Page 141 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 4051

Thread: Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Guys, you know there's also trading right? You could trade over staryus, seels, remoraids, water stones, etc. to get what you want. You also could just get a psyduck or azurill and train it until you can get one of them. Simple as that.
    Or the Pokémon distribution could have been handled with more thought.

I prefer not trading for team members, especially during my first playthrough.

i like the selection of pokemon in the pokedex...as for water types Samurott is all you need in a water type

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Or the Pokémon distribution could have been handled with more thought.

I prefer not trading for team members, especially during my first playthrough.
    Well than that's you. There not gonna suit the game just to fit you're specific liking.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Guys, you know there's also trading right? You could trade over staryus, seels, remoraids, water stones, etc. to get what you want. You also could just get a psyduck or azurill and train it until you can get one of them. Simple as that.
    Ikr? They're making it so complicated when it's really not.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Uhm, jsyk not everyone has access to two DS systems to trade, and I'm pretty sure those who dislike trading Pokemon in their first run aren't in the minority.

But yeah I completely agree with The Eleventh in that the distribution of Water types was pretty poor. You get Surf after Clay, don't you? Having even just one of Staryu, Remoraid and friends available through surfing in a place accessible before Undella would've been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    The availability of Water types is very disappointing. There are few that can be obtained early in the game, and the majority are relegated to post-Gym 6 (I think).

I really don't know which Water type I'll use, and I've never had that problem before.
    The distribution in general was handled very poorly, but yeah, they could've at least put some more in Driftveil City and Virbank City/Complex.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Well than that's you. There not gonna suit the game just to fit you're specific liking.
    That's a fault of the game if there aren't that many viable options at a reasonable point in the game, and a perfectly justified complaint. I mean, it's one thing with some of the more powerful Pokemon in the game like Metagross, but a lot of the ones restricted to late and post game aren't really powerful enough to warrant their position. Plus, many of the ones available only in post game aren't even seen on trainer rosters until then, making them pointless additions. It's especially infuriating that Pokemon like Tyranitar are put into this position since they were directly advertised to be part of the Unova Dex before we even knew what was in it. There's no way to justify the decisions they made in regard to Pokemon distribution in this game, there just isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    You can either find a Water Stone in dust clouds in the Relic Passage or just buy one from the PWT for 3BP.

Given that you have to beat it once to progress in the story, surely it's not too hard to beat it twice more?
    Getting stones in the dust clouds is extremely annoying. I don't have that kind of patients >.> Maybe I'll just get remoraid instead, it will get rid of my having 6 pokemon before the 3rd gym leader problem anyways XD

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles2007 View Post
    Getting stones in the dust clouds is extremely annoying. I don't have that kind of patients >.> Maybe I'll just get remoraid instead, it will get rid of my having 6 pokemon before the 3rd gym leader problem anyways XD
    You could have always gotten the evolution stones in the Dream World.

Friend Code: Listed in code spoiler!
    Pokémon Safari Type: Dark
    Pokémon in Safari: Liepard, Nuzleaf, Crawdaunt (Spiecal thanks to mwrspeedy29 and Shao-May)
        Spoiler:- Code Section:

Quote Originally Posted by firerank9 View Post
    You could have always gotten the evolution stones in the Dream World.
    That's no easy task. You need a boat load of points for them to even have the chance of showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    You can either find a Water Stone in dust clouds in the Relic Passage or just buy one from the PWT for 3BP.

Given that you have to beat it once to progress in the story, surely it's not too hard to beat it twice more?
    Wait..certain evolution stones are only available in certain dust cloud locations 0_0..? I thought it was any dust cloud.
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Birds of Paradise View Post
    Wait..certain evolution stones are only available in certain dust cloud locations 0_0..? I thought it was any dust cloud.
    They are in any cloud, the Relic Passage is just the earliest place where dust clouds appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles2007 View Post
    And buying it from the PWT?

I am in absolute adoration of the expanded BW2 pokedex. The pokemon they chose are simply flawless, the selection of pokemon is fantastic. I can barely contain my excitement while playing!

I particularly love the selection available right from the beginning- such as Flocessy Ranch. Riolu was a great choice, and I can see it fitting on many teams.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstre View Post
    I am in absolute adoration of the expanded BW2 pokedex. The pokemon they chose are simply flawless, the selection of pokemon is fantastic. I can barely contain my excitement while playing!

I particularly love the selection available right from the beginning- such as Flocessy Ranch. Riolu was a great choice, and I can see it fitting on many teams.
    In the early game, maybe, but mid game is almost desolate of new Pokemon and late and post game are overloaded with new ones.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

This looks like a great Unova Dex, with 300 pokemon to be found in Unova now. I was very happy to see Ampharos, Lapras, Toxicroak and the elemental monkeys still in there.
    Black 2 Badge Quest
    2 Badges

lv. 12 | lv. 15 | lv. 12 | lv. 12 | lv. 17 | lv. 18

I squealed like a little girl when I ran into a wild Riolu at Locassey Ranch. Finally I can have a Lucario in my party through the entire game

Out of curiosity, is my namesake available in game in any way?

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Out of curiosity, is my namesake available in game in any way?
    Not in BW2, no, but it can be obtained through Dream Radar if you own SoulSilver.

Trapinch's encounter rate is ridiculous. I'm going to be in the Desert forever.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    You'll get it soon. (:

A low encounter rate isn't an impossible encounter rate. (:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    It's only 5%. That's pretty rare, but it's not that terrible.

Make sure you are in the right part of the Desert, I accidentally spent a half hour searching Rt 4 only to realize they are only available in the Desert Resort...

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Make sure you are in the right part of the Desert, I accidentally spent a half hour searching Rt 4 only to realize they are only available in the Desert Resort...
    Considering that the Desert Resort exterior and "interior" are two different maps, yeah. Make sure you don't make that mistake.

I also learned the hard way. <_<

It would've been awesome if Gligar was available that early.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 13th October 2012 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    It would've been awesome if Gligar was available that early.
    Yeah, Gligar sort of fits in Desert Resort, considering that it's a Ground-type.

Can the gift pokemon Eevee female??

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Can the gift pokemon Eevee female??
    No, it's Male only from everything I've heard

So what would you guys change about the Pokemon distribution in this game? Here's some of the major things I'd do:

Spoiler:- Pokemon Distribution Ideas:

And then that frees up room for more post game Pokemon like:
        Spoiler:- More Pokemon Distribution Ideas:

Page 141 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast