Page 147 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 3908

Thread: Unova Region Discussion/Speculation Thread [Read First Post]

I am counting any area in BW2 new or old

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Tell that to someone who lives in Humilau and fought Marlon as their first Gym Leader.
    Okay, but from a design perspective, it's redundant since the Badge Check gate is meant to keep you from going to the Pokemon League before you have all 8 badges, but in most cases, other obstacles already prevent you from going there before then anyway.

Also, although it's technically not a new area, I'd have at least finished the construction on Black 2's Route 4.
    I don't care about that as much as that Black 2 Rt. 4 is too much like BW1 Route 4. Especially compared to White 2 Rt. 4.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    What is your least favorite area in BW2? Why is it your least favorite and what do you think would make it better?
    I agree with Endolise that Pledge Grove could've used some wild Pokemon. Also, they should've added in Rt. 10, Challenger's Cave, and Old Victory Road back in as post game areas.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 30th October 2012 at 5:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I don't care about that as much as that Black 2 Rt. 4 is too much like BW1 Route 4. Especially compared to White 2 Rt. 4.
    Aren't they supposed to be future representations of the progress of Route 4 from BW1 though?

I agree with Endolise that Pledge Grove could've used some wild Pokemon. Also, they should've added in Rt. 10, Challenger's Cave, and Old Victory Road back in as post game areas.
    Didn't Old Victory Road cave in though making it impossible to travel?

Okay, but from a design perspective, it's redundant since the Badge Check gate is meant to keep you from going to the Pokemon League before you have all 8 badges, but in most cases, other obstacles already prevent you from going there before then anyway.
    Okay, well, it could just be for symbolic or ceremonial purposes then.

I don't quite follow.

Yes, this. Challenger's Cave would've been the perfect spot for a Legendary (in BW1, one of the Trainers even mentions that there are rumors of a Legendary Pokemon dwelling deep within the cave; I was kinda hoping that they would have followed up on that), and they could have put N's Final Battle Pokemon in the old Victory Road, as well as N's Castle itself, because it's current placement on the map is very illogical.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I do agree Challenger's Cave should have been available w/ a legendary. That place wasn't very good in BW1 imo so I think they could have used BW2 to improve it

I don't quite follow.
    Black 2 Rt. 4 is basically BW1 Rt. 4 except they paved over the main path and changed the placement of fences/barriers. White 2 Rt. 4 is a completely different design from the other two, it feels like a completely new route. Black 2 Rt. 4 should've been more like that.

Yes, this. Challenger's Cave would've been the perfect spot for a Legendary (in BW1, one of the Trainers even mentions that there are rumors of a Legendary Pokemon dwelling deep within the cave; I was kinda hoping that they would have followed up on that), and they could have put N's Final Battle Pokemon in the old Victory Road, as well as N's Castle itself, because it's current placement on the map is very illogical.
    This is exactly what I had in mind. Also, it'd be interesting if the old entrance is blocked by a one way ledge or a Strength boulder and you have to enter through a new entrance on the west side of Rt. 10.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Didn't Old Victory Road cave in though making it impossible to travel?
    Of course, they could've just made it so that an NPC blocked off the area where the cave-in occurred until the player beats the Pokémon League. Upon first reaching Victory Road, the NPC would say something like, "I'm sorry, I can't let you through. It's just far too dangerous here!", and after the Pokémon League, the cave-in could be fixed or something.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Of course, they could've just made it so that an NPC blocked off the area where the cave-in occurred until the player beats the Pokémon League. Upon first reaching Victory Road, the NPC would say something like, "I'm sorry, I can't let you through. It's just far too dangerous here!", and after the Pokémon League, the cave-in could be fixed or something.
    Which is exactly what they did with Twist Mountain. :P
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

That would have been pretty cool

Which is exactly what they did with Twist Mountain. :P
    Mhm, so I don't see why they couldn't have just done that for Challenger's Cave and Victory Road, too.

Yeah, it'd be a pretty repetitive invisible progress wall, but I'd rather take invisible progress walls than lack of areas to explore anyday. (:

Mhm, so I don't see why they couldn't have just done that for Challenger's Cave and Victory Road, too.

Yeah, it'd be a pretty repetitive invisible progress wall, but I'd rather take invisible progress walls than lack of areas to explore anyday. (:
    Especially considering how many of the areas they added or changed were kind of vanilla

Especially considering how many of the areas they added or changed were kind of vanilla
    I wouldn't necessarily agree with the places that they added or changed being vanilla (especially for the players whose first Pokémon games are BW2), but it doesn't hurt to have added exploration. (:

I wouldn't necessarily agree with the places that they added or changed being vanilla (especially for the players whose first Pokémon games are BW2), but it doesn't hurt to have added exploration. (:
    I'd prefer less areas w/ more to them than more areas that are spread thin

You know what else would be nice? If they'd have kept Relic Castle a full area instead of two tiny areas. Relic Castle is really boring now.

You know what else would be nice? If they'd have kept Relic Castle a full area instead of two tiny areas. Relic Castle is really boring now.
    I agree.

Even though it is buried w/ sand, wouldn't the underground levels still be fine? Especially the lower lower levels

I'd prefer less areas w/ more to them than more areas that are spread thin
    Well, the other areas that I mentioned would be extensive and not short, so there'd actually be some depth to them.

Since people would get to Volcarona after they reach Relic Castle in the Desert Resort, there could be a ledge leading from the former to the latter, essentially making another place for the player to explore during the game or something.

I agree.

Even though it is buried w/ sand, wouldn't the underground levels still be fine? Especially the lower lower levels
    From a design perspective, I'm a bit worried as to how they'd handle the lower levels. The Relic Passage entrance is placed very close to Volcarona's Room, and the other areas would just feel tacked on. Maybe if they blocked the way there and you had to go up and around?

From a design perspective, I'm a bit worried as to how they'd handle the lower levels. The Relic Passage entrance is placed very close to Volcarona's Room, and the other areas would just feel tacked on. Maybe if they blocked the way there and you had to go up and around?
    Personally, anything to make use of whatever was conveniently made to have "caved in" or "buried" is fine for me.

I just got an ingenious idea for what to do with Relic Castle. First, make the upper four floors (everything you could access before post game in BW1) accessible through Desert Resort, but with sand blocking some of the unnecessary areas (I was thinking block the stairways and then make it so some of the quicksand pits have collapsed so you simply walk to the next floor). The way down to B5F is blocked by a boulder that you can use Strength on when you come from the Relic Passage side. When you come back through Relic Passage, the way to Volcarona's room is blocked by a one way ledge or a Strength boulder, and to reach Volcarona's room you must go through a multi-level maze of rooms (maybe two or three floors).

I just got an ingenious idea for what to do with Relic Castle. First, make the upper four floors (everything you could access before post game in BW1) accessible through Desert Resort, but with sand blocking some of the unnecessary areas (I was thinking block the stairways and then make it so some of the quicksand pits have collapsed so you simply walk to the next floor). The way down to B5F is blocked by a boulder that you can use Strength on when you come from the Relic Passage side. When you come back through Relic Passage, the way to Volcarona's room is blocked by a one way ledge or a Strength boulder, and to reach Volcarona's room you must go through a multi-level maze of rooms (maybe two or three floors).
    Why didn't I think of the Strength boulder before? Now that Strength boulders don't respawn after being fit into the holes, it'd make more sense than a ledge going from one side to the other! (:

Well, the other areas that I mentioned would be extensive and not short, so there'd actually be some depth to them.
    Are you talking about removing some and then putting those in or just adding them?

I wouldn't mind that. Anything to fix that place. They did a number on it in BW2. But it is 2 years? in the future so I guess it adds perspective

I wouldn't mind that. Anything to fix that place. They did a number on it in BW2. But it is 2 years? in the future so I guess it adds perspective
    Yeah, but they don't have to remove most of the area to make that point.

Yeah, but they don't have to remove most of the area to make that point.
    It would be neat if Lenora and the museum moved it to a new location to "preserve history" or they just cleaned the place out. Or if there was a mission where the sandstorm is going to ruin ruin Relic castle so you have to get a different weather pokemon to change the weather and depending on the weather you pick, that's the way it stays. Or, you can change it whenever and depending on the weather you pick, different pokemon appear

That's true of every game except RBYFRLG.
    You could skip Brawley and Winona in RSE iirc, since Flash and Fly are not required to beat the game.

It would be neat if Lenora and the museum moved it to a new location to "preserve history" or they just cleaned the place out.
    You think they can just pick up Relic Castle and move it somewhere else without damaging it? What are you smoking?

Or if there was a mission where the sandstorm is going to ruin ruin Relic castle so you have to get a different weather pokemon to change the weather and depending on the weather you pick, that's the way it stays. Or, you can change it whenever and depending on the weather you pick, different pokemon appear
    Meh, that'd be kind of annoying if you could only change the area once. I like my idea better, it's simpler and more elegant. Think the bottom floor of Relic Castle meets HGSS Victory Road.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    You could skip Brawley and Winona in RSE iirc, since Flash and Fly are not required to beat the game.
    Oh right, I forgot about them. Well, almost every game, then. Every game except RBYFRLG and RSE.

Page 147 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151 ... LastLast