Page 154 of 157 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157 LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 3908

Thread: Unova Region Discussion/Speculation Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    There wasn't really a whole lot going on in it originally, so I'm not that fussed that it's gone.
    Well it's the fact that they didn't improve it when there was so much adding they could have done

I'd say good thing they shut it down but I'm sad they couldn't just make it better instead

Does anyone think that the NPC breeders are incredibly annoying? Every time I enter an area and walk in front of them they insist on fighting me...I wouldn't mind it so much if their pokemon were high leveled, but fighting their weak level 30 pokemon for a measly 200exp points is just a huge waste of time.
    Vivillon Hunt:

Native Vivillon: River

Need: Tundra
    PM me if you'd like to trade Vivillons!

Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    Does anyone think that the NPC breeders are incredibly annoying? Every time I enter an area and walk in front of them they insist on fighting me...I wouldn't mind it so much if their pokemon were high leveled, but fighting their weak level 30 pokemon for a measly 200exp points is just a huge waste of time.
    Yeah, they can be pretty annoying. But the best solution is to just avoid them.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    There are times when I'll accidentally run in front of them or I just forget and it's one of the most frustrating things ever -____-

Which brings me to my next point:

Why do they keep bringing back the 'ledge' guy that teaches you how to hop ledges?

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post

Why do they keep bringing back the 'ledge' guy that teaches you how to hop ledges?
    The same reason they tell you what a Pokédex is and why you should collect badges every game and how to catch Pokémon?

Remember, every game in the series is someone's first game. Not everybody knows everything about the series.

The same reason they teach you how to catch a pokemon at the start of every game. For the noobs.
    I do wish you could skip things like the catching tutorial. Alternatively they could give the information in the local trainer school. I know it only accounts for 1 minute of my life, but it be nice to have a shortcut for those who have played before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    That's not always possible unless you use Fly. Some of them are completely unavoidable (notably the ones on Black 2 Rt. 4 and Rt. 11). IDK what went on with the whole breeder rematch thing, but it's definitely something they shouldn't have left the way it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    That's not always possible unless you use Fly. Some of them are completely unavoidable (notably the ones on Black 2 Rt. 4 and Rt. 11). IDK what went on with the whole breeder rematch thing, but it's definitely something they shouldn't have left the way it was.
    The Route 4 one on Black 2 is avoidable, just walk on the far left, right next to the walls.

Also, all of them who does spin around, only spin to one side.
    Usually there's an empty path right next to them where you can go through without having them seeing you.
    However, the one in Lostlorn Forest requires you to use Surf first if you want to avoid him by walking on the empty path right next to him.

And for the one in Route 7, just go through the balancing beam instead of using the road.

The Route 11 one is indeed unavoidable, though.
    She doesn't spin around, and the width of the bridge still falls under her range, so walking on the farthest side of the bridge doesn't help.......

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    The same reason they tell you what a Pokédex is and why you should collect badges every game and how to catch Pokémon?

Remember, every game in the series is someone's first game. Not everybody knows everything about the series.
    Ya I'm aware. I remember the 1st time I learned to jump those ledges. Talk about exciting

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    However, the one in Lostlorn Forest requires you to use Surf first if you want to avoid him by walking on the empty path right next to him.
    No you don't. You can avoid him without Surf by waiting for him to turn right, then passing in front of him and walking to his left.

The Route 11 one is indeed unavoidable, though.
    She doesn't spin around, and the width of the bridge still falls under her range, so walking on the farthest side of the bridge doesn't help.......
    Yeah, she's annoyingly placed. I'm glad she's rematchable, though, she's good for training against Drayden.

Anyway, all of this illustrates exactly why I find the whole Breeder rematch thing annoying. Usually when you're done with an area, you're supposed to feel relatively safe coming back to it. But with all of these Breeders everywhere, you don't, you're constantly trying to avoid them to keep from having to battle them. It's especially bad if say all of your Pokemon are low on health or otherwise weak for some reason, and you need to get to a Pokemon Center without Fly, if you end up getting forced into a battle that you can't avoid at that point, you're screwed. It's a waste of time, HP, PP, and sometimes items or money just to get through an area you've already been though before. I think if they insist on doing this again in the future, they should make them easily avoidable so that when you're passing through the area again you don't have to stop and slow down every time you get close to them. Because that's annoying.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 21st November 2012 at 7:24 PM.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

No you don't. You can avoid him without Surf by waiting for him to turn right, then passing in front of him and walking to his left.
    Sorry, I meant if you want to avoid him right away, instead of having to wait until he turn around.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    So far I love them, the one at Route 7 helped me get my mons to lv 50 before I took on Skyla

They're good for EVs & experience
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

3DS FC: 4527 8860 3900
    Friend Safari:

Both of those Breeders are avoidable. Just walk past them on the opposite edge of the path.

I've never fought the Route 11 Breeder, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Both of those Breeders are avoidable. Just walk past them on the opposite edge of the path.

Fair enough, but I'd still rather not having them clutter up the main path and force you into a battle unprepared, which is equally annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post

Hmm, I need to check again, then. I'm very sure the Route 11 one is not avoidable......As for the Route 4 one, I already mentioned that it is indeed avoidable.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Hmm, I need to check again, then. I'm very sure the Route 11 one is not avoidable......As for the Route 4 one, I already mentioned that it is indeed avoidable.
    Route 11 is not. But fortunately there's not much there to go back for anyway

Guys, I've managed to avoid the route 11 breeder just fine. Whenever I hug the edge of the bridge when I'm crossing, she doesn't try to challenge me.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Quote Originally Posted by Charoshi View Post
    Guys, I've managed to avoid the route 11 breeder just fine. Whenever I hug the edge of the bridge when I'm crossing, she doesn't try to challenge me.
    Just tried this myself when I read this. You are correct. Good find ^^

But I still stand by what I said that's there's nothing worth going back there very much for ^^

But I still stand by what I said that's there's nothing worth going back there very much for ^^
    Thanks

That much is true. The only times I ever do are when I'm just randomly biking between hidden grottos. Normally I just fly places, cause I'm lazy.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Yeah, but what if you're just passing through? If you want to get from Opelucid City to Village Bridge (for whatever reason), you have to pass through there. You may not be forced to fight them, but again, the fact that they're on the main path and could potentially throw you into a battle unprepared is annoying enough.

Yeah, but what if you're just passing through? If you want to get from Opelucid City to Village Bridge (for whatever reason), you have to pass through there. You may not be forced to fight them, but again, the fact that they're on the main path and could potentially throw you into a battle unprepared is annoying enough.
    But also remember the fact that as a trainer you should always be ready for what the region and any trainer throws at you ^^

But also remember the fact that as a trainer you should always be ready for what the region and any trainer throws at you ^^
    Yeah, well, when you're doing funfest missions, and they decide to waste your limited time, it's extremely irksome.

Yeah, well, when you're doing funfest missions, and they decide to waste your limited time, it's extremely irksome.
    Well of course there's always exceptions, stipulations, and circumstances

Ah, yes, especially that. I think I was one item away from finishing a level 3 funfest mission, when I accidentally passed by a breeder and she wasted my remaining 20 seconds. I was THAT close to finishing and she just had to ruin it...
    Vivillon Hunt:

Native Vivillon: River

Need: Tundra
    PM me if you'd like to trade Vivillons!

Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

That actually happened to me with the very first Funfest Mission (you know, the "find 5 berries" one)

I did it in Humilau, and as I walked into Route 22, I completely forgot about the repeatable breeder there. You know what happens next.

Quote Originally Posted by Charoshi View Post
    Yeah, I checked and she is indeed avoidable in the same way as the Route 4 one.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Page 154 of 157 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157 LastLast