Page 13 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    I dunno if anyone else is doing this, but I counted the current previous Gen Pokemon in the new Unova dex.

Spoiler:- New Additions:

I'm so excited to see what old Pokemon are added. It's a good thing they're doing this, since a lot of the Unova Pokemon looked weird beside old Pokemon, and having a mixed dex will put an end to that.

I'm assuming that we'll have fewer Hoenn Pokemon in Unova... we already have 4, but I don't think we'll see too many more, only because of RSE remakes.
    Missing a couple there

Absol
    Wingull, Pelipper
    Koffing, Weezing (from the background of Poison gym leader screenshot and she uses it in the upcoming anime episode she is in)
    Remoraid, Octillery (if a good enough rod is available, in order to evolve Mantyke, not 100% confirmed)
    Last edited by Valdoom; 16th April 2012 at 1:16 AM.

Ugh... Buneary and Lopunny. I always hated those two... Almost as much as I hate Golduck. There's just something about gen 4 that made hate some of those Pokemon.

Guys, you can always check out the 3rd post of this thread.
    We keep an updated list of all the obtainable non-Unova Pokemon shown thus far.

.: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I already know for this game I want to start a sequel/spin-off journey with my Black game, a little similar to Dragonball Z & The Legend of Korra:

To make a long story short, I've been playing SS, Emerald, LG, and Platinum as if they were all my SS character (Tucker) traveling through each region, with Unova currently being the last (See signature for more info). Now that there's a year skip & old pokémon in Unova, I'm planning on having this game take place 13 years in the future where Tucker is now the Johto champion and his daughter Zoey goes to Unova to start a journey of her own (or the son if the male PC warms up to me). I'm also planning on NOT catching any of the pokemon I caught as Tucker in the game either. Until the new Unova dex is completed, all I know for 100% sure is that I'm having Oshawott for my starter, but I'm also considering trading myself a fire starter too since I have a DS Lite and a 3DS, as well as both Black and White versions. I'm torn between Emboar (because I haven't used Tepig before) & Charizard (because it's frickin' Charizard!!)
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 16th April 2012 at 4:38 AM.

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Hearing from Cheren that Team Flare has attacked the Aspertia Academy and blew up the school to try to get me to leave Kalos
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Am I the only one looking forward the most to the Ampharos evo line? It's one of the few Electric-types that I like.

Name: Tacho
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by ToedAndTrue View Post
    Am I the only one looking forward the most to the Ampharos evo line? It's one of the few Electric-types that I like.
    I've never gotten around to using one. I keep finding other Pokemon I want to use more than it. I might finally use one this go around but who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    I already know for this game I want to start a sequel/spin-off journey with my Black game, a little similar to Dragonball Z & The Legend of Korra:

To make a long story short, I've been playing SS, Emerald, LG, and Platinum as if they were all my SS character (Tucker) traveling through each region, with Unova currently being the last (See signature for more info). Now that there's a year skip & old pokémon in Unova, I'm planning on having this game take place 13 years in the future where Tucker is now the Johto champion and her daughter Zoey is going on a journey of her own. I'm also planning on NOT catching any of the pokemon I caught as Tucker in the game either. Until the new Unova dex is completed, all I know for 100% sure is that I'm having Oshawott for my starter, but I'm also considering trading myself a fire starter too since I have a DS Lite and a 3DS, as well as both Black and White versions. I'm torn between Emboar (because I haven't used Tepig before) & Charizard (because it's frickin' Charizard!!)
    Yes I have two DSs but not both previous BWs. However, I'll still be adding some stronger Hoenn Pokémon to my Black 2 team.
    I'm ready to get my Larvitar, Mareep, Riolu, and Beldum from these games. I don't think I'll be able to finish the story first. I'll be shooting for all 300+ Pokémon in the new Unovan PokéDex first.
    Looking for:
    - 5-6 IV Beldum Family Member (Non-English)
    - HA Fletchling Family Member
    - Drifloon Family Member (Non-English)

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Guys, you can always check out the 3rd post of this thread.
    We keep an updated list of all the obtainable non-Unova Pokemon shown thus far.
    Ah, I didn't see that. Thank you.

Part of me really REALLY wants some Starters to be found in the wild. Just random ones... like, I dunno, Bulbasaur, and... Totodile. Turtwig. Something. I doubt it's going to happen, though.

As far as more likely possibilities go, I really hope Gible, Skarmory, Staraptor, Porygon, Beedrill and/or Vespiquen, and Butterfree are all available. Part of me doesn't want Geodude, Rattata, Zubat, or Tentacool, but since they're so basic (minus Tentacool), I feel like they'll be added.
    Last edited by Grei; 16th April 2012 at 4:36 AM.

Good choice! I've used that line twice before and they really do work well. *goes to hug her Flaffy*

So far I'm planning on using Stoutland(Mr.Munchlax isn't the only one planning to play this protag as an older one's kid), and while I can't be sure of the rest of the team yet, for some reason the female protag is leaning toward Weezing for me. Can't wait for the rest of the dex so I can fill out the slots.
    I still love you, I will till I die
    And love is much stronger then anger or pride
    Please baby, let's unburn all our bridges

I can't wait to get a Mareep, then I can use Ampharos, he's definetely one of m favorites.

That was my only problem with Skyla, she was too easy to take out, too many accesible types before her.

You're not alone. But I fear that, for having using it so many times (I played GSC over and over again when I was a kind and Ampharos was on my team half of the time), I might not use it. If it gets a nice movepool improvement, I will definitively consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoom View Post
    Missing a couple there

Absol
    Wingull, Pelipper
    Koffing, Weezing (from the background of Poison gym leader screenshot and she uses it in the upcoming anime episode she is in)
    Remoraid, Octillery (if a good enough rod is available, in order to evolve Mantyke, not 100% confirmed)
    Absol and Pelliper are not confirmed because the battle seen in the trailer could be post-storyline, meaning National Pokédex.

"However, these dreams fill his head to the point where he cannot think about anything else and any attempts to causes him to pass out from mental exhaustion."
    [Bulbapedia, Black (Adventures)]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post

To make a long story short, I've been playing SS, Emerald, LG, and Platinum as if they were all my SS character (Tucker) traveling through each region, with Unova currently being the last (See signature for more info). Now that there's a year skip & old pokémon in Unova, I'm planning on having this game take place 13 years in the future where Tucker is now the Johto champion and his daughter Zoey goes to Unova to start a journey of her own (or the son if the male PC warms up to me). I'm also planning on NOT catching any of the pokemon I caught as Tucker in the game either. Until the new Unova dex is completed, all I know for 100% sure is that I'm having Oshawott for my starter, but I'm also considering trading myself a fire starter too since I have a DS Lite and a 3DS, as well as both Black and White versions. I'm torn between Emboar (because I haven't used Tepig before) & Charizard (because it's frickin' Charizard!!)
    What's this year skip I see mentioned around?

Cool idea btw.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Frankie View Post
    What's this year skip I see mentioned around?

Cool idea btw.
    The game is explicitly stated to take place 2 years after BW.

Ah, I didn't see that. Thank you.

Part of me really REALLY wants some Starters to be found in the wild. Just random ones... like, I dunno, Bulbasaur, and... Totodile. Turtwig. Something. I doubt it's going to happen, though.

As far as more likely possibilities go, I really hope Gible, Skarmory, Staraptor, Porygon, Beedrill and/or Vespiquen, and Butterfree are all available. Part of me doesn't want Geodude, Rattata, Zubat, or Tentacool, but since they're so basic (minus Tentacool), I feel like they'll be added.
    Porygon never seemed fitting as a wild pokemon to me ever sine I saw it in Stadium. It's just a program whereas a majority of pokemon show emotions and such.

Also, please no zubat and geodude. It took 5 gens to get new cave basic pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    The game is explicitly stated to take place 2 years after BW.
    I know. For some reason I thought there was something I was missing. Like it doesn't have to be said that it takes place after BW if that makes sense. Ok, nevermind.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Quote Originally Posted by Ereshk View Post
    You're not alone. But I fear that, for having using it so many times (I played GSC over and over again when I was a kind and Ampharos was on my team half of the time), I might not use it. If it gets a nice movepool improvement, I will definitively consider it.

Absol and Pelliper are not confirmed because the battle seen in the trailer could be post-storyline, meaning National Pokédex.
    why would they show National Dex only Pokemon in a roll of "HEY YOU CAN GET THESE POKEMON DURING THE STORY NOW" footage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    why would they show National Dex only Pokemon in a roll of "HEY YOU CAN GET THESE POKEMON DURING THE STORY NOW" footage
    'Cause they're mean?
    I still love you, I will till I die
    And love is much stronger then anger or pride
    Please baby, let's unburn all our bridges

Well, yeah, I know. Highly unlikely. But not impossible. Nah, forget it. I guess it's fair to put them in the preliminary list.

"However, these dreams fill his head to the point where he cannot think about anything else and any attempts to causes him to pass out from mental exhaustion."

Yeah, they wouldn't do that.

People, during the promotional periods of these games, it is very rare for them to show any content that is only available post-game. That stuff is usually just not talked about. It's extra content as a reward for beating the game. Did we know anything about the Abyssal Ruins, Village Bridge, or Lacunosa Town prior to the game's release? Nope.

Unless it's pertaining to the Battle Frontier, White Forest, Black City, or a major new concept like that, we won't really know anything about the post-game until someone beats the game and tells us about it.

And ,again, kind of weird to go THREE HUNDRED POKEMON IN THE POKEDEX!!! ALL NEW OLD POKEMON FOR YOU TO CAPTURE! LIKE THIS ONE, OR THIS ONE, AND THESE GUYS
    except these 3 they can't be caught until you beat the game sucker

And ,again, kind of weird to go THREE HUNDRED POKEMON IN THE POKEDEX!!! ALL NEW OLD POKEMON FOR YOU TO CAPTURE! LIKE THIS ONE, OR THIS ONE, AND THESE GUYS
    except these 3 they can't be caught until you beat the game sucker
    Okay, okay, I get it. *big smile*

I'm hoping they balance the number of Pokémon in each type, like putting more dragons and ghosts and less waters and normals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ereshk View Post
    Okay, okay, I get it. *big smile*

I'm hoping they balance the number of Pokémon in each type, like putting more dragons and ghosts and less waters and normals.
    Of course there's not a lot of dragons and ghosts to really go around. Maybe Shuppet & the Duskull lines will come back, at least.

I might be wrong…but in the intro for the game when you see the male trainer inside the underwater tunnel. Is that a luvdisc under the mantine? there seems to be another pokemon there. Someone watch that clip and maybe they can confirm/deny.\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KukZIqknOA

Check at 36 secs in the link above.
    Last edited by mannyguy; 16th April 2012 at 5:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mannyguy View Post
    I might be wrong…but in the intro for the game when you see the male trainer inside the underwater tunnel. Is that a luvdisc under the mantine? there seems to be another pokemon there. Someone watch that clip and maybe they can confirm/deny.\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KukZIqknOA

Check at 36 secs in the link above.
    You mean in the bottom left-hand corner? It looks like some kind of fish, but it's hard to tell. And even if it is a fish, it could be Alomomola.

You mean in the bottom left-hand corner? It looks like some kind of fish, but it's hard to tell. And even if it is a fish, it could be Alomomola.
    Yeah. Around there more like mid left corner. But there seems to be another pokemon there possibly Alomomola like you said….its really hard to see. But its there.

I hope it's not Luvdisc
    no one wants luvdisc
    no one uses luvdisc

Page 13 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast