Page 136 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 4051

Thread: Expanded Pokedex Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    It definitely seemed like they didn't put much thought into what would happen when they changed the storyline path. If you notice, the wild Pokemon distribution in this game is actually similar to in BW1, which explains why the distribution is so clustered, because they didn't bother moving the Pokemon in East Unova to earlier areas. Instead of just opening up East Unova and calling it a day, they should've gone through each area and thought "All right, there's 150 more Pokemon to work with, which ones make sense for this area". It's not terribly hard, IDK why they didn't bother.
    Exactly. It's kinda weird how some areas have almost strictly just non-Unova Pokémon, while some others (sometimes neighboring) have almost only Unova Pokémon. The distribution really feels like lazy work.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Exactly. It's kinda weird how some areas have almost strictly just non-Unova Pokémon, while some others (sometimes neighboring) have almost only Unova Pokémon. The distribution really feels like lazy work.
    The weird thing is that it seems it was very specific, baffling work.
    Things like Yanma, Jigglypuff & Lickitung were both on route 14 and were specifically removed to post game area because ??? when they could have just left them alone. Other later areas also had their Pokemon taken away for little reason. Route 15 in particular is fascinating because Marowak & Kangaskhan were both removed despite the route still being in the post-game anyway (Fearow became a swarm [which I'm fine with but that's neither here nor there]).

Going in and removing/altering the pokemon found on certain routes sounds like it would take more time to do than just leaving them as they were and altering levels accordingly....so why not just be lazy and leave them alone (beyond levels)?

I wish gamefreak would talk about their decisions on pokemon distribution. Dumb, baffling, or infuriating (well, to some people) as they may be it would be nice to know their thought processes.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Things like Yanma, Jigglypuff & Lickitung were both on route 14 and were specifically removed to post game area because ??? when they could have just left them alone. Other later areas also had their Pokemon taken away for little reason. Route 15 in particular is fascinating because Marowak & Kangaskhan were both removed despite the route still being in the post-game anyway (Fearow became a swarm [which I'm fine with but that's neither here nor there]).
    I think the reason Pokemon were removed from Rt. 14 and 15 was because there were like, 10 Pokemon per route or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I think the reason Pokemon were removed from Rt. 14 and 15 was because there were like, 10 Pokemon per route or something.
    But that's so much more fun than struggling through routes with few Pokémon...

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    But that's so much more fun than struggling through routes with few Pokémon...
    Meh, it's not much of an improvement. Because then it gets hard to find particular Pokemon. Either way, the best move would've been to spread the non Unovan Pokemon to earlier routes.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I agree with Bolt, putting more non-unovan pokemon in the earlier areas, as well as all that Seigaiha City jazz up there, because that's where nothing was before so that could easily just fit in there. I mean I love Sangi Ranch and all, I just feel like the only reason it was out there was just to shove in Riolu, Mareep, etc.

Going in and removing/altering the pokemon found on certain routes sounds like it would take more time to do than just leaving them as they were and altering levels accordingly....so why not just be lazy and leave them alone (beyond levels)?

I wish gamefreak would talk about their decisions on pokemon distribution. Dumb, baffling, or infuriating (well, to some people) as they may be it would be nice to know their thought processes.
    Gamefreak really should talk about their decisions on Pokemon distribution. The way they did the distribution in this game was lazy work. From what I saw on the Serebii dex some areas have no Unova Pokemon at all while some routes have all Unova Pokemon. The fact that there is no day care until post game sort of baffles me as well because what is BW2's excuse? They could have and should have added more thought while they were developing this game.
    Last edited by Pokechan; 3rd August 2012 at 5:45 AM.

So I was wondering which Pokémon species have made unavailable through any methods including events for Gen V, so here it is, using B2W2 unobtainable list:

Ekans-Arbok
    Articuno
    Zapdos
    Moltres
    Mew
    Chikorita-Bayleef-Meganium
    Cyndaquil-Quilava-Typhlosion
    Totodile-Croconaw-Feraligatr
    Unown
    Raikou
    Entei
    Suicune
    Celebi
    Nincada-Ninjask/Shedinja
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Phione
    Manaphy
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 3rd August 2012 at 6:04 PM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    So I was wondering which Pokémon species have made unavailable through any methods including events for Gen V, so here it is, using B2W2 unobtainable list:

Ekans-Arbok
    Articuno
    Zapdos
    Moltres
    Unown
    Raikou
    Entei
    Suicune
    Celebi
    Nincada-Ninjask/Shedinja
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Phione
    Manaphy
    I don't think you can count events, or at least not the ones that aren't worldwide.

I don't think you can count events, or at least not the ones that aren't worldwide.
    Well in that case:

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur
    Charmander-Charmeleon-Charizard
    Squirtle-Wartortle- Blastoise

Ekans-Arbok
    Pichu-Pikachu-Raichu
    Zapdos
    Moltres
    Articuno
    Mew
    Unown
    Raikou
    Entei
    Suicune
    Celebi
    Treecko-Grovyle-Sceptile
    Torchic-Combusken-Blaziken
    Mudkip-Marshtomp-Swampert

Nincada-Ninjask/Shedinja
    Kyogre
    Groudon
    Rayquaza

Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Phione
    Manaphy
    Shaymin
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Well in that case:

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur
    Charmander-Charmeleon-Charizard
    Squirtle-Wartortle- Blastoise

Ekans-Arbok
    Pichu-Pikachu-Raichu
    Zapdos
    Moltres
    Articuno
    Mew
    Unown
    Raikou
    Entei
    Suicune
    Celebi
    Treecko-Grovyle-Sceptile
    Torchic-Combusken-Blaziken
    Mudkip-Marshtomp-Swampert

Nincada-Ninjask/Shedinja
    Kyogre
    Groudon
    Rayquaza

Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Phione
    Manaphy
    Shaymin
    Yeah, that looks about right. Most of these should've been made available in BW2 postgame (and maybe a few other rare ones from White Forest, Dream World, Dream Radar, etc.). I think this would be a pretty good list:

Pikachu- Rt. 3
    Kirlia- Rt. 2, Dreamyard
    Nincada- Pinwheel Forest Outside
    Silcoon/Cascoon- Pinwheel Forest Inside (both would be available, but one would be a version exclusive caught normally, while the other would be caught by Shaking Spot. Like Sawk and Throh.)
    Wormadam- Pinwheel Forest Inside
    Mothim- Pinwheel Forest Inside
    Scyther- Pinwheel Forest Inside, Rt. 18
    Arbok- Rt. 18
    Machoke- Pinwheel Forest Outside, Rt. 15
    Luxio- Rt. 3
    Linoone- Rt. 1-3
    Pidgeot- Rt. 1-3
    Staravia- Rt. 1-3
    Tauros- Rt. 3
    Miltank- Rt. 3
    Loudred- Wellspring Cave
    Tentacruel- Rt. 17
    Rhydon- Clay Road, Rt. 15
    Dugtrio- Clay Road
    Unown- Underground Ruins
    Snorunt- Twist Mountain
    Masquerain- Moor of Icirrus
    Shelgon- Dragonspiral Tower
    Torkoal- Rt. 15
    Electrode- P2 Laboratory
    Porygon- P2 Laboratory
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 4th August 2012 at 2:05 AM.

Don't forget about the Creation Trio.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Don't forget about the Creation Trio.
    They and Lugia and Ho-oh available through the Dream Radar, although you need copies of the respective 4th gen game to unlock them (so they probably should be on that list actually). Frankly, IDK how to fit anymore legendaries in, after that point it feels like they're cramming them in to random places.

It's still so weird that they went out of their way not to make the Pikachu line readily available anywhere in 5th gen.
    Not in the wild in BW1.
    Not in the wild in BW2.
    Not in White Forest.
    Not in either version of the Dream World.
    Not in Dream Radar.
    Not an in-game trade in either set; not even the Ruri/Tetsu sequence!

It's still so weird that they went out of their way not to make the Pikachu line readily available anywhere in 5th gen.
    Not in the wild in BW1.
    Not in the wild in BW2.
    Not in White Forest.
    Not in either version of the Dream World.
    Not in Dream Radar.
    Not an in-game trade in either set; not even the Ruri/Tetsu sequence!
    $50 says that if they bothered putting more thought into BW2's Pokemon distribution, they probably would've put it in post game. It's not too late, though, they could still put it in a new DW area. Isn't there supposed to be a new park area coming out sometime?

$50 says that if they bothered putting more thought into BW2's Pokemon distribution, they probably would've put it in post game.
    no because otherwise they would have put it in the game to begin with
    you don't just "overlook" the series mascot when looking at pokemon to put in your game

no because otherwise they would have put it in the game to begin with
    you don't just "overlook" the series mascot when looking at pokemon to put in your game
    IDK, they've made some pretty stupid decisions in this game. It wouldn't surprise me. And you said it yourself, it's baffling as to why it isn't.

IDK, they've made some pretty stupid decisions in this game. It wouldn't surprise me. And you said it yourself, it's baffling as to why it isn't.
    Yeah it's weird, but it's so specific there had to be some reason
    Maybe to exaggerate the point of it being so far away from other regions or something?

Because GF wants to do things unexpected. Throwing in a ton of Legends. Closing off Challenger's Cave and Route 10, making Icirrus City inaccesible until post-game, putting the freaking Day Care post-game, give us shinies, etc.

The point is, GF wanted to break the molds placed by previous games, not putting Geodude and Machop in, and no Pickachu! I'm kind of just hoping for a Dream World Event with a Pickachu and Light Ball since right niw the only way to get Volt Tackle is by PokeTransfering.

Because GF wants to do things unexpected. Throwing in a ton of Legends. Closing off Challenger's Cave and Route 10, making Icirrus City inaccesible until post-game, putting the freaking Day Care post-game, give us shinies, etc.

The point is, GF wanted to break the molds placed by previous games, not putting Geodude and Machop in, and no Pickachu! I'm kind of just hoping for a Dream World Event with a Pickachu and Light Ball since right niw the only way to get Volt Tackle is by PokeTransfering.
    Sing Lightning Rod Pikachu (which was also female) held a light ball

Sing Lightning Rod Pikachu (which was also female) held a light ball
    But that wasn't international (at least I don't think).

But that wasn't international (at least I don't think).
    You wanted a Pikachu with Light Ball for 5th gen and a Pikachu with Light Ball there was

Can entree Pokemon hold items? Because then the upcoming Pikachu can also hold it.

You wanted a Pikachu with Light Ball for 5th gen and a Pikachu with Light Ball there was

Can entree Pokemon hold items? Because then the upcoming Pikachu can also hold it.
    Ok, ok, you got me. But idk if they can, I don't think we've had an instance of that.

Ok, ok, you got me. But idk if they can, I don't think we've had an instance of that.
    On second thought I don't think they can. Pretty sure I've caught Vulpix that don't hold Rawst Berries (100% in BW1)
    shame

Yeah it's weird, but it's so specific there had to be some reason
    Maybe to exaggerate the point of it being so far away from other regions or something?
    Then why add in non Unovan Pokemon at all?

making Icirrus City inaccesible until post-game
    That's not really that surprising. You typically don't catch the first two games' mascots until post game, and Dragonspiral Tower is the most logical place to catch them. So it's not that much of a stretch to believe the areas around it would also be post game.

putting the freaking Day Care post-game
    While that is unexpected, it's unexpected because the Day Care is so crucial to the gameplay. They should've moved it.

give us shinies
    Red Gyarados says hi.

Page 136 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast