Page 53 of 157 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3908

Thread: Unova Region Discussion/Speculation Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    -If they intended on giving us access to places under the ice, they probably wouldn't have covered those areas
    It's mostly likely the places under the ice aren't accessible until after the main storyline, but in the animated trailer, the male protagonist and Lucario went through an area which possibly could have been a town which is beneath the ice on the map of the region.

The ice won't affect the story in terms of where we are going to, as that would not only isolate Opelucid as mentioned, but give us no Lacunosa, and Undella, which should be part of the main game. Not to mention, that would also mean there is no league, so a little sense has to be used here.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by Bardische View Post
    Really, the Gym was confirmed to be in Aspertia City and you say the Gym Statues are irrelevant.

That is not sand. That is normal brown dirt. It is behind the school. And just because it's not in a building doesn't mean it can't be a Gym. And it seems that idea is no longer a staple, because Cheren's Gym is clearly outside and you get the badge from him, too.
    When and Where has it been confirmed that his Gym resides in Aspertia City behind the Trainer School? It hasn't.
    I'm not for one second saying that your reasoning is incorrect, his Gym could easily be in Aspertia's Trainer school.
    However it hasn't been confirmed yet, it remains speculation until it is. I don't judge the BW2 games on history, those statues are meaningless to me.

Edit: I digress, time will tell. I was hoping Smash would reveal something but sadly no news.
    Back to topic, I don't believe his Gym has been confirmed to Aspertia via Corocoro, the Official Pokemon Site or any other form of Media.
    I still feel that many possibilities are at hand with where his Gym could be, don't jump to conclusions!
    Last edited by Kall El; 20th May 2012 at 1:05 PM.
    *Hoenn is where the start is*

Considering how that backlot seems to have a wheeled bookbag and shares the same ornamental fence with the trainer school, I'll bet the gym is the school itself. Would love to see what the puzzle could be, hopefully its not knowledge based like the Museum.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Considering how that backlot seems to have a wheeled bookbag and shares the same ornamental fence with the trainer school, I'll bet the gym is the school itself. Would love to see what the puzzle could be, hopefully its not knowledge based like the Museum.
    Oh yes, I hope they use something more luxurious then a knowledge-based puzzle
    On a serious note, I actually can't wait to see how Cherens Gym plays out, intrigued fan here!

Quote Originally Posted by Kall El View Post
    Oh yes, I hope they use something more luxurious then a knowledge-based puzzle
    On a serious note, I actually can't wait to see how Cherens Gym plays out, intrigued fan here!
    Something tells me that it is still knowledge-based -- Schoolkids scattered around the building, blocking your way and not letting you pass until you answer their questions requiring basic Pokemon Trainer knowledge, such as status problems and type advantages.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

It looks to me like the gym is definitely the school. The back lot looks bigger than the fence should technically allow for from the outside.

Therefore I conclude that Cheren's gym is clearly a Tardis.
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

When and Where has it been confirmed that his Gym resides in Aspertia City behind the Trainer School? It hasn't.
    I'm not for one second saying that your reasoning is incorrect, his Gym could easily be in Aspertia's Trainer school.
    However it hasn't been confirmed yet, it remains speculation until it is. I don't judge the BW2 games on history, those statues are meaningless to me.

Edit: I digress, time will tell. I was hoping Smash would reveal something but sadly no news.
    Back to topic, I don't believe his Gym has been confirmed to Aspertia via Corocoro, the Official Pokemon Site or any other form of Media.
    I still feel that many possibilities are at hand with where his Gym could be, don't jump to conclusions!
    Well I didn't want to sound rude either. I know it hasn't been confirmed, and I take it back.
    But the signs are already so powerful that you can't help but just side with one side, you know?

Some people have speculated that you need to go to the next town before you can challenge the Gym in Aspertia. I mean, it's pretty early for a Gym Battle, having a level 5 snake, pig or...otter thing. And Cheren's Patrat is at least above level 10, so there's definitely an errand like thing you need to do first.

And I personally think you are tasked to beat as many students in the school as possible before Cheren allows you to challenge him. I got the idea that he gives his students plastic badges, and then he leaves them to rough each other up. The one who collects the most plastic badges will be able to challenge him for the real one.

If any of you have watched the Victini movie, this is how it's going to play out.

Like for example you beat Schoolboy Joey. You now have two plastic badges. Then you destroy Schoolgirl Melanie and slap the manhood out of Schoolboy Rick. I don't know. I just don't want a knowledge based puzzle :S
    3DS Friend Code: 0404 - 7523 - 0951 - Feel free to add me

International hype anthem of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnzqWlm59A

X Team (Dale): Kangaskhan, Weavile, Starmie, Garchomp, Chansey, Gliscor
    Y Team (new!; Lucina): Combusken, Aerodactyl, Frogadier, Gloom, Whirlipede, lol
    Shinies: Abomasnow, Floette, Zubat, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Relicanth, Gyarados, Illumise

Well I didn't want to sound rude either. I know it hasn't been confirmed, and I take it back.
    But the signs are already so powerful that you can't help but just side with one side, you know?

Some people have speculated that you need to go to the next town before you can challenge the Gym in Aspertia. I mean, it's pretty early for a Gym Battle, having a level 5 snake, pig or...otter thing. And Cheren's Patrat is at least above level 10, so there's definitely an errand like thing you need to do first.

And I personally think you are tasked to beat as many students in the school as possible before Cheren allows you to challenge him. I got the idea that he gives his students plastic badges, and then he leaves them to rough each other up. The one who collects the most plastic badges will be able to challenge him for the real one.

If any of you have watched the Victini movie, this is how it's going to play out.

Like for example you beat Schoolboy Joey. You now have two plastic badges. Then you destroy Schoolgirl Melanie and slap the manhood out of Schoolboy Rick. I don't know. I just don't want a knowledge based puzzle :S
    Unfortunately, I don't think we could get anything BUT a knowledge puzzle in a School based gym, especially considering it's the first gym.
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

1.) Opelucid is isolated, but that doesn't mean we can't get there. They can easily give us a new way of getting there.
    What do you suggest?

2.) There's nowhere in the covered parts of Unova that even remotely matches Shizui's town, either. So, therefore, it's under the ice? Does not compute.
    70% of the ****ing coastline is underneath the ice, and Shizui's town in fact, is not on the remaining 30%. Where in Arceus' name do you think it is?

Can you take a step back for a moment? Because if you do, I think you'll notice that this idea doesn't make any sense. Why would they arbitrarily hide some parts of Unova early in promotion and only reveal things about the uncovered parts throughout promotion, and then suddenly just say, "Oh, just kidding! The ice was only there so that not everything was visible at once!"? If the areas under the ice were accessible, they probably would not have been hidden in the first place, just like how if Eastern Unova was accessible in the main story of BW, it wouldn't have been hidden by clouds in the promotional period.
    They gave us enough to get excited about. Do you really think they want us to pick apart every single new change in the region before the game is even out?

And yet, having said this, you think that they are only hiding the rest of Unova because they don't want to spoil things? Just how much do you think is hidden under that ice? Chances are, there are an equal amount of changes to eastern Unova as to the rest of Unova, and if those changes are a part of the main story like the ones in the rest of Unova, they would have not covered them with ice at all.
    Okay, first of all, I don't, I think some of the region is hidden to prevent spoilers and some of it is hidden because we won't be going there until post game (most likely southeast Unova will be post game). We can already see some major changes underneath the ice, so east Unova is probably drastically different from what it was in BW1.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeledge View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't think we could get anything BUT a knowledge puzzle in a School based gym, especially considering it's the first gym.
    It doesn't have to be the case, though. Don't forget, this is a Gym that also doubles as a school. So what better way to test the strengths of the students than to have them battle it out for their first Gym badge? I mean, you still have to battle the students like a usual Gym. It would just be more interesting if we forget about testing the knowledge of the trainer through questions and have a battle instead to assess them of what they learned. Realistically, we can kick their a**es in one to two turns, but by game logic, it sounds amazing. XD
    3DS Friend Code: 0404 - 7523 - 0951 - Feel free to add me

International hype anthem of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnzqWlm59A

X Team (Dale): Kangaskhan, Weavile, Starmie, Garchomp, Chansey, Gliscor
    Y Team (new!; Lucina): Combusken, Aerodactyl, Frogadier, Gloom, Whirlipede, lol
    Shinies: Abomasnow, Floette, Zubat, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Relicanth, Gyarados, Illumise

It doesn't have to be the case, though. Don't forget, this is a Gym that also doubles as a school. So what better way to test the strengths of the students than to have them battle it out for their first Gym badge? I mean, you still have to battle the students like a usual Gym. It would just be more interesting if we forget about testing the knowledge of the trainer through questions and have a battle instead to assess them of what they learned. Realistically, we can kick their a**es in one to two turns, but by game logic, it sounds amazing. XD
    Yeah, but Gamefreak designs Pokemon games so that each one is accessible to people who the game is the first Pokemon game they've played, so they'll have the first gym be more tutorial based. ie: The Striaten gym being based on type advantage.
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Birdy View Post
    It's possible that the event which causes the ice to melt occurs pre-E4 and during our gym battle quest, opening up more areas in which gym battles could occur.

Whoever said that it was challenging the E4 that caused the ice to melt?
    Don't ask me, I agree with you. There's some important plot points hidden under the ice (Shizui's gym, the Pokemon League), at least some of it has to melt before the game is over.

Yeah, but Gamefreak designs Pokemon games so that each one is accessible to people who the game is the first Pokemon game they've played, so they'll have the first gym be more tutorial based. ie: The Striaten gym being based on type advantage.
    Well that's not always the case (The first gym in Gens. 1-4 weren't exactly what I'd call tutorials), but certainly in this case. The fact that it's so early and that the type specialty is Normal leads me to believe that the first gym is going to revolve around baser concepts than even type advantages.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 20th May 2012 at 6:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Something tells me that it is still knowledge-based -- Schoolkids scattered around the building, blocking your way and not letting you pass until you answer their questions requiring basic Pokemon Trainer knowledge, such as status problems and type advantages.
    I agree with you sir.

Speculation is speculation, it's the fun part before the games release. But erm, I do agree with what you're saying - makes perfect sense to me.
    That being said, the Gym puzzle is most likely going to be knowledge based like most of us think, then again GF is GF and they always surprise us! Js :]//

If we do deal with something outside of knowledge, and its battle based, how bout they give us battles based on the infliction of statuses? Its the one thing that has always been featured in schools, and it would be an interesting twist. One kids team is based round confusion, the other kids based on poisoning you, the others based on sleep and so on. Sure it would go against the type of the gym, but then again, its a school, to learn things.
    BLAH

If we do deal with something outside of knowledge, and its battle based, how bout they give us battles based on the infliction of statuses? Its the one thing that has always been featured in schools, and it would be an interesting twist. One kids team is based round confusion, the other kids based on poisoning you, the others based on sleep and so on. Sure it would go against the type of the gym, but then again, its a school, to learn things.
    I suppose that would be based on whats available at the time pokemon-wise. Would there be anything to use to cause poison that early on? Come to think of it what normal types can poison?
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

I suppose that would be based on whats available at the time pokemon-wise. Would there be anything to use to cause poison that early on? Come to think of it what normal types can poison?
    With the help of Toxic, any normal type could poison a Poke. But Toxic being used in the first gym seems a little far fetched to me.

The ice won't affect the story in terms of where we are going to, as that would not only isolate Opelucid as mentioned, but give us no Lacunosa, and Undella, which should be part of the main game. Not to mention, that would also mean there is no league, so a little sense has to be used here.
    The event which causes the ice to melt could occur between the 8th gym and the league. The conclusion to the main storyline usually always happens before the league challenge

The event which causes the ice to melt could occur between the 8th gym and the league. The conclusion to the main storyline usually always happens before the league challenge
    Not entirely true as the conclusion for BW Main storyline occured "After" the League Challenge.

Not entirely true as the conclusion for BW Main storyline occured "After" the League Challenge.
    I know, that's why I said usually. lol.

The league could also be relocated, though. The current one is kinda old and worn at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Icy Meteor View Post
    It's mostly likely the places under the ice aren't accessible until after the main storyline, but in the animated trailer, the male protagonist and Lucario went through an area which possibly could have been a town which is beneath the ice on the map of the region.
    WRONG!
    The icy place was aboard a ship.
    The Ice was created by the rivals Samurott, because it used Ice Beam.
    Though, your idea is not wrong.
    It would be an awesome possibility.
    Though I wonder how Black City and White Forest would fit into this.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrComboman77?feature=mhee My channel. Check it OUT.

Click here if you like video games, strategy, teamwork, and unique and creative characters. Oh, and battles: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?r...66512838875708

Let the cold take you...feel its power....

I know, that's why I said usually. lol.

The league could also be relocated, though. The current one is kinda old and worn at this point.
    Looking at the map, even though it is obscured by the ice, you can still tell that it's on the same location.
    The only thing that changed is the path towards the League.

Route 10's bridge have collapsed. And if you look at the map carefully, you can see new areas east of the League. If they don't allow us to simply surf across, then it is very likely that, instead of heading north from Opelucid, you head north from Lacunosa (follow that river-like path) then head west through that marshy/lake-like area towards the League.

Quote Originally Posted by Comboman77 View Post
    WRONG!
    The icy place was aboard a ship.
    The Ice was created by the rivals Samurott, because it used Ice Beam.
    Eh, what? You should watch the trailer once again.
    The trainer and his Lucario was chasing a member of the Shadow Triad on the streets of a frozen town/city.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post

Eh, what? You should watch the trailer once again.
    The trainer and his Lucario was chasing a member of the Shadow Triad on the streets of a frozen town/city.
    Hmmmm, oops.
    I must wrong myself now.
    WRONG!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrComboman77?feature=mhee My channel. Check it OUT.

Click here if you like video games, strategy, teamwork, and unique and creative characters. Oh, and battles: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?r...66512838875708

Let the cold take you...feel its power....

Although the Victory Road and the League itself was creative and somewhat pleasing to the eye!
    I'm hoping that in BW2 they completely renovate these areas with different designs and aesthetics.
    Especially Victory Road, I don't mind the League but would welcome any changes!
    On that note, changes to Elite four Line up aswell as level advancements is something I want :]
    I'm guessing we don't get E4 information until the games release.. Mhmm :¬

Page 53 of 157 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast