Page 162 of 163 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163 LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 4051

Thread: Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    But wait, if they had just "begun" living in Unova but didn't know where at that time, wouldn't that mean that there had to have been some sort of event besides the PokéTransfer Factory incident that made a massive influx of Pokémon enter the region?
    Not really, the increase in past gen Pokemon could merely be the result of the original Poketransfer escapees breeding over the last 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I really enjoyed the expanded dex and opposite way in which you navigate Unova. My team in W2 (Magnezone, Arcanine, Haxorus, Samurott and Flygon) differed vastly from my team in W1 (Scrafty, Beartic, Emboar, Swanna, Leavanny and Seismitoad) which made for an interesting, 'fresh' play through. I felt that I could not replay W1 and get a different team, but happily replay W2 and end up with a very different bunch.
    Also, 300 was a great number for a regional dex. The transition from regional to national was a lot less daunting (~500 difference in BW, ~350 in B2W2) and it made for a wide range of types available. Probably the only thing that annoyed me was having to breed so much. I prefer to catch them NFE and evolve them, but due to the high levels of later wild Pokemon, I had to breed just for data, which crowded my boxes a little.
    Great dex, hope they do something similar next time.
    "I completed the National Dex at 12:03am on January 5th, 2013: if Gen VI is announced anytime soon I'm gonna be seriously angry."
    January 8th, 2012: Pokémon X and Y announced. Seriously angry.

I really think Pikachu should have been in the Unova Pokedex this time. It just feels weird leaving out a Pokemon that you basically see throughout the entire game and the mascot of the series. Plus I really want a Light Ball.

In my opinion, Murkrow and Misdreavus would have been great version exclusives in BW2. Both are decent ingame and hit hard with the STABs they have, especially Honchkrow's Super Luck ability to tie with Night Slash.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Not really, the increase in past gen Pokemon could merely be the result of the original Poketransfer escapees breeding over the last 2 years.
    But that's not the case. I can't find it anywhere online, but during your Xtransciever chat with Bianca and Professor Juniper, Bianca makes a comment that they didn't know all these Pokemon have been living here all this time. And I believe the Flocessy Ranch was confirmed to be older than 2 years old, when old Pokemon started appearing.
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

LOOKING FOR: Modest, 4/5 IV from Alpha Sapphire
    PM me for offers!! PLEASE!!

Quote Originally Posted by StanTheStaraptor View Post
    Probably the only thing that annoyed me was having to breed so much. I prefer to catch them NFE and evolve them, but due to the high levels of later wild Pokemon, I had to breed just for data, which crowded my boxes a little.
    What made it even more annoying was the fact that you couldn't breed until post game (quite possibly one of the dumbest decisions they made with this game). So those breed only Pokemon were unavailable until post game unless you trade. I think if they were going to keep the Daycare where it was, they should've had less of those Pokemon unavailable (and less Pokemon unavailable period).

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    I really think Pikachu should have been in the Unova Pokedex this time. It just feels weird leaving out a Pokemon that you basically see throughout the entire game and the mascot of the series. Plus I really want a Light Ball.
    I don't mind Pikachu not being in the Unova Dex, we've got plenty of Electric types and I'm sure people are tired of having it shoved down their throats by now. I'm more upset that there's nowhere to catch it anywhere in 5th gen, they should've at least put it in the Dream World/Dream Radar. Although it would've been perfect for BW2's post game, it would've fit perfectly on Rt. 3.

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    But that's not the case. I can't find it anywhere online, but during your Xtransciever chat with Bianca and Professor Juniper, Bianca makes a comment that they didn't know all these Pokemon have been living here all this time. And I believe the Flocessy Ranch was confirmed to be older than 2 years old, when old Pokemon started appearing.
    I know which chat you're talking about, that doesn't mean anything. Bianca says that "there are many Pokemon we couldn't prove were here 2 years ago". That doesn't mean they weren't there at all, they just didn't know where they were. As for Flocessy Ranch, that's probably because Southwest Unova was probably isolated from the rest of Unova until recently (presumably until Pop Roxie started ferrying people between Virbank and Castelia).
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Alright, well I guess that makes sense. You win

Anyway, I've noticed everytime I play White 2, I have yet to catch Pokemon past Lentimas Town. Probably because there is so much diversity that my entire team is already composed prior to Lentimas.

Anyway, I've noticed everytime I play White 2, I have yet to catch Pokemon past Lentimas Town. Probably because there is so much diversity that my entire team is already composed prior to Lentimas.
    For me, it's pretty much the opposite. Every time I try to come up with a team for this game, there's always at least one or two that I used in the area past Lentimas Town. In fact, the team I originally had planned for Black 2 consisted of 4 Pokemon past that point (my original team was Serperior, Arcanine, Gliscor, Mienshao, Metagross, and Hydreigon). I'm really pissed that most of the good ones aren't available until then, it makes composing teams a lot harder.

^Yes, if Gligar, Metang, and Lapras were available before then, I'd probably use them. But instead I usually fill the empty slots on my teams with Eeveelutions since theyre available in the wild.

For me, it's pretty much the opposite. Every time I try to come up with a team for this game, there's always at least one or two that I used in the area past Lentimas Town. In fact, the team I originally had planned for Black 2 consisted of 4 Pokemon past that point (my original team was Serperior, Arcanine, Gliscor, Mienshao, Metagross, and Hydreigon). I'm really pissed that most of the good ones aren't available until then, it makes composing teams a lot harder.
    Then again, the main issue for Game Freak when it comes to distributing Pokémon isn't the Pokémon themselves, but the overall type diversity. Mienshao and Metagross you aren't expected to get until near the end of the game anyway, so if you want them, the wait is worth the reward, I guess?

That being said, though, they could've put Ice-types in a pile of grass near Twist Mountain, but nope. :/

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

But instead I usually fill the empty slots on my teams with Eeveelutions since theyre available in the wild.
    I find the Eeveelutions to be a bit of a cop out, it takes all the fun out of team building if you use a "one size fits all" Pokemon more than once or twice on your team. And Leafeon and Glaceon aren't even available until post game.

Then again, the main issue for Game Freak when it comes to distributing Pokémon isn't the Pokémon themselves, but the overall type diversity. Mienshao and Metagross you aren't expected to get until near the end of the game anyway, so if you want them, the wait is worth the reward, I guess?
    Well yeah, in retrospect I was using a lot of super powered Pokemon so I had to scale back a bit. Although even then, it's not uncommon for those Pokemon to be available earlier than that (for instance, sometimes the pseudo legend is available around the 6th gym or so). At any rate, type diversity is quite problematic in this game, especially when it comes to Water, Ice, and Dragon types. But there's a lot of Pokemon I wanted that were too late in the game to be usable, for instance Altaria, Drifblim, Absol, Weavile, Vanilluxe, Druddigon, and Sawk. It's really annoying, because I usually like to have my team fully formed or close to it by about the 6th gym, but in this game no matter what I do, I have to wait on at least 1 Pokemon. And considering that I've used quite a bit of Pokemon before and want to try something new, my options are extremely limited.

That being said, though, they could've put Ice-types in a pile of grass near Twist Mountain, but nope. :/
    Either that, or add in a new area, the problem is that there aren't enough suitable habitats for them, and most of them are too late in the game. That's part of the reason why I was annoyed that they demolished Cold Storage, it was better for pacing because you could get an Ice type reasonably early. And don't even get me started on the season mechanic, that takes way too long to be a feasible way to distribute Ice types. Maybe if they tried something similar with weather, then you'd only have to wait a week or something.

Well yeah, in retrospect I was using a lot of super powered Pokemon so I had to scale back a bit. Although even then, it's not uncommon for those Pokemon to be available earlier than that (for instance, sometimes the pseudo legend is available around the 6th gym or so). At any rate, type diversity is quite problematic in this game, especially when it comes to Water, Ice, and Dragon types. But there's a lot of Pokemon I wanted that were too late in the game to be usable, for instance Altaria, Drifblim, Absol, Weavile, Vanilluxe, Druddigon, and Sawk. It's really annoying, because I usually like to have my team fully formed or close to it by about the 6th gym, but in this game no matter what I do, I have to wait on at least 1 Pokemon. And considering that I've used quite a bit of Pokemon before and want to try something new, my options are extremely limited.
    I'm surprised you can't really get Sawk until that late in the game... hmm...

In any case, many of the Pokémon you mentioned could have been put a bit earlier in the game. I'm sure that from a flavor standpoint, at least some Drifblim or Absol could have migrated over to Reversal Mountain's exterior or something like that.

Either that, or add in a new area, the problem is that there aren't enough suitable habitats for them, and most of them are too late in the game. That's part of the reason why I was annoyed that they demolished Cold Storage, it was better for pacing because you could get an Ice type reasonably early. And don't even get me started on the season mechanic, that takes way too long to be a feasible way to distribute Ice types. Maybe if they tried something similar with weather, then you'd only have to wait a week or something.
    And with the game punishing you for trying to change the date on your DS... yeah, Ice-type lovers were given the short end of the stick on that. :/

I'm surprised you can't really get Sawk until that late in the game... hmm...
    Sawk would be reasonable as a mid game Pokemon, but neither BW1 nor BW2 have put Sawk in an appropriate spot, BW1 gives it to you too early and BW2 gives it to you too late.

Sawk would be reasonable as a mid game Pokemon, but neither BW1 nor BW2 have put Sawk in an appropriate spot, BW1 gives it to you too early and BW2 gives it to you too late.
    I think putting Sawk and Throh at about the same place that Sigilyph is in both games is nice. A 440 BST (or something close to that, I forget) Pokémon that doesn't evolve is perfect for that point in the game, in my opinion. (:

I think putting Sawk and Throh at about the same place that Sigilyph is in both games is nice. A 440 BST (or something close to that, I forget) Pokémon that doesn't evolve is perfect for that point in the game, in my opinion. (:
    There isn't really a suitable place for Sawk and Throh at that point in the game. Maybe Rt. 6 or Relic Passage or something, but that's not that great a fit for them.

In any case, many of the Pokémon you mentioned could have been put a bit earlier in the game. I'm sure that from a flavor standpoint, at least some Drifblim or Absol could have migrated over to Reversal Mountain's exterior or something like that.
    Actually, Drifblim is available at Reversal Mountain.

I really enjoyed having access to older gen pokemon from the beginning. I would have liked to see Pikachu in the wild, but I'm fine with trading it from other games. One thing I am glad they didn't bring back is the excessive amount of Zubat. Having it being rarer than before made me appreciate it a bit more
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

I've noticed that many people have wanted Pikachu in Unova, but I read somewhere that they are only available in Kanto, and the two other places to find them (Trophy Garden and Hoenn Safari Zone) it is implied that they are imported from Kanto!

Anyway, I would've liked for earlier access to Ice types like Bolt the Cat and Wishing Star have been talking about. I haven't ever used Ice in my teams and I didn't have a chance to this time.

Anyway, I would've liked for earlier access to Ice types like Bolt the Cat and Wishing Star have been talking about. I haven't ever used Ice in my teams and I didn't have a chance to this time.
    To be fair, Ice types typically are late game, but the majority of them are too late to be useful. They'd be helpful against Clay, Skyla, and Drayden, but sadly there are few to none available around that point. That just screams "poor design", if you notice (with BW1 especially), they always have several viable choices for type advantages somewhere before the gym leader, but they didn't really do that with Drayden. And since that small area of Twist Mountain is accessible around when you fight Skyla and Drayden, it'd have been the perfect place for them.

I think they could have put more water types before Undella. I find it annoying how half or even more of the water types are only catchable past 6th gym :/ And most of them people use a lot like Vaporeon or Samurott. I would have liked it if they were more spread out.

I also find it weird how Magikarp and Gyarados aren't in the dex

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    I think they could have put more water types before Undella. I find it annoying how half or even more of the water types are only catchable past 6th gym :/ And most of them people use a lot like Vaporeon or Samurott. I would have liked it if they were more spread out.
    Definitely. There's no reason they couldn't have put Pokemon like Wingull, Mantyke, and Remoraid in Driftveil/Virbank or something. There's way too much being withheld until Undella Town.

I also find it weird how Magikarp and Gyarados aren't in the dex
    I don't. Unova is far away from where Magikarp and Gyarados usually live and they'd be kind of redundant with Basculin.

I don't. Unova is far away from where Magikarp and Gyarados usually live and they'd be kind of redundant with Basculin.
    I guess. I guess I am just used to Magikarp being one of those normal Pokemon in the Dex, like Onix and Geodude

I guess. I guess I am just used to Magikarp being one of those normal Pokemon in the Dex, like Onix and Geodude
    The one good thing about all the clone Pokemon 5th gen gave us is that now we don't need to see those kinds of Pokemon all of the time. They can switch it up every so often.

Wow... That is such a diverse Pokedex: my personal favourite regional dex (for obvious reasons). Though, It ain't gonna be as exciting once you get yourself the national dex...
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

Default obtaining dream world hidden abilities

Whats good pocket monster fans im jay, by the way im in need of some help the thing is my computer doesnt have adobe flash player so i cant enter the dream world to obtain some pokemon with hidden abilities. ill post a list of some im interested in if your willing to help me let me know well discuss on a trade how to trade recognize one another in the game my trainers name is "JAY" im a pkBreeder id # is 16900 i got good offers or jst work with me ill owe you big time.

Default dream world hidden abilities

heres a list of pokemon i want ill give away my shinies for em with hidden abilities tell me how we can get in contact...heres the list

ponyta ♀ voltorb abra ♂ gloom ♀ vileplume ♂ growlithe ♂ bellsprout goldeen ♀ seaking ♂ carvanha ♂ exeggcute ♂ froslass shuppet corphish ♂ tropius ♂ whismur ♂ ledian ♂ wailord ♂ cacnea ♂ shelgon ♂ trapinch ♂ croagunk ♂ natu ♂ ampharos ♂ bonsly ♂ sudowoodo ♂ linoone ♂ teddiursa ♂ munchlax ♂ swinub ♂ houndour ♂ azurill ♂ girafarig stantler miltank and lilligant.

Page 162 of 163 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163 LastLast