Page 142 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 4051

Thread: Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    So what would you guys change about the Pokemon distribution in this game? Here's some of the major things I'd do:

Spoiler:- Pokemon Distribution Ideas:

And then that frees up room for more post game Pokemon like:
        Spoiler:- More Pokemon Distribution Ideas:
    I'd probably add everything you'd add. I'd mainly just want to decrease the rate that any one wild Pokémon appears rather than try to put specific ones in specific places.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

So what would you guys change about the Pokemon distribution in this game?
    Off the top of my head:

+ Rufflet on Rt. 19 (W2)
    + Vullaby on Rt. 19 (B2)

I would like them to bring back early flying types and Rufflet/Vullaby early on would be lovely. Also, I wasn't a fan of Pidove

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    I would like them to bring back early flying types and Rufflet/Vullaby early on would be lovely. Also, I wasn't a fan of Pidove
    I'd agree with this. Having to rely on one Pokémon to fit the role of one type early on in a Pokémon game doesn't really equate to that good Pokémon distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I'd agree with this. Having to rely on one Pokémon to fit the role of one type early on in a Pokémon game doesn't really equate to that good Pokémon distribution.
    It's a great concept that dates back to RBY. Pidgey is there @ the very 1st Rt. It also helps in getting your team roles filled early instead of waiting till you get Fly to realize "Oh, I don't have a Flying-type, so I guess I'll just use this one I caught 2 seconds ago"

It's a great concept that dates back to RBY. Pidgey is there @ the very 1st Rt. It also helps in getting your team roles filled early instead of waiting till you get Fly to realize "Oh, I don't have a Flying-type, so I guess I'll just use this one I caught 2 seconds ago"
    There's Spearow in Kanto and Johto, too, along with Pidgey. Hoenn has Taillow and Wingull.

There's Spearow in Kanto and Johto, too, along with Pidgey. Hoenn has Taillow and Wingull.
    Johto even had Pidgey @ the beginning even though they just added Hoot Hoot. Logically it was because it's an owl and they come out at night, but to me it's because they realized they made a bad new Flying-type and were handing out apologetic-Pidgeys

I'd rather have a Hoot-hoot than a Pidgey

Pidgey just isn't very good. At least Noctowl has Psychic gimmicks and slightly better special statistics & HP. And evolves quicker
    Pidgey bores me to tears and the wait for Pidgeot is far too long.

Johto even had Pidgey @ the beginning even though they just added Hoot Hoot. Logically it was because it's an owl and they come out at night, but to me it's because they realized they made a bad new Flying-type and were handing out apologetic-Pidgeys
    I wouldn't call Pidove "bad" at the beginning of the game. But I must say that they should've at least made another Flying-type for the beginning of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post

Pidgey just isn't very good. At least Noctowl has Psychic gimmicks and slightly better special statistics & HP. And evolves quicker
    Pidgey bores me to tears and the wait for Pidgeot is far too long.
    Back in the day I loved Pidgeot. When it comes to certain types of Pokemon, I get picky. Ex. When it comes to Fly, I want someone in my team that can use it the best in combat. Noctowl just didn't do that for me

Back in the day I loved Pidgeot. When it comes to certain types of Pokemon, I get picky. Ex. When it comes to Fly, I want someone in my team that can use it the best in combat. Noctowl just didn't do that for me
    When I consider who to make my Flyer, I generally ask myself whether or not a Pokémon would suffer from only having three viable moves. If so, then I wouldn't teach it Fly; if it wouldn't, then I'd almost certainly teach it Fly.

When I consider who to make my Flyer, I generally ask myself whether or not a Pokémon would suffer from only having three viable moves. If so, then I wouldn't teach it Fly; if it wouldn't, then I'd almost certainly teach it Fly.
    Staraptor was really the only one I found my self able to cope with having 2 Flying-type moves.

Staraptor was really the only one I found my self able to cope with having 2 Flying-type moves.
    Same here. Staraptor is just such a good Pokémon for in-game purposes. It makes me wonder why it wasn't included in BW2. :/

Same here. Staraptor is just such a good Pokémon for in-game purposes. It makes me wonder why it wasn't included in BW2. :/
    Braviary/Unfezant/Mandibuzz

Braviary is the only one that has come close to Staraptor for me

Braviary/Unfezant/Mandibuzz

Braviary is the only one that has come close to Staraptor for me
    Unfezant doesn't count since it's the evolution of Pidove. Braviary and Mandibuzz don't really count either since they're not really at the beginning of the game. And the one that's on Route 4 doesn't count either, because it's not expected that everybody will take advantage of it.

Off the top of my head:

+ Rufflet on Rt. 19 (W2)
    + Vullaby on Rt. 19 (B2)

No, they're too powerful for that early in the game. The earliest area I'd say that would be reasonable for them would be Reversal Mountain outside or maybe Rt. 6 or 7. I can't think of any good early game Flying type that would fit Rt. 19, but definitely at least make Pidove available then. Rt. 19 was fairly disappointing as far as the number of Pokemon available. Considering that the Unova Dex has 300 Pokemon, you'd think they'd start out strong by having more than two Pokemon available straight from the first route. I think Rt. 19 should have these Pokemon:

Patrat
    Purrloin
    Pidove
    Lillipup
    Azurill

They changed it in BW because they didn't want whoever chose Oshawott to have an unfair advantage against the first gym (since Pidove would be useful against Cilan. Although if you ask me, they should've given you access to the top half of Rt. 3 and Wellspring Cave so you have Pidove/Roggenrola/Blitzle as options against the triplets as well, I hate those monkeys.). But since you're not fighting the Triplets in BW2, they should've gone back to putting the regional bird on the first route.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 19th October 2012 at 6:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

No, they're too powerful for that early in the game..
    Definitely not too powerful for that early...

You can start off w/ Tepig which Pignite/Emboar is pretty much Braviary Attack-wise and Rufflet doesn't even evolve till Lv.54...

It is a good shaking grass encounter

You can start off w/ Tepig which Pignite/Emboar is pretty much Braviary Attack-wise and Rufflet doesn't even evolve till Lv.54...

Maybe as a Shaking Spot encounter, but I still can't see it fitting in that kind of environment. Vullaby/Rufflet usually like drier, more mountainous areas. So maybe Rt. 4/Desert Resort at the absolute earliest. Although I still think it's better as a late game Pokemon.

These are the areas I'd consider most suitable for Vullaby/Rufflet:

Reversal Mountain Outside
    Rt. 15
    Rt. 11
    Rt. 23
    Victory Road
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 19th October 2012 at 7:21 PM.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Off the top of my head:

+ Rufflet on Rt. 19 (W2)
    + Vullaby on Rt. 19 (B2)

Except they wouldn't evolve for like 50 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I'd rather have Starly than either of them.

Or at least Taillow, or even something like Spearow or Doduo.

I think Rt. 19 should have these Pokemon:

Patrat
    Purrloin
    Pidove
    Lillipup
    Azurill
    I think GameFreak just tries to avoid overwhelming the player on the first Route. No first Route has ever had more than four Pokemon available on it (because Hoothoot replaced Pidgey and Sentret at night in HG), and most have either two or three.

By "that early," he means "first Route in the game."

As in, "before you probably have your starter Pokemon's evolution."

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    I think GameFreak just tries to avoid overwhelming the player on the first Route. No first Route has ever had more than four Pokemon available on it (because Hoothoot replaced Pidgey and Sentret at night in HG), and most have either two or three.
    It's not really that overwhelming, and it'd be better to have at least one or two more Pokemon on Rt. 19 for pacing purposes, as Rt. 20 and Flocessy Ranch are even more overwhelming.

They changed it in BW because they didn't want whoever chose Oshawott to have an unfair advantage against the first gym (since Pidove would be useful against Cilan. Although if you ask me, they should've given you access to the top half of Rt. 3 and Wellspring Cave so you have Pidove/Roggenrola/Blitzle as options against the triplets as well, I hate those monkeys.). But since you're not fighting the Triplets in BW2, they should've gone back to putting the regional bird on the first route.
    Whoever thought it was a good idea to lock out the entirety of Route 3 before getting the Trio Badge was really dumb. There'd be nothing wrong with having more Pokémon available for capture. It wouldn't be overwhelming the player because the player would have a choice to go onto the northern half of Route 3 before the first gym (the player would choose to "overwhelm" themselves), and if they didn't, they'd have to go through the route anyway (at which point the number of Pokémon wouldn't be overwhelming anymore).

Probably because that would be unfair to Snivy users, considering that Oshawott users could pick up Pidoves and Tepig users could get Blitzles, but Snivy users would be stuck with just the one Panpour.

Probably because that would be unfair to Snivy users, considering that Oshawott users could pick up Pidoves and Tepig users could get Blitzles, but Snivy users would be stuck with just the one Panpour.
    Either that or they desperately wanted to teach you type advantages using the monkeys.

Speaking of the monkeys are there less of them now in BW2? It seemed like 2 trainers on every Route had one of them in BW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    Speaking of the monkeys are there less of them now in BW2? It seemed like 2 trainers on every Route had one of them in BW.
    Yeah, there's less of them. The Trainers this time around are much more varied.

Yeah, there's less of them. The Trainers this time around are much more varied.
    Wonderful, not only were they annoying, but they all had the exact same moveset, bar their STAB, which never changed because its a stone evolution. Throughout the game you could defeat them in almost the exact same manner as before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I hope aron could be found somewhere else besides white forest, cause I got black 2 for the version exclusive. But am planning to get white w, just not soon enough.

Aron in Virbank complex. I dont get it, they got one steel type :/
    Last edited by bobandbill; 21st October 2012 at 6:15 AM. Reason: double post merge
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

Page 142 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast