Page 95 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 3908

Thread: Unova Region Discussion/Speculation Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    It was discussed when the player characters were initially revealed for quite some time.
    Well IDK how I missed that, but I did. And I still don't see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Rai1994 View Post
    About the Patrat thing... I am very curious to know if it is in fact programmed or not... But I will have to wait until the 23rd to find out. If it is programmed I think it would be cool.
    I don't like programmed shinies, it felt odd having shiny garydos sitting in the PC. It sort of defeats the purpose of shininess. Imagine someone who breeded like 1000 eggs just to find a shiny pat rat and now they are giving it out like a magicarp. I would be pretty upset.

Quote Originally Posted by KyuremCraze View Post
    Its Weird Ti See That Unova Now Has About 20-ish Flyable Locations Now, Isn't It?
    The more, the merrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Okay, fine, not confirmed, but 99% likely. Happy? Unless there's some new ice cave or a new Plasma base, the storyline is going to have to end in that section of Unova, because otherwise there's nowhere else for the story to end. The final battle with Team Plasma will undoubtedly involve Kyurem in some way, and if that isn't how the storyline ends, the Pokemon League will be.
    This may be not what your trying to get at, so don't get mad if it's completely unrelated. But Snowpoint City and Sunyshore were no where near Mt. Cornet. The 8th/7th gym's are not always near the main events. (If thats along the lines at what you guys are debating about)

Well IDK how I missed that, but I did. And I still don't see it.
    Then look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilpulp View Post
    This may be not what your trying to get at, so don't get mad if it's completely unrelated. But Snowpoint City and Sunyshore were no where near Mt. Cornet. The 8th/7th gym's are not always near the main events. (If thats along the lines at what you guys are debating about)
    Sunyshore was near the Pokemon League, in fact usually the 8th gym is near the Pokemon League. There are other reasons why that location fits the bill, though, the fact that it's on the way to Giant Chasm and the Pokemon League is just a bonus.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

So after comparing the BW1 map and the new one I noticed that on the Western Mountains closest to the river seem to have a new cave (green dot) on it and on that water route between Undella and new city there seems to be a place to stop, the islands that many people have seen *cough Bolt cough*, since the shore along Undella bay is smaller in the BW2 map than it is in BW1, why else would they but a water route in Undella Bay...there's a land route between them.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

Well I haven't gotten around to adequately comparing BW2 Unova yet, but I know that BW1 Unova was pathetically small, smaller than Kanto and comparable to Johto. It might just be because Hoenn and Sinnoh make it look tiny by comparison, but I still don't think BW2 Unova is that big. And Kanto isn't even that small anyway, it's about medium size compared to other regions, that's why I want to compare it to BW2 Unova.
    *Sighs* BW1 Isshu is FAR bigger then Kanto and Johto.
    Unlike you I'll back my statements with FACTS.

Number of Cities:
    Kanto - 11
    Johto - 9
    BW Isshu - 15. BW2 Isshu - 18 (TBA)

Demograhpics:
    Kanto (FRLG) - 391
    Johto - 441
    BW Isshu - 804. BW2 Isshu - TBA

Routes :
    Kanto - 28
    Johto - 20
    BW Isshu - 23 including Unovian Bridges which are considered as Routes, albeit not numbered.
    BW2 Isshu - 27 with a possible 2/3 more.

* Note - Routes of Isshu are alot LARGER then a good majority of the Routes found in Johto/Kanto

tldr ;
    With the small arguments of Routes aside there is NOTHING else indicating that Johto and Kanto can compare to Isshu in size.
    BW Isshu had more Cities than Kanto and Johto. The Demograhpics of BW Isshu is more or less equal to Kanto/Johto combined.

Facts aside, by playing the games anyone with an ounce of sense will know that..
    Kanto is a small Region only consisting of Celadon, Saffron as notable Cities.
    Johto had Goldernod, Violet and Ecruteak with the remaining areas being horribly small and redudant after the Gyms.
    BW Isshu had Castelia, largest City in the Poke-Universe by a distance.
    Nimbasa home of Entertainment and Luxury, hosts the largest Demographical statistics.
    Unova may have less Routes but that's more then made up for with them Routes being large and with 5 Bridges.

Despite the numerous additions to BW2 Unova you still think it's small, you haven't even played the games..yeah
    - You seem to be struggling with the Regions, you should play the Games again and polish your knowledge :]

Sources : Bulbapedia, Common sense.
    Last edited by Kall El; 20th June 2012 at 11:14 PM.
    *Hoenn is where the start is*

Quote Originally Posted by Kall El View Post
    *Sighs* BW1 Isshu is FAR bigger then Kanto and Johto.
    Unlike you I'll back my statements with FACTS.

Number of Cities:
    Kanto - 11
    Johto - 9
    BW Isshu - 15. BW2 Isshu - 18 (TBA)

Demograhpics:
    Kanto (FRLG) - 391
    Johto - 441
    BW Isshu - 804. BW2 Isshu - TBA

Routes :
    Kanto - 28
    Johto - 20
    BW Isshu - 23 including Unovian Bridges which are considered as Routes, albeit not numbered.
    BW2 Isshu - 27 with a possible 2/3 more.

* Note - Routes of Isshu are alot LARGER then a good majority of the Routes found in Johto/Kanto

tldr ;
    With the small arguments of Routes aside there is NOTHING else indicating that Johto and Kanto can compare to Isshu in size.
    BW Isshu had more Cities than Kanto and Johto. The Demograhpics of BW Isshu is more or less equal to Kanto/Johto combined.

Facts aside, by playing the games anyone with an ounce of sense will know that..
    Kanto is a small Region only consisting of Celadon, Saffron as notable Cities.
    Johto had Goldernod, Violet and Ecruteak with the remaining areas being horribly small and redudant after the Gyms.
    BW Isshu had Castelia, largest City in the Poke-Universe by a distance.
    Nimbasa home of Entertainment and Luxury, hosts the largest Demographical statistics.
    Unova may have less Routes but that's more then made up for with them Routes being large and with 5 Bridges.

Despite the numerous additions to BW2 Unova you still think it's small, you haven't even played the games..yeah
    - You seem to be struggling with the Regions, you should play the Games again and polish your knowledge :]

Sources : Bulbapedia, Common sense.
    Yes, yes, I know that now. It's bigger than Kanto (in terms of area, NOT in terms of number of routes or number of paths). Still not as big as Hoenn or Sinnoh, though. I know for a fact that both of those have more and bigger routes than BW2 Unova.

Yes, yes, I know that now. It's bigger than Kanto (in terms of area, NOT in terms of number of routes or number of paths). Still not as big as Hoenn or Sinnoh, though. I know for a fact that both of those have more and bigger routes than BW2 Unova.
    Actually, BW2 has the most cities with 19, or 20 if you count Anville. It has 25 routes, including bridges and not mincluding new areas in Northeast Unova.
    Hoenn had 18 cities and 34 routes.
    Sinnoh had 14 cities and 30 routes.

So yes, Hoenn and Sinnoh have more routes, but less towns, but even then I don't see how you can say its smaller than Sinnoh and Hoenn if you haven't even played B/W2 yet.
    No sig. Deal with it.

Apologies if it has been answers or if I'm just an idiot, but where is the starting town's location on the new map? Top right or bottom left?

edit: Nevermind. I see that the person is in the bottom left. Don't know why I thought it was on the right.

Anyway, I like that they've made the first town an actual city now. Starting towns have always been pathetic in these games.

Disappointed with the gym leader pokemon so far. The more I look back at Ruby/Sapphire, the more I see how spoiled we are with their pokemon choices.
    Last edited by Unlimited; 21st June 2012 at 12:34 AM.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/wm0yld.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
    Actually, BW2 has the most cities with 19, or 20 if you count Anville. It has 25 routes, including bridges and not mincluding new areas in Northeast Unova.
    You can actually argue that Sinnoh has 35 or so depending on how you define the routes. Which brings up another point that you can't just spout out route numbers, you have to take size into account. Many of Hoenn and Sinnoh's routes are absolutely humungous, Unova has several smaller routes. Also, I don't think you can count bridges, they're just empty space to allow you to go from A to B, there's no trainers, no Pokemon (except for Driftveil Drawbridge and Marvelous Bridge), etc.

So yes, Hoenn and Sinnoh have more routes, but less towns, but even then I don't see how you can say its smaller than Sinnoh and Hoenn if you haven't even played B/W2 yet.
    We've been to Unova once before, so we have a sense of scale on this map. Unless there's an extension to the map (which I doubt), we already know exactly how big Unova is.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 21st June 2012 at 12:43 AM.

We've been to Unova once before, so we have a sense of scale on this map. Unless there's an extension to the map (which I doubt), we already know exactly how big Unova is.
    Actually many people have said that there's a possibility of another page of the map, sub region maybe?
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited View Post
    Disappointed with the gym leader pokemon so far. The more I look back at Ruby/Sapphire, the more I see how spoiled we are with their pokemon choices.
    I agree. We were able to face a sixth Leader with a five-Pokémon team, something even the Elite Four don't have now.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

I still fail to see the significane of your point.
    Kanto may have more Routes, but there is more to Regions then Routes alone.
    There are Cities, Towns AND the size of each Route aswell as Demographics.
    Please refrain from including Hoenn/Sinnoh as this is between Kanto/Johto and Isshu.

Actually including the Battle Zone Sinnoh has IIRC, 17 Settlements.
    Whilst I agree that Sinnoh and especially Hoenn are extremely large.
    Like you said we can't jump to conclusions having not played BW2.
    Isshu is pretty damn big anyways :]

And from that experience Isshu was a large Region, bigger then Kanto.
    The only quirk we have was it felt incomplete, and with BW2 we are confident that won't be an issue.
    You can't say for sure that the Map doesn't have another page or extension in BW2.
    Besides there is alot of unused areas that was redudant to Isshu that is used in BW2.
    E.g. SouthWest Isshu and Parts of Northern East Isshu.
    So I disagree that the scale of the map gives us an accurate know-how on how big Isshu is.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited View Post
    Apologies if it has been answers or if I'm just an idiot, but where is the starting town's location on the new map? Top right or bottom left?

edit: Nevermind. I see that the person is in the bottom left. Don't know why I thought it was on the right.
    Bottom Left.

Edit : You got there before me ;p
    Last edited by Kall El; 21st June 2012 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    I agree. We were able to face a sixth Leader with a five-Pokémon team, something even the Elite Four don't have now.
    As long as there are rematches that would make up for it, I'm good.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

You can actually argue that Sinnoh has 35 or so depending on how you define the routes. Which brings up another point that you can't just spout out route numbers, you have to take size into account. Many of Hoenn and Sinnoh's routes are absolutely humungous, Unova has several smaller routes. Also, I don't think you can count bridges, they're just empty space to allow you to go from A to B, there's no trainers, no Pokemon (except for Driftveil Drawbridge and Marvelous Bridge), etc.
    What do you mean "how you define routes?"
    No sig. Deal with it.

What do you mean "how you define routes?"
    Unlike other regions, Sinnoh divides some of its routes into North and South routes and East and West routes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    As long as there are rematches that would make up for it, I'm good.
    I really hope so. They're usually saved for the third version, and the sequels take its place now, so it would be fair enough.

Actually the definition of "Route" in the context of a Noun would be "A way or course taken in getting from a starting point to a destination."
    So technically and logically you're wrong. Simply because although the bridges aren't numbered & that's due to them being bridge settlements -
    - does not mean that they aren't a means of getting from A to B and therefore are considered Routes, just not named or numbered.

There is no need for trainers to be on the Route for it to be considered a Route.
    The objective of a Bridge is for you to get from A to B, which is also the objective of a Route.
    Hence, the inclusion of Unovian bridges in the Route count is perfectly fine.

I really hope so. They're usually saved for the third version, and the sequels take its place now, so it would be fair enough.
    Bet all we get are them showing up in the World Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Bet all we get are them showing up in the World Tournament
    With just three Pokémon again? That wouldn't really make up for their limited Gym teams, I guess.

If you guys really want to compare which route is bigger, compute the total area of the route. In other terms, count the total squares.
    Good luck with that.

Anyway, we're getting a bit off topic with this region size comparison.
    Let's move on.

With just three Pokémon again? That wouldn't really make up for their limited Gym teams, I guess.
    And without the ability to get exp

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    If you guys really want to compare which route is bigger, compute the total area of the route. In other terms, count the total squares.
    Good luck with that.

Anyway, we're getting a bit off topic with this region size comparison.
    Let's move on.
    I'm not invovled or interested in that.
    Was just amused as to how one can say Kanto is far bigger then Isshu.
    And even more so at judging BW2 despite the games not being released/

I agree with you though, this is getting horribly off-topic.

Okay, so does anybody have an idea what the dotted line from Castelia, through Driftveil City, to Twist Mountain could be? The underwater tunnel perhaps? That would make sense.

Eitherway, I'm quite entertained with this map. The mountain area looks thrilling. Quite a few new spots to go to. As for Shizui being the final gymleader.. -.- Not another water-type at the end...
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

There are Cities, Towns AND the size of each Route aswell as Demographics.
    First of all, I meant to ask this earlier, but what in Arceus' name are Demographics? Also, you forgot dungeons.

Please refrain from including Hoenn/Sinnoh as this is between Kanto/Johto and Isshu.
    Who do you think you are telling us what we can and can't discuss? Hoenn and Sinnoh are relevant in a discussion about Unova's relative size compared to other regions.

Isshu is pretty damn big anyways :]
    Looks more dense than big, IMO.

And from that experience Isshu was a large Region, bigger then Kanto.
    If it's bigger, it's not by much. Kanto had 10 cities, 25 routes (approximately 8 large routes and 17 small routes) and 13 dungeons and BW1 Unova had 13 cities, 18 routes (approximately 6 large routes and 12 small routes) and 16 dungeons. They're roughly the same size.

So I disagree that the scale of the map gives us an accurate know-how on how big Isshu is.
    80% of BW2 Unova was also in BW1, so unless Unova was zapped by a growth ray or something, we know exactly how big Unova is (besides the possible extension).

Actually the definition of "Route" in the context of a Noun would be "A way or course taken in getting from a starting point to a destination."
    So technically and logically you're wrong. Simply because although the bridges aren't numbered & that's due to them being bridge settlements -
    - does not mean that they aren't a means of getting from A to B and therefore are considered Routes, just not named or numbered.

There is no need for trainers to be on the Route for it to be considered a Route.
    The objective of a Bridge is for you to get from A to B, which is also the objective of a Route.
    Hence, the inclusion of Unovian bridges in the Route count is perfectly fine.
    That's the literal definition of a route, but not the game's definition of a route. A route needs to be populated and explorable. Bridges are neither of those, they're a straight path with pretty much nothing on them.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 21st June 2012 at 1:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Okay, so does anybody have an idea what the dotted line from Castelia, through Driftveil City, to Twist Mountain could be? The underwater tunnel perhaps? That would make sense.

Eitherway, I'm quite entertained with this map. The mountain area looks thrilling. Quite a few new spots to go to. As for Shizui being the final gymleader.. -.- Not another water-type at the end...
    The long dotted line most like the Underwater Tunnel.
    The passage from Driftveil to Icirrus could be a cave, rather than underwater though.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure people have read this already, but I don't know if this has been brought up. According to the PokeJungle's translation of the Famitsu review, one reviewer praises the new features including the stuff after completing the main story and the Fes Mission. It's interesting that it was really vague. I hope it's something big since it was given a '10'.

First of all, I meant to ask this earlier, but what in Arceus' name are Demographics? Also, you forgot dungeons.
    Demographics refers to a particular sector of population. In other terms, total population in a single town/city.

Page 95 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast