.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  22. #3622
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    It's a little bit off the north? Umm, it's said in-game that the Nature Preserve is far, far away. I don't think being a little north qualifies that. Besides we have no idea where any other regions are in relation to Unova.
    We have absolutely no idea what the scale of any region is in the Pokemon world really is. I can travel between most of the various game cities in less than five minutes by walking, but am I supposed to be walking like a mile, dozens of miles, or hundreds of miles before I get to my destination? So, depending on the scale of the PokeWorld and where the rivers actually meet off the map, the Nature Preserve could be more than a couple hundred, maybe even thousands of miles away from the main part of Unova without being anywhere close to another region. I'd say that counts as far, far away to the franchise's target audience; little kids.

  23. #3623
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    For the first half, yeah, it's pretty interesting going through various environments. But the second half is pretty much a generic cave/mountain area that we've seen zillions of times.
    "Generic cave/mountain area that we've seen zillions of times" in the game already? Yeah, I'd agree with that, definitely.

    It's quite unfair to say that it's been seen zillions of times in comparison to Victory Roads in other games, since players whose first Pokémon games are Black 2 and White 2 wouldn't have prior knowledge of the main game series at all.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  24. #3624
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    For the first half, yeah, it's pretty interesting going through various environments. But the second half is pretty much a generic cave/mountain area that we've seen zillions of times.
    Victory Road was ok (if not irritatingly over-challenging) but I didn't understand why the interior sections were so dilapidated already if this was the new one that had been built less than two years ago? Unless they used a location that was there prior to the original victory road and decided to re-christen it as the new Victory Road?
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

  25. #3625
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Victory Road was ok (if not irritatingly over-challenging) but I didn't understand why the interior sections were so dilapidated already if this was the new one that had been built less than two years ago? Unless they used a location that was there prior to the original victory road and decided to re-christen it as the new Victory Road?
    They probably used a section of that mountainous area that was already there as the new Victory Road for the reason you stated.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Page 145 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •