Page 149 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 4051

Thread: Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

  1. #3701
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    I don't get how Grumpig is exclusive to B2 while Camerupt is exclusive to W2. It just strikes me off as weird. They don't have anything that's polar opposite. I mean Minun in Black 2 and Plusle in White 2 would make more sense (as much as I don't use it), but Grumpig and Camerupt is just...

    They could've done the Mawile/Sableye thing in Desert Resort, and make Grumpig AND Camerupt non exclusives. I think Mawile/Sableye is more fitting to the surrounding, Volcano and a ghost house nearby... What a psycho pig is doing there is beyond me.
    Same with Magby and Elekid... I don't really see anything that's polar-opposite about them. :/





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  2. #3702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Same with Magby and Elekid... I don't really see anything that's polar-opposite about them. :/
    They have a long history of being like that. They are like cousins basically

  3. #3703
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Was Magby in B2 then? I didn't pay attention
    Yeah, they switched them in this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  4. #3704
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    They have a long history of being like that. They are like cousins basically
    Oh really, just like Mawile and Sableye? I didn't know that. o:





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  5. #3705
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Oh really, just like Mawile and Sableye? I didn't know that. o:
    Yep.

    Electabuzz/Magmar were version exclusives in Red/Blue and FireRed/LeafGreen. Then they were available in DPPt by putting their respective game in the GBA slot. And now in this game, they switched them from the game they would normally be in (normally Elekid would be in Black 2 and Magby would be in White 2). There's also the fact that they received baby forms and later evolutions at the same time, and have always been in the same regional dex. They're counterparts in every sense of the word.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  6. #3706
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Yep.

    Electabuzz/Magmar were version exclusives in Red/Blue and FireRed/LeafGreen. Then they were available in DPPt by putting their respective game in the GBA slot. And now in this game, they switched them from the game they would normally be in (normally Elekid would be in Black 2 and Magby would be in White 2). There's also the fact that they received baby forms and later evolutions at the same time, and have always been in the same regional dex. They're counterparts in every sense of the word.
    I see. (:

    But wait, what happened to Scyther and Pinsir? Weren't they version exclusives in gen I, too? And then Game Freak decided to screw one of them over by not giving one an evolution?





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  7. #3707
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I see. (:

    But wait, what happened to Scyther and Pinsir? Weren't they version exclusives in gen I, too? And then Game Freak decided to screw one of them over by not giving one an evolution?
    There's been several other examples as well. For instance, Oddish/Bellsprout used to be version exclusives before Gloom got an alt evo. In those cases, they simply stop using them as version exclusive pairs, sometimes they find something else, too. In Scyther/Pinsir's case, they substituted Scyther for Heracross in BW2 and that works out fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  8. #3708
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Personally, I've always thought Camerupt/Wailord to be kind of opposites, with one learning eruption and the other water spout, and coming from the same gen, even though they weren't version exclusives. So I guess they just added Grumpig in there because they wanted another Hoenn Pokemon, and it's catchable in the same region as Numel in Hoenn, and made Wailord in both games. Just my 2˘ though.
    SoulSilver BQ



    Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

  9. #3709
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    I don't get how Grumpig is exclusive to B2 while Camerupt is exclusive to W2. It just strikes me off as weird. They don't have anything that's polar opposite. I mean Minun in Black 2 and Plusle in White 2 would make more sense (as much as I don't use it), but Grumpig and Camerupt is just...

    They could've done the Mawile/Sableye thing in Desert Resort, and make Grumpig AND Camerupt non exclusives. I think Mawile/Sableye is more fitting to the surrounding, Volcano and a ghost house nearby... What a psycho pig is doing there is beyond me.
    Yeah. I think they should've instead made Camerupt exclusive to one, and Wailord to the other, as they're counterpars anyway.

    As for Grumpig... I don't think it has a counterpart, but Swalot does kinda fit as a counterpart I guess... But it's not even available anyway.

  10. #3710
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Yeah. I think they should've instead made Camerupt exclusive to one, and Wailord to the other, as they're counterpars anyway.

    As for Grumpig... I don't think it has a counterpart, but Swalot does kinda fit as a counterpart I guess... But it's not even available anyway.
    I actually think it was more convenient, at least for GF, for them to have the version exclusive Pokemon in the same area, which I guess is why they picked Grumpig, because I guess it did live near the volcano in Hoenn.
    SoulSilver BQ



    Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

  11. #3711
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Oh Ottawa!
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    the only reason why they're rare in DPPt is because they're naturally native to the Unova - they just happened to be in the Sinnoh dex because Riley and Cynthia both had a Lucario.
    You know that still blows my mind each time that's brought up.
    MY Pokemon Black/White 2 Team:

    :


    Also Rotational:


  12. #3712
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Any Pokemon that's in the Pokedex is a native to that region.
    And you know this how?

    The only reason Riolu isn't catchable in DPPt is because it was a design decision, they decided that Riolu is too rare to allow it to be catchable.
    Yes, OK. This... supports the fact that Riolu can't be caught in Sinnoh.

    It's likely that Riley and Cynthia got their in some area of Sinnoh that for whatever reason we can't access, much like how we couldn't access SW Unova, Reversal Mountain, and Humilau City in BW1.
    Likely? There's absolutely nothing to indicate so. Saying that there are areas of Sinnoh we just didn't visit is stupid. That can be said for any issue that arises. Why can't we stay with factual information?

  13. #3713
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Yes, OK. This... supports the fact that Riolu can't be caught in Sinnoh.
    We currently cannot in the games, but that doesn't mean it can't be caught in Sinnoh period. How do you know there won't be a new area in Sinnoh in a future game where we can't catch Riolu? You need to look at the situation realistically, not just as a game. If Riolu is indeed in the Sinnoh Dex, then doesn't it stand to reason that it lives somewhere in Sinnoh? Just because we can't go there in the games doesn't mean we couldn't go there IRL.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Likely? There's absolutely nothing to indicate so. Saying that there are areas of Sinnoh we just didn't visit is stupid. That can be said for any issue that arises. Why can't we stay with factual information?
    Okay, let's stay with facts, then. Fact: Any region's Pokedex lists the various Pokemon native to that region. If the Pokemon in that regional dex don't actually live in that region, then why are the professors asking you to catch it? Fact: Later games have added new areas to various regions (HGSS gave us Rt. 47-48, The Cliff Cave, Safari Zone, etc. BW2 gave us SW Unova, Reversal Mountain, Humilau City, etc.) Now then, with that in mind, can you honestly say you know the entire Sinnoh region? Can you honestly say that there's not one square inch of that map where Riolu can hide? No, you cannot.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  14. #3714
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Okay, let's stay with facts, then. Fact: Any region's Pokedex lists the various Pokemon native to that region. If the Pokemon in that regional dex don't actually live in that region, then why are the professors asking you to catch it? Fact: Later games have added new areas to various regions (HGSS gave us Rt. 47-48, The Cliff Cave, Safari Zone, etc. BW2 gave us SW Unova, Reversal Mountain, Humilau City, etc.) Now then, with that in mind, can you honestly say you know the entire Sinnoh region? Can you honestly say that there's not one square inch of that map where Riolu can hide? No, you cannot.
    In the Sinnoh we have documented, there are no areas in which Riolu can be caught. How can you claim that Riolu can be caught, but just somewhere we don't know of? There's no reason to think so. As far as we know, Riolu cannot be captured in Sinnoh. It's that simple.

  15. #3715

    Default

    I think GF pre-plans certain Pokemon to be that way. They know about it but we, as the players, don't.

    It's all about speculation on our behalf.

  16. #3716
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    In the Sinnoh we have documented, there are no areas in which Riolu can be caught. How can you claim that Riolu can be caught, but just somewhere we don't know of? There's no reason to think so. As far as we know, Riolu cannot be captured in Sinnoh. It's that simple.
    Capture location is merely a design decision made by Game Freak based on how we progress through the region and what we need for upcoming battles. It cannot be the sole determinant of which Pokemon are native and which are not, they can put certain Pokemon wherever they want if they think we need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  17. #3717
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,548

    Default

    Ok just stop. Let's look at the facts:

    -Yes, Riolu cannot be caught in game and only obtained from an egg. But that doesn't prove s#!+. How about Arceus? We can't catch Arceus in game, well legit games. If you just look at a plain map of the Sinnoh Regions, we do NOT explore every single part of it. There are pokedex entries for many pokemon that say they live somewhere but are hard to find. Who says that there aren't Riolu/Lucario living on Iron Island, but they just don't like people.

    -Riolu being native to Unova. Sure, it could be. But it could still easily be native to Sinnoh. A pokemon cannot be region-locked into being native. How about Oddish, Geodude, many other multi-regional pokemon? They can all stake claims in being native to all these other regions.

    Also why would GF do something stupid like that. They gave a Lucario to Maylene, Riley and Cynthia. It's also stated many times all over that Riolu and Lucario are rare to find. So can we just end this?
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

    Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

    Alpha Sapphire Team:

    Omega Ruby Team:

  18. #3718
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,521

    Default

    I don't like how they made it where you have to trade to see all the Unova Dex pokemon.

    I'm also curious on why Zangoose and Seviper arn't version exclusive

  19. #3719
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I don't like how they made it where you have to trade to see all the Unova Dex pokemon.
    Better than BW1, where if you had White you had no way of seeing either Pokemon in the Mandibuzz line, at least in BW2 you can use the GTS.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I'm also curious on why Zangoose and Seviper arn't version exclusive
    Do we really need another version exclusive pair?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  20. #3720
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    There's been several other examples as well. For instance, Oddish/Bellsprout used to be version exclusives before Gloom got an alt evo. In those cases, they simply stop using them as version exclusive pairs, sometimes they find something else, too. In Scyther/Pinsir's case, they substituted Scyther for Heracross in BW2 and that works out fine.
    While I personally don't think that having a Bug/--- and a Bug/Fighting Pokémon as version exclusive, I guess Game Freak goes by different standards. :/





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  21. #3721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    While I personally don't think that having a Bug/--- and a Bug/Fighting Pokémon as version exclusive, I guess Game Freak goes by different standards. :/
    As long as the base-types are the same it's fine by me. Besides, Pinsir is not a bad Pokemon IMO. I actually prefer it to Scyther.

  22. #3722
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    While I personally don't think that having a Bug/--- and a Bug/Fighting Pokémon as version exclusive, I guess Game Freak goes by different standards. :/
    Version exclusives have never had to be the same type, this is nothing new.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  23. #3723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Version exclusives have never had to be the same type, this is nothing new.
    I think they mean that one is dual-type while the other is single-type so the trade-off may not seem very fair

  24. #3724
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    I think they mean that one is dual-type while the other is single-type so the trade-off may not seem very fair
    Has it ever been fair?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  25. #3725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Has it ever been fair?
    Sometimes but I'm just clarifying.

    I think there are some that compensate for the unfairness of others so it balances out

Page 149 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •